Which Position Should Ron Dykes Cut?

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bouffant Sugar Daddy

Bristol, TN

#1 Jun 27, 2013
Which should he cut? At-Risk Counselor/Girlfriend who seldom works but still gets paid, Senior Citizens at top heavy Central Office, Senior Citizens at Asbury, "Professional" Groundskeeper Supervisor, Merry Mower Men, Athletic Directors, School Nurses, Instructional Assistants, or Classroom teachers?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Cut the Top

United States

#2 Jun 28, 2013
Bouffant Sugar Daddy wrote:
Which should he cut? At-Risk Counselor/Girlfriend who seldom works but still gets paid, Senior Citizens at top heavy Central Office, Senior Citizens at Asbury, "Professional" Groundskeeper Supervisor, Merry Mower Men, Athletic Directors, School Nurses, Instructional Assistants, or Classroom teachers?
Parents do not want overcrowded classrooms. Instructional Assistants should not be cut. Most assistants are very hard working people with low wages.
Left for Another System

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Jul 3, 2013
Cut the fat at the CO. Everyone knows that WC is too TOP HEAVY. Other systems laugh at the the WC System.
Spray Paint

Erwin, TN

#4 Jul 3, 2013
How about Ron cut his own pay?
I know

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Jul 3, 2013
He should cut the athletic director at crockett. big waste of money right there.
No Deal

Greeneville, TN

#6 Jul 3, 2013
Spray Paint wrote:
How about Ron cut his own pay?
No way needed for hair spray.
Absolutely

Jonesborough, TN

#7 Jul 3, 2013
I know wrote:
He should cut the athletic director at crockett. big waste of money right there.
I agree!
Beerman

Hickory, NC

#8 Jul 6, 2013
t Boone side AD

Since: Apr 13

Murfreesboro, TN

#9 Jul 6, 2013
Cut the athletic director at dchs??? That's fair to the kids then they would be the only high school in the area without an athletic director. Unlike shhs and others we have a severely underfunded athletic dept lackluster weightroom, facilities and sports equipment I wouldn't cut that dept anymore hell the school has just 1 gymnasium no swim team no tennis team and a pathetic track to run on. Dont penalize the kids anymore in the sports dept we have over 1300 kids in that school and the athletes compete in a major tssaa classification against many large schools throughout the area they have to keep an athletic director!
Oh Please

Jonesborough, TN

#10 Jul 7, 2013
What EXACTLY has Josh Kite done to help Crockett athletics? NOTHING that's what. My child goes there and you're not telling me anything that I don't know. He is a waste of money. If they are going to keep the position then at least get someone who WILL do the job.
Get A Clue

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jul 7, 2013
How about you people focus your kids on their education instead of leisure sports. It's much more important that we dwindle the idiot to intelligent ratio around here. You can start off with the basics like learning the difference between sale and sell. Then move on to more advanced things like the difference between to, too, and too or there, their, and they're.

Since: Apr 13

Greenville, SC

#12 Jul 9, 2013
Yes I agree we should maybe hire someone new to run the athletic dept but definitely not abolish it. Get a clue I agree with you learning does come first but please look at the test scores for all of the schools in washington co and the city and they have improved in every category every year the past 4 years. Although not stellar and crockett and boone are behind science hill in every category they have always been a little above the state average in reading writing science and math. The problem is and I strongly recommend watching the movie waiting for superman is that once a teacher completes 3 years of teaching they get residency which means no matter how poor or how amazing a teacher is unless they commit a crime they always have a job, they might get moved around but are guaranteed the job and I promise you that's true. And there is no incentive for great teachers with great scores who cannot get paid more for going above and beyond so there is no motivation in monetary means to be great that's how it is in every public school system, please watch the teacher produced movie waiting for superman, we can't get rid of the bad teachers that's a major problem! But please guys we have a good school system we have never been great in the county system but we have never been below average on our standardized testing according to the state education dept...
Oh Please

Jonesborough, TN

#13 Jul 9, 2013
How about you get off of your high horse and stop acting like you are so superior? My son is an athlete AND manages a 3.9 GPA. I think that he is doing just fine with his education and his "leisure sports". Let me guess you are one of those goobers who wouldn't know a baseball from a football and couldn't make the team? It's tough being a loser, eh?
Get A Clue

Johnson City, TN

#14 Jul 9, 2013
Oh Please wrote:
How about you get off of your high horse and stop acting like you are so superior? My son is an athlete AND manages a 3.9 GPA. I think that he is doing just fine with his education and his "leisure sports". Let me guess you are one of those goobers who wouldn't know a baseball from a football and couldn't make the team? It's tough being a loser, eh?
Really? Is the best you can do finger wagging name calling and random assumptions?
If your kid is sooo smart with his whopping 3.9 GPA he must be terribly embarrassed to have such a complete moron for a parent.
Hard Working Teachers

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Jul 9, 2013
bassmaster44 wrote:
Cut the athletic director at dchs??? That's fair to the kids then they would be the only high school in the area without an athletic director. Unlike shhs and others we have a severely underfunded athletic dept lackluster weightroom, facilities and sports equipment I wouldn't cut that dept anymore hell the school has just 1 gymnasium no swim team no tennis team and a pathetic track to run on. Dont penalize the kids anymore in the sports dept we have over 1300 kids in that school and the athletes compete in a major tssaa classification against many large schools throughout the area they have to keep an athletic director!
We agree. Just cut out the positions at the CO. No other system has that many assistants to the assistants. Cut the overstaffed Asbury senior staff too. They sleep more than they work. Some only have 2 to 3 students at one time. One employee there has a permanent vacation. Let us guess who that is.
Wise Owl

United States

#16 Jul 9, 2013
Hard Working Teachers wrote:
<quoted text>We agree. Just cut out the positions at the CO. No other system has that many assistants to the assistants. Cut the overstaffed Asbury senior staff too. They sleep more than they work. Some only have 2 to 3 students at one time. One employee there has a permanent vacation. Let us guess who that is.
Very wise bunch of teachers here. It does not take long to catch on when you do in service at Asbury.
Oh Please

Jonesborough, TN

#17 Jul 9, 2013
Get A Clue wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Is the best you can do finger wagging name calling and random assumptions?
If your kid is sooo smart with his whopping 3.9 GPA he must be terribly embarrassed to have such a complete moron for a parent.
Really? Is THAT the best that you can do? You are hilarious! Josh Kite IS an embarrassment to DCHS. He sneaks off to play golf all day long and does absolutely nothing to help any of the schools on this side of the county. Try calling the school one day to reach him. They will tell you that he is out or at one of the other schools when he is really hanging out at the golf course or at home taking a nap. This has been proven and he has been caught before but absolutely nothing was done. Nothing.
No Boss

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Jul 29, 2013
Oh Please wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Is THAT the best that you can do? You are hilarious! Josh Kite IS an embarrassment to DCHS. He sneaks off to play golf all day long and does absolutely nothing to help any of the schools on this side of the county. Try calling the school one day to reach him. They will tell you that he is out or at one of the other schools when he is really hanging out at the golf course or at home taking a nap. This has been proven and he has been caught before but absolutely nothing was done. Nothing.
Who is Kite's boss or is he his own boss like the other AD?
Wondering

Smartt, TN

#19 Jul 29, 2013
Why are some staff members held accountable and others are not held accountable?
Sleep Center

United States

#20 Aug 1, 2013
Asbury teachers will stay/work is not the correct word until the funeral home comes to take them away. They would have already been retired if they were in a regular classroom. Been there during inservice and have seen them napping. Total waste of tax dollars. What can be done to stop the waste?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonesborough Teacher Rebman 11 hr Acne abound 3
Kimber Halliburton 11 hr Get real 20
Washington County Schools Cover Up 11 hr Disgusted 9
Poll Who will you vote for in August for Congress? (Jul '14) 11 hr Taxation is theft 3
Poorboy Lawncare 15 hr Okgood 11
You's Dumb Girls Sat GoodOldDay 22
Planet Fitness In the Evenings Sat Idiot 12

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages