First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Blue

Jonesborough, TN

#1 Oct 20, 2007
Anyone know why so many officers are leaving there jobs here and going elsewhere?
OLD451

Elizabethton, TN

#2 Oct 24, 2007
Just a money thing. A lot of 5 - 6 year officers make the same money as an brand new officer. The pay is just all messed up...
Blue

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Oct 24, 2007
OLD451 wrote:
Just a money thing. A lot of 5 - 6 year officers make the same money as an brand new officer. The pay is just all messed up...
Are they going to fix this porblem and change pay or just loose great officers ?
Tide

Knoxville, TN

#4 Oct 24, 2007
Blue wrote:
<quoted text>Are they going to fix this porblem and change pay or just loose great officers ?
Contact ALL the JC City Commisioners and the City Manager to ask the same question. They can help fix this to have better retension of our outstanding police force. This is the only way to get some action on this problem.
Blue

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Oct 24, 2007
I am new to the area will acall do our is there some kinda meeting that the locals can ask questions and voice opinions?
Tide

Knoxville, TN

#6 Oct 24, 2007
The city comission meeting is twice a month on the 1st and 3rd thursday of each month. I think you must contact the city manager to have any matter put on the agenda, but I believe you can do this by email???
Jane m

Denver, NC

#7 Sep 15, 2012
I think they're overpaid now..... most are worthless
Police here suck

Johnson City, TN

#8 Sep 16, 2012
The johnson city police suck! They are do lazy. Won't even write an accident report if someone hits you in a parking lot. The response I got was if we did that we would be doing it all day. They just don't wanna deal with the paper work. This is ridiculous because it's your job to protect the innocent but instead the innocent get screwed. They couldn't determine the people in fault from an accident from the a$$ end of a horse! I like living in Jc but something needs to change about the police dept!
john

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Sep 16, 2012
Police here suck wrote:
The johnson city police suck! They are do lazy. Won't even write an accident report if someone hits you in a parking lot. The response I got was if we did that we would be doing it all day. They just don't wanna deal with the paper work. This is ridiculous because it's your job to protect the innocent but instead the innocent get screwed. They couldn't determine the people in fault from an accident from the a$$ end of a horse! I like living in Jc but something needs to change about the police dept!
I dang well agree; I and my insurance co.'taken','scammed','ripped off','screwed'. I ask legitimate question to legitimate concern and get "Well, not necessarily". In other words, "the law is the law" but depending on who works the accident! A show of thigh accompanied by a salacious giggle can sway the truth very often. I have nothing but derision for the bottom layer of a crop. My motto, "Show me some respect, I'll show you same in return".
Law abiding citizen

Johnson City, TN

#10 Sep 16, 2012
The police are more corrupt in this town than the crooks..... They have been caught lying to the public.... stealing from the public and just downright dirty tactics toward the public..... and a few months ago the old chief got caught with child porn on his computer..... but nothing was ever said or done......
Citzen3

Mooresville, NC

#11 Sep 16, 2012
Police here suck wrote:
The johnson city police suck! They are do lazy. Won't even write an accident report if someone hits you in a parking lot. The response I got was if we did that we would be doing it all day. They just don't wanna deal with the paper work. This is ridiculous because it's your job to protect the innocent but instead the innocent get screwed. They couldn't determine the people in fault from an accident from the a$$ end of a horse! I like living in Jc but something needs to change about the police dept!
If that's what you your told about not working a wreck on private property then that was a piss pour attitude from the officer and I understand how you must have felt. The truth is that they are not allowed to work accidents on private property such as parking lots. It's is a city policy. Most departments state wide do not work these kind of accidents either. It should have been explained to you.
the law sucks in jc

Rock Hill, SC

#12 Sep 16, 2012
Citzen3 wrote:
<quoted text>If that's what you your told about not working a wreck on private property then that was a piss pour attitude from the officer and I understand how you must have felt. The truth is that they are not allowed to work accidents on private property such as parking lots. It's is a city policy. Most departments state wide do not work these kind of accidents either. It should have been explained to you.
Most of them do have piss pour attitudes! I think the law sucks because the da hit me but my insurance had to cover it just because the police won't write private property reports. The laws stents made to protect the innocent
the law sucks in jc

Rock Hill, SC

#13 Sep 16, 2012
the law sucks in jc wrote:
<quoted text>Most of them do have piss pour attitudes! I think the law sucks because the da hit me but my insurance had to cover it just because the police won't write private property reports. The laws stents made to protect the innocent
arent*
john

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Sep 16, 2012
Law abiding citizen wrote:
The police are more corrupt in this town than the crooks..... They have been caught lying to the public.... stealing from the public and just downright dirty tactics toward the public..... and a few months ago the old chief got caught with child porn on his computer..... but nothing was ever said or done......
"got caught with child porn on his computer" WHAT????!!!!! In Johnson City?
Law abiding citizen

Prosperity, SC

#15 Sep 16, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>"got caught with child porn on his computer" WHAT????!!!!! In Johnson City?
That's what the Johnson City press reported a few months ago....... I read it with my own eyes.....
simply amazed

Johnson City, TN

#16 Sep 16, 2012
The officials aren't going to go after one of their own of course - lol - they can get by with murder. I know for a fact. For example, there was a man in Greene County that lived next door that had been working on his car - it would barely run - it was a piece of junk. However, after the police shot the man they said that he was traveling at high speeds. This car would not go over 40 if he tried. They claimed the man had a gun, but what he had was a wrench to open the door because he had no door handle. Of course the officers were not charged. The city paid the wife thousands and kept that story very quiet. Happens a lot actually.
Charlotte Benson

Elizabethton, TN

#17 Sep 17, 2012
simply amazed wrote:
The officials aren't going to go after one of their own of course - lol - they can get by with murder. I know for a fact. For example, there was a man in Greene County that lived next door that had been working on his car - it would barely run - it was a piece of junk. However, after the police shot the man they said that he was traveling at high speeds. This car would not go over 40 if he tried. They claimed the man had a gun, but what he had was a wrench to open the door because he had no door handle. Of course the officers were not charged. The city paid the wife thousands and kept that story very quiet. Happens a lot actually.
Dear God in Heaven, will it ever end? Did the man die?
JC Citizen

Johnson City, TN

#18 Sep 20, 2012
Police here suck wrote:
The johnson city police suck! They are do lazy. Won't even write an accident report if someone hits you in a parking lot. The response I got was if we did that we would be doing it all day. They just don't wanna deal with the paper work. This is ridiculous because it's your job to protect the innocent but instead the innocent get screwed. They couldn't determine the people in fault from an accident from the a$$ end of a horse! I like living in Jc but something needs to change about the police dept!
They are called "Johnson City's Finest" for a very good reason! They are the most advanced, professional, effective, group of men and women by far in the East Tennessee/Western North Carolina Region by far. We should be very proud of these men and women that represent Johnson City who protect and serve all of us, putting their lives on the line to do so! PERIOD.
Hahaha

Kings Mountain, NC

#19 Sep 20, 2012
They are paid to do a job that they applied for... they are not putting their lives on the line everyday dumbass..... they protect and serve themselves first.... that's a proven fact..... they do not treat people equal and fair...... I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about how they're so great.... if they don't like their job let them quit and get another one.... most are a waste of our taxpayers dollars.....
Citzen3

Newburg, MD

#20 Sep 20, 2012
Hahaha wrote:
They are paid to do a job that they applied for... they are not putting their lives on the line everyday dumbass..... they protect and serve themselves first.... that's a proven fact..... they do not treat people equal and fair...... I'm getting sick and tired of hearing about how they're so great.... if they don't like their job let them quit and get another one.... most are a waste of our taxpayers dollars.....
Anyone who thinks an officer doesn't put their life on the line everyday is the real dumbass! And they do it for everyone, even people like you who have nothing good to say about what they do. If you think you can do better why don't you put on a uniform and go give it a try.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alex Bear 3 hr Think bigger 2
Kristien Harris Crawford "Home Wrecker" 3 hr Think bigger 8
Mudding 3 hr ControlledChoas 1
Tax payers paying to have posts WCDE about Ron... 4 hr Dirty Laundry 5
Midnight Rambler web site (Jun '14) 5 hr Curious 16
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare 7 hr Hill Billy Boy 69
Lying Liars: "George West" WFHG Stupor Talk 92.... 7 hr Hill Billy Boy 59
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 17 hr brmitchell251 552

Hard Freeze Warning for Washington County was issued at March 28 at 10:29AM CDT

Johnson City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]