BlueBelle

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jan 24, 2014
Is ETSU quick on interviewing and hiring on jobs? I have been waiting to hear back on a position since December 4!
ETSU Person

Kingsport, TN

#2 Jan 27, 2014
Chances are it's already been filled. The HR office, in my opinion, is horribly run with Tammy Hamm.
Bindi

Kingsport, TN

#3 Jan 28, 2014
I'm sorry to say, but ETSU jobs are mostly filled by friends of friends and relatives. Not your fault, but you could try some of the other colleges.
Marty

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jan 29, 2014
ETSU isn't supposed to be hiring right now. There is supposed to be a hiring freeze. No money for anything but football and building projects, and that is because a lot of money for those things is from donations. Only critical positions are supposed to be filled if somebody leaves. You may better off if you don't get a call back from there as the budget crunch is causing the work environment to not be so good right now.

And, to answer your question, the hiring process there is pretty slow.
BlueBelle

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jan 31, 2014
I called to check and they told me the position hasn't been filled. I asked when to expect an interview and they said soon. This is terrible.

I don't want to continue working in sales and telemarketing!
I know

Kingsport, TN

#6 Jan 31, 2014
BlueBelle wrote:
I called to check and they told me the position hasn't been filled. I asked when to expect an interview and they said soon. This is terrible.
I don't want to continue working in sales and telemarketing!
I understand how you feel. There are very few decent jobs out there and NO job security.
It's very depressing to say the least.
And to make matters worse, bosses are using the "bad economy" excuse to treat their employees badly, so it's like you can't win these days. Very depressing times we live in.
Jobs

United States

#7 Feb 23, 2014
Is etsu a good place to work?
ETSU

Blowing Rock, NC

#8 Feb 25, 2014
Jobs wrote:
Is etsu a good place to work?
yes it is my friend worked there years ago and he loved it,good money to.
Where

United States

#9 Feb 26, 2014
Where can you find job listings for ETSU
ETSU Facts

Kingsport, TN

#10 Apr 7, 2014
ETSU Person wrote:
Chances are it's already been filled. The HR office, in my opinion, is horribly run with Tammy Hamm.
Tammy Hamm does not handle interviewing. The interviewing is handled within the departments.
Applied too

Winnsboro, SC

#11 Apr 9, 2014
I finally received an email that another person was selected for the position that I applied. It only took three months.
Marsha

Johnson City, TN

#12 Jul 26, 2014
I worked for ETSU for several years and yes, it was a good place to work. I had good benefits, longevity pay after 3 years, access to the fitness center and library, and accrued sick and annual leave days. I was support staff, not administration or faculty.

It all depends what department you work in and who your boss is. I was lucky in that regard. But I had friends, also support staff, who were treated with extreme disrespect and subjected to verbal abuse by faculty and students. Some of the female professors were absolute bitches. I would not recommend anyone work in a support position unless they have a thick skin and are not easily upset.

The pay was abysmal and that's why I eventually left.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Back to the Constitution in America 1 hr JFC 28
New Life Praise and Worship in Piney Flats 2 hr OldTennGranny 17
News Memories of old Giant Market in Johnson City 2 hr OldTennGranny 28
alexi ann Greene 13 hr Need More Info 4
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 15 hr Ceil 1,277
Stephen Lloyd 21 hr Karen 4
Suds & Bubbles Car Wash (Apr '08) 22 hr name witheld 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages