First Prev
of 3
Next Last
FEED UP

AOL

#1 Aug 14, 2006
I HAVE BEEN TO THE ELECTRIC COWBOY ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS AND ON BOTH OF THOSE I WAS ASSAULTED BY MEN IN THE BAR, AND THE BOUNCERS SIDE WITH THE MEN ON BOTH OCCASIONS.

THERE IS NO ASSIGNED SITTING ACCORDING TO THEM, SO THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU HAVE BEEN SITTING AT THE SAME TABLE ALL NIGHT AND SOMEONE ELSE FEELS LIKE SITTING THERE THEY CAN JUST TAKE YOUR TABLE OR SIT THERE WITH YOU AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT ACCORDING TO THE HEAD BOUNCER. THEN THEY CAN THROW A DRINK ON YOU AND BECAUSE THE BOUNCER DIDN'T SEE IT, ALTHOUGH YOU ARE SOAKING WET, THEN YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT THAT EITHER.

NOW LADIES IF A MAN COMES ON TO YOU AND YOU TURN HIM DOWN HE HAS THE RIGHT TO CALL YOU ALL KINDS OF NAMES AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT, BECAUSE IF YOU DO (SUCH AS SLAP HIS FACE) YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.

TELL ME IS THIS THE KIND OF PLACE JOHNSON CITY NEEDS? DON'T WE HAVE ENOUGH PLACES LIKE THIS ALREADY? DO MEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISRESPECT WOMEN IN OUR LOCAL ESTAMLISHMENTS WITH OUT ACCOUNTABILITY?

IF THEY WANT TO CATER TO THE MEN THEY SHOULD JUST SAY SO.
Jim Krause

Washington, NC

#2 Oct 31, 2006
FEED UP wrote:
I HAVE BEEN TO THE ELECTRIC COWBOY ON SEVERAL OCCASIONS AND ON BOTH OF THOSE I WAS ASSAULTED BY MEN IN THE BAR, AND THE BOUNCERS SIDE WITH THE MEN ON BOTH OCCASIONS.
THERE IS NO ASSIGNED SITTING ACCORDING TO THEM, SO THIS MEANS THAT IF YOU HAVE BEEN SITTING AT THE SAME TABLE ALL NIGHT AND SOMEONE ELSE FEELS LIKE SITTING THERE THEY CAN JUST TAKE YOUR TABLE OR SIT THERE WITH YOU AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT ACCORDING TO THE HEAD BOUNCER. THEN THEY CAN THROW A DRINK ON YOU AND BECAUSE THE BOUNCER DIDN'T SEE IT, ALTHOUGH YOU ARE SOAKING WET, THEN YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT THAT EITHER.
NOW LADIES IF A MAN COMES ON TO YOU AND YOU TURN HIM DOWN HE HAS THE RIGHT TO CALL YOU ALL KINDS OF NAMES AND YOU CAN DO NOTHING ABOUT IT, BECAUSE IF YOU DO (SUCH AS SLAP HIS FACE) YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE.
TELL ME IS THIS THE KIND OF PLACE JOHNSON CITY NEEDS? DON'T WE HAVE ENOUGH PLACES LIKE THIS ALREADY? DO MEN HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISRESPECT WOMEN IN OUR LOCAL ESTAMLISHMENTS WITH OUT ACCOUNTABILITY?
IF THEY WANT TO CATER TO THE MEN THEY SHOULD JUST SAY SO.
To whomever posted this,Please contact me.
My name is Jim Krause General Manager of Electric Cowboy - Johnson City.
At the club if I am not in please leave a contact number.
Thanks
Jim
Jeff

Pittsboro, NC

#3 Feb 15, 2007
I have been to the cowboy only a couple of times but I like it there, I beleive it is the best dance club in the area but don't go alone because people like to start stuff anywhere you go and as long as you have someone there who has your back, i say it is all free game but the cowboy is a pretty cool place but not to meet men or women because most of the women are pretty well not gonna say but if you go and just watch you can figure it out for urself
Misty

AOL

#4 Jun 23, 2007
I've been to The Cowboy many times and haven't had a problem. All the men there have always been nice and respectful to me. I think the bouncers take have very good control of what goes on there. Yeah if you leave your seat alone someone will sit in it because there aren't enough seats when it gets full, but give them a few minutes and they'll be back on the dance floor. I have always had fun at the Electric Cowboy.
hopelesslyinlove

Tarboro, NC

#5 Jun 26, 2007
It's the best club in town, never had a problem love 2 go there
Tony

AOL

#6 Jun 29, 2007
The electric cowboy in louisville scans your ID instead of just looking at it, putting your private info in there computer data base without your permission. This will cause you to be put on their mailing list. For those of you who may be going there without the knowledge of those you live with, whether it be a significant other or a moral parent. Don't worry about them being in the dark long, because you will soon be recieving all kinds of mailings.
As far as the stolen seat issue, it is a given that people are going to have to go get a drink sooner or later, and if a bottle or a glass is left in front of a chair, then some humanistic respect should be shown knowing that that seat may be asked for back, and a descent person will say I am sorry and remove them selves from that seat.
the electric cowboy also will allow women in, wearing almost nothing, but if you are a man then your shirt better have sleeves. This bar is more degrateing to women than a strip bar, based upon the fact that a strip bar will monitarily compensate the women in there establishments for showing their body, that they capitalize on.
I will never spend another cent in an electric cowboy, and I will tell every social friend I have of this clubs one sided, ruthless, tactics. I hear every one say that we should all vote on election day. The truth, that in a capatilist society, can not be denied is; You get to vote on every thing, every day, every time you spend a dollar. These votes quite often are vastly more important than election day votes in this free enterprise society.
Not only will the electri cowboy not get my vote, but I will also activly campaingn against this type of preditory buisness.
hopelesslyinlove

Tarboro, NC

#7 Jul 2, 2007
well tony thats in louisville not johnson city and thats ur opinion so u just dont go there and dont vote for it becuase everyone has there own thought of something as far as overall place IT'S GREAT AND MEETS MY EXPECTATIONS, ITS BETTER THAN SOME OTHER BARS AROUND HERE
new to area

AOL

#8 Jul 3, 2007
Will elec cowboy be open tonight? anywhere worth going out tonight?

Since: Jul 07

Tarboro, NC

#9 Jul 9, 2007
YES GO THERE
HOW LOW CAN YA GO

Lebanon, TN

#10 Jul 16, 2007
I have been there twice and both times found it to be exceptionally nice and well monitored i.e. bouncers doing their job. I also think it is very clean, only I will say the second visit that the bathroom was not as clean as the first. Anyone can have an off night.

Since: Jul 07

Tarboro, NC

#11 Jul 18, 2007
thats right u tell em
pirateflags

Franklin, TN

#12 Jul 18, 2007
Great Place! As far as the staff siding with one person or the other, I have never noticed the folks there being against any one particular person or the other. They just seem to try and maintain a good atmosphere.
bufferd

Addison, TX

#13 Jul 18, 2007
WHAT A CROCK OF SH%$^$& ELECTRIC COWBUT THE PLACE HAS NOTHING AND I MEAN NOTHING TO DO WITH COWBOYS OR COWGIRLS JUST A BUNCH OF PREPIES AND OLD MAIDS TRYING TO HOLD ON TO THEIR YOUTH (LONG GONE) BY FAR NOT THE BEST NIGHT SPOT IN THE TRICITIES FOR REAL COWBOY INTERTAINMENT COME OVER TO KINGSPORT TO THE STOCK YARD FOR THE REAL THING NOT A BUNCH OF WANNABEES WE HAVE DANCING ALL NIGHT IN THE GRAVEL PARKING LOT (FREE) AND THE TRUE WESTERN AROMA ALL AROUND
pirateflags

Franklin, TN

#14 Jul 23, 2007
Have fun TEX..........
Kimberly migare

AOL

#15 Aug 25, 2007
Its so much fun there. For people that has never
been you need to try it you will have blast. I think its the badest dance club I have ever been to. You dont need to go with a boyfriend are a girlfriend becouse they are more then likely to cheat on you. But other then that you will have a blast
Mike

Bristol, TN

#16 Dec 22, 2007
Well, Never been to the Electric Cowboy but did go to the Sound. I do know for a fact that alot of people the works at the Electric Cowboy did work at the Sound. Any decent person wanting to hang out and listen to music and drink a few should stay at home. That way you are not drinking and driving, or havings drinks thrown on you or someone not taking your side. It is just a matter of time before the Eletric Cowboy turns into a MEAT MARKET like the Sound did. No good comes from being in a bar....
marci

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Jan 9, 2008
my brother is a bouncer at the cowboy and he loves his job!!! Go vols
GVegas

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jan 10, 2008
LISTEN PEOPLE....Anytime you get that many people in one building DONT FORGET MORE THAN HALF OF THEM WILL BE DRINKING AND OR DRUNK...so when you go to such a place under those conditions what do you expect..Drunk aggressive men that dont understand the word NO and they think if they buy a drink you owe them something in return..lol..Not to mention those men and women as well that are eat up with the GREEN EYED MONSTER and wanna fight over their significant other at the drop of a hat you people need to everyone a favor and STAY HOME!!!!
Sasha from Richlands VA

Nicholasville, KY

#19 Jan 27, 2008
I've been to the Electic Cowboy once - New Year's Eve '08. It was ok, wall-to-wall packed, about impossible to move around, but ok. lol I'm not doubting that the original poster had a problem with a bouncer, perhaps she did. I know that from my experience, it's not like that now. One of my friends told a bouncer about a drunk guy harrassing her and other girls, and he was asked not to talk to any more women, or he'd be asked to leave.
..Electric Cowboy seems alright to me, i'd go back again..=)
tom

Knoxville, TN

#20 Feb 12, 2008
The music is old, outdated, and repetitive that plays the same stuff over and over. it goes from dance music to slow country which can be very annoying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr Steve 9,453
Dykes Defends Vicki Woodward But Stresses Over ... 2 hr Question 4
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 3 hr FranklinsMom18 205
Ahole Manager At Champs JC Mall 3 hr Shopper 3
Stiel vs Dykes 3 hr Attorney Jackie C... 6
Is Danny Good Stable Enough To Be Around Kids 5 hr Well now we know ... 5
Clash 9 hr Should I Stay Or ... 2
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••
•••