Best place to sell GOLD
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jane

United States

#1 Nov 13, 2010
Where is the best place around to sell gold?
Jane

United States

#3 Nov 18, 2010
NO way! Dont happen to know who owns it? Thanks for the advise though!
SEll Gold

Salt Lake City, UT

#4 Jun 3, 2011
This is true---to sell gold is now a hard process. I don't know why that is. WOW! Your friend seriously got ripped off. You have to be careful when selling your gold!
Robert T

Madison, TN

#5 Jul 25, 2011
Whatever...u probably buying gold yourself Repro Man and want to make other people look bad...that's bad business!! I went in there myself and they told me to shop around cause the beat anyone's price and they did! And that isn't from just someone I know...I can say that personally!
walrus

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jul 25, 2011
Honestly, the businesses that pay cash for gold are going to take you to the cleaners. That's their job. Some will give you the scrap gold price and resale the jewelry right out for up to a 300% profit. I recommend you use either Ebay or Craigslist to sell your gold. Private party sales are most reliable. At least go to a pawn shop and expect them to offer 1/3 of the value price to give you a ballpark figure. Estimate your gold value based on the current price based on the carat and expect at least a 66% return or hang on to it. Always keep your settings. Timing is critical, always check the current prices. Here's a link to the current prices:http://www.goldprice.or g/scrap-gold-price-calculator. html
Kathy M

Madison, TN

#7 Jul 26, 2011
I had some gold I was wanting to sell awhile back & tried putting it on ebay & craigslist...after about 2 months of a lot of missed appointments to see my jewelry & spam I gave up! Just wasn't worth the time & energy! You can get the most for your jewelry if you sell it to a private party but no one right now is buying much jewelry in this economy. People are more concern with paying rent & buying food then buying diamonds & gold lol. But I did take it to a cash for gold place in JC and felt they did give me a fair price. My advice is to go in educated on what you have!
stickybear

United States

#8 Aug 5, 2011
There are a couple of good places in Johnson City that buy it. They are part of a larger company that covers all of the tri-cities area and some a little further south. This is their facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/gbgoldbuyers
funny stuff

Jonesville, VA

#9 Aug 5, 2011
Robert T and Kathy M are the same person...and they really want you to take your gold to....Cash for gold lollololol
thewalrus

Johnson City, TN

#10 Aug 13, 2011
I just sold my gold recently, with the spike up in prices. I went and checked prices in numerous places ,which can be incredibly frustrating. Stickybear, I think I ended up selling to the same people as you did, although i found out about them here: http://www.gbgoldbuyers.com/ , when searching the web for places to sell to. They were the most willing to work with me to get what i wanted out of it. I also liked the fact that their store wasn't in a bad/shady part of town like some similar places I went to.
Jack R

Elizabethton, TN

#11 Sep 14, 2011
I just sold my gold to Tri-City Gold Buyers. I went to 5 places and their offer was over $100 more than the next closest offer. I had over $700 worth and they really treated me right. They are in Gray in the building where Video Magic used to be. I also went back to them and sold some silver coins. Again, they did me right.
Jack R

Elizabethton, TN

#12 Sep 15, 2011
I sent my brother to that place in Gray to sell his class ring and they paid him $50 more than the other 2 places he went offered him.

I did a little searching and found their website. In case anyone wants to know it is: http://www.tricitygoldbuyers.com/
gov

United States

#13 Sep 15, 2011
Jack R wrote:
I sent my brother to that place in Gray to sell his class ring and they paid him $50 more than the other 2 places he went offered him.
I did a little searching and found their website. In case anyone wants to know it is: http://www.tricitygoldbuyers.com/
people do your research. If this is the place by subway they were giving 6 dollars less per gram for 14k than Dempseys and 7 less than diamond exchange. Compare for yourself. Always better to trust businesses that have been around and will be around than fly by nights.
Jack R

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Sep 16, 2011
gov wrote:
<quoted text>people do your research. If this is the place by subway they were giving 6 dollars less per gram for 14k than Dempseys and 7 less than diamond exchange. Compare for yourself. Always better to trust businesses that have been around and will be around than fly by nights.
This is NOT the place by Subway! It is in the old Video Magic building. I also went to the place by subway and their offer was so low I thought they were joking. I have sold at Diamond Exchange before and they do pay a fair price but Tricity Gold Buyers paid me more.
Midnight Ghost

Sevierville, TN

#15 Sep 21, 2011
The best group in Tennessee that I have found is called U. S. Gold Buyers. They have a store in Greenville and Morristown. Buyers took time with my mom to explain what she had. When she hesitated to sell, they told to shop around and come back. She did and they paid her much more. My mom is hard to please, but she loves the people at the Greenville store. I went to Morristown, because it was close and all I had was a class ring. The diamond store offered me $80 and as I walked out he went to $100. I got $165 at mom's store.
Jack pot

United States

#16 Sep 28, 2011
Mels in downtown Jc
Trey

Cookeville, TN

#17 Oct 2, 2011
I would actually take gold to Jewelers Market in Greeneville. My stepdad runs the store and is extremely fair in what he pays. He's actually had some of the "Buy Gold Here" people looked at by the cops for ripping people off
Chris

Williamsburg, VA

#18 Dec 2, 2011
Jane wrote:
Where is the best place around to sell gold?
Hands down a website called goldbuygoldenrule.com I researched a lot and got ripped off a few times by other places, but these guys gave me 140 more then anyone else. And wired the money to my account the next day. Every time I called or emailed they were on it. Best prices hands down. All the othe guys are crap
Goldbug

Lawndale, NC

#19 Dec 5, 2011
Why trade an asset that has been treasured since the beginning of written history for useless paper? Guess that's why those buying gold drive Italian sports cars and live in castles and the ones selling drive jalopies...
Jane Phelps

Johnson City, TN

#20 Dec 6, 2011
I had some gold to sell and after reading these reviews I decided to try 3 of the places listed here. The first 2 were in Johnson City. One offered me $520 and the 2nd only offered $450. I told them I had already been offered $520 and they then offered me $530. Next I went to Tri City Gold Buyers in Gray and they offered me $875 right off the bat! I am planning on taking some silver coins back in a few days. Very honest place to deal with. I highly recommend them.
Shelly

Johnson City, TN

#21 Dec 17, 2011
thewalrus wrote:
I just sold my gold recently, with the spike up in prices. I went and checked prices in numerous places ,which can be incredibly frustrating. Stickybear, I think I ended up selling to the same people as you did, although i found out about them here: http://www.gbgoldbuyers.com/ , when searching the web for places to sell to. They were the most willing to work with me to get what i wanted out of it. I also liked the fact that their store wasn't in a bad/shady part of town like some similar places I went to.
I am glad you were happy with them, but I don't think they are the best place to go. I took some items to them aftter reading this and they offered me $105. Since Tri City Gold Buyers was just down the road and they seemed to have good reviews here, I took my items to them for a 2nd offer. They paid me $175! This is the place I will go if I have anything else to sell.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
So Long illegals! 2 hr Murika 46
Best Place to get massage in Johnson City Tn or... (Jan '11) 10 hr Carefree 45
Dr Goen (Apr '16) 10 hr Silly J C 18
help 14 hr Wonder 16
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 21 hr Kill the reds 1,669
DRUG DEALERS in Johnson City (Jun '12) 21 hr Kill the reds 32
Washington County Schools (May '16) 23 hr Tiger 36

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance