First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rock daddy

Elizabethton, TN

#1 Feb 13, 2012
i hate to listen to this guy anybody feel the same way?

Since: Nov 11

United States

#2 Feb 13, 2012
I stopped listening to WQUT after Kim Stone left.
He sucks

Jonesborough, TN

#3 Feb 22, 2012
rock daddy wrote:
i hate to listen to this guy anybody feel the same way?
He is horrible. I've heard him on the sports monster. I love the show on Mon, Wed, Fri when Kenny and Bobby are on, but on Tues & Thurs, I refuse to listen to it.

He is a jackass. He is the most disagreeable person I've ever heard on local talk radio. If you've ever seen him, it's hard to believe that he ever played a sport.
Disagree

Johnson City, TN

#4 Feb 22, 2012
He may be disagreeable, but that is part of what makes him good. I don't always agree with him, but he is direct, and has strong opinions that are usually accompanied by thoughtful and logical defense of that opinion. Although I like Kenny, he seems to be more concerned with yucking it up with Bobby, and whispering with Bobby (into the mike unfortunately) while callers are talking. The Monster made an enormous upgrade when they brought Bobby to the station. He is clearly the most prepared and professional host on the station. I usually listen (when I can) on the mornings when Bud is on, and listen to ESPN radio.com the mornings Kenny is on. In addition, in relation to the actual inital topic of this thread, I do think Bud could expand the depth of music he plays on QUT, What I don't know is however, how much control he actually has over what is played.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#5 Feb 23, 2012
As far as what Bud plays,give the guy a break. He works at WQUT which means he has to conform to their official daily playlist: Freebird. While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Freebird. Hotel California. Freebird. Bohemian Rhapsody. Freebird. Stairway To Heaven. Freebird. The Boys Are Back In Town. Freebird. Highway to Hell. Freebird. More Than A Feeling. Freebird. Slow Ride. Freebird. Cat Scratch Fever. Freebird. Magic Man. Freebird. Cheap Sunglasses. Freebird.
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#6 Feb 23, 2012
DJ's have nothing to do with what is played, and have not for a long time on 99% of ALL terrestrial radio stations! The songs are programmed into a computer and the computer plays them. The DJ's have no purpose other than to cue in commericals and waste time with inane chatter. No wonder terrestrial radio is dying, since all "classic rock" stations are the same, all country stations are the same, all "modern rock" stations the same, etc. Check out Satellite radio....it is AWESOME!!!
It Is 2012 DUH

AOL

#7 Feb 23, 2012
Dubya Tee Eff wrote:
As far as what Bud plays,give the guy a break. He works at WQUT which means he has to conform to their official daily playlist: Freebird. While My Guitar Gently Weeps. Freebird. Hotel California. Freebird. Bohemian Rhapsody. Freebird. Stairway To Heaven. Freebird. The Boys Are Back In Town. Freebird. Highway to Hell. Freebird. More Than A Feeling. Freebird. Slow Ride. Freebird. Cat Scratch Fever. Freebird. Magic Man. Freebird. Cheap Sunglasses. Freebird.
Man, you hit the nail on the head. This station still thinks it's 1979. I can't believe anybody would ever still listen to this crap.
rock daddy

Elizabethton, TN

#8 Feb 24, 2012
as bad as he is on wqut he is worse on the sports monster he just disagrees to disagree and his reasoning for this is ridiculous i hate tuesdays and thursdays when he is on i wish they would just let booby be by himself callers call in and make bud sound dumber and dumber everyday i dont think he has every watched sports before much less played them

Since: Nov 11

United States

#9 Feb 24, 2012
rock daddy wrote:
as bad as he is on wqut he is worse on the sports monster he just disagrees to disagree and his reasoning for this is ridiculous i hate tuesdays and thursdays when he is on i wish they would just let booby be by himself callers call in and make bud sound dumber and dumber everyday i dont think he has every watched sports before much less played them
Since you feel so strongly about it, you can always address your opinion to the station's program director. Just go to their web page www.640wxsm.com and click on the "about us" tab to find their contact info. It's better than complaining on topix which accomplishes absolutely nothing besides getting positive or negative feedback from others. Don't forget you always have the option of simply not listening if you don't like what you hear.
Blank

Wise, VA

#10 Feb 24, 2012
HA!! I guess Bud or Geri George took time out to rate my post negatively. I would tell them to listen to Tom Petty's "The Last DJ", which slams terrestrial radio, but i am sure they never even heard of it!! If people like regular radio, with its same songs/same bands, 20-25 minutes of commercials & inane chatter per hour, & fake (yes, FAKE) request lines, then hey, by all means listen to it! BUT...if you are a true music fan, check out Satellite radio! It is awesome!!!
heres an idea

Chatsworth, GA

#11 Feb 24, 2012
It Is 2012 DUH wrote:
<quoted text>
Man, you hit the nail on the head. This station still thinks it's 1979. I can't believe anybody would ever still listen to this crap.
there are plenty of other stations to listen to. there are also plenty of people who enjoy this station, but if you aren't one of them, then just turn the dial.
Speaking of radio

Chicago, IL

#12 Feb 25, 2012
WKOS 104.9 turned country today.... What a sad day and a huge mistake for cumulus. I can't believe you have done this.
Jess

Columbus, OH

#13 Feb 25, 2012
Speaking of radio wrote:
WKOS 104.9 turned country today.... What a sad day and a huge mistake for cumulus. I can't believe you have done this.
More changes are on the way with the sister stations.
I dont know

Johnson City, TN

#14 Feb 25, 2012
Speaking of radio wrote:
What was WKOS?
Jess

Columbus, OH

#15 Feb 25, 2012
I dont know wrote:
<quoted text>
What was WKOS?
It was what's known as hot adult contemporary. Regional audience demographics and the almighty dollar are driving the station format changes. The house cleaning will result in DJ changes too as WQUT's Midnight Rambler was the first to 'retire'.
Speaking of radio

Chicago, IL

#16 Feb 26, 2012
WKOS went from newer hip hop and rap and r'n'b to dull ass country music.

Makes sense though, they are slowly turning the tricities into a retirement community anyway... Changing it up to appeal to old people and old money to fuel their greed.

Wqut was one of my other favorite stations, but i don't think I can support them anymore.... But you know what, the rambler sucked anyway.
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#17 Feb 28, 2012
In the terrestrial radio world, all stations are the same: All "classic rock" stations the same, all country stations the same, all "modern rock" stations the same, etc. Zzzzzzz!!
just me

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Mar 28, 2012
First Bud could care less what you think..and I can say that for the other jocks at Cumulus/WQUT
as for Jess being so IN THE KNOW. I would like to know where this radio guru gets all this FALSE information.
Rambler is OLD and after you get a certain age, well, you don't HAVE to work anymore, and I'm pretty sure Mike doesn't really NEED to come to WQUT once a month for you idiots to put him down some more.
How about this. You all think you can do better, well, the station is located in Gray on Freehill road..go apply.
Let's see how GREAT you are.
Hoss

Johnson City, TN

#19 Mar 29, 2012
just me wrote:
First Bud could care less what you think..and I can say that for the other jocks at Cumulus/WQUT
as for Jess being so IN THE KNOW. I would like to know where this radio guru gets all this FALSE information.
Rambler is OLD and after you get a certain age, well, you don't HAVE to work anymore, and I'm pretty sure Mike doesn't really NEED to come to WQUT once a month for you idiots to put him down some more.
How about this. You all think you can do better, well, the station is located in Gray on Freehill road..go apply.
Let's see how GREAT you are.
LOL...well...isn't the WQUT/Cumulus employee quite sensitive to the criticism! If I were forced to guess, I'd have to lay money on this being the great Bud himself.

Dubya Tee Eff's post was spot on. Whoever you are, you can absolutely NOT deny that playlist. It's SO VERY TIRING. I've switched stations and haven't ever looked back. There are classic rock stations out there that "get" it. WQUT is not one of them. You guys are simply going through the motions with your music programming. I'm not belittling the things you do in the community, but even Bud, or whoever this is, has to agree...it's time to refresh the playlist! Music is king, man, and you're killing us with the monotony.
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#20 Apr 16, 2012
Hoss wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...well...isn't the WQUT/Cumulus employee quite sensitive to the criticism! If I were forced to guess, I'd have to lay money on this being the great Bud himself.
Dubya Tee Eff's post was spot on. Whoever you are, you can absolutely NOT deny that playlist. It's SO VERY TIRING. I've switched stations and haven't ever looked back. There are classic rock stations out there that "get" it. WQUT is not one of them. You guys are simply going through the motions with your music programming. I'm not belittling the things you do in the community, but even Bud, or whoever this is, has to agree...it's time to refresh the playlist! Music is king, man, and you're killing us with the monotony.
Screw regular radio! Check out satellite radio...it is awesome!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buttercup Bakery closes in downtown Erwin 5 hr liloleme 36
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 5 hr bonee26 352
Review: Peak Geomatics Land Surveyors 5 hr Shoun 5
Lowes, Johnson City Homewrecker 6 hr haterofhomewreckers 1
Review: Atomik Comiks (May '13) 7 hr Heather 16
Home generator question 8 hr ThinkAgain 4
American Water Heater (Jan '12) 21 hr Loves blondes 114
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web