FurtureETSUstude nt

Jasper, TN

#1 Jan 2, 2014
I'm thinking about going to ETSU. I got accepted there. I just wondering how everything is. What's the campus like? Do they throw parties? How are the dorms? How are the people? Are there different type of people? I'm just curious?
WenttoETSU

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jan 2, 2014
FurtureETSUstudent wrote:
I'm thinking about going to ETSU. I got accepted there. I just wondering how everything is. What's the campus like? Do they throw parties? How are the dorms? How are the people? Are there different type of people? I'm just curious?
East Tennessee is a beautiful place on its own, plenty of mountains and Johnson City is one of the bigger cities in its area. Plenty to explore in the city with shops, food and clubs and if you are an outdoorsy type, you will find many hiking, biking, kayaking, boarding, team sports, etc. here. Campus is beautiful and pretty large. Some construction for a new parking garage is happening right now. We just got a new President and he is updating a lot and also adding a football program. Most of the campus buildings are fairly new or updated within the last 5-10 years and that includes the library, exercise center and half of the dorms. There are older dorms to get for cheaper but the more expensive are basically like nice apartments. ETSU is a dry campus but they have TONS of campus get-togethers/ mini parties/ clubs/ events to get involved in. Otherwise, find a frat/sorority friend and you will probably get invited to something nearby. The campus is extremely diverse in all areas, plenty different types of people from all over the world. Great teachers and they are equally as diverse. I graduated from ETSU and I wouldn't have gone anywhere else. Good luck to you!
Bananarama

United States

#3 Jan 2, 2014
New football team will surely carry on that winning tradition. I mean that non-winning tradition......
FurtureETSUstude nt

Jasper, TN

#4 Jan 2, 2014
WenttoETSU wrote:
<quoted text>
East Tennessee is a beautiful place on its own, plenty of mountains and Johnson City is one of the bigger cities in its area. Plenty to explore in the city with shops, food and clubs and if you are an outdoorsy type, you will find many hiking, biking, kayaking, boarding, team sports, etc. here. Campus is beautiful and pretty large. Some construction for a new parking garage is happening right now. We just got a new President and he is updating a lot and also adding a football program. Most of the campus buildings are fairly new or updated within the last 5-10 years and that includes the library, exercise center and half of the dorms. There are older dorms to get for cheaper but the more expensive are basically like nice apartments. ETSU is a dry campus but they have TONS of campus get-togethers/ mini parties/ clubs/ events to get involved in. Otherwise, find a frat/sorority friend and you will probably get invited to something nearby. The campus is extremely diverse in all areas, plenty different types of people from all over the world. Great teachers and they are equally as diverse. I graduated from ETSU and I wouldn't have gone anywhere else. Good luck to you!
Thank you so much. I hope it's as great as you saying.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Halliburton wants Concerned Parents page shut d... 16 min Dumb Hillbillies 4
David Hammond for schoolboard. No 14 hr Proven 14
News Police officer fired after shooting at squirrel... (Nov '13) 16 hr just DO IT 125
5j Barrow Appearing at The Acoustic Coffeehouse 18 hr Cool Hipster 1
Mayor Eldridge's Behavior Sun JES 3
Ignoring red light camera citations. (May '14) Sun Fighter of The Man 63
Washington County Run by Crooks Sat Midway 4

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages