ramey ford rips people off! buyers be...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
The Moose

Kingsport, TN

#41 Dec 3, 2013
People, you have to realize, car dealerships not only make money from selling you a car. The big money is in the financing and upkeep. Sure they can shoot you a line of shit after the deal saying your credit is not quite perfect, adding another 4-5% on your loan. That doesn't sound like much, but do the math. Then, they have the guarantee of upkeep, which results in false needs not covered by the warranty. I say, if you have a functional car, then you have more in your corner than the chance of buying a lemon and being shucked by the dealer. Either buy from an individual or be happy with what you have, unless you have a car that's about to croak. If you have a dying car, trade it in and play the game and hope you stuck it to them as they would you. Most likely you will get the short end of the stick and some poor sap will wind up with your old haunted car and be really taken! It's a racket, for sure. Best thing to do is learn about cars, do some of your own work and be happy with what you have. I'd hate worse than anything to get rid of a good car and wind up with a dud just to keep up with the Joneses.
Dumb Once

Spartanburg, SC

#42 Dec 3, 2013
I was a dumb a## once to buy an SUV from them but not going to be one again. I sold my Explorer and will never darken the door of that dealership again.
Non-Ramey

Bristol, TN

#43 Dec 3, 2013
Dumb Once wrote:
I was a dumb a## once to buy an SUV from them but not going to be one again. I sold my Explorer and will never darken the door of that dealership again.
I was shopping for an F150 there and told the salesman to email me his quote because I didn't have the time to hang around while he went back and forth to his manager. I never received that email. About two weeks later I got a call from someone at Ramey asking if I had made a decision. I told him I did make a decision and bought an F150 at Erwin Motors. I also told him his salesman never bothered emailing me a quote so I presumed he didn't want my business. His reply was to ask me if I check my emails. I simply hung up. This is one of the worst managed dealerships I have visited.
Appalled customer

Madison, TN

#44 Apr 26, 2014
Happy ramey customer wrote:
U guys need to get a life. Ramey has a awesome service dept and the GM Ed us wonderful to deal with. The commercials ate super cute. Don't b jealous. The best price around
You have been snowed. You are to gullible.
Ripoff Joe

United States

#45 Apr 29, 2014
Concerned Auto Buyer wrote:
Buyers BEWARE!! I first started at Friendship Ford and they were rude as Hell! So then I go to Johnson City to Ramey "We do the Deal"
What a sorry slogan! Yeah they get you in the door thinking you are gonna get a deal and they did put more in for my trade but when I got into the Finance office, thats where the kicker is...The up the price $3,000 MORE than what we agreed on! Then they started treating me like I was an Idoit and I didn't know what I was talking about..
I got so mad and upset, I got up and left..So I guess I will drive my six year old car for another 6 years..
The way the dealerships add $3,000.00 + is after you agree to a price, they'll tell you something like "How's this $$$ for a monthly payment look? When you say "Looks OK", they'll later tell you that you agreed to a higher price when you said the payment looked OK. That's an old trick they all do. They other is the "lifetime warranty" or lifetime "free tires". Be aware. Take a calculator and watch out for hidden costs. The best way to buy a car is to walk in and say "this is what I'll write a check for" after you've done your research. Don't let them see your emotional expressions. The salesmen watch your eyes so wear sunglasses. Be prepared to walk at the drop of a hat. I like to practice on a dealer before I actually buy a car. Go in with no intention to buy. Observe their intimidation tactics, talk them down, then just get up and walk out. The most important thing is NEVER sign anything before you try out the car. If they say it 's policy then get up and walk out. Many times what you are signing is a sales contract.
MrCrowley

Kingsport, TN

#46 Apr 30, 2014
Face the facts, folks. Not only do car dealerships make money from selling you a car with exploded finance charges, they also garner a ton of money with real or imagined service charges afterwards. For the rich old S.O.B. who trades cars in yearly, it's no big deal. They have enough cash flow to be taken for a ride. For the rest of you trying to live beyond your means, you should expect it. As for you, Overhauled, we all know bullshit when we hear it. If you actually bought these cars with cash on the barrel, what did you do with your old ones? Trade them in for a big loss or donate them to charity? Bullshitter!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ILLEGAL phone taps and elecronic devices 1 hr Busted 5
Tri Cities Muslims 2 hr walker 36
Ron Dykes 7 hr Time to Go 10
Vet 9 hr Gravy Train 7
Downtown J.C. should be demolished 11 hr longbowhunter 59
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Fri Tanya 1,267
ETSU grads working for 8.50 an hour Fri Independent 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages