of 6
Next Last
FBE

Jonesborough, TN

#101 Apr 5, 2011
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Just curious who are you referring to?
I think this post is obvious. Thanking Kim for her honesty , directness and hard work. And reminding us of those who are two faced, underhanded, and using the school and community for their personal agenda.
Fyi

Nashville, TN

#102 Apr 7, 2011
PTA meeting tonight at 6:30... You got something you want to say this would be the time.
still curious

United States

#103 Apr 7, 2011
FBE wrote:
<quoted text>I think this post is obvious. Thanking Kim for her honesty , directness and hard work. And reminding us of those who are two faced, underhanded, and using the school and community for their personal agenda.
Actually it isn't. Who's personal agenda is being promoted?
Judge

Johnson City, TN

#104 Apr 10, 2011
First time reading this Topix page of FALL BRANCH SCHOOL that someone told me about and I CAN NOT get over how ALL of you really show how SMALL TOWN you really "ALL" are. Most of you need to take responsiblilty in teachig alot of things to your children yourself and Quit putting the blame on the principal of the school. Quit being so SMALL TOWN and teach YOUR kids ,starting with the basics of Manners & Morals and GETTING ALONG WITH OTHERS and you'll see things start improving.(TAKE A GOOD LOOK AT YOURSELF BEFORE YOU START JUDGING OTHERS)!
I have ! Have you?
parent

Nashville, TN

#105 Apr 11, 2011
I saw the J.C. paper Friday,and read about the list for school improvements in Washington County. I didn't see Fall Branch on the list. It looks like we are getting left out again for any updates. Am I the only one that feels like we are a step child?

Johnson City, TN

#106 Jul 25, 2011
That poor MOLDY school! No wonder the children get ill! Call the STATE OF TENNESSEE and report it!
**********HEALTH ISSUES**********
another view

Nashville, TN

#107 Jul 25, 2011
It's time to file a suit against Wash. County. Fall Branch has always been treated like a step child. We always get the scraps and then we are made fun of for taking it.
yousaidit

United States

#108 Jul 26, 2011
concerned parent wrote:
People need to open their eyes and see that Mr. Huffine doesn't care about the kids at this school. He makes up lies as he goes. He tries to get each family of students think that they are the problem when talking to them. Believe me this school has had it shares of problems dealing with this man. Everyone needs to express their opinions.
THAT'S your problem! You people have TOO many opinions and not enough FACTS! Its all gossip and here say. That is what this area thrives on! Its pathetic! And to think we are considered "the Bible belt"! You people are who make non believers want to stay the way they are! I was taught IF YOU CAN'T SAY ANYTHING NICE THAN SAY NOTHING AT ALL!!!!!
good day

Johnson City, TN

#109 Jul 27, 2011
Mr Huffine DOES do his job as a principal, sometimes its nesscry to let the rediculous things go OR in his case, daily occurances ,with out always taking BIG Action! The man knows what he is doing! RAISE and TEACH YOUR OWN children the morrals they should have already from their parents! Dont expect the schls to always handle it!
Tina

United States

#110 Jun 27, 2013
fb parent wrote:
<quoted text> Still reaping the back lash from coming forward with issues, unfortunately so is my child. EPIC is pointless when the teachers are doing the bullying....SAD!
I'm so glad I stumbled upon this post. I have enjoyed reading them. Ironically I knew the "davidd" was David Donihue before it came out in another post. I too have had many many issues at FB. I have put three children through that school. It was getting so bad I choose to homeachool my youngest. This year he will be attending FB. I heard today that Walter is FINALLY retiring. At first I felt that Walter and several teachers were the biggesf bullies in the school. But as time went on I had to question Walter's competency. Bless his heart... he did stay too long. Back in the 80'sschool and 90'sthe when he was at Boone he was pretty cool... but when he came to FB he was alot older. He did not know the children... He seemed to be angry about being there. And juged the kids before he ecen got to know them. There is Soooooo much inconsistency at FB and Boone too for that matter. It is really discusting to see. And if you rock the boat to make it right it really makes it worse for your kids. I will be the first to admit my own children have done their fair share of getting in trouble... but when they were in the right I backed them all the way! Andi and Kim have done alot fir FB. They busted their booties to get things that the school needed. If ya don't like them on a personal level... So what...they probly dont care either... but you can look at the books and see what they have gotten for FB. And the EPIC program IS a joke. Well the profram itself might be okay but how it is done at the school it is not. And before I'm attacked for grammatical errors...let me just say I'm posting this on my phone and this stupid ad keeps popping up infront of the box..
parent

Johnson City, TN

#111 Jun 29, 2013
If old "Walt" is retiring, who is going to replace him?
The Man

Johnson City, TN

#112 Jun 30, 2013
Why is it that each and every year more parents are homeschooling their children? Have the school systems failed the children? Have the parents failed their children? Why is it that our children continue to fall behind the rest of the industrialized nations? My child is a toddler and I am starting to consider homeschooling or private school. My wife and I have not purchased a house and we could move to any school district in the tricities. Who has the best public school system? Any feedback would greatly appreciated.
Pammy

Arcadia, SC

#113 Jul 5, 2013
FB is one of first old schools to be updated. I heard if WC gets a certain grant, the updates will start taking place soon. As for the retiring principal, don't judge someone until you've walked in thier shoes.
Joe South

Kingsport, TN

#114 Jul 6, 2013
Pammy wrote:
FB is one of first old schools to be updated. I heard if WC gets a certain grant, the updates will start taking place soon. As for the retiring principal, don't judge someone until you've walked in thier shoes.
Walk a mile in my shoes,walk a mile in my shoes,before you criticize and accuse, walk a mile in my shoes
Happy

Johnson City, TN

#115 Jul 13, 2013
Who will be the next principal at Fall Branch? It is getting late, and the principal needs to be in place for the next school year.
voljunkie44

Johnson City, TN

#116 Jul 13, 2013
slimjim wrote:
The carpet baggers love to put there big noses into everything
You are exactly right my friend that's how we ended up with zoning and other useless crap here in carter county. I went to Fall Branch during the 70's before moving to Carter county after my parents divorced Good luck.
Tina

Newton, NC

#117 Jul 24, 2013
Our new principal is Mr.Hanson... or Henson.. I spoke to him briefly this morning. Seems nice. Nothing on the school site as of yet with anything other than his name. Does anyone know if kindergarten class will be starting out the year on a staggered schedule?
Yep

Church Hill, VA

#118 Jul 25, 2013
The Man wrote:
Why is it that each and every year more parents are homeschooling their children? Have the school systems failed the children? Have the parents failed their children? Why is it that our children continue to fall behind the rest of the industrialized nations? My child is a toddler and I am starting to consider homeschooling or private school. My wife and I have not purchased a house and we could move to any school district in the tricities. Who has the best public school system? Any feedback would greatly appreciated.
I wish I could move to Kingsport & put my kids in their city schools. Everyone I know that has moved there loves the schools.
Taxpayer

Johnson City, TN

#119 Jul 28, 2013
If the county needs to save money and be fair to everyone, why do certain people get to use the school gym at 10:30 at night on Sunday to play basketball? What about the cost for electricity? Is it available for everyone for their private use?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roommate Needed 11 hr Lynn Patty 20
Tri Cities Muslims (Feb '16) 15 hr Lefty 161
AutoNation in J.C. 22 hr Waylon 3
heather hankel 22 hr Waylon 3
Fomer Johnson City motels (Jan '12) Sat Mr Fass 8
Bringing music to the Tri-Cities Sat Marky Billson 7
News Shoplift suspect had 21 aliases (Jun '10) Sat hank 3

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance