ramey ford rips people off! buyers beware!

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Concerned Auto Buyer

United States

#1 Feb 25, 2010
Buyers BEWARE!! I first started at Friendship Ford and they were rude as Hell! So then I go to Johnson City to Ramey "We do the Deal"
What a sorry slogan! Yeah they get you in the door thinking you are gonna get a deal and they did put more in for my trade but when I got into the Finance office, thats where the kicker is...The up the price $3,000 MORE than what we agreed on! Then they started treating me like I was an Idoit and I didn't know what I was talking about..
I got so mad and upset, I got up and left..So I guess I will drive my six year old car for another 6 years..
laffingravy

Johnson City, TN

#2 Feb 26, 2010
Concerned Auto Buyer wrote:
Buyers BEWARE!! I first started at Friendship Ford and they were rude as Hell! So then I go to Johnson City to Ramey "We do the Deal"
What a sorry slogan! Yeah they get you in the door thinking you are gonna get a deal and they did put more in for my trade but when I got into the Finance office, thats where the kicker is...The up the price $3,000 MORE than what we agreed on! Then they started treating me like I was an Idoit and I didn't know what I was talking about..
I got so mad and upset, I got up and left..So I guess I will drive my six year old car for another 6 years..
I guess we all have to accept the fact that any business nowadays is out to make instant money in spite of what happens on down the road. Long gone are the days of a seller depending on your repeated business with them. Greed has companies doing bad things. Seems just about any purchase now has strings attached,and delegated salesman will do just about anything to screw you for their own profit. I think you did the right thing by walking out on them. Wouldn't have hurt if you cussed them out! Your six year old car would be a luxury to many of us, and hopefully it will give you many more years of service. I don't know why you wanted to trade in your car, but keep in mind..........at least you know what you have, and many have so much less.
lll

Nashville, TN

#3 Feb 26, 2010
laffingravy wrote:
<quoted text>I guess we all have to accept the fact that any business nowadays is out to make instant money in spite of what happens on down the road. Long gone are the days of a seller depending on your repeated business with them. Greed has companies doing bad things. Seems just about any purchase now has strings attached,and delegated salesman will do just about anything to screw you for their own profit. I think you did the right thing by walking out on them. Wouldn't have hurt if you cussed them out! Your six year old car would be a luxury to many of us, and hopefully it will give you many more years of service. I don't know why you wanted to trade in your car, but keep in mind..........at least you know what you have, and many have so much less.
I can only tell you their service dept. has certainly gone down in the past few years.
Car Buyer

Elizabethton, TN

#4 Feb 27, 2010
Amen to the Ramey Ripoff. I no longer own a FORD. I liked my ford but not the dealership. They will s....w you every chance they get.
laffingravy

Johnson City, TN

#5 Feb 28, 2010
On the subject of bad auto dealerships.....Johnson City Honda. What a bunch of crooks! My niece purchased a used car from them along with the extended warranty. Lo and behold, after a few weeks, the brakes went out, but she was told it was not covered under the warranty. Then the fuel pump croaked. I did some online research and found that the fuel pump was subject to RECALL due to a malfunctioning strainer. Any brain will tell you, when a strainer goes bad, the pump will be burned out because of it. Hence, the recall. JC Honda refused to honor the recall, saying they THEN put a new strainer on the pump, and the pump was burned out.$400. Well, that's like saying "even though it caused the pump to burn out, we ain't gonna cover it"! She decided to let the car go back. Now, JCH is trying to sue her for $10,000, the alleged beating the supposedly took on the deal. That head nodding Trujillo needs to held responsible for this and many other rip offs! A true example of the what to expect from car dealers.
Independent

Johnson City, TN

#6 Feb 28, 2010
Try chaparral folks, I have been treated well there. Anyone else have experiences with them?
whatever

Jonesborough, TN

#7 Feb 28, 2010
yeah, there o.k. if you like going in for an oil change and they try to sell you $500.00 worth of flushes. coolant, transmission,power steering. i got out the owners manuel and it said the coolant was good for 100,000 miles. i showed them this and they said i live in the mountains and needed it every 30,000 miles yeah right tell it to someone else. i only came in for a oil change
Oily Dipstick

AOL

#8 Feb 28, 2010
Yeah, It sounds like they Really tried to "change your oil."
Don't feel special, it happens everywhere. They especially try this stuff on women. It's shameful.

Never hesitate to question ANY of these guys. There are some good ones. There are some bad ones but None of them get paid until you give them the OK to work on your car.
Ripped Off Ramey Customer

United States

#9 Jun 16, 2010
I recently bought a used Ford Escape from Ramey Ford. I was repeatedly lied to before and after the sale. The vehicle has already been in the shop 2 times (after 20 days) and they recently repainted one of the doors because of a very bad repair job that had been done in the past by someone else. Picked the car up today and it doesn't look any better. Everything the sales manager (Brad Cook) told me they would do to the car wasn't done. There was paint overspray all over the body molding and they didn't even paint the whole door, just from the pin stripe down and it looks awful. BEWARE OF RAMEY FORD... Now I am stuck with a $15,000 used vehicle that I will never be able to trade because you can still VERY EASILY tell it has been painted, and painted BADLY... Go to Grindstaff or Friendship... I have bought from both of those lots and never had an experience like this one... Never again
Left Ramey Mad

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jun 17, 2010
They wanted a charge just to tell me that I needed brakes. I knew that before I took my mustang to them.
poop dog

Nashville, TN

#11 Jun 18, 2010
the kids in the commercial thats a waste of tv time
TomJ

Knoxville, TN

#12 Nov 6, 2010
lll wrote:
<quoted text>I can only tell you their service dept. has certainly gone down in the past few years.
Yeah mostly because of that smartass bitch named Donna that works back there.. She is the biggest smart ass I have ever encountered dealing with the public. Everyone I have ever talked to that has been there says she is a bitch.. Why do they keep her around as much business as she is costing them?
Dave T

Nashville, TN

#13 Nov 7, 2010
they need to pay for their silly ass commercials
last ford

Johnson City, TN

#14 Nov 8, 2010
Car Buyer wrote:
Amen to the Ramey Ripoff. I no longer own a FORD. I liked my ford but not the dealership. They will s....w you every chance they get.
so agree
Happy ramey customer

United States

#15 Nov 20, 2010
U guys need to get a life. Ramey has a awesome service dept and the GM Ed us wonderful to deal with. The commercials ate super cute. Don't b jealous. The best price around
Overhauled

United States

#16 Nov 21, 2010
U guys need to get a life. Ramey has a awesome service dept and the GM Ed us wonderful to deal with. The commercials ate super cute. Don't b jealous. The best price around

Must be one of the sales persons.Bonus for their paycheck.As stated above in one of the comments
Most dealers now days could care less about repeat service.

“Diogenes”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#17 Nov 22, 2010
If car dealerships spend less $ advertising, they could cut the price on cars. Full page ads and 100 plus TV commercials a day translate into a whopping advertisement budget.

Who wants to see the owners and managers snotty nose kids anyhow.
Happy ramey customer

United States

#18 Nov 22, 2010
Well I do not work there however u must b one of those people that couldn't buy a new car for nothing or couldn't use ur government assistance check to pay. U r jealous it isn't ur kids n the commercial. Ramey treats their customers with respect. Maybe the problem lied within u.
Overhauled

United States

#19 Nov 22, 2010
Wrong, Happy customer the past two cars I have purchased was with cash. So unlike yourself I did not need 72 months financing, I am sure you got one of those special prices just couldn't turn down. Right, you were just another ole red neck spending more on payments for your special car than the payments on your mobile home. I really would not want to plaster my kids on TV, just to try and sell a car. Must of really impressed you ,
you went in debt for a vehicle. That or you are some weirdo fascinated with little kids.
dave t

Nashville, TN

#20 Nov 22, 2010
little ugly kids

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ComCare SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1 hr BKCAT2 1
Carl Gregory 2 hr Shopper 9
Atheism and Religion in General 3 hr Hill Billy Boy 3
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 14 hr Tanya 629
Pardee Street in Keystone 14 hr Uncle Daddy 3
The Bible as TN's official state book 16 hr Hill Billy Boy 33
What happened w/ Brian Taylor at Munsey? he is ... Mon AmazingMe 5
More from around the web

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE