Good Samaritan ministries

Good Samaritan ministries

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Smartgirl22

Mount Juliet, TN

#1 Jun 22, 2012
Anyone know about this place in Johnson City
Smartgirl22

Mount Juliet, TN

#2 Jun 23, 2012
Does anyone know any dirt on Good Samaritan Minisrries
Well

United States

#3 Jun 30, 2012
I have talked to a lot of people that they have helped in crisis, & they are one of the best area resources to go to for emergency aid.

As far as dirt goes, the closest thing I can think if is that I hear they keep helping people who are freeloaders, not just people on hard times, but that's not really dirt I guess, & it's fine if that's how they chose to run their organization.
Please Help

Jonesborough, TN

#4 Jun 30, 2012
Well wrote:
I have talked to a lot of people that they have helped in crisis, & they are one of the best area resources to go to for emergency aid.
As far as dirt goes, the closest thing I can think if is that I hear they keep helping people who are freeloaders, not just people on hard times, but that's not really dirt I guess, & it's fine if that's how they chose to run their organization.
Republicans are making every attempt to shut this organization down and the DEMS are prepared to allow it. The Right is using it as a tool for exactly as you implied. "Freeloaders are running the economy....etc" and the DEMS are prepared to stop all of GW BUSHS "faith based initiative grants" for other reasons, but it's mainly to disarm the right from using it as a tool. So what we have now is a republican right wing that claims get government out of your lives, but shut down organizations that try to lend aid independently....when all the politics are done? I hope nobody's has starved to death..but what I would like to see in this lifetime, is for a worm like PHIL ROE and about a half a dozen of his good church people to go without food for about three weeks and then let me interview them. It not likey in this life, but perhaps in the next. Satan comes thru the republican party and the Pentecostal church. It's not the government that we need to protect ourselves from, it's the church people. AMEN
WTFE

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jun 30, 2012
We need help for the working man and the Middle Class.. I think we need to clean house on both side of the party's. It's time that America starts buying from American's..We need to put America back to work..
Just me

Chatsworth, GA

#6 Jul 4, 2012
Good Samaritan Ministries is run by neither political party. If you want to discuss politics, why not start a page of your own to discuss those policies you like or dislike. Trying to taint the reputation of an organization that has kept people alive is disgusting. They feed and cloth both children and adults in need. There may be some freeloaders, but I seriously doubt that there is a child that you could classify as such. If you know who those people are, freeloader or not, why don't you spend some of your time trying to help instead of criticizing.

Since: Jun 12

Mount Juliet, TN

#7 Jul 9, 2012
I heard Satan Wells runs the place. She picks and chooses who she wants to help. Mostly family from what I hear. You can't even get through to get an appt. the guy at the front desk is some kind of kiddy porn convict. I heard they love to help child molesters and such. They r sending most of their donations overseas. They get paid for that. I used to volunteer there and it is one shady place. I left and went to volunteer at salvation army. At least they don't steal there.
als

United States

#8 Jul 11, 2012
I know for a fact that Sarah has always helped her own family before she helped anyone else.
who said

Kingsport, TN

#9 Jul 11, 2012
als wrote:
I know for a fact that Sarah has always helped her own family before she helped anyone else.
How do we know for a fact?Just because you say so ?And who are you to say?
Well

United States

#10 Jul 11, 2012
Just me wrote:
Good Samaritan Ministries is run by neither political party. If you want to discuss politics, why not start a page of your own to discuss those policies you like or dislike. Trying to taint the reputation of an organization that has kept people alive is disgusting. They feed and cloth both children and adults in need. There may be some freeloaders, but I seriously doubt that there is a child that you could classify as such. If you know who those people are, freeloader or not, why don't you spend some of your time trying to help instead of criticizing.
I do, that's how I know, lol.
Well

United States

#11 Jul 11, 2012
Just me wrote:
Good Samaritan Ministries is run by neither political party. If you want to discuss politics, why not start a page of your own to discuss those policies you like or dislike. Trying to taint the reputation of an organization that has kept people alive is disgusting. They feed and cloth both children and adults in need. There may be some freeloaders, but I seriously doubt that there is a child that you could classify as such. If you know who those people are, freeloader or not, why don't you spend some of your time trying to help instead of criticizing.
The part of your comment about it being disgusting to talk about their bad, just because they do some good too doesn't make any sense to me, but I guess that logic works for some. After all, the Catholic Church used the exact same argument while it shuffled its godly child molesters around for years.
als

United States

#12 Jul 13, 2012
Yeah, I do know for a fact. I know Sarah's sister, Naomi...and two of her nieces, Angela and Lisa for over 20 years.
Know

Aldie, VA

#13 Jul 17, 2012
Then if you know Naomi for a FACT then you would know that Sarah does NOT help her family. The guy that works at the front desk is a tool and VERY unprofessional. I've witnessed firsthand. It is very well known in the Social Services field that Sarah is NOT a nice person. She's a hypocrite.
BellyButton

Chatsworth, GA

#14 Jul 18, 2012
Know wrote:
Then if you know Naomi for a FACT then you would know that Sarah does NOT help her family. The guy that works at the front desk is a tool and VERY unprofessional. I've witnessed firsthand. It is very well known in the Social Services field that Sarah is NOT a nice person. She's a hypocrite.
Re/the guy at the front desk, get his name and do some Googling.

Re/Sarah, I can't stand her or Vernon. He came to my office once and was very rude and demanding. The people he wanted to see weren't there so he took it out on me. Apparently he'd never heard of calling to make an appointment. Re/Sarah, it makes me sick the way churches and groups are always asking her to tell her story. If you've ever heard it, it varies according to who she is speaking to. She is an 8th grade dropout but the Methodist Church made her a minister, can you believe that?
backwoods critter

Pulaski, TN

#15 Jul 19, 2012
Smartgirl22 wrote:
Anyone know about this place in Johnson City
Depends on who you ask and what you are wanting to know. Good Samaritan Ministries provides numerous services to people WHO QUALIFY for the services that they apply. As for the individuals who work/volunteer in the organization, you will always have different personalities that work in any working industry. One must have to deal with that! As for all of the other mentioned blogs, you will have to figure the truth for yourself!
Fed Up

Jonesborough, TN

#16 Jul 19, 2012
smartgirl22 wrote:
I heard Satan Wells runs the place. She picks and chooses who she wants to help. Mostly family from what I hear. You can't even get through to get an appt. the guy at the front desk is some kind of kiddy porn convict. I heard they love to help child molesters and such. They r sending most of their donations overseas. They get paid for that. I used to volunteer there and it is one shady place. I left and went to volunteer at salvation army. At least they don't steal there.
What? Satan runs the place ? I will send THE FIST OF GOODNESS DOWN THERE.
Becca Elizabethton

Cleveland, TN

#17 Jul 31, 2012
Good Samaritan is a wonderful organization whom I support whole heartedly. Have even had to ask for assistance myself a few times. The people who work/volenteer there are usually quite nice and willing to help in any way possible. However,there is a lady who works/volenteers there that lately I've not been really happy with her. Her name is Renee',she's the one who calls you to set up your appointment. I called almost 2 weeks ago and the lady who answered the phone was vey nice and told me the person who schedules the appointments would call me the next day to set me up with one. As I said that was almost 2 weeks ago and when she did finally call, I found her to be very rude and somewhat hateful. Not very professional at all! She talked so fast as to what I need to bring in and when I had to ask her to please slow down,that's when she made me feel really inadaquate, like I was stupid or something because she slowed down alright,veerrryyy slow. Was in the process of asking her who I was to see when I came for my appointment and she hung up the phone. I would rather not have ny help from Good Samaritan if I have to deal with people such as this Renee'.

Since: Jun 12

Mount Juliet, TN

#18 Aug 5, 2012
I agree. That place is bogus. I saw where they gave out a bunch of Easter Baskets and there are people who need rent help but are told they don't have funds to help . Where did the Easter basket money come from. Those programs are done just to keep her daughter a job. I heard she never comes to work but gets paid. I heard she was always on Facebook, coaching a ball team or stealing someone's husband. She broke up a 20 year marriage . Like mother like daughter. I heard Sarah broke up her husbands marriage. Now she is a preacher. I sure wouldn't follow that prophet to hell. I wouldn't step foot in her church. Biggest fake I have ever seen. She is always causing trouble and lying about people. they need to tar and feather her and run her out of town. Don't know why the Methodist people put up with her.

Since: Jun 12

Mount Juliet, TN

#19 Aug 5, 2012
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
What? Satan runs the place ? I will send THE FIST OF GOODNESS DOWN THERE.
Someone needs to do something about that woman. She is evil to the core

Since: Jun 12

Mount Juliet, TN

#20 Aug 5, 2012
Know wrote:
Then if you know Naomi for a FACT then you would know that Sarah does NOT help her family. The guy that works at the front desk is a tool and VERY unprofessional. I've witnessed firsthand. It is very well known in the Social Services field that Sarah is NOT a nice person. She's a hypocrite.
Those 3 ladies r better than Sarah. With Angela Lisa and Naomi. There is no fake ness. What you see is what you get

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drs willing to treat pain management aggressive... (Jul '12) 4 min areyoukiddingme 69
New Life Praise And Worship 17 min Sam 1
Shannon k. Smith 4 hr thomas 3
University High, Johnson City School (Dec '08) 10 hr Johnny Fever 89
Full Blooded Basset Hound Pups (Sep '10) 12 hr Sheri 7
White Lives Matter 17 hr laffingravy 16
David Hammond for schoolboard. No 22 hr Leave Him Alone 16

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages