Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

May 4, 2011 Full story: Chattanoogan.com 9,564

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Full Story
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7500 May 10, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
You may think you are old, but you were no in the war of 1812. You never fought for my right to do anything.
As I said before, if you want to be a part of a society where the individual has no responsibility whatsoever, you need to move someplace else. Here your citizenship comes with responsibilities to your fellow citizens.
If you reside in the US legally, and/or if you are a US citizen, yes I did, and so have a lot of other people. If you are neither then you are right, and you need to return to where you legally belong.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#7501 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
General off topic question here.
http://news.yahoo.com/did-imam-really-arabic-...
Is this for real or not? I can't seem to find this on any of the major news networks at all, only on Yahoo News and the Blaze sites.
Apologies for the off .... well, we've kinda been off topic for some time, haven't we? Well, apologies anyway.:-)
Yes I saw this yesterday on another site also.Which one? But not the 2 you mentioned.
I got a statement taken off of here the word Babble is very vulgar.and "asking what mind one might ask "is too much for Topix.
now REALLY?
I think we have an corporate or government agent or something that we must not go against.Well they sure sound like it actually.
"Babble"-Really

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7502 May 10, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
List of WHAT?
I'm asking for hypocrisy on current political issues.
Don't give me: "Oh, in World War One some Democrat was actually of German descent."
Give me an _issue_ that displays hypocrisy on the side of Liberals. You claim that they are all hypocrites, let's have an example from the last 3-4 years.
<quoted text>
Sorry, but that's where you are wrong.
We MUST use the term "Conservative" and "Liberal" because when we talk about Republicans posters like to pretend that Lincoln was on their side.
The parties switch philosophical stances. The stances don't change.
Conservatives supported slavery during the Civil War just like the are anti-immigration today.
From what I've read,(believe it or not, I wasn't alive back then), the White Southern Plantation Owners probably didn't have a Political Affiliation, for the most part. They were only interested in not losing their Labor Force that was making, or had made them rich...and it had cost them practically nothing, but Room and Board. In their Minds, it was all about MONEY...kinda like the TEApublicans of today!
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7503 May 10, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I saw this yesterday on another site also.Which one? But not the 2 you mentioned.
I got a statement taken off of here the word Babble is very vulgar.and "asking what mind one might ask "is too much for Topix.
now REALLY?
I think we have an corporate or government agent or something that we must not go against.Well they sure sound like it actually.
"Babble"-Really
I've been fishing, but so far no bites. I've had a few nibbles, but they've been minnows. I'm kinda after the big fish, if you know what I mean. It would be just the confirmation I'm looking for. I guess the idea is that there are those prowling these threads, and if I find one I'm gonna poke it with a stick. LOL
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7504 May 10, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I've read,(believe it or not, I wasn't alive back then), the White Southern Plantation Owners probably didn't have a Political Affiliation, for the most part. They were only interested in not losing their Labor Force that was making, or had made them rich...and it had cost them practically nothing, but Room and Board. In their Minds, it was all about MONEY...kinda like the TEApublicans of today!
1812 wasn't about slavery, but Britain's attempt to retake the Colonies, as I recall, and the US kicked their London-derrieres. Been trying to work that one out, but no joy thus far. Slavery was in the 1860's {give or take a bit}.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7505 May 10, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, there was something else to go along with that. Why is it that the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't written until 3 years after South Carolina declared their Independence, 2 years after Fort Sumter, and only sought to free the slaves in Maryland and Virginia; none in the North, and there were slaves aplenty up in Yankee Land.

It is sure easy to blame the South for slavery, but who brought the slaves from Africa? Northerners. Who sold them the slaves? The conquering tribes, arguably almost always black. What were they bought with? Rum and Bibles. Who beat the black slaves? The slave traders and the overseers until they were caught by the plantation owner. How long would slavery have lasted without the War Between the States? Maybe 10 to 15 years because the industrial revolution was beginning and a machine requires less medical care, housing, and feeding than human slaves do.

It never ceases to amaze me how little thought people put into the middle 1800's.

Since: Sep 07

Valley Village, CA

#7506 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
If you reside in the US legally, and/or if you are a US citizen, yes I did, and so have a lot of other people. If you are neither then you are right, and you need to return to where you legally belong.
I'm calling bullshit on this.

There has not be a legitimate threat to the US since 1812.

No war you could possible have fought in has anything to do with my freedoms.

Iraq 1 or 2? Afghanistan? Panama? Grenada? Vietnam? Korea? None of these represented real threats which extended past their borders. Certainly no threat to the US.

If you go back as far as WWII, you can find some bigger players - but even then, no real risk to us. Even if we had sat it out, Germany wouldn't have beat Russia.

So that leaves who? Japan? Laughable. They were hard to beat into submission when they were defending to the last man, but they certainly were no threat to our freedoms.

Only in your wildest dreams can you come up with a scenario that involves Japan taking a single city in California, and even then they couldn't hold it.

So, here you are telling me you fought for MY freedoms. No. You fought (if you fought) for a paycheck and benefits. That's all.

Valley Village, CA

#7507 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
1812 wasn't about slavery, but Britain's attempt to retake the Colonies, as I recall, and the US kicked their London-derrieres. Been trying to work that one out, but no joy thus far. Slavery was in the 1860's {give or take a bit}.
Yes, the war of 1812 involve England invading and sacking out capital. It was the last significant threat we've faced to our "freedoms".

You did not fight off the Brits. You never fought for freedom.

Valley Village, CA

#7508 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah, there was something else to go along with that. Why is it that the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't written until 3 years after South Carolina declared their Independence, 2 years after Fort Sumter, and only sought to free the slaves in Maryland and Virginia; none in the North, and there were slaves aplenty up in Yankee Land.
It is sure easy to blame the South for slavery, but who brought the slaves from Africa? Northerners. Who sold them the slaves? The conquering tribes, arguably almost always black. What were they bought with? Rum and Bibles. Who beat the black slaves? The slave traders and the overseers until they were caught by the plantation owner. How long would slavery have lasted without the War Between the States? Maybe 10 to 15 years because the industrial revolution was beginning and a machine requires less medical care, housing, and feeding than human slaves do.
It never ceases to amaze me how little thought people put into the middle 1800's.
Are you familiar with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck?

You are embarrassing yourself with this garbage.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7509 May 10, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm calling bullshit on this.
There has not be a legitimate threat to the US since 1812.
No war you could possible have fought in has anything to do with my freedoms.
Iraq 1 or 2? Afghanistan? Panama? Grenada? Vietnam? Korea? None of these represented real threats which extended past their borders. Certainly no threat to the US.
If you go back as far as WWII, you can find some bigger players - but even then, no real risk to us. Even if we had sat it out, Germany wouldn't have beat Russia.
So that leaves who? Japan? Laughable. They were hard to beat into submission when they were defending to the last man, but they certainly were no threat to our freedoms.
Only in your wildest dreams can you come up with a scenario that involves Japan taking a single city in California, and even then they couldn't hold it.
So, here you are telling me you fought for MY freedoms. No. You fought (if you fought) for a paycheck and benefits. That's all.
Ah! So that's what you meant. I can actually agree with this post, for the most part anyway.

However, the government you think we should all obey called us to duty, directed us to fight its war, and did this in your name among others. Yeah, we do fight for you, and we die for you as well. Have they been legitimate wars? I would say not, but that doesn't change one thing, Nuggin. If you wish to support this government, then you share in the blood it has shed on both sides, and I do believe one day you'll be called to answer for that blood, every last drop. Be thankful you won't be alone.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7510 May 10, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you familiar with Matt Damon and Ben Affleck?
You are embarrassing yourself with this garbage.
Yeah, second rate actors acclaimed above their talent.

Care to refute what I said? Please, if you can then do it.

Valley Village, CA

#7511 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! So that's what you meant. I can actually agree with this post, for the most part anyway.
However, the government you think we should all obey called us to duty, directed us to fight its war, and did this in your name among others. Yeah, we do fight for you, and we die for you as well. Have they been legitimate wars? I would say not, but that doesn't change one thing, Nuggin. If you wish to support this government, then you share in the blood it has shed on both sides, and I do believe one day you'll be called to answer for that blood, every last drop. Be thankful you won't be alone.
You are claiming that you fought for my freedom.

However, your fight was not for my freedom. Did you fight in Korea? That was a draw. No freedoms at risk.

Did you fight in Vietnam? We LOST Vietnam and yet... all the freedoms are still intact.

Did you fight in something after that? Not if you want to claim that the government asked you to fight.

So, exactly which freedoms were at risk? And why didn't we lose them when we failed to win those wars?

Valley Village, CA

#7512 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, second rate actors acclaimed above their talent.
Care to refute what I said? Please, if you can then do it.
I don't need to refute it. I'm above it.

The reason I bring up Damon and Affleck is best they wrote and starred in "Good Will Hunting" ~15 years ago.

That film has a scene that demonstrates exactly what I'm seeing here. You are acting like a sophomore in college, high on a tidbit of learning and trying to impress people you think are beneath you.

Sadly, the arguments you are posing are EXACTLY the arguments being made by the douchebag in the film.

It's particularly sad.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7513 May 10, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the war of 1812 involve England invading and sacking out capital. It was the last significant threat we've faced to our "freedoms".
You did not fight off the Brits. You never fought for freedom.
I am fighting for freedom right now, and you are, and have been, fighting against it. You seek to strip people of rights, autonomy, and everything that makes a people free. You may not be British, you may not be French {1814}, and you may not be Mexican {1830's}, but you have set yourself against Freedom, and had the audacity to invite me to go to some other country?

What is funny is that I, and every military man and woman serves with the thought that we stand ready to guard the rights protected by the Constitution for each and every person, including you, even while you stab us in the back.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#7514 May 10, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need to refute it. I'm above it.
The reason I bring up Damon and Affleck is best they wrote and starred in "Good Will Hunting" ~15 years ago.
That film has a scene that demonstrates exactly what I'm seeing here. You are acting like a sophomore in college, high on a tidbit of learning and trying to impress people you think are beneath you.
Sadly, the arguments you are posing are EXACTLY the arguments being made by the douchebag in the film.
It's particularly sad.
You are admitting that your interpretations are based on a film? Here's one for you, "Life is pain, Princess, anyone that says different is selling something." - Princess Bride

My God, I can't even believe you said that.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#7515 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
General off topic question here.
http://news.yahoo.com/did-imam-really-arabic-...
Is this for real or not? I can't seem to find this on any of the major news networks at all, only on Yahoo News and the Blaze sites.
Apologies for the off .... well, we've kinda been off topic for some time, haven't we? Well, apologies anyway.:-)
I'd like to know the answer to that myself. I don't believe anything I read on the Blaze, but I thought Yahoo was fairly reliable.

Valley Village, CA

#7516 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
I am fighting for freedom right now, and you are, and have been, fighting against it. You seek to strip people of rights, autonomy, and everything that makes a people free.
You don't want "freedom". You want anarchy.

You want to be "free" to endanger the lives of other citizens. No society can survive under those circumstances.

Being a part of a society means accepting the responsibilities that come along with the benefits.

In this case, the benefit is health and sanitation. The responsibilities are taxes and vaccination.

You are not "free" to reap the benefits and not take on the responsibilities. You are, however "free" to leave.

Valley Village, CA

#7517 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
What is funny is that I, and every military man and woman serves with the thought that we stand ready to guard the rights protected by the Constitution for each and every person, including you, even while you stab us in the back.
Get over yourself.

At no point did you fight for freedom.

IF you were drafted, then you went because it was your responsibility to do so. And you have been compensated for that work.

That compensation does not include endless bitching about how you saved everyone from some non-existent threat to "freedom".

If you weren't draft, but rather volunteered to go, then you took a job for the pay and benefits. That is all. It may have been a bad decision in hindsight but tough crap.

Stop pretending you're a martyr to some higher cause. Freedom was NEVER at risk. Killing the child of some farmer in Vietnam did not "save" American freedom at all. It was totally irrelevant to everyone but the child and the person shooting him.

Valley Village, CA

#7518 May 10, 2013
Done my homework wrote:
<quoted text>
You are admitting that your interpretations are based on a film?
No, I'm pointing out that even Damon and Affleck 15 years ago were tired of douchebags trotting out their rehashed claims that the civil war wasn't about slavery.

It highlights you as a pseudo-intellectual who doesn't honestly have a grasp of the history. You're a step above a high school student and you think you've reached the mountain top.

You haven't even started your climb.

The Civil War was about slavery. Trying to show it in any other context is like claiming that Iran 1 and 2 had nothing to do with oil. It isn't just the elephant in the room, it's a herd of elephants crammed into an elevator.

IF you continue your education you will _EVENTUALLY_ get to a point where you can see that. You aren't there yet.
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#7519 May 11, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Get over yourself.
At no point did you fight for freedom.
IF you were drafted, then you went because it was your responsibility to do so. And you have been compensated for that work.
That compensation does not include endless bitching about how you saved everyone from some non-existent threat to "freedom".
If you weren't draft, but rather volunteered to go, then you took a job for the pay and benefits. That is all. It may have been a bad decision in hindsight but tough crap.
Stop pretending you're a martyr to some higher cause. Freedom was NEVER at risk. Killing the child of some farmer in Vietnam did not "save" American freedom at all. It was totally irrelevant to everyone but the child and the person shooting him.
You talk about me taking vaccines to protect you from getting what you took the vaccine for and you think it is none of my business about what GMOs might be in the food I eat because you say they said it's fine.I am to not know about food to save other people from starving,because if I won't buy GMOs because I don't know they are great,and I and others like me,will for sure put others at risk for dieing of starvation because Monsanto will go out of business and the world will parish.REALLY?
Was there a life before Big Agra,Big Pharma and Big Wind Bags?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where do people go for assistance with food or ... 2 hr Blablabla 10
ashley and steve grindstaff divorced? 3 hr ghost adventurer 1
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 3 hr Laura in Detroit 251
Tyler Apartments? Other income based apartments? (Sep '13) 4 hr Ew gross 21
any hot single ladies wanna chat 6 hr saralee21 2
Psychiatrist Arrested Lived Next to Towne Acres 7 hr Reverend Earl 5
Russians that used to work at Wal Mart (Jul '11) 19 hr husband 25
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match

Johnson City Jobs