First Prev
of 3
Next Last
idiotz

Abingdon, VA

#46 Nov 10, 2013
Well I Never wrote:
We should boycott BK because they have cut all hourly workers to 29 hours a week. No other restaurants are doing this yet BK tells their employees ALL other are and thats just not true. They would rather hurt workers and families. Pretty bad since they already off some form of insurance but are afraid they might have to pay if their insurance is refused.
Are you a BK worker? Why should we believe you?
well

Inez, KY

#47 Nov 24, 2013
Pauley wrote:
<quoted text>
Then go work somewhere else. Your sister is an idiot. Is that all she can do is flip burgers? How much do you think that is worth? They can find as many people as they want to flip burgers.
Billions to Burger King.
Just Saying

United States

#48 Nov 25, 2013
So do you want obamacare? or do you want to repeal obamacare? Who is going to pay for it?
So do we pay BK workers $15.00 an hour, or bring real jobs back to America so folks can make a decent living. I was in stores last week and was going to buy the wife a coat. Name brand and other brand coats had price tags within pennies of $200.00. Guess what? Made in China! I'd have to think an non union American worker could make that coat and a non union manufacturer could still make a good profit. Our govt, meaning our politicians (remember slick willie wet cigar clinton signing NAFTA) have made it possible for people and companies to reap huge profits by importing foreign goods. Yep, the rich are getting richer, but they wouldn't have been able to import if our govt didn't give them the okay. How many of you buy made in China or some other foreign country and really need what you are buying? How many of you shop wal-mart?
Pal

Kingsport, TN

#49 Apr 25, 2014
Mike wrote:
It's not the duty of Burger King or any other company to provide you with insurance or any guarantee of hours. The purpose of the company is to make money. If it is in the best interest of the company to only work you 29 hours so they don't have to pay for insurance then it is a good business decision. Is it fair? Maybe not, but is it fair that they should be forced to pay for benefits? I am sorry that you are getting your hours cut but that is just the world we live in. If you do not like it change jobs or start your own company;
You wouldn't happen to be Mike Clayton would you? If so, you are no one to be advising another about starting a business. Mike Clayton and his siblings are silver spoon fed brats who inherited all the Burger Kings in this area.
And they've done a poor job with them. They played games and lost the Colonial Heights area. And are too poor to even buy property in Colonial Heights and State Of Franklin.
They are now elderly children living off the hard work of "Daddy Vance" whivh makes them senior citizen freeloaders!
French

Johnson City, TN

#50 Apr 25, 2014
How could those with so much treat us with so little so poorly? I am a hard worker with excellent credit. I was turned down for a small business loan to start my own business. Those that have are a very small minority and an invitation is required to become a part of this group.

Kingsport, TN

#51 Apr 30, 2014
Local Burger Kings in JC and Kingsport have a system to screw their managers out of pay when they take their deposits to a bank. They have them clock out and leave and take the deposit to a bank on the way home. That is a labor violation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What has happened to Gregs Pizza?? (Oct '12) 56 min Pizza Guy 58
Mr. P. B. McDaniel 58 min knows your family 1
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare 8 hr zzz 52
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 13 hr DonotbesoNaive 351
Will The Mouses Ear rise again? Tue Severin 23
Psychiatrist Arrested Lived Next to Towne Acres Tue William 8
Review: Unaka Avenue Baptist Church (Nov '12) Tue Former Member 27
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web