First Prev
of 2
Next Last
inquiringmind

Chatsworth, GA

#1 Aug 6, 2010
i was hoping to find a present employee of at&t call center in johnson city that might be able to shed some light on the hiring process with the company. how long does it take and what does it entail?
looking for attorney

Johnson City, TN

#2 Aug 6, 2010
inquiringmind wrote:
i was hoping to find a present employee of at&t call center in johnson city that might be able to shed some light on the hiring process with the company. how long does it take and what does it entail?
my sister works there I will ask her ...

Since: Oct 09

JC

#3 Aug 7, 2010
Hi, I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the hiring process requires that you go online to their site, look for an opening and submit your application. I may be wrong. Maybe you will get a call, maybe not. If you do, be prepared for a long drawn out "orientation" at your own expense, no pay for it. Then you will be subject to the usual 9 panel urine test, background check, etc. If by chance you get an interview you may be on the track to getting hired. At least they don't rely on temporary work agencies to fill positions. Good luck!
Sunny

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Aug 7, 2010
laffingravy wrote:
Hi, I'm not absolutely sure, but I think the hiring process requires that you go online to their site, look for an opening and submit your application. I may be wrong. Maybe you will get a call, maybe not. If you do, be prepared for a long drawn out "orientation" at your own expense, no pay for it. Then you will be subject to the usual 9 panel urine test, background check, etc. If by chance you get an interview you may be on the track to getting hired. At least they don't rely on temporary work agencies to fill positions. Good luck!
Orientation and all that is inclusive, is paid to you hourly. I worked for the company for 5 years. And, as well, they do go through temp agencies to staff, in certain areas. The hiring process may take a couple weeks from application to actual start of orientation, but all in all, the process goes very smoothly. Benefits are wonderful and full coverage medical and dental packages are very, very inexpensive.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#5 Aug 7, 2010
No, the first orientation and testing is NOT paid. AT&T had me go through 2 interviews, the first orientation and testing, called me back for a 3rd interview, gave me a tour and told me to be expecting a call from them within the week.... before I even got home I had an email in my inbox saying they were not interested at this time. So basically I wasted about a month on them when it was all said and done.
JOHNSON CITY

Johnson City, TN

#6 Aug 10, 2010
looking for attorney wrote:
<quoted text>
my sister works there I will ask her ...
sorry it took me so long to get back to you but I see some have already posted the correct hiring process.. good luck
inquiringmind

Chatsworth, GA

#7 Aug 10, 2010
thanks for the input. i was just trying to get a general idea as i'm having alot of trouble finding employment, other than restaurant or similar work. i just needed an idea of a timeline to know what i should do next, 'just in case'. :)

Location hidden

#8 Aug 10, 2010
ACT is always hiring if u are in need of employment badly. It's not too bad of a job... it's a call center, so it's not great, but not so bad either. Same goes for Dial America. Good Luck!
just curious

Orange Park, FL

#9 Aug 27, 2010
Can someone tell me where the call center is located?

My daughter is trying to move to the area to join her husband, who is already there. He couldn't find a job here where we live, so had to return to Johnson City, TN, to his hometown with family and found a job there.

My daughter is living with me, trying to find a job there in Johnson City, to go join him.

She applied at AT&T's website for a call center job.

Just curious, where is it located?

Location hidden

#10 Aug 27, 2010
Exit 20 off of I-26 & take a left at the end of the ramp or Exit 20B if coming from Erwin direction. It's the old WalMart building... It will be on ur right.
Anonymous

Nashville, TN

#11 Aug 29, 2010
I would like to work there

Since: Aug 10

Nashville, TN

#12 Aug 29, 2010
just like tpi, hated this place.
a person

Kingsport, TN

#14 Aug 5, 2012
Does anyone kno the website is called.
scoccer mom

United States

#15 Aug 5, 2012
AT&T is not hiring and has not in two years!
truth

Morganton, NC

#16 Aug 7, 2012
inquiringmind wrote:
I've worked for the company & I wouldn't recommend it. But If you do decide to put yourself through it you must first apply online. If you qualify they will probably send you a test or something else to fill out. It takes forever to get hired. Be prepared to wait as long as a couple months once they propose an offer. It's a depressing place to work. The mgt doesn't care about their people just numbers. It's a poor company
truth

Morganton, NC

#17 Aug 7, 2012
Sunny wrote:
<quoted text>Orientation and all that is inclusive, is paid to you hourly. I worked for the company for 5 years. And, as well, they do go through temp agencies to staff, in certain areas. The hiring process may take a couple weeks from application to actual start of orientation, but all in all, the process goes very smoothly. Benefits are wonderful and full coverage medical and dental packages are very, very inexpensive.
Uhh I don't think you're talking about the same AT&T because my medical insurance was $550 a month so I sought elsewhere for coverage. It's a joke. Citi however is a great place to work
truth

Morganton, NC

#18 Aug 7, 2012
inquiringmind wrote:
thanks for the input. i was just trying to get a general idea as i'm having alot of trouble finding employment, other than restaurant or similar work. i just needed an idea of a timeline to know what i should do next,'just in case'.:)
I would try citi or dial America
Miranda227

North Little Rock, AR

#19 Mar 18, 2013
Just Some Girl wrote:
No, the first orientation and testing is NOT paid. AT&T had me go through 2 interviews, the first orientation and testing, called me back for a 3rd interview, gave me a tour and told me to be expecting a call from them within the week.... before I even got home I had an email in my inbox saying they were not interested at this time. So basically I wasted about a month on them when it was all said and done.
You can never count on them to live up to do right by their applicants. I have tested with them on 2 separate occasions and passed both times, was interviewed both times and was told to expect a call to negotiate salary. I was very optimistic after the interview and am definitely qualified for the position. I also had a short tour of the call center and was told a lot of details that I don't feel the average applicant would have been told. But after almost 3 weeks of not receiving a call, I checked the online status of the positions I have applied for and it said that all positions have been filled. They had numerous positions available and after all of the build up, I not only DIDN'T get the position but they don't even bother to email a person to let them know. You have to go into the website and check the status of the position you've applied for. It's a very poor way for a company to conduct themselves. They could at least send out a mass email to all of the people they actually interviewed face to face to let them know so they don't hesitate about accepting other positions as I did. I waited too long to accept another position because I had the impression that the position was mine. So you might want to log in online and check the status of your position and see if it's still open or if it has been filled because they will just leave you hanging.
Michelle

Longwood, FL

#20 Mar 26, 2013
scoccer mom wrote:
AT&T is not hiring and has not in two years!
That is a damn LIE....AT&T hasn;t hired in 2 years?
Maybe

Sumrall, MS

#21 May 15, 2013
Michelle wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a damn LIE....AT&T hasn;t hired in 2 years?
I know factually 8 were hired about two weeks ago in my area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 33 min Ron 304
Buttercup Bakery closes in downtown Erwin 2 hr StupidStomper 8
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare 11 hr Truthout 21
narcs (Apr '13) 19 hr attention 14
Fuzzy Holes (Mar '09) 23 hr curious1 75
Welcome To URINE, Tennessee 37650 (formerly kno... Fri Urine_formerly Er... 1
Erwin is called Urine Fri Urine_formerly Er... 10

High Wind Watch for Washington County was issued at November 22 at 12:03PM CST

Johnson City Dating
Find my Match