Jon Stewart accuses Kathleen Sebelius...

Jon Stewart accuses Kathleen Sebelius of lying to him about Obamacare

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

TruthTeller

United States

#1 Oct 9, 2013
Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius likely thought her interview with Jon Stewart on “The Daily Show” Monday night would be an easy setting to pitch the Obamacare exchanges to young people. Instead, she ended up getting accused of being a liar by the popular comedy host.

During his interview with Sebelius, Stewart repeatedly sought an answer from the secretary on why big businesses got a delay in their Obamacare mandate to provide affordable health insurance to their employees, while individuals did not get a delay in their Obamacare mandate making them purchase health care or face a penalty.

In a rare monologue at the end of the show, Stewart said he remained confused and that he suspected that the secretary may have been lying to him.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2013/10/08/jon-stewart...

During the interview, Stewart said criticism over the seeming double standard was “very legitimate.”

“But if I’m if an individual I’m wondering — well, an individual who doesn’t want this because there are individuals clearly that want this — but if I’m an individual that doesn’t want it, it would be hard for me to look at big business getting a waiver and not having to do it and me having to because I would think,‘geez, it looks like because I don’t have a lobbying group,’” he told Sebelius.“I would feel like you are favoring big business because they lobbied you to delay it because they didn’t want to do this year but you are not allowing individuals that same courtesy.”

I can't believe the lies and propaganda spewing forth from her mouth.... She seriously thinks that during open enrollment periods, we were never provided with lists of doctors/hospitals available from different plans to help us pick?

She claims that 85% of the country is left alone, since they already have employer insurance, but fails to mention that virtually all of the previous employer plans are being swapped out for more expensive plans due to the one-size-fits-all Obamacare requirements.

She is also blatantly lying about the employers who are cutting hours to avoid the employer mandates.
American Worker

Clinton, TN

#2 Oct 9, 2013
She definitely didn't have an answer but Stewart was making a false equivalency. It takes large employers more money,time and paperwork to set up insurance plans for their employees than it does for an individual buying coverage for themselves and their family online. Many employers(mine included)dragged their feet and counted on a Romney victory instead of preparing for the ACA and were caught off guard. That's why they were given the extension and that's the answer Sebelius should have given.
hobama

Johnson City, TN

#3 Oct 28, 2013
Hey its a Democratic thing a lie peace out

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prostitutes in Johnson City (Jul '12) 6 hr Jos 59
WCDE Director challange 9 hr TimeWarp 2
Drs willing to treat pain management aggressive... (Jul '12) 13 hr T yates 52
Run Run Run Chuck Norris 15 hr JC Biking 3
summers taylor buying JCP building 17 hr tonysh 1
Anyone else into public jerking? 19 hr HAHA 6
Why is the Burger King on South Roan still in b... Thu TheKidfromBorneo 6
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Sep 27 Jackie 4 1,574

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web