First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Yahooo

Chatsworth, GA

#42 May 6, 2011
Mostly unattractive women and the usual collection of JC Bar crowd types. See them at a different bar every night. I wouldn't trust the bartenders not to mickey your drink if you're a pretty girl.
Kim

Fort Worth, TX

#43 Dec 12, 2012
The one in fort worth is the same! Once I met friends up there and a friends boyfriend had to take off his hoodie before he could enter and one time I went with my boyfriend and he had on wind pants and white t shirt and he had to go change! Another time we went and he had on camo shorts and a white wife beater and he had to go change again! He was young and looked like a punk kid even though he wasnt! Both the guys above are white just looked young! Horrible! But women can go in with hoodies, wind pants or tanktops!
outta place

Burnsville, NC

#44 Dec 13, 2012
Hadn't been to the cowboy in over a year so decided to go a few weeks back wow!! I in shock my fiancé and I we're totally embarrassed to even be there! What the hell has happened to that place? Hardly anyone there and what was we're either 18 or 80 and the in betweens we're so nasty looking or looked like total druggies!! The music sucked! Felt so outta place!! And you can't smoke in there now but yet when you go outside its all under 21 that's huddled smoking! will not be back! Sad to see.what used.to be a decent place go down hill like that! Maybe they should change the name to "Electric Sound"
andy

United States

#45 Mar 12, 2013
DUI wrote:
My Dad was recently killed by a drunk driver that had been @ the Electric Cowboy in Johnson City.
What was your dad's name? I am interested because this could be a dram shop lawsuit.
Sugar Daddy

Johnson City, TN

#46 Mar 20, 2013
Where do you go to meet hot looking ladies in this area..........I got cash burning a hole in my pocket..........want to spend it on good dinner with an intelligent hot lady.....do they exist in JC??????
Big Daddy

Johnson City, TN

#47 Mar 24, 2013
This little red neck haven needs to be shut down but the police pull more pootie out of there than anyone so they love routine patrol there.I would like to see an Electric Cowboy/New Beginnings night together that would bring out some real action

Since: Mar 13

United States

#48 Mar 28, 2013
It's a simple fix. DONT GO THERE. It's a club with drunk people. Stupid stuff is going to happen. You put yourself in these situations. It doesn't mean what happens is right, but thats what happens when people get out and drink. If that place offends you then don't go there, but it's the same at any other club you will go to. I go out to some on occasion & you just have to be careful and if things get to crazy then leave.

United States

#49 Mar 28, 2013
DUI wrote:
My Dad was recently killed by a drunk driver that had been @ the Electric Cowboy in Johnson City.
I am sorry for your loss but it isn't Electric Cowboy's fault. That person chose to drink & drive. People need to stop trying to put the blame on other people and accept the fault themselves.
That driver could have been to any other place and got in the accident. I have been to the EC many times in my youth & the bar tenders had to cut me off a few times even though I wasn't driving. I think they try to do their job as best as they can but someone can appear somewhat normal but not be ok to drive.
Annoys me when people try to put the blame on others.

United States

#50 Mar 28, 2013
B Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Me? I'm just a person like anyone else. I also believe people are responsible for their own actions.
Nice dramatic name you picked for youself, its a nice attention getter. Befor you get all high and mighty I'm also a person who has lost two loved ones at the hands of drunk drivers and lost two close friends in high school because they were drinkng and driving so spare me the soapbox. We all experience loss and tragedy, its as natural a part of life as breathing. Life isn't fair and people do stupid things and make poor choices every day, sometimes the outcome is tragic and lethal. Yes its sad and often avoidable and all that stuff, but its no reason to go and start laying blame to the whole world. Its also my opinion that a bar and bartender shouldn't be responsible for what a patron does after they leave.
I agree with you

United States

#51 Mar 28, 2013
Muddy wrote:
<quoted text>And what do you expect from the women who CHOOSE these losers while they probably passed up a hundred decent guys!! SAME old "Oprah" crap, that women are never responsible for their own STUPID CHOICES!!! Boo hoo!!

I somewhat agree with you. I have seen women in there who throw stuff on men, argue with them, hit them and because they are women its "ok". Women use the excuse, "oh sorry I was just drunk". But men cannot do it or it is the worst thing in the world. I am a woman and it annoys me to see other women doing this and blaming being drunk as the excuse. If thats the case, then why can't men use the same excuse.
I don't think it is right for a man or a woman to hit each other, but if you get in a situation where you are in a huge building full of people that have been drinking theres going to be problems.
I went there several times when I was younger & not one time did I get hit or have a drink thrown on me. I just stayed near my friends and just had a good time.
BIG DADDY

Johnson City, TN

#52 Mar 30, 2013
Raise Hell Lower Heaven
nedwreck

Memphis, TN

#53 Sep 20, 2013
Stay in Shape wrote:
What you expect from the lowlifes around here who were taught by their redneck fathers that ladies were made to be abused. A gentlemen would never throw a drink on a women.
What is even sadder is the ladies around here have such a low esteem of them selves they accept being used and abused by some Budweiser drinking, tobacco chewing, big fat beer belly out of shape $8/hour dude thinking they can't find better.
you're confusing rednecks with white trash....and those women happen to like country boys thank you very much
No longer a straight club

United States

#54 Sep 29, 2013
The place went about 90% gay about 2-3 years ago. Too many homosexuals go there and hit on any guy walking in.
Doof

Kingsport, TN

#55 Sep 29, 2013
FEED UP wrote:
I HAVE BEEN TO THE ELECTRIC COWBOY ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS AND ON BOTH OF THOSE I WAS ASSAULTED BY MEN IN THE BAR, AND THE BOUNCERS SIDE WITH THE MEN ON BOTH OCCASIONS.
THERE IS NO ASSIGNED SITTING ACCORDING TO THEM, SO THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU HAVE BEEN SITTING AT THE SAME TABLE ALL NIGHT AND SOMEONE ELSE FEELS LIKE SITTING THERE THEY CAN JUST TAKE YOUR TABLE OR SIT THERE WITH YOU AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT ACCORDING TO THE HEAD BOUNCER. THEN THEY CAN THROW A DRINK ON YOU AND BECAUSE THE BOUNCER DIDN'T SEE IT, ALTHOUGH YOU ARE SOAKING WET, THEN YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT THAT EITHER.
NOW LADIES IF A MAN COMES ON TO YOU AND YOU TURN HIM DOWN HE HAS THE RIGHT TO CALL YOU ALL KINDS OF NAMES AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT, BECAUSE IF YOU DO (SUCH AS SLAP HIS FACE) YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
TELL ME IS THIS THE KIND OF PLACE JOHNSON CITY NEEDS? DON'T WE HAVE ENOUGH PLACES LIKE THIS ALREADY? DO MEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISRESPECT WOMEN IN OUR LOCAL ESTAMLISHMENTS WITH OUT ACCOUNTABILITY?
IF THEY WANT TO CATER TO THE MEN THEY SHOULD JUST SAY SO.
Maybe you are in the wrong place looking for a good time. What do you expect? It's a bar with drunks, people looking to hook up, and various assorted dry cods and loose women. If you want respect, go to a respectable place instead of a bar.
Mr McClain

Mooresville, NC

#56 Oct 16, 2013
No longer a straight club wrote:
The place went about 90% gay about 2-3 years ago. Too many homosexuals go there and hit on any guy walking in.
Heard the same thing. Almost all homosexuals go there now.
Ranger

Johnson City, TN

#57 Oct 16, 2013
Mr McClain wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard the same thing. Almost all homosexuals go there now.
You were a ball hog.
tinamarie

Mount Carmel, TN

#58 Nov 10, 2013
No longer a straight club wrote:
Lots of people are saying the same thing. Who knows how true that is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Williams property for school 14 min Very Interesting 11
Experiences with Johnson City Juvenile Court Ju... 42 min ugotamber 4
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 5 hr Jennifer 1,485
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 8 hr Control of School... 127
Rick Cheek at Comcast 13 hr American Injun 3
Firehouse Subs should be in Johnson City!!!!! 17 hr SUBmarine 1
LGBT and now Q? 18 hr Really 101

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance