High Incomes in public housing

High Incomes in public housing

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

Appalachian American

Rock Hill, SC

#1 Nov 17, 2013
I am glad to see the city is looking into the fraud being committed by these people. I know a few people who live large and get their housing needs met by the government. It is a pure shame.
Magnum p I

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Nov 19, 2013
Stoneybrook there has been a lady living thee for years W / bf and she corrections officer and he construction boss. Not counting the couple that's a mgr at sears and god is works at hair salon beautician those places need investigated
whut

Abingdon, VA

#3 Nov 19, 2013
It's straight up fraud so not sure why these people aren't being prosecuted for this and made to pay back the money they basically stole since these properties are subsidized.
Needed

Mountain City, TN

#4 Nov 19, 2013
whut wrote:
It's straight up fraud so not sure why these people aren't being prosecuted for this and made to pay back the money they basically stole since these properties are subsidized.
It is fraud and they should be kicked out. Another thing is disability. They should offer rewards for citizens that turn in fraud in disability. They could pay the person that proves someone is not disabled a small percentage of the regular payment. Like the insurance companies do with fraud when they catch someone loading heavy luggage or doing some manual labor. It would be a win win! We would have a vigilante society!!!
whut

Abingdon, VA

#5 Nov 19, 2013
Its a shame there is so much fraud in a lot of areas...housing, disability, workmen's comp, insurance scams. While insurance companies employ people to catch scammers I'm not sure that position exists in gov't agencies so not sure even reporting someone would make much difference. I know a lady I used to work with who got SSDI for her "bad back" and her neighbor told me the week after she quit she and her husband were on their roof reinstalling shingles. The neighbor said she reported it but nothing even came of it so who knows.
Needed

Mountain City, TN

#6 Nov 19, 2013
whut wrote:
Its a shame there is so much fraud in a lot of areas...housing, disability, workmen's comp, insurance scams. While insurance companies employ people to catch scammers I'm not sure that position exists in gov't agencies so not sure even reporting someone would make much difference. I know a lady I used to work with who got SSDI for her "bad back" and her neighbor told me the week after she quit she and her husband were on their roof reinstalling shingles. The neighbor said she reported it but nothing even came of it so who knows.
I wonder how much $$$ our country could save if they had a team of investigators in every community finding instances of fraud? It seems like it would about be a major cost saver for the taxpayer. Lets see the Tea Party get on board with this since they are always so concerned with government spending!
Crooks

Johnson City, TN

#7 Nov 19, 2013
whut wrote:
The new director seems to be making the needed changes. The retired director, and many in in his management, in my opinion, were extremely corrupt. Some of this came out recently before he announced his retirement. They had amassed a many hundreds of thousands of dollars slush fund. Probably just waiting for the day they could go ka ching and split it all up. Probably just the tip of the iceberg.
Appalachian American

Mooresville, NC

#8 Nov 19, 2013
When the government (usually Repubs) try to fix this type of entitlement fraud they get treated as such terrible people. Americand need to take a stand against the people who ate doing this. I remember when it wad embarrassing to be on public assistance. Not anymore.
Ross Watson

Bluff City, TN

#9 Nov 19, 2013
Appalachian American wrote:
I am glad to see the city is looking into the fraud being committed by these people. I know a few people who live large and get their housing needs met by the government. It is a pure shame.
Freeloaders are always watching out for other freeloaders. They think there's a limit on freeloading and that other freeloaders are getting into their free ride.....
Laff

Kingsport, TN

#10 Nov 19, 2013
Crooks wrote:
<quoted text>
The new director seems to be making the needed changes. The retired director, and many in in his management, in my opinion, were extremely corrupt. Some of this came out recently before he announced his retirement. They had amassed a many hundreds of thousands of dollars slush fund. Probably just waiting for the day they could go ka ching and split it all up. Probably just the tip of the iceberg.
I agree, the corruption is rampant. It burns me up to see a new SUV parked in front of the apartments. Many years ago I knew a family housed in one of the larger apartments in Keystone and it just so happened the dad there was retired from the Housing Authority and his wife and 2 of the kids worked full time jobs! This has been going on for years and years and I hope it is coming to a head. Between the fakers and the free loaders the families that need assistance can't get in. At last, channel 11 has come up with a meaningful story. Maybe it is just a political thing to make the new director look good. Time might tell.
Laff

Kingsport, TN

#11 Nov 19, 2013
whut wrote:
I don't think it is just the fraudsters that should be held responsible, but also the crooks who let it happen. Maybe that is why there is no prosecution?
Crook and loving it

United States

#12 Nov 22, 2013
You working slave taxpayers keep paying for half the population. We loving it and still lazy living like kings and queens on your dollars.
duhhh

Abingdon, VA

#13 Nov 22, 2013
Crook and loving it wrote:
You working slave taxpayers keep paying for half the population. We loving it and still lazy living like kings and queens on your dollars.
Wondered how long it would take for a troll to pop up...
kkk

Johnson City, TN

#14 Nov 22, 2013
Your days are numbered the free ride is coming to a stop said the slave master.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Williams property for school 11 min Very Interesting 11
Experiences with Johnson City Juvenile Court Ju... 39 min ugotamber 4
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 5 hr Jennifer 1,485
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 8 hr Control of School... 127
Rick Cheek at Comcast 13 hr American Injun 3
Firehouse Subs should be in Johnson City!!!!! 17 hr SUBmarine 1
LGBT and now Q? 18 hr Really 101

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance