Handgun Carry Permit classes In Johns...
What Good is It

Elizabethton, TN

#104 Feb 23, 2013
So what good is the indoor facility at ETSU.

What advantages does it have over shooters edge, a place where you can take the class and then come back to practice time and time again for a modest fee ?

Seriously, I just dont see the logic in advertising a class on handgun permitting then after getting the folks money you must tell them to go somewhere else to practice.

Its not like you can go find a dirt bank to shoot at anymore in the area. Shooters edge or one of the local gun clubs are about the city dwellers only options.

Id rather support someone providing me with a place to actually go practice then hand my money over to the school and then have to go join a facility somewhere else for practice.

just my 2 cents
Aaron

Portage, MI

#105 Feb 23, 2013
And thats your option.
clint eastwood

Kingsport, TN

#106 Feb 25, 2013
Quit your whining, I have taken Aaron's class and it is one the best around. All you people do is complain, bet you wouldn't know which end of the gun the bullet come out!!!
Scott

Sevierville, TN

#107 Mar 14, 2013
Me and my fiance are interted in this class and aquiring our chl. Two questions tho. One is do we have to start the paperwork to aquire a chl prior to the class and second, she has a texas dl still so would that make her unable to pursue the class?

Since: Aug 08

Kingsport, TN

#108 Mar 14, 2013
What Good is It wrote:
So what good is the indoor facility at ETSU.
What advantages does it have over shooters edge, a place where you can take the class and then come back to practice time and time again for a modest fee ?
Seriously, I just dont see the logic in advertising a class on handgun permitting then after getting the folks money you must tell them to go somewhere else to practice.
Its not like you can go find a dirt bank to shoot at anymore in the area. Shooters edge or one of the local gun clubs are about the city dwellers only options.
Id rather support someone providing me with a place to actually go practice then hand my money over to the school and then have to go join a facility somewhere else for practice.
just my 2 cents
So you can go practice for free if you take class there?
Aaron

Columbia, TN

#109 Mar 14, 2013
Scott wrote:
Me and my fiance are interted in this class and aquiring our chl. Two questions tho. One is do we have to start the paperwork to aquire a chl prior to the class and second, she has a texas dl still so would that make her unable to pursue the class?
On the paperwork, no. The paperwork for the class is done the day of the class. The paperwork for the actual permit is done when you apply at the drivers license station after you take the class. On the TX DL. That depends. Is she a TN resident? If she is establishing residency in TN it is no problem. If not she will only be able to get a TN non residency permit if she works in TN more than 30 hrs a week. If she is to stay a tx resident she should just get a tx permit. It would allow her to carry here anyway.
Natoshia

Greenwood, SC

#110 May 21, 2013
When is the next class? And do you have to preregister or anything?
Aaron

Johnson City, TN

#111 May 22, 2013
The schedule for our upcoming classes are posted at www.skillgarden.net . You can sign up for classes there.
austin

Bristol, TN

#112 Oct 20, 2014
Where u located and when's the next carrying permit class

Since: Aug 11

Charlotte, NC

#113 Oct 22, 2014
austin wrote:
Where u located and when's the next carrying permit class
On the campus of ETSU. Our next class is November 8th.
XDM9mm

United States

#114 Sep 6, 2015
Fred wrote:
took the class several years ago. Great class! which there were more firing ranges around though.
Shooters edge in piney flats has a great 25 yard indoor range. They're great guys too!

Since: Aug 08

Kingsport, TN

#115 Sep 6, 2015
The Gun Rack and I think Gun Slingers have ranges
justme

Elizabethton, TN

#117 Aug 14, 2016
just took this course it improve my shooting big time and give me goals for the future
Aaron

Antioch, TN

#118 Aug 18, 2016
Glad it helped! Feel free to contact me if you have any questions in the future!
Jchrist

United States

#119 Dec 25, 2016
I thought having a permit for carrying a gun was for protection issues. I found ou the last night that the guy who had a permit uses it for intimidating people. I was at a Christmas party and when a assumption was made by his wife that I had got aggravated for her being smart to me and I said nothing back to her.. He looks at her and asks do you want me to go get my gun shemail said yes. He went to the vehicle got his gun and came back to the party with his gun, while at least 5 children were there and senior citizens. The sad thing about it was that there was a detective, the guy's father-in-law, and I was told that mistakes happen and it would be best for me not to mention it.
Herald

Kingsport, TN

#120 Dec 25, 2016
Jchrist wrote:
I thought having a permit for carrying a gun was for protection issues. I found ou the last night that the guy who had a permit uses it for intimidating people. I was at a Christmas party and when a assumption was made by his wife that I had got aggravated for her being smart to me and I said nothing back to her.. He looks at her and asks do you want me to go get my gun shemail said yes. He went to the vehicle got his gun and came back to the party with his gun, while at least 5 children were there and senior citizens. The sad thing about it was that there was a detective, the guy's father-in-law, and I was told that mistakes happen and it would be best for me not to mention it.
Best control your smart ass mouth, around parties and drinking, then you wouldn't have to worry about who's packing.
james k sharp

Johnson City, TN

#121 Feb 8, 2017
I've done everything including fingerprinting and photo at dos in Bones creek. How will I know if my background check came out okay and that my permit is being processed
james k sharp

Johnson City, TN

#122 Feb 8, 2017
After completing everything required, how do you know if you permit has been approved
Regulations

Johnson City, TN

#123 Feb 8, 2017
Herald wrote:
<quoted text>Best control your smart ass mouth, around parties and drinking, then you wouldn't have to worry about who's packing.
It is my understanding that if you have a weapon, while possessing a concealed carry permit, and drink alcohol , you are committing a felony.
Lori

Johnson City, TN

#124 Feb 15, 2017
Aaron wrote:
I have a class on March 12 and one on March 19.
Where do you sign up for the classes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cheapest motels in JC? (Apr '09) 1 hr Satan 13
WQUT's Midnight Rambler - Original or Imposter? (Feb '10) 7 hr WOKI 75
I Miss Anna Zook! 7 hr Concerned viewer 26
Abby Ulloa (Oct '16) 13 hr Fagstaff 3
JC Country Club 15 hr Porterhouse Steak 6
Best restaurant in tri cities area? Thu Bbqman 9
Statewide paving scam. Thu Neveragain 1

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance