First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Wolf Man

Kingsport, TN

#1 Oct 13, 2013
News Flash- I have noticed how Obama has been blamed with everything that is wrong in this country. It would appear that Obama was responsible for the Civil War, the Great Depression, WWI, and WWII. The Korean .Police Action and Vietnam are still being investigated.
We no longer and evidently have not in some time it would seem taught Civics classes. The President cannot do anything until a bill is drafted by either the Democrats or Republicans and passed by a majority vote. He can then sign it into law or veto it. There has not been a bill approved yet. If the Government shuts down Obama is not to blame our congressmen and senators are the ones at fault.
They are getting rich, a shutdown won't hurt them. When 1% of the population has all the wealth, we cannot survive for long.
Did you know

United States

#2 Oct 13, 2013
Obama is and has been the biggest LIAR to ever occupy the WH!

President Obama is once again misleading people in a sad attempt to create a panic he hopes will be blamed on his opponents.

Moody’s has flatly stated our credit rating is not tied to the debt limit, and not raising it does not risk default.

“The government would continue to pay interest and principal on its debt even in the event that the debt limit is not raised, leaving its creditworthiness intact,” Moody’s Investor Services reports today.

“The debt limit restricts government expenditures to the amount of its incoming revenues; it does not prohibit the government from servicing its debt. There is no direct connection between the debt limit (actually the exhaustion of the Treasury’s extraordinary measures to raise funds) and a default,” writes Moody’s.

This is the third time this year Obama has tried to rule by creating false panic. First, it was sequestration, then it was his current shutdown; and now he’s making false claims about the debt ceiling and default.

These cheap scare tactics may work in Chicago street organizing, but it is no way to lead a nation. They certainly haven’t created prosperity. Americans want Obama end to his partisan theatrics. It’s time for Democrats to reopen the government and begin to talk with Americans about getting our debt and spending under control.
Booker Phillips

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Oct 13, 2013
Wolf Man wrote:
News Flash- I have noticed how Obama has been blamed with everything that is wrong in this country. It would appear that Obama was responsible for the Civil War, the Great Depression, WWI, and WWII. The Korean .Police Action and Vietnam are still being investigated.
We no longer and evidently have not in some time it would seem taught Civics classes. The President cannot do anything until a bill is drafted by either the Democrats or Republicans and passed by a majority vote. He can then sign it into law or veto it. There has not been a bill approved yet. If the Government shuts down Obama is not to blame our congressmen and senators are the ones at fault.
They are getting rich, a shutdown won't hurt them. When 1% of the population has all the wealth, we cannot survive for long.
If Obama doesn't want to be blamed for all the country's problems, he should have never campaigned on the pledge that he would fix them. Obviously you have forgotten the "hope" part of his campaign lies for which many of the gullible and ignorant fell victim to.
Ed Smith

Jonesborough, TN

#4 Oct 13, 2013
The President can ( as many have done ) threaten to veto anything that comes out of Congress....which is exactly what Obama has done if it delays or de-funds Obamacare. In a case where the vote in close (unable to override a veto) in both houses of Congress, the President sure can have the final word.

The bankers are responsible for "the Civil War, the Great Depression, WWI, and WWII. The Korean .Police Action and Vietnam " ( and the current fighting in the middle east )
President of LIES

United States

#5 Oct 14, 2013
Wolf Man wrote:
Did you forget this?

Full Text of Obama’s Speech Against Raising the Debt Ceiling in 2006

March 16, 2006 CONGRESSIONAL RECORD—SENATE S2237-2238:

“Mr. OBAMA. Mr. President, I rise today to talk about America’s debt problem.

The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies. Over the past 5 years, our federal debt has increased by $3.5 trillion to
$8.6 trillion. That is ‘‘trillion’’ with a ‘‘T.’’ That is money that we have borrowed from the Social Security trust fund, borrowed from China and Japan, borrowed from American taxpayers. And over the next 5 years, between now and 2011, the President’s budget will increase the debt by almost another $3.5 trillion.

Numbers that large are sometimes hard to understand. Some people may wonder why they matter. Here is why: This year, the Federal Government will spend $220 billion on interest. That is more money to pay interest on our national debt than we’ll spend on Medicaid and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program. That is more money to pay interest on our debt this year than we will spend on education, homeland security, transportation, and veterans benefits combined. It is more money in one year than we are likely to spend to rebuild the devastated gulf coast in a way that honors the best of America.

And the cost of our debt is one of the fastest growing expenses in the Federal budget. This rising debt is a hidden domestic enemy, robbing our cities and States of critical investments in infrastructure like bridges, ports, and levees; robbing our families and our children of critical investments in education and health care reform; robbing our seniors of the retirement and
health security they have counted on.

Every dollar we pay in interest is a dollar that is not going to investment in America’s priorities. Instead, interest payments are a significant tax on all Americans—a debt tax that Washington doesn’t want to talk about. If Washington were serious about honest tax relief in this country, we would see an effort to reduce our national debt by returning to responsible fiscal policies.

But we are not doing that. Despite repeated efforts by Senators CONRAD and FEINGOLD, the Senate continues to reject a return to the commonsense Pay-go rules that used to apply. Previously, Pay-go rules applied both to increases in mandatory spending and
to tax cuts. The Senate had to abide by the commonsense budgeting principle of balancing expenses and revenues. Unfortunately, the principle was abandoned, and now the demands of budget discipline apply only to spending.
President of LIES

United States

#6 Oct 14, 2013
As a result, tax breaks have not been paid for by reductions in Federal spending, and thus the only way to pay for them has been to increase our deficit to historically high levels and borrow more and more money. Now we have to pay for those tax breaks plus
the cost of borrowing for them. Instead of reducing the deficit, as some people claimed, the fiscal policies of this administration and its allies in Congress will add more than $600 million in debt for each of the next 5 years.

That is why I will once again cosponsor the Pay-go amendment and continue to hope that my colleagues will return to a smart rule that has worked in the past and can work again.

Our debt also matters internationally. My friend, the ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee, likes to remind us that it took 42 Presidents 224 years to run up only $1 trillion of foreign-held debt. This administration did more than that in just 5 years. Now, there is nothing wrong with borrowing from foreign countries. But we must remember that the more we depend on foreign nations to lend us money, the more our economic security is tied to the whims of foreign leaders whose interests might not be aligned with ours.

Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘‘the buck stops here.’’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.

I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit”
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#7 Oct 14, 2013
Did you know wrote:
Obama is and has been the biggest LIAR to ever occupy the WH!
President Obama is once again misleading people in a sad attempt to create a panic he hopes will be blamed on his opponents.
Moody’s has flatly stated our credit rating is not tied to the debt limit, and not raising it does not risk default.
“The government would continue to pay interest and principal on its debt even in the event that the debt limit is not raised, leaving its creditworthiness intact,” Moody’s Investor Services reports today.
“The debt limit restricts government expenditures to the amount of its incoming revenues; it does not prohibit the government from servicing its debt. There is no direct connection between the debt limit (actually the exhaustion of the Treasury’s extraordinary measures to raise funds) and a default,” writes Moody’s.
This is the third time this year Obama has tried to rule by creating false panic. First, it was sequestration, then it was his current shutdown; and now he’s making false claims about the debt ceiling and default.
These cheap scare tactics may work in Chicago street organizing, but it is no way to lead a nation. They certainly haven’t created prosperity. Americans want Obama end to his partisan theatrics. It’s time for Democrats to reopen the government and begin to talk with Americans about getting our debt and spending under control.
Go back and review Bush 43's record...and you will see who is biggest liar!!
Needed

Roan Mountain, TN

#8 Oct 14, 2013
Hatred for the President is ruining the U.S. bush was terrible, but there was none of this sort of stuff going on.
Just Saying

United States

#9 Oct 14, 2013
Needed wrote:
Hatred for the President is ruining the U.S. bush was terrible, but there was none of this sort of stuff going on.
Coming from the most hateful poster on here and spoken like a true lib. Just Sayin
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#10 Nov 6, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
Coming from the most hateful poster on here and spoken like a true lib. Just Sayin
Did your Koch overlords approve your response?
idiot

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Nov 6, 2013
Booker Phillips wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obama doesn't want to be blamed for all the country's problems, he should have never campaigned on the pledge that he would fix them. Obviously you have forgotten the "hope" part of his campaign lies for which many of the gullible and ignorant fell victim to.
So its his fault that he campaigned on a promise to try and fix things? Really, its his fault??? Probably one of the stupider things you've said on here and that's saying a lot!
idiot

Jonesborough, TN

#12 Nov 6, 2013
President of LIES wrote:
As a result, tax breaks have not been paid for by reductions in Federal spending, and thus the only way to pay for them has been to increase our deficit to historically high levels and borrow more and more money. Now we have to pay for those tax breaks plus
the cost of borrowing for them. Instead of reducing the deficit, as some people claimed, the fiscal policies of this administration and its allies in Congress will add more than $600 million in debt for each of the next 5 years.
That is why I will once again cosponsor the Pay-go amendment and continue to hope that my colleagues will return to a smart rule that has worked in the past and can work again.
Our debt also matters internationally. My friend, the ranking member of the Senate Budget Committee, likes to remind us that it took 42 Presidents 224 years to run up only $1 trillion of foreign-held debt. This administration did more than that in just 5 years. Now, there is nothing wrong with borrowing from foreign countries. But we must remember that the more we depend on foreign nations to lend us money, the more our economic security is tied to the whims of foreign leaders whose interests might not be aligned with ours.
Increasing America’s debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that ‘‘the buck stops here.’’ Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better.
I therefore intend to oppose the effort to increase America’s debt limit”
Hey, Hillsilly is back and watching Faux Noise again...
Booker Phillips

Johnson City, TN

#13 Nov 6, 2013
idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
So its his fault that he campaigned on a promise to try and fix things? Really, its his fault??? Probably one of the stupider things you've said on here and that's saying a lot!
No, its his fault that he can't fulfill his campaign promises. I'll try and slow it down for you in the future.
Needed

Banner Elk, NC

#15 Nov 7, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
. I am not a hateful poster like the right wingers that continually call their President "Obummer", his Party the "Demoncraps", etc. the mentality of the right just astounds me in their selfishness, callousness, and lack of empathy toward their fellow man. Remember the Twightlight Zone movie when the anti-Semite was time warped to Nazi Germany as a Jew? Sometimes I wish some of you that are so right wing could be placed in the position of someone having difficult times. Perhaps that would create some empathy for others in your souls. Many of you even profess to be Christian, yet Christian values do not really sinc up with the message from the right of "I got mine, you get yours".
Democrat lies

United States

#16 Nov 7, 2013
Needed wrote:
<quoted text>. I am not a hateful poster like the right wingers that continually call their President "Obummer", his Party the "Demoncraps", etc. the mentality of the right just astounds me in their selfishness, callousness, and lack of empathy toward their fellow man. Remember the Twightlight Zone movie when the anti-Semite was time warped to Nazi Germany as a Jew? Sometimes I wish some of you that are so right wing could be placed in the position of someone having difficult times. Perhaps that would create some empathy for others in your souls. Many of you even profess to be Christian, yet Christian values do not really sinc up with the message from the right of "I got mine, you get yours".
Why be a liar and hypocrite as democrat sheep do??????? People see you for what you really are!

I think we would all agree that our country is divided on our ideas on how we should live. What if we divided our country geographically in half; those two countries would become LibUSA and ConservUSA. Hmmm, what would they look like?
LibUSA-Baby killers, homosexuals, those who won't work but still want a check, labor unions, politicians who believe that government should control people, those who want to borrow money from other countries and drown in debt.
ConservUSA= Christians, those who believe you should work for your money if you can, those who believe you shouldn't spend more than you have, that's about it.
Where are you going to live? Which place do you think will be broke in about 3 weeks?
Needed

Banner Elk, NC

#17 Nov 8, 2013
Democrat lies wrote:
<quoted text>
Why be a liar and hypocrite as democrat sheep do??????? People see you for what you really are!
I think we would all agree that our country is divided on our ideas on how we should live. What if we divided our country geographically in half; those two countries would become LibUSA and ConservUSA. Hmmm, what would they look like?
LibUSA-Baby killers, homosexuals, those who won't work but still want a check, labor unions, politicians who believe that government should control people, those who want to borrow money from other countries and drown in debt.
ConservUSA= Christians, those who believe you should work for your money if you can, those who believe you shouldn't spend more than you have, that's about it.
Where are you going to live? Which place do you think will be broke in about 3 weeks?
Would Reagan and Cheney be on the conservative side even though Reagan said "Don't worry about the deficit, it's big enough to take care of itself" and Cheney said "Deficits don't matter"?
right

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Nov 8, 2013
Needed wrote:
<quoted text> Would Reagan and Cheney be on the conservative side even though Reagan said "Don't worry about the deficit, it's big enough to take care of itself" and Cheney said "Deficits don't matter"?
Not to mention the fact Reagan was proud of being called a liberal and espoused liberal views. With that said, I'm still not sure why he's held up as such a God by republicans.
tweet tweet

United States

#20 Nov 8, 2013
Listen to this: The White House web page still says if you like your health care plan you can keep it...

Old lies die hard. Libtards never learn nor listen.
Did U laugh needed

United States

#21 Nov 8, 2013
Needed wrote:
<quoted text>. I am not a hateful poster like the right wingers that continually call their President "Obummer", his Party the "Demoncraps", etc. the mentality of the right just astounds me in their selfishness, callousness, and lack of empathy toward their fellow man. Remember the Twightlight Zone movie when the anti-Semite was time warped to Nazi Germany as a Jew? Sometimes I wish some of you that are so right wing could be placed in the position of someone having difficult times. Perhaps that would create some empathy for others in your souls. Many of you even profess to be Christian, yet Christian values do not really sinc up with the message from the right of "I got mine, you get yours".
Chris Matthews May Have Made One of the Most Appalling Chris Christie Fat Jokes to Date
MSNBC host Chris Matthews cracked a fat joke about New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie Wednesday that left audience members stunned while seemingly delighted. And from the sound if it, it was supposed to be about the governor’s sex life.

Matthews made the joke at an event in Philadelphia while talking with Philadelphia magazine editor Tom McGrath about Christie’s presumed 2016 ambitions.

“Two days after Election Day, Chris Christie has crushed his opponent. Is he gonna be the Republican …” McGrath started, referring to the governor’s successful re-election.

“The one I feel for is his wife,” Matthews said.

There was a brief pause.

“Why’s that?” McGrath asked.

“Did you just say,‘crush?’” Matthews said.“I mean, use your imagination.”

The crowed seemed to take it as a sex joke and erupted in “oooohs,” laughter and applause.

“You poor dear,” Matthews can be heard saying: but yet matthews is the first person to call somebody out when an Obama joke is made..

It wasn’t the only apparent reference to Christie’s weight this week: the executive editor of Time magazine on Thursday defended — to Matthews — the decision to brand the governor “the elephant in the room” on Time’s latest cover.

That’s yer boy LIBBY needed! Hypocrisy much!

Imagine a Conservative pointing out how ugly Hilary is and saying he feels sorry for Billie Bob! Oh, never mind …
But check this out!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7950634/I...
Needed

Banner Elk, NC

#22 Nov 8, 2013
Did U laugh needed wrote:
<quoted text>
Chris Matthews May Have Made One of the Most Appalling Chris Christie Fat Jokes to Date
MSNBC host Chris Matthews cracked a fat joke about New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie Wednesday that left audience members stunned while seemingly delighted. And from the sound if it, it was supposed to be about the governor’s sex life.
Matthews made the joke at an event in Philadelphia while talking with Philadelphia magazine editor Tom McGrath about Christie’s presumed 2016 ambitions.
“Two days after Election Day, Chris Christie has crushed his opponent. Is he gonna be the Republican …” McGrath started, referring to the governor’s successful re-election.
“The one I feel for is his wife,” Matthews said.
There was a brief pause.
“Why’s that?” McGrath asked.
“Did you just say,‘crush?’” Matthews said.“I mean, use your imagination.”
The crowed seemed to take it as a sex joke and erupted in “oooohs,” laughter and applause.
“You poor dear,” Matthews can be heard saying: but yet matthews is the first person to call somebody out when an Obama joke is made..
It wasn’t the only apparent reference to Christie’s weight this week: the executive editor of Time magazine on Thursday defended — to Matthews — the decision to brand the governor “the elephant in the room” on Time’s latest cover.
That’s yer boy LIBBY needed! Hypocrisy much!
Imagine a Conservative pointing out how ugly Hilary is and saying he feels sorry for Billie Bob! Oh, never mind …
But check this out!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/7950634/I...
That is kind of funny. I have heard conservative talk show hosts make derogatory comments about Hillary, Reid, Pelosi, Biden, and especially the President. I have seen the President depicted as an African chief, and a monkey by the Tea Party. Haven't you? Heck, Rep. Joe Wilson called the President a liar during a State of the Union address!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 3 hr DonotbesoNaive 248
Ebola control 8 hr Zzz 12
Where do people go for assistance with food or ... 8 hr OldTennGranny 4
Get Amy Lynn fired from Daytime Tri-Cities!!! (Jan '11) 13 hr Offbutton 134
Erwin is called Urine 14 hr CityHick 6
Obama Doesnt Know His ISIS From a Hole in the G... 22 hr Independent 80
Intimate treasures Mon Ashley 7
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match

Johnson City Jobs