First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Since: Dec 12

Kingsport, TN

#103 Dec 27, 2012
So from what I gather from these post is that if someone is abused it's ok to kill the abuser? Not sure how you rationalize that. There are many other options. My father use to beat my mother and she got us and her away and did everything she had to do to stay safe and away. Also, my dad was a convicted murderer.. so she had more than enough reason to be scared. Killing someone isn't the answer and abuse is sometimes lied about and used as an excuse. Such is the case in Erwin a few years ago when a man named Jason Stancil was murdered by a a druggie whore he was dating and she claimed he beat her which was not the case at all, and she walked. It's not right. I don't know the details to this case, maybe she had no option, but killing someone is never right.
Agree

Hermitage, TN

#104 Jan 3, 2013
I totally agree with what you are saying.

Was this the case where they had a true bill or something like that ? I didn't hear too much about that case though I hate to say. I am sorry Jason Stancil lost his life.

Also, if its the same Misty Harris - I think she was arrested March 2012 for Domestic Abuse ... and she does not look 34 ... she looks like she is in her 50's. Like she has lived a "hard drug" life...

Is she related to Kent Harris ?
Agree

Hermitage, TN

#105 Jan 3, 2013
Incendiary and Racy ????? lol hahaha

WHATEVER
at the trail

Knoxville, TN

#106 Jan 10, 2013
just sayn wrote:
if she was beat, its not murder dumbass, its self defense and a woman can only take so much. i would have done the same. i met wendy and i think she done what she had to do to keep herself alive.
she never got abused. the highest priced lawyers in the area didnt even try to prove that she was. i think that might have tried to use that in her defence if it was even close to the truth. your defending a convicted murder dumbass.
smart alec

Nashville, TN

#107 Jan 10, 2013
at the trail wrote:
<quoted text> she never got abused. the highest priced lawyers in the area didnt even try to prove that she was. i think that might have tried to use that in her defence if it was even close to the truth. your defending a convicted murder dumbass.
Seems to me if she could afford the high priced lawyers, she could have afforded some counseling for abuse, and an apt of her own, instead of shooting someone. Just sayin'
at the trail

Knoxville, TN

#108 Jan 14, 2013
smart alec wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me if she could afford the high priced lawyers, she could have afforded some counseling for abuse, and an apt of her own, instead of shooting someone. Just sayin'
these people are her family. you should have seen the looks on their faces when she said she didnt know if she pulled the trigger. they knew it was a lie because the had just heard the 911 tape for the 20th time and heard her say i killed him.
Your stupid

Clarksville, TN

#109 Apr 10, 2013
I know Wendi wrote:
I know Wendi..no I dont believe you should kill anyone but none of us were there when this happened and we dont know the whole story and never will. Wendi is a beautiful, bright and hopeful lady. I personally dont think she should have to spend the rest of her life in jail....she is punished enough having to live with that fateful night rolling over and over in her mind every day for the rest of her life. I think Wendi could be a contribution to our society and would love to see her home with her family and friends. Things are not always as they seem and maybe we should just let the one person who is suppose to judege her when the time comes ......we dont really have the right too. God is the only one besides Wendi who is alive and knows what really happeded. Leave her alone. Good luck Wendi and love ya! Keep your head up!
she said she did it and I trust her. That's how we know. Who would admit to murder that didn't do it? You must think she is as stupid as you.
Truth

Knoxville, TN

#110 Apr 10, 2013
Well now Misty Harris in Erwin walks on a murder charge. Well lets see Sheriff at the time Kent Harris and Misty Harris walks? Do you see something funny here? I think we need to remember who does the right thing Tony Clark made sure Justice was served in the Wendi Garrison case something former D.A. Joe Crumley couldnt do. Clark could care less who you are or what you are worth he does his job.
Not the truth

Clarksville, TN

#111 Apr 15, 2013
Truth wrote:
Well now Misty Harris in Erwin walks on a murder charge. Well lets see Sheriff at the time Kent Harris and Misty Harris walks? Do you see something funny here? I think we need to remember who does the right thing Tony Clark made sure Justice was served in the Wendi Garrison case something former D.A. Joe Crumley couldnt do. Clark could care less who you are or what you are worth he does his job.
clark didn't do Wendy's case. He is friends with her family. He stepped away so I guess he does care who you are. Al smutzer put Wendy away. Clark also did not do the David Phillips case either because Phillips gave money to his campaign. If you give money to his campaign you get smutzer. I would take my chances with Clark though. Smutzer is the real deal.
Whatever

Hermitage, TN

#112 Jun 10, 2013
Wow Still Talking about this whole thing ?!
Is there not anything else to talk about that is more important ?!
wow

Piedmont, SC

#113 Jun 10, 2013
Not the truth wrote:
<quoted text>clark didn't do Wendy's case. He is friends with her family. He stepped away so I guess he does care who you are. Al smutzer put Wendy away. Clark also did not do the David Phillips case either because Phillips gave money to his campaign. If you give money to his campaign you get smutzer. I would take my chances with Clark though. Smutzer is the real deal.
You're an idiot. Clark didn't do the Phillips case because they are related and it's a conflict of interest. It has nothing to with money. Get your facts straight.
JPs daughter

Murfreesboro, TN

#115 Nov 2, 2014
I found out about 6 years ago that I was JP's daughter. Yes, him and my mom apparently had a fling and then I came along. I never got to meet him because it was too late when my mom found his family after they moved. I wish every single day that this would've never happened to him. My father will never walk me down the aisle, meet my grandchildren, & I'll never get to feel him hug me and tell me that he's proud of me. Regardless of who did what & what happened that night, all I know for sure is that my father is up in heaven watching over me. & I know he loves me and I will see him someday. I wasn't there that night & I have absolutely no idea how it happened, but it truly breaks my heart. I think about him every single day and talk to him when I go to bed at night. I wish that the situation could've been resolved other ways but God has a plan for everything. So before you bad mouth both of them, just think about what really matters. A life is lost & another is in jail for a very long time. No one won in this situation at all & it's sickening. But, I will forever love JP regardless of if I met him or not.
Snoop

Melbourne, FL

#116 Jan 7, 2015
Sad situation. Wendi has 6-7 yrs left in her sentence.
Were drugs in either JP's or Wendi's system? Pills? Why were the cell phones burned in the fireplace? She sounded pretty fucked up in the 911 call very early in the AM.

The forensics (if i remember correctly) showed the but of the muzzle loader was on the ground aimed straight up at the ceiling.. in front of the couch. The splatter was on the ceiling. She did not level the gun at him and fire. Seems to say that JP must have had to hunch his head/face over top of the barrel why both were sitting on the couch. He did not deserve to die but it sounds as though he could of been very much a part of his own death. Maybe he (and Wendi) thought it was unloaded or no cap.

Drugs, Alcohol and firearms do not mix! One of them should have stepped back. Also neither of them showed proper respect for a firearm (loaded or not)

Personally, I think she should have been convicted of an assisted suicide charge. This was senseless and preventable. RIP to Josh and condolences to his family.

I did go to Jr high and high school with Wendi. She definitely had a temper back then. I saw hung out with her briefly while she was out in 2010 and to tell the truth I felt weird and uncomfortable around her. She has a good family and I feel sorry for them (and her). Good luck Wendi.
Fuqua

United States

#117 Apr 4, 2015
Justice wrote:
He was a Good Dude and If She was Beat Doesn't make her any less of a murderer
A
Shut up u selfrightious windbag.ur poop stinks too..
Melissa J Stout

United States

#118 Jun 12, 2015
Evidently not one of you where in that court room, and heard the facts. she literally blew this mans head off, nothin but a piece of spine poking out between his shoulders. If she was beat, & I know for a fact the bitch wasn't beat, yes I wish he would've beat her ass now, she's a grown woman, leave! She had NO marks on her. NOTHING! Argue that all you want, I seen every bit of evidence, I heard the 911 tape. Those of you condoning the fact this "woman" took someone's life is pathetic. So she blows his head off at point blank range & said to the investigators during her interigation "I didn't know I shot him" the investigator asks "how could you not hear the blood run in from his body" her statement to that was "I thought my dog was peeing"!! Now, she'll go enjoy the holidays with her family & enjoy the rest of her life, while JPs family misses him everyday of their lives. His mom & dad will never get that privilege. I don't know how half of you people sleep at night. On yea, he beat her, I forgot about that...even though we seen the both of them together the evening before it happened. So know what you're talking about before you talk shit about something you know nothing about! Wendie said it so it's true? I guess maybe her mutt was peeing after all. Which is all she asked about the whole ride to jail. There's a place for people like her....
Red Rover

Johnson City, TN

#120 Apr 19, 2017
Melissa J Stout wrote:
Evidently not one of you where in that court room, and heard the facts. she literally blew this mans head off, nothin but a piece of spine poking out between his shoulders. If she was beat, & I know for a fact the bitch wasn't beat, yes I wish he would've beat her ass now, she's a grown woman, leave! She had NO marks on her. NOTHING! Argue that all you want, I seen every bit of evidence, I heard the 911 tape. Those of you condoning the fact this "woman" took someone's life is pathetic. So she blows his head off at point blank range & said to the investigators during her interigation "I didn't know I shot him" the investigator asks "how could you not hear the blood run in from his body" her statement to that was "I thought my dog was peeing"!! Now, she'll go enjoy the holidays with her family & enjoy the rest of her life, while JPs family misses him everyday of their lives. His mom & dad will never get that privilege. I don't know how half of you people sleep at night. On yea, he beat her, I forgot about that...even though we seen the both of them together the evening before it happened. So know what you're talking about before you talk shit about something you know nothing about! Wendie said it so it's true? I guess maybe her mutt was peeing after all. Which is all she asked about the whole ride to jail. There's a place for people like her....

Is she related to the many Maupins that seem to liter this town?
What she said

Johnson City, TN

#122 May 5, 2017
smart alec wrote:
<quoted text>

The money wasn't hers it belonged to her parents. I worked with Wendy at House of Ribs when I was in college and even when she was young, she was the most spoiled brat you've ever seen. She was exceedingly rude to the staff every time her mother was short handed and needed for someone to come in. I remember her mother begging her, "I'll pay you $100 if you'll come in, I need someone here." If that were my daughter and I was paying the bills she would have been there regardless and I wouldn't have paid her anything.

I am not sure of the financial status of her family now, but I know they spent over $100K on her legal fees. I understand she wanted to save her daughter, but when you have a 911 tape, you are just throwing your money away trying to defend that.

To anyone that knew Wendy from back in the day, no....this doesn't shock us at all. You could see it coming from a mile away. Somebody should have busted her ass a long time ago and let her know the world doesn't revolve around her.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halliburton Cover Up Coming To Light 9 hr Myobservations 5
bcm principal 9 hr Myobservations 11
Marx the Spot 17 hr OhTudyRudy 6
News Meet Donny Reagan, America's Most Racist Pastor? (Feb '14) 20 hr House The Church ... 383
Kind Chiropractic (Sep '13) 22 hr NOTHAVINIT 7
Nastious places in Johnson city Thu Learn2Spell 6
Stacy Stanley Thu Brenda 2

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages