WQUT's Midnight Rambler - Original or Imposter?

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Yep Its Me Carl

Walland, TN

#3 Feb 16, 2010
Yep, well, I reckon yoins is a wonderin why I'm here. Well, I reckon I be needin to 'splain it to youins. I hears theys a sumbody a tryin' to sound like me, be like me on that there radio. Septin he jus' likes to talk funny. People have said they like the way I talk. I like the way they talk too. Anyhow, goin' to find me some potted meat, french fried pataters, or sum mustard and biscuits. Alrighty then! But youins can hear me on the last Saturday of da month on QUT. They are a callin me the Midnight Rambler now. Don't know why? I kinda like the name Carl. It's what my Momma and Daddy gave me. UmHum! Yep.
Fan of Carl

Knoxville, TN

#4 Feb 16, 2010
No one cares about that show. Burnt to the ground years ago.

Some Transvestite in leather and a wig dancing around with ballet gloves on. Someone posted that he was recently seen entering the Flaming Rainbows Club on the strip.

You tell 'em Carl!
Another Fan of Carl

Knoxville, TN

#5 Feb 16, 2010
You tell them Carl. Someone using YOUR voice to get on the radio. What a shame. And changed YOUR name from Carl to Midnight Rambler. And took your hillbilly shoes and replaced them with HOMOGENIC boots, nylon gloves, and masochistic neck rings. What a shame that an ICON like Carl should be so humiliated. Shame on WQUT.

p.s. And they are STILL begging for money to keep this guy on the radio. Shouldn't someone have a clue in his fans of 12 that NO ONE ELSE wants to hear him, that's why he has no FANS!!!!!
laffingravy

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Feb 16, 2010
I remember Mike from back in the day. Heck,I even remember him before he was the Rambler as a dj on an Elizabethton am radio station when he was known as "the strange one", playing Alice Cooper on a hick station. That didn't last long. Used to go visit when he was living out close to Boone Lake and hanging with Lilly A. I think he got it together and became a Christian and left the Rambler days behind. His radio voice was going bad at the time and maybe he has returned to WQUT, but I doubt it. I'm afraid the music we hear today is a little too lame for his format. Anyhow, good luck to you Mike, wherever you may be! And y'all lay off Karl!
Your Daddy Thats Who

Knoxville, TN

#7 Feb 17, 2010
laffingravy. You are actually very correct. He (Mike) did become a Christian, and was actually a very good radio personality. But although he changed his persoanl life, his professional life was (branded) as an extremist, or rather rebellious, and although he left a large footprint in the audible arena, he could not overcome his now famous radio persona. He lost his fight with heart disease, and is now buried in Washington County. The individual that now claims to be the Tennessee Midnight Rambler is just that. Legally, his stamp is correct, BUT THE ORIGINAL 'MIDNIGHT RAMBLER' was a much better DJ, a much better personality, and from my opinions as a former friend of his, a much better person. Rest in Peace Mike. You must be turning over listening to this imposter!!!!
Friend of Mike

Walland, TN

#8 Feb 20, 2010
Your Daddy Thats Who wrote:
laffingravy. You are actually very correct. He (Mike) did become a Christian, and was actually a very good radio personality. But although he changed his persoanl life, his professional life was (branded) as an extremist, or rather rebellious, and although he left a large footprint in the audible arena, he could not overcome his now famous radio persona. He lost his fight with heart disease, and is now buried in Washington County. The individual that now claims to be the Tennessee Midnight Rambler is just that. Legally, his stamp is correct, BUT THE ORIGINAL 'MIDNIGHT RAMBLER' was a much better DJ, a much better personality, and from my opinions as a former friend of his, a much better person. Rest in Peace Mike. You must be turning over listening to this imposter!!!!
I knew Mike as well. Wild guy at one time, but yes, a very good guy as well. Those that new him both on his wild side and his religious side I feel would agree that he was definfitely much happier in the latter.

And yes, this 'Tennessee Midnight Rambler' is an imitator of the original! And the vulgarity?! It obviously doesn't work, as his fans total maybe 14 or 15. Says alot when you have to beg for monetary support from those listening. Kinda like the guy standing at the intersection with a sign saying Need Help..Vietnam Veteran (although he is maybe 40 at most). He's a fake too because the Nam war was over before this scamming loser every entered high school. Same grade of character and integrity as far as I am concerned.
Affirm

Knoxville, TN

#9 Feb 21, 2010
This new DJ is a complete loser. Seriously, go to the site and just see how completely bizarre the posts THERE are. Some seriously warped people on there. And the sound bites from this idiots show is comical. HE'S A COMPLETE IDIOT who can probably be seen on the Sexual Offenders Registry as well as his site.
Expose This

AOL

#10 Feb 21, 2010
Affirm wrote:
This new DJ is a complete loser. Seriously, go to the site and just see how completely bizarre the posts THERE are. Some seriously warped people on there. And the sound bites from this idiots show is comical. HE'S A COMPLETE IDIOT who can probably be seen on the Sexual Offenders Registry as well as his site.
So, what's this new piece of shit impersonators name?
I knew the real deal and this guy ain't him.
SaltShaker

Wise, VA

#11 Feb 22, 2010
WHo cares? Terrestrial radio is dying, and it is dying by SUICIDE!! Check out satellite radio!!
Maybe Not

Knoxville, TN

#12 Feb 22, 2010
SaltShaker wrote:
WHo cares? Terrestrial radio is dying, and it is dying by SUICIDE!! Check out satellite radio!!
I respect your opinion, however, market media forecasts, along with listeners polls (Rolling Stone Magazine, January 2010, People Magazine, August 2009, and several other national publications)reveal that most listeners are tuning back to the free airwaves versus satellite. This, either in whole or in part, is due to ever increasing fees, and vast amounts of infringement being exposed by satellite market mediums. This, combined with stronger station signals (FCC de-regulation of wattage per district), and streaming has allowed more to enjoy the free airwaves versus 'pay per hear' markets. But thank you for your input. And to answer your question as to who cares: We do! Those that knew the real Midnight Rambler, not this low budget knock off that WQUT has put a mask on. Embarassing for WQUT, and Michael, who created the character.
Airwave Freedom

Walland, TN

#13 Feb 22, 2010
"Sat" radio is fading in its popularity. Just ask anyone that is in ad sales or media marketing for that particular medium.

It appears that the one that CONTINUES to post its so-called domination over free air radio is in that professional. I would suggest another line of work before you are standing in line with the others at the Department of Labor seeking unemployment benefits. But best of luck anyhow.
laffingravy

Johnson City, TN

#14 Feb 22, 2010
Your Daddy Thats Who wrote:
I'm saddened to hear that Mike has passed away. He was one of the most talented and original guys I ever knew. Shameful how we all grow apart as time goes by. May he rest in peace.
This Thread is A Joke

Knoxville, TN

#15 Feb 23, 2010
Whats a matter laffingravy, forget to change your ip address from your last post?
Quit talking to yourself under all those diffrent screennames dumbass!
If you want to trash someone, at least say the truth and STOP LYING!
You are a worthless piece of sh!t.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Dr Phil

White Pine, TN

#16 Feb 26, 2010
This Thread is A Joke wrote:
Whats a matter laffingravy, forget to change your ip address from your last post?
I don't know who you are, but just rest assured that when your mom and dad divorce, they WILL remain brother and sister. That should comfort you some, as you obviously have severe anger issues. Clinically, you have clear symptoms of headupyouranus! Therapy would help, but you need to accept that you have a problem first. And yes, this Tennessee Midnight Rambler is an obvious imposter. WQUT is removing him from the air in the very near future.
laffingravy

Johnson City, TN

#17 Feb 26, 2010
This Thread is A Joke wrote:
Thread, you need to sober up before you get on the computer. You are tripping. I am and always will be Laffingravy, one and the same. Your "expert" tracking of IP addresses is matter of your own imagination. Have a nice day.
Boondocks

Knoxville, TN

#18 Feb 27, 2010
Hey laffingravy. The person that wrote that post is obviously a monkey-spank momma's boy. Don't allow IT to disrupt your input on this thread.

We called the QUT radio station tonight to express our concerns over this imposter, and surprisingly enough, THEY HUNG UP! Can't imagine why? Ha! This 'Rambler' is such a fake. And his music SUCKS! And yes, he still has the same old 12 fans coughing up the funds for his show. Some people just don't seem to know what to do with their government check I guess.
And that Bob's Dairyland commercial is as stupid as can possibly be imagined.
LMAO

AOL

#19 Feb 28, 2010
They hung up on you because they don't waste their time talking with fools. Did you all enjoy the show?
LONG LIVE RAMBLER ROCKNROLL!!!!!!!!!!
Fan of the Original

Walland, TN

#20 Feb 28, 2010
LMAO wrote:
They hung up on you because they don't waste their time talking with fools. Did you all enjoy the show?
LONG LIVE RAMBLER ROCKNROLL!!!!!!!!!!
YOU must be one of the 12 (yes, twelve) fans that this imposter has. Look at the message board on the site. His fan base basically doesn't exist. If you are such a fan, and this guy is supposedly so well liked, then why does he and his small dozen have to BEG for support. He has two sponsors...Bob's Dairyland and Wall to Wall storage. That's it. Even WQUT won't sponsor this guy. You may want to seek help for this dillusional perception that you have that this guy is authentic. He's an imposter, AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT!
ROCKIN IT

Jefferson City, TN

#21 Mar 19, 2010
HE HAS GOTTEN OLDER..MUCH OLDER AND HIS VOICE HAS CHANGED A LOT..CAN'T DO IT LIKE HE USE TO!!
nordistrom

AOL

#22 Mar 20, 2010
People, face the facts. The Midnight Rambler is history. Mike James was the one and only. Whoever this bogus Rambler is, he has not a chance of pulling it off like the original. Not only is the music not fitting, the time is long gone. Let's remember the Rambler as he was. Mayhaps the New Rambler needs to play some Afro-Need a Beat Hip-Hop Wigger crap for the new generation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Furniture store (Mar '14) 42 min Lois 10
Mahoneys, Johnson city, (Nov '07) 47 min JC Fan 125
The Bible as TN's official state book 2 hr richlandshumanists 25
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 2 hr Tanya 624
Looking for a SugarDaddy (Sep '10) 3 hr Hill Billy Boy 17
What has happened to Morgan King on Daytime Tri... (Oct '14) 5 hr geez 63
WJHL - Sara Diamond vs. Kylee McGivern 5 hr They need a makeover 11
More from around the web

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE