First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Support Huffine

Johnson City, TN

#1 Feb 23, 2011
The people of Fall Branch should be outraged at outsiders coming in and tearing down good people. The PTA President and Beyond the Bell Program is run by a bunch of damn carpet beggars giving our beloved Principal a hard time. Kim Goward has been openly vocal about wanting to change who is Principal while Andi Hooper has been going behind his back saying he has overstayed his welcome. Mr. Huffine loves the kids, parents and teacher. The test scores prove he is an excellent leader and he is very caring about those who are less fortunate. We should be sick of people from outside this area moving here and complaining about how we do things-MOVE BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
slimjim

Batesburg, SC

#2 Feb 23, 2011
The carpet baggers love to put there big noses into everything

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
mja

Nashville, TN

#3 Feb 23, 2011
What kind of problems have been going on at the school?
concerned parent

Nashville, TN

#4 Feb 24, 2011
People need to open their eyes and see that Mr. Huffine doesn't care about the kids at this school. He makes up lies as he goes. He tries to get each family of students think that they are the problem when talking to them. Believe me this school has had it shares of problems dealing with this man. Everyone needs to express their opinions.
curious

Johnson City, TN

#5 Feb 24, 2011
concerned parent wrote:
People need to open their eyes and see that Mr. Huffine doesn't care about the kids at this school. He makes up lies as he goes. He tries to get each family of students think that they are the problem when talking to them. Believe me this school has had it shares of problems dealing with this man. Everyone needs to express their opinions.
Could you be more specific. I have heard so many good things about him and found him to seem sincere but my children have moved to the high school so I am out of the loop concerning FBS. I like Ms. Hooper but she does seem to have to have an agenda. When does a mom of 2 that works full time have time to serve as PTA President, serve on the Community Chest Board and make time for her kids. Didnt she run for County Commission or School Board as well? None of my business though I have heard from one teacher she has been behind the scenes talking bad about the Principal and than to him is very supportive. I dont like that. Sorry.
Principal Problems

Elizabethton, TN

#6 Feb 24, 2011
Be careful what you wish for. You may end up with Dr. Selina Blevins. OH MY!!
no blevins please

Johnson City, TN

#7 Feb 24, 2011
Principal Problems wrote:
Be careful what you wish for. You may end up with Dr. Selina Blevins. OH MY!!
Huffine is wonderful, Blevins would do a great service by going to another system.
truth

Johnson City, TN

#8 Feb 25, 2011
What kind of problems are they having?
nnn

Johnson City, TN

#9 Feb 27, 2011
It may be an old school but a good one and Mr, Huffine has played a part in that.
misinformed

Johnson City, TN

#10 Mar 2, 2011
Support Huffine wrote:
The people of Fall Branch should be outraged at outsiders coming in and tearing down good people. The PTA President and Beyond the Bell Program is run by a bunch of damn carpet beggars giving our beloved Principal a hard time. Kim Goward has been openly vocal about wanting to change who is Principal while Andi Hooper has been going behind his back saying he has overstayed his welcome. Mr. Huffine loves the kids, parents and teacher. The test scores prove he is an excellent leader and he is very caring about those who are less fortunate. We should be sick of people from outside this area moving here and complaining about how we do things-MOVE BACK WHERE YOU CAME FROM.
You are a prime example of why this forum should not exist. Mrs. Gowards family is from upper East TN. Goward and Hooper have only built up and supported Fall Branch School. In no way have these two undermined the school principal or anyone else. Both Goward and Hooper are respectful, honest and open about their beliefs. It is not their style "going behind backs". You are truly misinformed.
misinformed

Johnson City, TN

#11 Mar 2, 2011
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Could you be more specific. I have heard so many good things about him and found him to seem sincere but my children have moved to the high school so I am out of the loop concerning FBS. I like Ms. Hooper but she does seem to have to have an agenda. When does a mom of 2 that works full time have time to serve as PTA President, serve on the Community Chest Board and make time for her kids. Didnt she run for County Commission or School Board as well? None of my business though I have heard from one teacher she has been behind the scenes talking bad about the Principal and than to him is very supportive. I dont like that. Sorry.
You are "out of the loop". I am sure Mrs. Hooper knows her limits and is aware of what she can handle. Community work is to be commended not criticized.
Andi Hooper

Kingsport, TN

#12 Mar 2, 2011
First of all as the President of the PTA I do know how to spell and carpet begger should be bagger. I was born in South Carolina, raised in Tennessee and have been a GRIT all of my life. So if I was to move back to where I came from I would already be here!
Second for any and all that know me I do not "go behind" anyone I am very vocal and I tell people what I think and believe. I am open and honest and always have been! I do not choose to hide behind a "anoymous name" to speak my mind.
Third I do support Mr. Huffine he is the principal at the school that my children attend, do I think there are things he could differently...yes...there are things that we could all do differently. And he and I have discussed those things and have a very open professional relationship.
I support the children at Fall Branch School and will continue to do so as this is where my children go to school. I am not sure where you got your infomation but you have obviously choosen to listen to those who do not know what may or may not be going on at our school. I have been very saddened by what has gone on as the only ones that will loose are the children and that is NEVER ok. Unfortunately some adults have choosen to disagree and now there seems to be open season on anyone and everyone who has spent the last few years trying to make our school a better place. My family and I choose to live in Fall Branch we participate in the community because I was raised with the knowledge that I should "pay it forward" and do all that I can to make this world and community a better place. If this is wrong then I guess I have been mistaken. My only transgression is that I care and unfortunately as seen on this forum that is cause for nothing but speculation, slander, and unfortunately a lot of untrue information.
Should you choose to ask me any questions I am available to answer those questions anytime!
Thank you,
Andi Hooper
Andi Hooper

Kingsport, TN

#13 Mar 2, 2011
curious wrote:
<quoted text>Could you be more specific. I have heard so many good things about him and found him to seem sincere but my children have moved to the high school so I am out of the loop concerning FBS. I like Ms. Hooper but she does seem to have to have an agenda. When does a mom of 2 that works full time have time to serve as PTA President, serve on the Community Chest Board and make time for her kids. Didnt she run for County Commission or School Board as well? None of my business though I have heard from one teacher she has been behind the scenes talking bad about the Principal and than to him is very supportive. I dont like that. Sorry.
I would be curious to know who has stated that I have spoken badly about our principal as I beleive that you have been given some inaccurate information. Yes I work full time, yes I serve the community in which I live because I do my best to try and help all of those in need and to try and support our community, if I havce done something wrong then I would like for someone to step forward "not anoymously" and let me know. I am not perfect and I do many times try to do to much as it has been my experience that many times our children will loose if someone does not step up to work with them or defend them. I would be glad to address your concerns at any time...
Andi Hooper
Fall Branch Parent

Surgoinsville, TN

#14 Mar 2, 2011
What I have seen is a few people including Andi Hooper who work very hard through the PTA to make our school a better place for our Teachers and Parents. Then there are other people that never show up to help do any work but they are the same ones who want to complain about what gets done.

P.S. MR. SUPPORT HUFFINE
I like Huffine also, but how much work do you do to support our school & community? Why don't you put your name on here and stop hiding? It is easy to hide and complain about everything as you well know!
Andi Supporter

Surgoinsville, TN

#15 Mar 2, 2011
All I can say is Andi does a lot for Fall Branch School and she gets nothing out of it for herself.
FB Parent

Afton, TN

#16 Mar 2, 2011
I am outraged that this is even being discussed. These women have done nothing but try to make our school a better place. Kim Goward has implemented a wonderful program (Beyond the Bell) to give our children opportunities to learn things they would have never gotten through our school system. We need a principal who wants to fight for our school. Someone who wants to give our kids all the advantages that other washington county schools have. I really love our school and this has got to stop. Its a sad that people step up to try and make our school a better place and this is the thanks they get.
FB Mom

Johnson City, TN

#17 Mar 2, 2011
All I hear from Andi or Mr. Huffine about each other are good things. If we could get 1/2 of the pearents at FB School to do as much as Andi does we would have the best school in the state.
Kim Hughes FBS Parent

United States

#18 Mar 2, 2011
I have gotten to know both Andi Hooper and Kim Goward as a FBS parent over the last 7 years. I was one of the original volunteers who helped start up Beyond the Bell. This program was conceived and nurtured by Kim Goward and has provided experiences some of these children may never have had otherwise. Kim has always and continues to openly invite ALL Parents to participate in this program. She offers scholarships so that NO CHILD who wishes to take classes is left out. If you have a problem with this opportunity being available to these children then simply do not get involved, if you have questions simply ask. Andi Hooper is the PTA president, she sits on the Community Chest, she ran for school board and she is coaching the girls soft ball team. THANK GOODNESS because no one else wanted to be PTA president and there was no one who would agree to coach the soft ball team. Andi found volunteers to help with the soft ball team so the girls are able to play otherwise there would not be a team. For everyone on here who have the need to criticize these two ladies I would like to ask, when was the last time you were at a PTA meeting, volunteered in your child's class room or helped with a team sport. I do not always agree with them but I can honestly say that the children's best interest is the motivating factor for all these ladies do for our school and community. I believe the test scores mentioned in one of the previous statements has a lot to do with our teachers at FBS. I am grateful for what they do and believe we are lucky to have them. The scores reflect the hard work and dedication of our teaching staff.
FB Dad

Johnson City, TN

#19 Mar 2, 2011
slimjim wrote:
The carpet baggers love to put there big noses into everything
I think your like the Gico commerical that shows a man under a rock! Where do you live under a Rock?
Roc

Johnson City, TN

#20 Mar 2, 2011
Those ladies work ther butts off for FBS. They do not talk bad about Huffine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mahoneys, Johnson city, (Nov '07) 13 min JC Fan 114
The Bible as TN's official state book 25 min richlandshumanists 7
Ashley @ Boones creek roadrunner 42 min Jonny 3
What happened w/ Brian Taylor at Munsey? he is ... 2 hr Pushing up Daisies 2
Bookies 2 hr Hail to the Countess 1
Franklin Woods Birthing Center? (Nov '13) 3 hr GratiaCash 11
Prostitutes in Johnson City (Jul '12) 6 hr manny fingers 53
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 15 hr patty b 608
More from around the web

Johnson City People Search