ads for a new haunted house in johnso...

ads for a new haunted house in johnson city. i am appalled.

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concernedcitizen

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jan 1, 2012
recently while on facebook i saw an ad for a place called the abyss that said it was opening in johnson city this fall. after viewing there page it appears the place is to be a haunted house but what troubles me and should trouble any good citizen is the place seems to promote things like "sex gore rock n roll" and "your souls tormentors" on their ads and flyers and had several devils markings on their page as well. please tell me us citizens will not allow something like this to go on in an area unprotested.
A mom

United States

#2 Jan 2, 2012
What do devils and gore have to do with haunted houses? Everyone knows that a good haunted house is made of rainbows and purple unicorns.
Are you sure that ad is current? Sounds like it might be an old one since its a little early to be advertising this annual tradition that citizens let come to our town, and pretty much most towns, every October. I personally do not like haunted houses, but I would see no reason to say, protest Fenders Farm bc they offer a haunted maze that some families enjoy together.
I think there is enough real evil in the tricities. If you want to protest evil, I will happily join you outside any of the area churches that preach hate from the pulpit, or businesses that prey on the poor & uneducated.
sacrilicious

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jan 4, 2012
concernedcitizen wrote:
recently while on facebook i saw an ad for a place called the abyss that said it was opening in johnson city this fall. after viewing there page it appears the place is to be a haunted house but what troubles me and should trouble any good citizen is the place seems to promote things like "sex gore rock n roll" and "your souls tormentors" on their ads and flyers and had several devils markings on their page as well. please tell me us citizens will not allow something like this to go on in an area unprotested.
Hey, I had never heard of this before. But now that you've drawn attention to it, I will be sure to check it out and let many others know about it too. THANKS! See ya in your nightmares.:D
Fred G

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jan 7, 2012
Sweet! I can't wait to go. This is exactly what JC needed.:)

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#5 Jan 9, 2012
concernedcitizen wrote:
Freedom of religion. Not a Christian nation. Nobody protests your church. Please stop your crap before people do start protesting your church.
witness

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Mar 20, 2012
their ads have gotten more agressive featuring pentagrams, half naked women, and inverted crosses. lets protest 'em!
wow

United States

#7 Mar 20, 2012
Haha. I'm the half naked women! Get a life losers
Progress please

Johnson City, TN

#8 Mar 20, 2012
Concernedcitizen :
The Salem Witch Trials of 1692 has called & requested that you get back in the time machine you are hiding in your basement & come back to the exact time where you belong. Salem, Mass. needs your help with public hangings & to throw a few stones upon those who do not think in the oppressive way that you do. Be concerned with the issues of 2012, not those of 1692! Geez, I really hope this was a joke or troll looking for a response.
Progress please

Johnson City, TN

#9 Mar 20, 2012
Guy Mann-Dood wrote:
<quoted text>
Freedom of religion. Not a Christian nation. Nobody protests your church. Please stop your crap before people do start protesting your church.
Agreed!
anna wynn

Chatsworth, GA

#10 Mar 20, 2012
I cant wait for this to open. Its going to be awesome!!!!
witness

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Mar 20, 2012
http://www.facebook.com/TheAbyssJC

go tell them how you dont approve of their message
Big Daddy C

Hoffman Forest, NC

#12 Mar 20, 2012
Hmmm it seems to me that this nation was founded on freedom of relegion, I'm a Pagan and frankly I'm offended that Christians wanna bash us in the head when we aren't standing outside their church bashing them in the head when they come out of church on Sunday mornings. Stop trying to protect my sensibilities with your Christian values....I support The Abyss
Life is FUN

Johnson City, TN

#13 Mar 20, 2012
witness wrote:
http://www.facebook.com/TheAby ssJC
go tell them how you dont approve of their message
Yeah, & I am sure they will care just as much as the rest of us! You probably go to Gatlinburg all of the time & I would bet that you have been in a couple of Haunted Houses there. Go Protest a Haunted House, and you consider those who don't think like you the Freaks? Let's keep this blog going, as it is good advertisement for the new & more than welcome Haunted House in Johnson City. I had no idea it was coming & now I just wanna get my tickets & support these do-gooders who offer us fun & recreation. Woo Hoo & thanks for heads up cave dwellers! Now seriously, go back to your caves because you're starting to become somewhat annoying.
Lord Abortion

Jonesborough, TN

#14 Mar 21, 2012
The hour of sickness draws near. All faith will be lost. The forces are gathering to rot the Earth. See you all in September.

http://facebook.com/TheAbyssJC
saved

Jonesborough, TN

#15 Mar 22, 2012
these people are evil and corrupting our youth after viewing their facebook i definetely will not be attending this vile place
Funny

Johnson City, TN

#16 Mar 22, 2012
saved wrote:
these people are evil and corrupting our youth after viewing their facebook i definetely will not be attending this vile place
Yeah, Madonna corrupted the youth of the 80's & now Lady Gaga is the new she-devil for this generation. Before that it was Marilyn Monroe & so forth & so on. Funny thing is, when people like this get older they are referred to as "Icons". Hmmmmmm, does it just take time for people to realize that they are being judgemental, self serving & small minded? NOPE, what these types of people (parents) do not understand is that you will push the masses & even your own children to go out & do as you say is bad. Nobody wants to think or be like you, so when you speak up & voice your opinion: you have such little respect that individuals will know to do exactly the opposite so they will not be like you. Keep bashing the Haunted House, it is good advertisement & will draw more ticket consumers ---------->YOU FREAK!
Life is Fun

Johnson City, TN

#17 Mar 22, 2012
Saved & concernedcitizen

You are against the Haunted House because it is non Christian & corruption toward our Christian children huh? Well, you are the typical & hypocritical Christians that we all have learned to loath & that are pushing people away from your religion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween#Christ...

Halloween (All Hallow's Eve) is indeed a Christian Feast & celebration!

Christian influences
Halloween is heavily influenced by the Christian holy days of All Saints' Day (also known as Hallowmas, All Hallows, and Hallowtide) and All Souls' Day.

All Hallows' Eve provided one last chance for the dead to gain vengeance on their enemies before moving onto the next world.[18] To avoid being recognised by a soul, Christians would wear masks and costumes to disguise themselves, following the lighted candles set by others to guide their travel for worship the next day.[18] Today, this practice has been perpetuated through children guising (trick or treating).[18]

There is nothing wrong with believing in something, but if you do believe: At LEAST know why you believe that way!
concernedcitizen

Hiltons, VA

#18 Mar 23, 2012
all these children having people try to corrupt their minds and take them to the dark side. the end is near. the time is nigh. dont support evil places like this. they will be the end of your soul.
Not buyinit

United States

#19 Mar 23, 2012
Good god people grow the eff up its all fun an fictional if u all spent more time enjoying life and stop bible thumping si hard maybe u could relax point is strip clubs are bad and you don't go there so if u don't want to see it don't go there what a bunch of whine bags
I Call BS

United States

#20 Mar 23, 2012
I don't think you have anything to worry about. This "Abyss" is totally bogus. They have gone so far as to make a color ad and a facebook page, however something just doesn't ring true about it. No one has asked the obvious question of why they are only using a facebook page and not a genuine website. Answer, because it's free. Secondly, why are they advertising a haunted attraction in March? Offering a chance to win tickets for sharing it on facebook in March. Doesn't sound like intelligent marketing to me. Sounds like a spam site used to collect Facebook names. What next? Are they going to advertise their bogus Christmas in lights attraction in March also? Absolutely brilliant marketing I say! Let's have a valid street address or website for this place so we can show that it is probably some 13 year old kid sitting in his room making all of this up. I call B.S. on this one. They have gotten Concernedcitizen riled up and ready to picket the place with no proof it even exists. They have to do better than some poorly done photoshop poster.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Psych dr in Johnson city 1 hr Arc 1
Dont deal woth STEWART HILL AUCTION 4 hr Marge 1
Liars For Jesus Go Directly To Hell (May '11) 8 hr Eternal Creature 41
Get Amy Lynn fired from Daytime Tri-Cities!!! (Jan '11) 16 hr Nippy 159
News Tennessee paramedic dies in accident during tra... Fri MisterMoonlight 3
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Fri Tanya 1,514
Child support w/o visitation Fri Fact 8

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance