Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9755 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

WOW

Lexington, TN

#10162 Aug 20, 2014
thoughtful wrote:
All I have to say is this: When these horrible diseases were rampant, someone figured out how to stop them and they were pretty much wiped off the face of the earth in AMERICA. Other countries did not follow us and the diseases are still there. If immunization causes autism, why weren't our parents wracked with it? Remember that our country is being overrun with people who have none of this lifesaving science. In light of what is happening at out border, I'd rather be safe than sorry. They are bringing back diseases that we haven't seen in 50 years. Really, just think about it..... Be rational
The concerns of vaccinating 30 or 40 years ago have been magnified exponentially since that time.
Children who were fully vaccinated according to the schedule in the early 1980's (the earliest schedule published by the CDC) received the following vaccines:
2 months: DTP and polio
4 months: DTP and polio
6 months: DTP
15 months: MMR
18 months: DTP and polio
4-6 years: DTP and polio
The only vaccine after age 6 was tetanus booster every 10 years.
__________

Children vaccinated according to the 2014 schedule receive the following vaccines:

Prenatal: influenza, TDaP
Birth: Hepatitis B
2 mos: Hepatitis B, Rotavirus, DTaP, Haemophilus B, pneumococcus, polio

4 mos: Rotavirus, DTaP, Haemophilus B, pneumococcus, polio

6 mos: Hepatitis B, Rotavirus, DTaP, Haemophilus B, pneumococcus, polio, influenza

15 months: DTaP, Haemophilus B, pneumococcus, polio, influenza, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis A, Meningococcal (in "high-risk" groups)

18 months: influenza
2 years: influenza
3 years: influenza
4 years: influenza
5 years: influenza
6 years: influenza

4-6 years: DTaP, pneumococcus, polio, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis A ("high-risk" groups)

Now, there is an entire additional schedule for kids age 6.

In the 1980s, children received 23 vaccines by the time they were 18 years old.

In 2014, they receive 29 vaccines by the time they are six months old.

72 vaccines by age 18.

In the 1980s the rate of autism was 1 in 10,000.
In 2014 the rate in 12 year-olds is 1 in 68. The rate in 3 year-olds is 1 in 21.
By 2025, the rate of "autism" will be 1 in 2.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10163 Aug 20, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The concerns of vaccinating 30 or 40 years ago have been magnified exponentially since that time.
Children who were fully vaccinated according to the schedule in the early 1980's (the earliest schedule published by the CDC) received the following vaccines:
2 months: DTP and polio
4 months: DTP and polio
6 months: DTP
15 months: MMR
18 months: DTP and polio
4-6 years: DTP and polio
The only vaccine after age 6 was tetanus booster every 10 years.
__________
Children vaccinated according to the 2014 schedule receive the following vaccines:
Prenatal: influenza, TDaP
Birth: Hepatitis B
2 mos: Hepatitis B, Rotavirus, DTaP, Haemophilus B, pneumococcus, polio
4 mos: Rotavirus, DTaP, Haemophilus B, pneumococcus, polio
6 mos: Hepatitis B, Rotavirus, DTaP, Haemophilus B, pneumococcus, polio, influenza
15 months: DTaP, Haemophilus B, pneumococcus, polio, influenza, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis A, Meningococcal (in "high-risk" groups)
18 months: influenza
2 years: influenza
3 years: influenza
4 years: influenza
5 years: influenza
6 years: influenza
4-6 years: DTaP, pneumococcus, polio, MMR, Varicella, Hepatitis A ("high-risk" groups)
Now, there is an entire additional schedule for kids age 6.
In the 1980s, children received 23 vaccines by the time they were 18 years old.
In 2014, they receive 29 vaccines by the time they are six months old.
72 vaccines by age 18.
In the 1980s the rate of autism was 1 in 10,000.
In 2014 the rate in 12 year-olds is 1 in 68. The rate in 3 year-olds is 1 in 21.
By 2025, the rate of "autism" will be 1 in 2.
How many of those have you and or your children taken? Why won't you answer this?
WOW

Lexington, TN

#10164 Aug 20, 2014
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>How many of those have you and or your children taken? Why won't you answer this?
I don't know why you insist on making this personal.

I haven't asked for any personal information from anyone on this thread.
It isn't my business.
Trusting an industry that has the monopoly on a product, writes their own safety studies, and has no liability in any of it intrigues me.

So, while you demand explanations of studies and so on and so fourth....

I'm going to continue to post studies which bring the question of integrity of this industry.

As you can see from many of the posts here, many parents don't know there are exemptions, "no shots, no school" is a lie.

There are plenty of reasons to question this industry.
You don't seem to question any of it. That's your prerogative.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10165 Aug 20, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why you insist on making this personal.
I haven't asked for any personal information from anyone on this thread.
It isn't my business.
Trusting an industry that has the monopoly on a product, writes their own safety studies, and has no liability in any of it intrigues me.
So, while you demand explanations of studies and so on and so fourth....
I'm going to continue to post studies which bring the question of integrity of this industry.
As you can see from many of the posts here, many parents don't know there are exemptions, "no shots, no school" is a lie.
There are plenty of reasons to question this industry.
You don't seem to question any of it. That's your prerogative.
It isn't personal. You just published a list of immunizations that applies to everyone. It is relevant because you espouse to have others NOT get immunizations. If you have never had any that bolsters you claim, on the other hand if you and / or your children have received imunnizations that makes you, well, a hypocrite, which I suspect you are..
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10166 Aug 20, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why you insist on making this personal.
I haven't asked for any personal information from anyone on this thread.
It isn't my business.
Trusting an industry that has the monopoly on a product, writes their own safety studies, and has no liability in any of it intrigues me.
So, while you demand explanations of studies and so on and so fourth....
I'm going to continue to post studies which bring the question of integrity of this industry.
As you can see from many of the posts here, many parents don't know there are exemptions, "no shots, no school" is a lie.
There are plenty of reasons to question this industry.
You don't seem to question any of it. That's your prerogative.
You have not posted ONE credible, scientifically proven
study. Not even one.
WOW

Lexington, TN

#10167 Aug 20, 2014
WTH wrote:
You just published a list of immunizations that applies to everyone. It is relevant because you espouse to have others NOT get immunizations.
I've done no such thing.
The studies I've posted have been published in respected journals.

An industry which is allowed to have unlimited profits with zero accountability all while mandated through an incestuous relationship with government is an invitation to fraud.

I gave you the example of a genetically susceptible subset of individuals where researchers found a link between vaccines and autism.
The original study (paid for by the vaccine patent holders) was proved to be false.

Now, I'm going to continue to post studies linking vaccines to injuries. You're welcome to go nuts all day calling me names and questioning my motives.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10168 Aug 20, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done no such thing.
The studies I've posted have been published in respected journals.
An industry which is allowed to have unlimited profits with zero accountability all while mandated through an incestuous relationship with government is an invitation to fraud.
I gave you the example of a genetically susceptible subset of individuals where researchers found a link between vaccines and autism.
The original study (paid for by the vaccine patent holders) was proved to be false.
Now, I'm going to continue to post studies linking vaccines to injuries. You're welcome to go nuts all day calling me names and questioning my motives.
Have you or your children been immunized? It's a simple question, really. One that you won't answer, because I suspect you and all your children have always been immunized as normal. Your doctor has advised you and you do it, don't you? That would make you what? A HYPOCRITE. That isn't name calling BTW, its a fact.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10169 Aug 20, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done no such thing.
The studies I've posted have been published in respected journals.
An industry which is allowed to have unlimited profits with zero accountability all while mandated through an incestuous relationship with government is an invitation to fraud.
I gave you the example of a genetically susceptible subset of individuals where researchers found a link between vaccines and autism.
The original study (paid for by the vaccine patent holders) was proved to be false.
Now, I'm going to continue to post studies linking vaccines to injuries. You're welcome to go nuts all day calling me names and questioning my motives.
Fake.... fake.... fake.....
TheRealZeke

Paris, TN

#10170 Aug 20, 2014
WOW wrote:
<quoted text>
I've done no such thing.
The studies I've posted have been published in respected journals.
An industry which is allowed to have unlimited profits with zero accountability all while mandated through an incestuous relationship with government is an invitation to fraud.
I gave you the example of a genetically susceptible subset of individuals where researchers found a link between vaccines and autism.
The original study (paid for by the vaccine patent holders) was proved to be false.
Now, I'm going to continue to post studies linking vaccines to injuries. You're welcome to go nuts all day calling me names and questioning my motives.
Let's suppose the articles are as you say.

The problem remains: you don't understand enough science to interpret the articles.
WOW

Lexington, TN

#10171 Aug 21, 2014
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16079072
This study demonstrates clearly and unequivocally that ethyl mercury, the kind of mercury found in vaccines, remains in brain tissue. This work is groundbreaking because little is known about ethyl mercury, and many health authorities have asserted that the mercury found in vaccines is the "safe kind." This study also delivers a strong rebuke of the Institute of Medicine's recommendation in 2004 to no longer pursue the mercury-autism connection.
http://www.ageofautism.com/paul-offit-is-wron...
CBS, no longer hosts this video.
With so much money riding on advertising from pharma, and Dr. Healy now deceased, the band plays on.
WOW

Lexington, TN

#10172 Aug 21, 2014
The elderly

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/cdc-flu-vaccine-o...

&fe ature=youtu.be&a

Kids
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/05/...

Flu shots are already being pushed this season.

What's in your vaccine?
TheRealZeke

Paris, TN

#10173 Aug 21, 2014
WOW wrote:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pu bmed/16079072
This study demonstrates clearly and unequivocally that ethyl mercury, the kind of mercury found in vaccines, remains in brain tissue. This work is groundbreaking because little is known about ethyl mercury, and many health authorities have asserted that the mercury found in vaccines is the "safe kind." This study also delivers a strong rebuke of the Institute of Medicine's recommendation in 2004 to no longer pursue the mercury-autism connection.
http://www.ageofautism.com/paul-offit-is-wron...
CBS, no longer hosts this video.
With so much money riding on advertising from pharma, and Dr. Healy now deceased, the band plays on.
As usual your understanding of the results in the nih article are queationable.

Exactly what in the NIH article are you using to support your claim. And just what is the claim you are making.

Direct quotes required here.
WOW

Lexington, TN

#10174 Aug 21, 2014
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1...

Look at the science when comparing ingestion of methyl mercury and injection of ethyl mercury we see that the ethyl mercury monkeys had higher levels of mercury in the kidneys when compared to the methyl mercury monkeys cited in this study.
Ethyl mercury clears the blood at a higher rate but both mercury compounds uptake in tissues about the same (~4-7 ng/g and ~10 ng/g, respectively). The concentration of total inorganic mercury in the brain of the thimerosal-exposed monkeys was much higher.

"The concentration of total inorganic mercury in the brains of the thimerosal-exposed monkeys is up to 4.6 times higher than in the blood at 2 days after the last injection. The ratio increased as the sacrifices were performed at longer duration from the last dose."

Also they discovered that thimerosal injected monkeys had higher uptake of disposition fate of INORGANIC MERCURY PARTICULARLY IN THE BRAIN that was associated with microglia activation.
Inorganic mercury can stay in the brain for the duration of a patients life.
WOW

Lexington, TN

#10175 Aug 21, 2014
*uptake to disposition RATE of inorganic...

typo, my bad.
maybree

United States

#10176 Aug 21, 2014
If you choose public school for your kids, they should get the vaccines. Some children depend on herd immunity. It's selfish not to vaccinate.
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10177 Aug 21, 2014
WOW wrote:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm c/articles/PMC1280342/
Look at the science when comparing ingestion of methyl mercury and injection of ethyl mercury we see that the ethyl mercury monkeys had higher levels of mercury in the kidneys when compared to the methyl mercury monkeys cited in this study.
Ethyl mercury clears the blood at a higher rate but both mercury compounds uptake in tissues about the same (~4-7 ng/g and ~10 ng/g, respectively). The concentration of total inorganic mercury in the brain of the thimerosal-exposed monkeys was much higher.
"The concentration of total inorganic mercury in the brains of the thimerosal-exposed monkeys is up to 4.6 times higher than in the blood at 2 days after the last injection. The ratio increased as the sacrifices were performed at longer duration from the last dose."
Also they discovered that thimerosal injected monkeys had higher uptake of disposition fate of INORGANIC MERCURY PARTICULARLY IN THE BRAIN that was associated with microglia activation.
Inorganic mercury can stay in the brain for the duration of a patients life.
Wrong and not a valid study. Fake.
wow

Lexington, TN

#10178 Aug 21, 2014
WTH wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong and not a valid study. Fake.
That's your specific scientific answer? Wrong? Fake?

LOLOLOLOL
WTH

Knoxville, TN

#10179 Aug 22, 2014
wow wrote:
<quoted text>
That's your specific scientific answer? Wrong? Fake?
LOLOLOLOL
Yes, science is not required to see what fake and incorrect crap you post claiming it is valid research. Only dumbasses believe that crap.
WOW

Lexington, TN

#10183 Aug 22, 2014
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22099159...

Excerpt:

"Immune challenges during early development, including those vaccine-induced, can lead to permanent detrimental alterations of the brain and immune function........ Because children may be most at risk of vaccine-induced complications, a rigourous evaluation of the vaccine-related adverse health impacts in the pediatric population is urgently needed."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22099159...

Excerpt:

"The application of the Hill's criteria to these data indicates that the correlation between Al in vaccines and ASD may be causal."
WOW

Lexington, TN

#10184 Aug 22, 2014
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21568886

Excerpt:

"In particular, aluminum in adjuvant form carries a risk for autoimmunity, long-term brain inflammation and associated neurological complications and may thus have profound and widespread adverse health consequences."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
washington county detention center (Feb '13) 2 hr Gigger Please 24
Took it off? 5 hr CallsEm 4
Muslim Contributions to America? 17 hr Ole Sandman hatin... 61
Doe Ridge apartments 18 hr wings 1
William Clever- FNP (Jun '11) 23 hr ihearstupitpeople 64
Updated JC Wife video Wed Not Guilty 76
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Wed DonotBeThatNaive 1,640

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages