Republicans in House and Senate Poise...

Republicans in House and Senate Poised to Cave Again

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

Hillbillyboy

United States

#1 Oct 15, 2013
Well, here it comes. The mainstream GOP leaders, if you can even call them that, are set to raise the white flag once again.

And like every thing else they do, they are going to do it with an air of deceit, i a vain attempt to trick their own remaining supporters (imagined supporters).

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/10/15/re...

See the sleight of hand going on there?

Remember how the House sent the final bill to the Senate which demanded that the special Obamacare tax and Obamacare exemptions that the Unions were getting, to be removed in the interest of fairness?

Remember how that was what got this whole shut down thing started in the first place?

Well, now Mitch McConnel and the Senate Republicans are bringing up a "compromise" plan which will...extend the exemptions for the unions by a year! And they are makng it seem as if it is a concession they are getting from the Democrats!

That is ridiculous!

It would be like a fictional Peace Conference between France, Britain and Germany in September of 1939 (Eve of WWII), where Hitler and the Nazis totally dominate the peace talks so that in the end (after allied resolve collapses) the British and French actually demand that Germany invade Poland, as part of the Peace talks!

Or if there had been Peace talks between the North and the South just before the Civil War broke out, and the Union demanded a concession, where the Confederacy would be required to keep its slaves and succeed from the Union!

That is about what is going on in the Senate, where Mitch McConnell is giving the democrats everything and getting zero in return, and actually trying to trick conservative voters into thinking that it is some sort of "compromise".

Just a very good reason why the conservative voters need to vote out guys like McConnell, and Corker, and Alexander, and Roe, and McCain, and Graham, etc etc. This bunch of GOP Judases are always giving the store away to the democrats...while trying to deceive their own supporters (as if there are any left) into thinking that they are doing something to advance the conservative agenda, when they are actually sabotaging the conservative agenda.

And if any real Conservative politicians do actually stand up and resist the encroachment of socialism, these phoney Republicans such as the McConnell crowd mentioned above, will attack and belittle them in the media, make dirty closed door deals to derail them, and generally stab them in the back.

Like the old fuddy duddy Republicans did to Ted Cruz when he stood up in the Senate. He was betrayed by the Judases in his own party.(McConnell, Alexander, Corker,etc etc)

And then we see political idiots like Karl Rove, and Bill Oreily on Fox news dissing Ted Cruz and the Tea Party for standing up to Obama.

Excuse me Karl Rove, but you have led the GOP into a disaster situation with your ridiculous leadership. Their approval rating by the public (even among republicans) is only around 5%. You have lost the WH with the awful and ridiculous choice of ridiculous candidates for President on 2008 and 2012 (unwinable candidates).

Rove and his new conservatism havent only lost us the White House, but also the Senate, and most likely the House in 2014. The GOP is probably finished. After 2014, the GOP will just be a fractioned third party.

And that is probably for the best.

It hadnt stood for anything in a long time anyway.
Full time

United States

#2 Oct 15, 2013
Maybe it's time you realized that the current republican policies are not supported by the people. The majority of Americans are not happy with the republican tactics and see them as whiners. It would be nice if they were working for the will of the people instead of just trying to beat the democrats.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#3 Oct 15, 2013
Full time wrote:
Maybe it's time you realized that the current republican policies are not supported by the people. The majority of Americans are not happy with the republican tactics and see them as whiners. It would be nice if they were working for the will of the people instead of just trying to beat the democrats.
Which republicans are you talking about?

Are you talking about the ones who cave in all the time, surrender to the democrats without a fight, and have a 5% approval rating from their own constituents?

Or the other republicans, who are actually listening to their constituents, and standing up to oppose the socialism nightmare?

(And are popular with the folks back home, and getting more so every day)

Ted Cruz is rising in popularity. The "Surrender Caucus", such as Corker and McCain, and Alexander, Roe, etc...they are going down in popularity.

You liberals must remember, that the folks back home who elected the Tea Party guys...they are the American people too.

America dont belong just to the liberals. And the conservatives are entitled to have their voices heard as well.

We might turn the tables around on the liberals, and remember that the disastrous Obamacare is unwanted by 70% of the people, and the websites dont even work.

Some states have zero enrollees, while all 50 states have very low turn out.

It might not all be "glitches", as the White House tries to spin it.

More likely the American people are standing up en masse, and refusing to participate in Obamacare.

They probably figure that if the GOP "Surrender Caucas" in the Senate isnt going to stand up and resist Obamacare politically, they will do it themselves by just boycotting the whole communist mess.
FullMetalJacket

United States

#4 Oct 15, 2013
Full time wrote:
Maybe it's time you realized that the current republican policies are not supported by the people. The majority of Americans are not happy with the republican tactics and see them as whiners. It would be nice if they were working for the will of the people instead of just trying to beat the democrats.
Typical sheep talker!
Full time

Banner Elk, NC

#5 Oct 16, 2013
Ted Cruz approval ratings have fallen along with the house republicans, as most Americans see him as helping to orchestrate this current debacle. They have have flipped their reasoning for the shutdown so many times one can't keep up. If they had let the health care roll out play out on its own, they would have had a better chance of making some necessary changes, but all they have done is divert attention away from the mess that has been. What they have created is an environment where the republicans will in danger of losing the majority in the house to the republicans in the next election. And remember, sheep are not the only ones who follow. So do soldiers.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#6 Oct 16, 2013
Full time wrote:
Ted Cruz approval ratings have fallen along with the house republicans, as most Americans see him as helping to orchestrate this current debacle. They have have flipped their reasoning for the shutdown so many times one can't keep up. If they had let the health care roll out play out on its own, they would have had a better chance of making some necessary changes, but all they have done is divert attention away from the mess that has been. What they have created is an environment where the republicans will in danger of losing the majority in the house to the republicans in the next election. And remember, sheep are not the only ones who follow. So do soldiers.
Um, no. Ted Cruz is the overwhelming facvorite among conservatives.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/...

He may be falling among the liberal democrats on a nationwide level, but so also can we say that Obama is falling to around zero percent popularity among conservatives.

That is because the nation is divided. It hasnt been this polarized since 1861.

Wasnt Obama supposed to be a Uniter, instead of a Divider?

And BTW, where is Obama these days? With only a day before the default and economic collapse and the government already shut down and already long term sequestered (which he promised would never happen)...

Shouldnt Obama take a break from 100 million dollar vacations and golfing with Tiger, to go to Washington and exercise some useful leadership out of this mess that he and Harry Reid made?

Obama is going to have to deflate his enormous overblown ego just a bit,and negotiate with Congress, as he is Constitutionally required to do.

But, Obama isnt trying to avoid a default. He wants one. Because all this was ever about, is a tremendous power grab, to take the power of the purse away from Congress and give it to himself. Its an unconstitutional power grab.

And Obama thinks that letting us default will achieve that goal. That is why he ginned up the trouble that we are in now. And his disciples in the mainstream media and on the internet try to make him a "Teflon" president, where nothing is ever his fault, and nothing ever sticks to him.

The left tried the same thing to Clinton. Didnt work.

It never does.

But yeah, all this ginned up shut down and default, the "making it hurt" and all of that, is all just an orchestrated and contrived disaster. Obama is using it as a platform for an illegal power grab. Yes, another one.

Obama is a trouble maker and a dictator wannabe. Dont be fooled by his lies and the media soundbites of lies and propaganda. Wake up America, and see the Hitler rising in our midst.
Hillbillyboy

Carmel, IN

#7 Oct 17, 2013
And as for the turncoat GOP, I noted that more than 6 hours before the Senate GOP surrender caucus of turncoat Republicans had even voted to surrender without a fight to the democrats...

hours before that happened...

John Boehner had already sureendered, blaming his surrender on the Senate Republicans.

Even though they hadnt really voted to surrender yet.

And of course, our ow Congressmen Phil Roe, and our two Senators Alexander and Corker, they joined the rush of shame to betray us conservatives who voted for them, and surrender without a fight, to the forces of socialism.

And they attacked the few Tea Party guys who actually did stand up to fight.

The Washington establishment Republicans (including our own) do not listen to the will of their conservative constituents, who wanted them to fight.

Its like they are in on the socialist conspiracy with the democrats.

Why should anybody take the republicans seriously anymore?
liberal

Johnson City, TN

#8 Oct 17, 2013
Hillbillyboy wrote:
And as for the turncoat GOP, I noted that more than 6 hours before the Senate GOP surrender caucus of turncoat Republicans had even voted to surrender without a fight to the democrats...
hours before that happened...
John Boehner had already sureendered, blaming his surrender on the Senate Republicans.
Even though they hadnt really voted to surrender yet.
And of course, our ow Congressmen Phil Roe, and our two Senators Alexander and Corker, they joined the rush of shame to betray us conservatives who voted for them, and surrender without a fight, to the forces of socialism.
And they attacked the few Tea Party guys who actually did stand up to fight.
The Washington establishment Republicans (including our own) do not listen to the will of their conservative constituents, who wanted them to fight.
Its like they are in on the socialist conspiracy with the democrats.
Why should anybody take the republicans seriously anymore?
Roe voted against re-opening the government and raising the debt ceiling. Please tell me how that helps his constituents?
Hillbillyboy

Carmel, IN

#9 Oct 17, 2013
liberal wrote:
<quoted text>Roe voted against re-opening the government and raising the debt ceiling. Please tell me how that helps his constituents?
Yo mean the very people who sent him there to do that very thing?

Let me tell you something, if the voters of America had any real say in the way this country is run, then the government would still be shut down, and we would be defaulting on our debt until you know where was frozen over.

Or the socialist maniacs give up and repealed Obamacare.

Why?

Because we the people DO NOT WANT OBAMACARE!
Just Saying

Spartanburg, SC

#10 Oct 17, 2013
Another can kicked down the road of collapse.

Look at politicians who tagged on billions for their state projects starting with dirty harry reid? The demonrats always want to see who can out spend each other. The country is bankrupt but who the he11 cares about the country or the people or the future.
JC voter

Johnson City, TN

#11 Oct 17, 2013
The Affordable Care Act passed in the previous Congress? The new Congress tried to repeal it and filed. The Supreme Court upheld it as constitutional. It is the law of the land, just like our "precious" gun laws are in TN. If so many Americans are opposed to it, why did they're-elect Obama? Why did they keep a Senate that has a Democratic majority? I consider the recent failure of the House to do it's job treasonous on the part of those radical Republicans. They are frightening, and destructive to our country, Roe included. They would sacrifice the financial well-being of this country for their own narrow interests. I am thankful for reasonable Republican Senators like Alexander and Corker.
right

Abingdon, VA

#12 Oct 17, 2013
JC voter wrote:
The Affordable Care Act passed in the previous Congress? The new Congress tried to repeal it and filed. The Supreme Court upheld it as constitutional. It is the law of the land, just like our "precious" gun laws are in TN. If so many Americans are opposed to it, why did they're-elect Obama? Why did they keep a Senate that has a Democratic majority? I consider the recent failure of the House to do it's job treasonous on the part of those radical Republicans. They are frightening, and destructive to our country, Roe included. They would sacrifice the financial well-being of this country for their own narrow interests. I am thankful for reasonable Republican Senators like Alexander and Corker.
yes, the rational people finally won over the nutjobs like Cruz and Boehner.
Hillbillyboy

Carmel, IN

#13 Oct 19, 2013
JC voter wrote:
The Affordable Care Act passed in the previous Congress? The new Congress tried to repeal it and filed. The Supreme Court upheld it as constitutional. It is the law of the land, just like our "precious" gun laws are in TN. If so many Americans are opposed to it, why did they're-elect Obama? Why did they keep a Senate that has a Democratic majority? I consider the recent failure of the House to do it's job treasonous on the part of those radical Republicans. They are frightening, and destructive to our country, Roe included. They would sacrifice the financial well-being of this country for their own narrow interests. I am thankful for reasonable Republican Senators like Alexander and Corker.
You liberals are trying to dress up Obamacare with legitamacy. But you must use lies and deceptions to do it,because Obamacare is not a legitimate law, and never will be accepted as such.

You make a big deal out of it being passed by Congress, as if that add legitimacy to it.

But it is a lie.

Scot Brown had run, and won a special election to the Senate on the promise to be the 41st vote against Obamacare (which would have stopped it).

But the democrats used a parliamentary procedure vote, so they could hurry up and cram a vote in before Scot Brown got there to be sworn in. That was the context of the infamous Pelosi quote, "Weve got to pass this thing before we can see whats in it".

Scots Browns constituents were not represented in any of this, as the democrats subverted the principles of democracy, just to deceitfully cram this socialist garbage down our throats.

And that is how the democrats were able to get Obamacare passed, along party lines, with not a single Republican vote.

Nothing could be more illegitimate. Obamacare was passed using a dirty trick, and a subversion of democracy. There is nothing legitimate in the way Obamacare was passed.

As to the Supreme Court, the democrats appointed some maniac, ultra liberal pogues and communist ideologues to the Supreme Court. And the 5 liberal maniacs on the bench just rubber stamped Obamacare. They used tortured logic, rewrote the law themselves, and ignored many other obvious faults in Obamacare just to declare it constitutional.

When everybody knows it isnt.

So, 5 liberal judges rubber stamped Obamacare, when the 4 other judges said that Obamacare is not constitutional.

Hardly a shining example of a legitimate law, is it?

Obamacare is not a legitimate law. It was not done by legitimate means.

And none of the promises made to sell it were true either. Obama promised people that if they liked their plans they currently have, or their doctors, then they could keep them.

Now that has been proven to be a lie as well.

Premiums are going up through the roof, in some cases more than doubling and tripling in cost to the consumer.

Out of pocket deductibles are going up to, so the consumer has to pay more, and get less.

And since the insurance companies wrote Obamacare, they saw to it that people are forced to buy plans with features that they will never need, and ths never make a claim on.

But they will still have to pay for that plan feature.

Like the 80 year old couple that has to pay for a plan that covers them for pre-natal care.

Or the Catholic monk that has to pay for abortion features in a plan.

Obamacare was passed on lies sold to fools. It was passed by deceptive means, and everything done with an air of deceit.

There is nothing about Obamacare that is legitimate. It is like the Nazi occupation of France that started in 1940.

The French people never saw that as legitomate,and the American people will never accept Obamacare as legitimate either.

Just as the forces of Hitler and the Nazis were finally driven from France, so also will the forces of evil and lies be driven off America, and the odious and illegitimate yoke of Obamacare be lifted from the necks of the American people.
Gretchen

Banner Elk, NC

#14 Oct 19, 2013
Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
You liberals are trying to dress up Obamacare with legitamacy. But you must use lies and deceptions to do it,because Obamacare is not a legitimate law, and never will be accepted as such.
You make a big deal out of it being passed by Congress, as if that add legitimacy to it.
But it is a lie.
Scot Brown had run, and won a special election to the Senate on the promise to be the 41st vote against Obamacare (which would have stopped it).
But the democrats used a parliamentary procedure vote, so they could hurry up and cram a vote in before Scot Brown got there to be sworn in. That was the context of the infamous Pelosi quote, "Weve got to pass this thing before we can see whats in it".
Scots Browns constituents were not represented in any of this, as the democrats subverted the principles of democracy, just to deceitfully cram this socialist garbage down our throats.
And that is how the democrats were able to get Obamacare passed, along party lines, with not a single Republican vote.
Nothing could be more illegitimate. Obamacare was passed using a dirty trick, and a subversion of democracy. There is nothing legitimate in the way Obamacare was passed.
As to the Supreme Court, the democrats appointed some maniac, ultra liberal pogues and communist ideologues to the Supreme Court. And the 5 liberal maniacs on the bench just rubber stamped Obamacare. They used tortured logic, rewrote the law themselves, and ignored many other obvious faults in Obamacare just to declare it constitutional.
When everybody knows it isnt.
So, 5 liberal judges rubber stamped Obamacare, when the 4 other judges said that Obamacare is not constitutional.
Hardly a shining example of a legitimate law, is it?
Obamacare is not a legitimate law. It was not done by legitimate means.
And none of the promises made to sell it were true either. Obama promised people that if they liked their plans they currently have, or their doctors, then they could keep them.
Now that has been proven to be a lie as well.
Premiums are going up through the roof, in some cases more than doubling and tripling in cost to the consumer.
Out of pocket deductibles are going up to, so the consumer has to pay more, and get less.
And since the insurance companies wrote Obamacare, they saw to it that people are forced to buy plans with features that they will never need, and ths never make a claim on.
But they will still have to pay for that plan feature.
Like the 80 year old couple that has to pay for a plan that covers them for pre-natal care.
Or the Catholic monk that has to pay for abortion features in a plan.
Obamacare was passed on lies sold to fools. It was passed by deceptive means, and everything done with an air of deceit.
There is nothing about Obamacare that is legitimate. It is like the Nazi occupation of France that started in 1940.
The French people never saw that as legitomate,and the American people will never accept Obamacare as legitimate either.
Just as the forces of Hitler and the Nazis were finally driven from France, so also will the forces of evil and lies be driven off America, and the odious and illegitimate yoke of Obamacare be lifted from the necks of the American people.
Obamacare was passed by the house and senate, signed by the president, and upheld by the Supreme Court. What part of that is not legitimate? You are jousting at windmills.
Getoffyoursister

Abingdon, VA

#15 Oct 19, 2013
Hillbillyboy wrote:
<quoted text>
You liberals are trying to dress up Obamacare with legitamacy. But you must use lies and deceptions to do it,because Obamacare is not a legitimate law, and never will be accepted as such.
You make a big deal out of it being passed by Congress, as if that add legitimacy to it.
But it is a lie.
Scot Brown had run, and won a special election to the Senate on the promise to be the 41st vote against Obamacare (which would have stopped it).
But the democrats used a parliamentary procedure vote, so they could hurry up and cram a vote in before Scot Brown got there to be sworn in. That was the context of the infamous Pelosi quote, "Weve got to pass this thing before we can see whats in it".
Scots Browns constituents were not represented in any of this, as the democrats subverted the principles of democracy, just to deceitfully cram this socialist garbage down our throats.
And that is how the democrats were able to get Obamacare passed, along party lines, with not a single Republican vote.
Nothing could be more illegitimate. Obamacare was passed using a dirty trick, and a subversion of democracy. There is nothing legitimate in the way Obamacare was passed.
As to the Supreme Court, the democrats appointed some maniac, ultra liberal pogues and communist ideologues to the Supreme Court. And the 5 liberal maniacs on the bench just rubber stamped Obamacare. They used tortured logic, rewrote the law themselves, and ignored many other obvious faults in Obamacare just to declare it constitutional.
When everybody knows it isnt.
So, 5 liberal judges rubber stamped Obamacare, when the 4 other judges said that Obamacare is not constitutional.
Hardly a shining example of a legitimate law, is it?
Obamacare is not a legitimate law. It was not done by legitimate means.
And none of the promises made to sell it were true either. Obama promised people that if they liked their plans they currently have, or their doctors, then they could keep them.
Now that has been proven to be a lie as well.
Premiums are going up through the roof, in some cases more than doubling and tripling in cost to the consumer.
Out of pocket deductibles are going up to, so the consumer has to pay more, and get less.
And since the insurance companies wrote Obamacare, they saw to it that people are forced to buy plans with features that they will never need, and ths never make a claim on.
But they will still have to pay for that plan feature.
Like the 80 year old couple that has to pay for a plan that covers them for pre-natal care.
Or the Catholic monk that has to pay for abortion features in a plan.
Obamacare was passed on lies sold to fools. It was passed by deceptive means, and everything done with an air of deceit.
There is nothing about Obamacare that is legitimate. It is like the Nazi occupation of France that started in 1940.
The French people never saw that as legitomate,and the American people will never accept Obamacare as legitimate either.
Just as the forces of Hitler and the Nazis were finally driven from France, so also will the forces of evil and lies be driven off America, and the odious and illegitimate yoke of Obamacare be lifted from the necks of the American people.
Please refer to the thread titled "Hillybillyboy is an idiot" or something like that...it kind of sums it up
Letterman

Clinton, SC

#16 Oct 19, 2013
The Tea party thinks they can just make up anything they want and call it facts, and the few followers will just nod their heads and say whatever they say has to be true, they can't let facts get in their way of their propaganda.
Just Saying

Boiling Springs, SC

#17 Oct 19, 2013
Getoffyoursister wrote:
<quoted text>
Please refer to the thread titled "Hillybillyboy is an idiot" or something like that...it kind of sums it up
you food stamp lovers got Obummer into the White House

Seriously, what I cannot understand is how the American people can be taken in by this imposter failure dickttor. I can see the blacks supporting him. They want something for nothing and believe the government owes them a living. The illegals just want to work and send the money south. It's the average working man backing this clown that amazes me.
osama bin obama

Boiling Springs, SC

#18 Oct 19, 2013
Letterman wrote:
The Tea party thinks they can just make up anything they want and call it facts, and the few followers will just nod their heads and say whatever they say has to be true, they can't let facts get in their way of their propaganda.
bow down on your knees, face the east and pray to your messiah osama bin obama you treason traitor scumbag idiot leech
Getoffyoursister

Abingdon, VA

#19 Oct 19, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
you food stamp lovers got Obummer into the White House
Seriously, what I cannot understand is how the American people can be taken in by this imposter failure dickttor. I can see the blacks supporting him. They want something for nothing and believe the government owes them a living. The illegals just want to work and send the money south. It's the average working man backing this clown that amazes me.
Thank you for your racist white trash rant..you made my point about most of you being inbred garbage better than I ever could...rofl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 100,000 veterans face long waits to see VA doctors (Jun '14) 5 hr railrider 2
Snitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 7 hr Little old lady 17
Rent 21 hr help 2
Good looking 34 YO wanting to screw around wit... 22 hr Understand 4
total family medicine/grace internal medicine (Dec '15) Fri growup 21
I Miss Anna Zook! Fri curious 19
jasons deli (Nov '11) Fri makemeasammich 37

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages