Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2010

Judged:

Grindstaffs got the best deals and no kids just a very young wife doing all the talking
Overhauled

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2010

Judged:

I do like to look at her.
unknown

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2010

dave t wrote:
little ugly kids
funny
Say whAt

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2010

Judged:

I always shop at Bill Gatton Honda...very professional. I would NEVER shop at Ramey because I absolutely can not stand those silly, self indulgent, aren't my kids the cutest, commercials.
Perv finder

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2011

Judged:

Overhauled wrote:
I do like to look at her.
Get a life and stop ogling the staff, freak.
no name

Bristol, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

Judged:

shame- shame on you should not call people bad names, you may have got took,so live with it and move on .remember every dog has it day.
Think

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

Judged:

The only way you should buy a vehicle is with cash, if you can't pay cash you can't afford it. If you pay cash how are they screwing you? The dealers never screw you, you allow it. If you get screwed by a car dealer it is because you are a idiot. Start living within your means, and quit spending like congress!!!
The Chorus

Chatsworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2011

Judged:

I have bought 5 cars from Ramey Ford and I have had only 1 small problem with the dealership that they immediately fixed for me. Their service department is top notch! They have gone beyond what was necessary during a couple of my scheduled maintenance. I went to Friendship Ford and was only there for 15 minutes when the manager insulted my intelligence so I LEFT and went to Ramey. Don't know what you expect out of a dealership, but I will continue to go to Ramey! Commercial is cute too!
Henry Ford Cried

Damascus, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

I took my Ford to Ramey for diagnosis and repair. They could not diagnosis the vehicle until the next day because they were booked solid. Shortage of qualified staff, as they reported.
The service writer logged the vehicle in and I told him I thought the problem was a certain defective part. I called 30 hours later, after not hearing from them when promised, to get an update and was told it was a different part that was wrong and it would be covered by warranty. They ordered the part which was over $2,500, and installed it. Several days came and went. Guess what? When they road tested it the vehicle still had the same problem. Calls to Detroit by the service department, additional testing, 20 miles of road tests, lots of head scratching. Day after day passed. They took the newly installed part back out and disassembled it, ordered parts to fix the new assembly. Reinstalled it. Scratched their heads some more. Same issue was still present after days and days of work.
Eventually they came to the conclusion that the vehicle's problem was the part I initially suggested. They finally humbled themselves and ordered the correct part and installed which then fixed the vehicle. Guess what? They did not remove the wrongly diagnosed & installed parts. They pulled a fast one over on Detroit. I suspect that Detroit will inspect the part that was replaced at some point and realize the dealer was not capable, or worst, is dishonest.
I am thankful they finally repaired by vehicle and returned it. The issue I have is that this took 24 days. How can anyone this day and time be without their vehicle for 24 days? Furthermore, under what circumstance would any Ford (or any other brand) dealership need 24 days to fix any mechanical problem on any vehicle? Look that one up in any tech manual and operating procedure.
Lack of adequate troubleshooting skills, lack of integrity, lack of good communication skills with the service customer. My hope is that they learn and reevaluate, provide further training, provide better communications with the customer. Even after this experience I would still return, since there is no better option that I am aware of in the Tri.
Any yes, I agree with with one of the above commeter about the attitude of service writer Donna. I was not dealing with her, but observed her dealing with another customer the day I picked by vehicle up and if I had been that customer I would have slapped her teeth out of her head. She is hurting Ramey's reputation.
curious

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2011

Judged:

What about J.C. Honda?
angelee

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2011

my brother worked at ramey for several years ago he is an ase cert mechanic, he was let go because it took him longer than 20 minutes for a service he takes his time when working on others vehicles and treats them like he would want his treated donna was the sleeze that told his boss he was stupid (her words) and incompentent and whereever he was "trained" at didnt know what they were doing.. well the us army is where he was certified and the gov feels he is qualified to work on million dollar vehicles so maybe she needs to be retrained and learn some respect for others
Clueless

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2013

TomJ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah mostly because of that smartass bitch named Donna that works back there.. She is the biggest smart ass I have ever encountered dealing with the public. Everyone I have ever talked to that has been there says she is a bitch.. Why do they keep her around as much business as she is costing them?
OMG I thought it was just me! I dread taking my car for servicing because of her abrasive attitude. What is her problem?
Not Acura or Mazda

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

Say whAt wrote:
I always shop at Bill Gatton Honda...very professional. I would NEVER shop at Ramey because I absolutely can not stand those silly, self indulgent, aren't my kids the cutest, commercials.
My wife took our Mazda to Bill Gatton Acura Mazda for a oil change and waited for 2.5 hours. Finally they came out and showed my wife a filter with several dead insects on it. They said it was the cabin filter and it needed to be changed. She asked how much they said it would be $110, to my wife's surprise she replied, "why is it so much for a filter?" They said it takes almost an hour to get the filter out because it is in a difficult place to get to. My wife said I came here for an oil change and you guys wasted an hour of my time to take my cabin filter off. The guy said I will just put it back in. My wife said can I see the filter. She walked over to the trash can and knocked the insects off the filter and gave it back to them to put back in. These people all of them will try to take advantage of a female. It is a shame.
Stretch

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

I haven't been there and won't go there simply due to the commercials. They have the most annoying commercials on the planet.
satisfied

Partlow, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

You ppl really need to buy from Everett Smith @ Ramey. He has always treated me great. He takes care of his ppl after the sales. Will keep you updated about your service. Once you deal with him. Youll never go anywhere else.
Doc

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Judged:

satisfied wrote:
You ppl really need to buy from Everett Smith @ Ramey. He has always treated me great. He takes care of his ppl after the sales. Will keep you updated about your service. Once you deal with him. Youll never go anywhere else.
I don't care who the sales person is because one of their sales people will never see me. Having to stomach those awful commercials is enough to keep me away forever. I don't know who is the brains behind the advertising, but whoever it is doesn't know a whole lot about advertising. Adults purchase cars and trucks, don't advertise to them like they are pre-schoolers.
wow

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

angelee wrote:
my brother worked at ramey for several years ago he is an ase cert mechanic, he was let go because it took him longer than 20 minutes for a service he takes his time when working on others vehicles and treats them like he would want his treated donna was the sleeze that told his boss he was stupid (her words) and incompentent and whereever he was "trained" at didnt know what they were doing.. well the us army is where he was certified and the gov feels he is qualified to work on million dollar vehicles so maybe she needs to be retrained and learn some respect for others
I have never been anywhere that does not keep you at the very minimum one hour. There must have been issues that you were not aware of.
Scooters

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

Sales
People are fake and call a few times after the sale then you never hear from them. The finance guy at Carl Gregory is a jerk I will never and I say never grace their lot.
uhmmm

Johnson City, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

I personally think any car dealer is going to try and rip someone off!!!
Gamey

Kingsport, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

At Wamey Ford we do duh deelz!! And the cutmers!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

30 Users are viewing the Johnson City Forum right now

Search the Johnson City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 14 min WTSenior 141,070
If you want change don't vote for Hammond!!! 1 hr Poorboy 1
No for Hammond 1 hr Poorboy 90
Is it ok for Hammond to spread lies about oppon... 1 hr TTT3 99
vote hammond for washington co.school board! 2 hr Like You Care 45
Carriger 2 hr KLB 5
No Mabe Masters Utsman 2 hr EOC 3
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 4 hr Jennifer 67
HEY BRANDON McKEE!!! READ THIS!!! 4 hr WillGetJustice 18
•••
•••
•••
•••