Another Viewer

Johnson City, TN

#22 Oct 27, 2013
I missed the news about Rob leaving. I really hate to hear it. Someone said he would still be in the area....in T.V.?
dirt farmer

Johnson City, TN

#23 Oct 30, 2013
Sadly no, from what I heard he is out of TV altogether. But has anyone seen the new people on their morning show? That Anna's voice is nerve racking!
another viewer

Johnson City, TN

#24 Oct 30, 2013
dirt farmer wrote:
Sadly no, from what I heard he is out of TV altogether. But has anyone seen the new people on their morning show? That Anna's voice is nerve racking!
It seems to match Marler's voice, not terribly pleasant. Thanks for reply on Rob. Will miss him.
Dumont Network

Johnson City, TN

#25 Oct 30, 2013
dirt farmer wrote:
Sadly no, from what I heard he is out of TV altogether. But has anyone seen the new people on their morning show? That Anna's voice is nerve racking!
Saw Botat, Williams, or whatever his name is, on the other evening. He obviously was demoted and Hipolit was probably fired. I guess the whole lavender crowd is now on a new campaign to get their replacements fired. They've been trying to get Amy Lynn canned for years. They want the J.C. gay cult to have the every on air job.
Clint Westwood

Kingsport, TN

#26 Nov 4, 2013
i heard Rob was having flashback attacks after that dude went Robin Hood on him. cant confirm, just saying
Anonymous

Atlantic Beach, FL

#27 Nov 4, 2013
Nude news,now that's more like it.
Love peace

Greenville, SC

#28 Nov 4, 2013
Idk what happen but I just dont even want to watch it if Robs not on it. Best weather man ever.
female

Johnson City, TN

#29 Nov 4, 2013
Love peace wrote:
Idk what happen but I just dont even want to watch it if Robs not on it. Best weather man ever.
I agree. I've always liked Mark Reynolds, but Rob could have been a news anchor. He had a great TV personality, and yep, I'm female, but he was easy on the eyes.
Carl

Johnson City, TN

#30 Nov 4, 2013
female wrote:
<quoted text>I agree. I've always liked Mark Reynolds, but Rob could have been a news anchor. He had a great TV personality, and yep, I'm female, but he was easy on the eyes.
Are you genetically female or gender female? Have to ask nowadays because one shouldn't assume. Also your "easy on the eyes" remark sounds fairly creepy. Apparently you judge men to a large degree on their appearance and that too is creepy. Perhaps your backward attitude worked back in the 1800's but shouldn't be tolerated today.
female

Johnson City, TN

#31 Nov 4, 2013
Carl wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you genetically female or gender female? Have to ask nowadays because one shouldn't assume. Also your "easy on the eyes" remark sounds fairly creepy. Apparently you judge men to a large degree on their appearance and that too is creepy. Perhaps your backward attitude worked back in the 1800's but shouldn't be tolerated today.
Wow, what a response to what I thought were compliments for Rob! My birth certificate says that I am a female, and "easy on the eyes" is a very old expression complimenting someone with good looks. Apparently you are easily "creeped out", which is a bit strange. I fail to understand how complimenting someone shouldn't be tolerated today. I guess I find your whole posting quite strange.
Reality Czech

Kingsport, TN

#32 Nov 4, 2013
Hey folks, can you get over the talking heads and focus on the news they are reporting? OK, I admit, that's a loaded question, being that the reporters have no say in what they actually convey. I mean, if you want to know whats going on in Bristol or Kingsport, just watch the Johnson City station and vice versa. I just don't see how anyone can expect the news to be entertainment. Well, I guess I have gone against the grain of today's amusements. Seems we want to be amused to death whether the news is embroidered, filtered or just plain old news. News should be dull instead of fluffed up and made more palatable. I don't think any of us would consider Bozo the Clown delivering the news as realistic.
Male

Rutherfordton, NC

#33 Nov 6, 2013
female wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, what a response to what I thought were compliments for Rob! My birth certificate says that I am a female, and "easy on the eyes" is a very old expression complimenting someone with good looks. Apparently you are easily "creeped out", which is a bit strange. I fail to understand how complimenting someone shouldn't be tolerated today. I guess I find your whole posting quite strange.
. Too bad you found him "easy on the eyes" honey. He only dates men.
No Name

Johnson City, TN

#34 Nov 6, 2013
I think Rob did an outstanding job as a weather man. He will be missed by many and I wish him the best on his future endeavors.
bubba

Little River, SC

#35 Nov 6, 2013
WJHL needs to hire Johnny Wood. He'd definitely make it worth watching. He's the best ever.
female

Johnson City, TN

#36 Nov 6, 2013
Male wrote:
<quoted text>. Too bad you found him "easy on the eyes" honey. He only dates men.
I have no problem with his dating. He is still a good looking and articulate man and we could use more of those around here!
like black bears

Indian Trail, NC

#37 Nov 11, 2013
I miss Rob Williams he was always a pleasant person to give the weather and he got it right. I'm not sure what happen but if everybody good is leaving then I am sure something is going on a WJHL. I really don't like what it is. If Josh Smith Leaves then So will I! Would love to know where Rob is and Tim Cable so I can watch them or at least listen to them if they are on the radio or something
female

Johnson City, TN

#38 Nov 11, 2013
female wrote:
<quoted text>I have no problem with his dating. He is still a good looking and articulate man and we could use more of those around here!
Someone checked "mean". Now how is calling a man good looking, articulate, and can date who he wants to mean?
like black bears

Calhoun, TN

#39 Nov 16, 2013
I want Rob Williams back I am not happy with what is going on at WJHL now in the news department. I never watch the morning show with Amy & Morgan. Sarah Diamond thinks she's cute. Thing that replaced Tab Mils stumbles all over herself. If you all want to keep people watching you need to stay with what works. That was at least Tim and Rob. Come on people do something right for once
dirt farmer

Johnson City, TN

#40 Nov 18, 2013
like black bears wrote:
I want Rob Williams back I am not happy with what is going on at WJHL now in the news department. I never watch the morning show with Amy & Morgan. Sarah Diamond thinks she's cute. Thing that replaced Tab Mils stumbles all over herself. If you all want to keep people watching you need to stay with what works. That was at least Tim and Rob. Come on people do something right for once
I know what you mean. They really have gone downhill since Rob and Tim left. And I really can't stand that new girl Anna. She comes off as being fake.
Amused Viewer

Johnson City, TN

#41 Nov 22, 2013
dirt farmer wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean. They really have gone downhill since Rob and Tim left. And I really can't stand that new girl Anna. She comes off as being fake.
I can understand why you are kind of miffed. We all respond to the familiar and routine. It helps brings stability. They were polished on camera and during the tornados they worked hard to allert the areas affected. But when the news about Williams, and his now deceased ex-boyfriend, became national headlines even an infrequent viewer could tell something wasn't right at WJHL. And it was more (I'll be polite) than Williams and Simpsons obvious on-air affection for each other. The truth about what was really happening will remain in-house. WJHL is the media and the media normally don't report disturbing news about their own Company's employees. But management realized something was dysfunctional and many were fired. So we're left with the core of the old news teams to provide continuity for the viewers. Monarch Sara and Josh. Can I get an Amen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grace Baptist Church Jc TN (May '10) 11 hr Dan 6
Eh Puto 12 hr Teddy Bear 1
Johnson City Yankees (Feb '15) 14 hr Lowell 6
I Miss Anna Zook! 21 hr You know it is true 12
washington county detention center (Feb '13) 21 hr You know it is true 29
Grindstaff Automotive Group (Sep '10) Sat My My My 36
Gray Principal Sat Please be a rumor 10

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages