upsidedown

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

Any news on the requirements changing? Someone told me to do this before April if I wanted to , but couldn't elaborate on why? Anyone else heard anything
Aaron

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2012

It is true that they are in the process of changing the entire class this coming year. The first change they have put out to us is the change in the firing range portion of the class. They have changed the shooting qualification. The biggest thing about it is that we must now archive the targets for 5 years. I have no idea yet what other changes are coming. They are to put them out as they finish them.
Caleb

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

When will your classes be held in January this year? Also do we need to register or just show up?
Aaron

Dowagiac, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Go to my skillgarden. Net page. I have openings in my January 13th class. Thats a Sunday class.
lulz

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

do your classes get a lunch break/ bathroom breaks etc. I know that sounds bad, but fat boy gotta eat.
Aaron

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

:-) yes we do a 10 min break about every hour. We do lunch this way; the state requires you watch a movie during the class. I give you 30 min to get food and get back. You then eat while the movie is playing.
Icarry

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

This is an excellent class and the instructors are very proficient!
Jere Davis

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

I got my carry permit at ETSU and cannot believe that any place could be better. They were very professional and took time to explain every aspect of the required information. The range reminded me of a bowling alley with individual shooting stations. They exercised safety first and provided a lot of legal information that you need to know. They really provided a good understanding of the liability of carrying a pistol. Made me think twice about leaving home with a gun. I am not saying other places may not be equal in training, but I know ETSU is one of the best.
Aaron

Summerville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Thank you very much. We work hard to give the students good info in a positive atmosphere.
eugene

Conway, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

learn to fight,get right with Christ and pray to God to stop being a coward that needs a gun.
whutt

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Judged:

eugene wrote:
learn to fight,get right with Christ and pray to God to stop being a coward that needs a gun.
I didn't realize you could become so proficient at fighting that you could stop bullets.
pissed

Bonne Terre, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

whutt wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't realize you could become so proficient at fighting that you could stop bullets.
I believe he trains with Remo Williams
Snoopy

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

I took this class this weekend. Aaron is a top notch instructor and I really enjoyed the class. Very thorough on safety and responsibility,(as it should be). I recommend anyone that has thought about this or wanted to do it, don't hesitate to do it at ETSU. The class went by pretty quickly as I was learning quite a bit and the firing range was fun. Good job and thanks for offering this!
Aaron

Summerville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Snoopy wrote:
I took this class this weekend. Aaron is a top notch instructor and I really enjoyed the class. Very thorough on safety and responsibility,(as it should be). I recommend anyone that has thought about this or wanted to do it, don't hesitate to do it at ETSU. The class went by pretty quickly as I was learning quite a bit and the firing range was fun. Good job and thanks for offering this!
Thanks Snoopy. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions later.
Shooter

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 14, 2013

Does ETSU offer public use of the ranges with a fee?
Aaron

Summerville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Shooter wrote:
Does ETSU offer public use of the ranges with a fee?
Sorry, no. The only non class access we have is when I open the range to members of the ETSU Marksmanship club during my office hours through the regular semester. If you are faculty, staff, student or alum, you can join the club. Hours are VERY limited though and its really just set up as a service to students.
Pam Miller

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

When is your next class? Still 60.00? Thanks.
Aaron

Summerville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

February 10th. Yes, still $60.
Micki

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Aaron wrote:
Thank you very much. We work hard to give the students good info in a positive atmosphere.
When is your next class?
Aaron

Elizabethton, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Our next openings are April 14th.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of108
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

16 Users are viewing the Johnson City Forum right now

Search the Johnson City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
anyone know 40 min Mega 7
Obama Regime is Irresponsible 1 hr Howzabout 265
Tupelo honey 2 hr Keystone 19
living in johnson city tenn (Jan '14) 2 hr Keystone 7
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 2 hr WAC 8,898
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 3 hr WTSenior 140,563
Central Office blaming each other for abuse cov... 4 hr Proud parent 2
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 12 hr Tanya 56
•••
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Johnson City People Search