Woodstone Association
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
who hates woodstone

Chatsworth, GA

#1 Aug 11, 2011
Who lives at Woodstone and hates it as much as I do? The association is absolutely ridiculous 250.00 a month for nothing. The gate never works, the pool now closes whenever they feel like closing it, the outside maintenance is never done like it should be or was promised to be. The list goes on and on. Who knows what they do with the association fee money. We all need to come together get an attorney and see what can be done about this ridiculous association. It is out of control and run by people who have no idea what they are doing. It is no wonder that no one at Woodstone can sell their units.
Ugh

Jonesborough, TN

#2 Aug 11, 2011
What makes you think people that live at Woodstone actually read this forum? This is a real dumbass way to get your point across. If you want to effect a change, then get a lawyer yourself. If the lawyer agrees there is something shady going on, then he will contact each homeowner himself. I do have friends that live at Woodstone and I know there are a lot of things included with the monthly fee, especially your water bill. My water bill runs over $100 a month so hell... maybe I should move to Woodstone. About half of the units for sale have not been renovated and still have 1976 interiors. I noticed on Trulia.com that some of the ones that have been renovated have actually sold. I also think people are really selling themselves short in there. Those units are some of the best in Johnson City with beautiful views unlike anywhere else and should be selling for much higher. I would price most of them in the $150,000 to $200,000 range. If you want to sell your unit maybe you should update it? Just a suggestion. I would love to be able to live there.
Resident

Chatsworth, GA

#3 Aug 11, 2011
My unit has been completely renovated. Everyone loves it when they see it. As soon as they hear of the 250 fee they never come back. I have contacted an attorney. Would love to talk to anyone else that has done so as well. If Woodstone actually done everything that is promised the fee wouldn't be that bad but they don't. Hopefully, with the help of a law firm we can make a change.
Curious

United States

#4 Aug 12, 2011
What did your attorney say?
Easy Rider

United States

#5 Aug 12, 2011
What do condo associations charge that offer similar amenities? If it is much less then perhaps someone is putting money in their pockets? Is water included plus pool? Who actually owns the complex? If you get a lawyer involved they should lower the fee immediately or do what they are supposed to do.
Easy Rider

United States

#6 Aug 15, 2011
You guys are just like everyone else on here. All talk and no action. You sit anonymously behind your computer and never take a stand.
Randy

Johnson City, TN

#7 Aug 15, 2011
And Easy Rider is your given name? What a hippocrite.
lulz

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Aug 15, 2011
yep, exactly where I would go for a problem like this. topix. mmmhmm..
Texan moving to TN

Houston, TX

#9 Sep 26, 2012
Considering looking at property here . Your advice residents?
Disgruntled

Johnson City, TN

#10 Oct 3, 2012
Texan moving to TN wrote:
Considering looking at property here . Your advice residents?
RUN THE OTHER WAY!
Disgruntled

Johnson City, TN

#11 Oct 3, 2012
Poor management has long been an issue here. Having a privacy gate causes the homeowners to have to pay for paving and water line maintenance that other property owners receive from the city at no additional charge because it is covered by city taxes. We are double taxed because the folks up here think the gate makes them safe. It is more often broken than not. Yes these condos are a good buy for the money - modern design and large units at a great price with lovely scenery, but lack of maintenance on the exteriors and the grounds are a continuous plague. Lack of supervision on repair work makes us a prime target for inept, incompetent, and unethical subcontractors who do the work.
Disgruntled

Johnson City, TN

#12 Oct 3, 2012
who hates woodstone wrote:
Who lives at Woodstone and hates it as much as I do? The association is absolutely ridiculous 250.00 a month for nothing. The gate never works, the pool now closes whenever they feel like closing it, the outside maintenance is never done like it should be or was promised to be. The list goes on and on. Who knows what they do with the association fee money. We all need to come together get an attorney and see what can be done about this ridiculous association. It is out of control and run by people who have no idea what they are doing. It is no wonder that no one at Woodstone can sell their units.
AMEN!
Disgruntled

Johnson City, TN

#13 Oct 3, 2012
Ugh wrote:
What makes you think people that live at Woodstone actually read this forum? This is a real dumbass way to get your point across. If you want to effect a change, then get a lawyer yourself. If the lawyer agrees there is something shady going on, then he will contact each homeowner himself. I do have friends that live at Woodstone and I know there are a lot of things included with the monthly fee, especially your water bill. My water bill runs over $100 a month so hell... maybe I should move to Woodstone. About half of the units for sale have not been renovated and still have 1976 interiors. I noticed on Trulia.com that some of the ones that have been renovated have actually sold. I also think people are really selling themselves short in there. Those units are some of the best in Johnson City with beautiful views unlike anywhere else and should be selling for much higher. I would price most of them in the $150,000 to $200,000 range. If you want to sell your unit maybe you should update it? Just a suggestion. I would love to be able to live there.
There's a reason they don't sell for more!
Disgruntled

Johnson City, TN

#14 Oct 3, 2012
Easy Rider wrote:
What do condo associations charge that offer similar amenities? If it is much less then perhaps someone is putting money in their pockets? Is water included plus pool? Who actually owns the complex? If you get a lawyer involved they should lower the fee immediately or do what they are supposed to do.
Yep - been there, done that! Try to find an attorney who will take this on! They won't! not sure why - maybe ironclad Association By-Laws?
Disgruntled

Johnson City, TN

#15 Oct 3, 2012
Ugh wrote:
Can't sell because of the maintenance fees and reputation. Some realtors won't even take a listing up here. Us "Dumbasses" resort to forums like this out of frustration and inability to find an attorney who will take this on. Most folks have become apathetic after years of trying. Once you get here, you're stuck, so be sure you would "love to live here" before you buy.
Carla

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Oct 4, 2012
who hates woodstone wrote:
Wonder if Grindstaff is owner or part-owner. I wouldn't doubt this. Back in the 80's he hired me to clean his condo there. A real butthole he was; what I call the "filthy rich". An arrogant B*$turd. Filthy rich are those who get rich in an underhanded filthy manner. Right? What!!!$250 a MONTH? maintainence fee? Talking about thieves! YES, you do need to hire an attorney; preferrably one from out of town.
relieved

Johnson City, TN

#17 Nov 5, 2012
Disgruntled wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't sell because of the maintenance fees and reputation. Some realtors won't even take a listing up here. Us "Dumbasses" resort to forums like this out of frustration and inability to find an attorney who will take this on. Most folks have become apathetic after years of trying. Once you get here, you're stuck, so be sure you would "love to live here" before you buy.
Boy of boy am I grateful that I stumbled onto this forum, because I was actually looking at one of the larger condos there.$250/month would be reasonable IF repairs were made promptly & correctly, the outsides were kept up nicely, and grounds were always neat & trim, along with the pool being open and kept clean & in good condition. Usually water, sewer & garbage & basic cable are also included & now many are including wifi too. Again thanks a million for the kind and very realistic warning!! That area has such potential...what a shame!
Michael

Johnson City, TN

#18 Nov 5, 2012
Country living is much better cheaper and smarter. Anyone who would buy into a condo like Woodstone needs to be ripped of monthly.... I guess this brings light to what I have always heard " There is a fool born every minute"
Cindy

Saudi Arabia

#19 Dec 10, 2012
There have been many condos that have sold in the past year. Selling doesn't seem to be a problem if the unit is updated, clean, and not overpriced.

The grounds are cared for on a regular basis, and I have never had to shovel snow. Is it perfect? No. But neither is having a "house" that needs repairs and lawn care. If you add water, lawn care, trash pick up, and pool you are nearing the $250 mark.

Yes I do get irritated with the gate. For the money put into fixing this one so often, the smaller more effective gates like the condos to our east would be wonderful. I was once on a "gate committee" . The long standing residence kept repeating how much was spent on the gates originally, so we had to keep them. Okay, so a mistake was made many years ago. Suck it up, replace them, and move on.

There are many more thing I would comment on but maybe another time. I just wanted to say there are positives at Woodstone. I am happy to own a home there.

Cindy

Saudi Arabia

#20 Dec 10, 2012
Michael wrote:
Country living is much better cheaper and smarter. Anyone who would buy into a condo like Woodstone needs to be ripped of monthly.... I guess this brings light to what I have always heard " There is a fool born every minute"
You don't live there. Why would you want to make such negative and hateful comments? I live there and definitely do not consider myself a fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scott Holly, Kent Harris, Kenny Woods, Dewayne ... 43 min Working Man 8
Yaser Zaatini Court Date May 4th 2 hr Shan II 1
April Kinley/Crowe 4 hr Wondering 15
Joe Grandy Lied About Animal Shelter 4 hr Bluegold 15
Self centered Sharon Malone does not support te... (Feb '11) 4 hr Bluegold 17
Who cares about Methadone Clinic! 4 hr Bluegold 1
looking for hotel 6 hr Whahtbob 2

Johnson City Jobs

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages