Lamar School Principal Blevins unfair...
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Cherokee Parent

Nashville, TN

#81 Mar 19, 2011
Oh...no, I won't even address you by that any longer, you, charlatan, really amuse me. No, my children don't attend Cherokee Elementary they attend Lamar, home of the "Cherokees" and you have the nerve to call me ignorant; talk about the pot calling the kettle black! This just proves the point I made in an earlier post that you KNOW NOTHING about the situation at Lamar or even what the mascot is. As for "who do think is going to fill these seats?" There were several people to choose from last time and I can assure you there will be even more next time. You say that I'm all mouth and YES I AM when it comes to my son & daughter, I will fight til the bitter end to provide what's best for them!!!!! You talk about a "caring and understanding" person, where was the "caring and understanding" last November when Blevins and Dykes changed my son's trip and used the money he and his class raised to pay for the 7th grades trip? Where was the "caring and understanding" when my son along with several other children came home upset and in tears? Where is the "caring and understanding" now? The answer is NOWHERE, there never was any and there is not any now! I'll leave you with this for now, we as a community put Ervin on the board, defeated the wheel tax and cleaned house at the county commission. As I speak, we are getting the rags, brooms, dustpans, mops, buckets and cleaning supplies ready and we are coming to clean the house of the school board come the next election at which time you will hear not only my MOUTH but hundreds of others as well!
true but

Johnson City, TN

#82 Mar 19, 2011
Cherokee Parent wrote:
Oh...no, I won't even address you by that any longer, you, charlatan, really amuse me. No, my children don't attend Cherokee Elementary they attend Lamar, home of the "Cherokees" and you have the nerve to call me ignorant; talk about the pot calling the kettle black! This just proves the point I made in an earlier post that you KNOW NOTHING about the situation at Lamar or even what the mascot is. As for "who do think is going to fill these seats?" There were several people to choose from last time and I can assure you there will be even more next time. You say that I'm all mouth and YES I AM when it comes to my son & daughter, I will fight til the bitter end to provide what's best for them!!!!! You talk about a "caring and understanding" person, where was the "caring and understanding" last November when Blevins and Dykes changed my son's trip and used the money he and his class raised to pay for the 7th grades trip? Where was the "caring and understanding" when my son along with several other children came home upset and in tears? Where is the "caring and understanding" now? The answer is NOWHERE, there never was any and there is not any now! I'll leave you with this for now, we as a community put Ervin on the board, defeated the wheel tax and cleaned house at the county commission. As I speak, we are getting the rags, brooms, dustpans, mops, buckets and cleaning supplies ready and we are coming to clean the house of the school board come the next election at which time you will hear not only my MOUTH but hundreds of others as well!
Ervin and Blevins are good friends and his 7th grade daughters benefitted from trip change that screwed over the 8th graders. Jack Leonard assured me no one asked to speak because the chairman was going to allow them. Boardmembers Ganger, Leonard, McLain and probably Hammond , Mabe and Williams were willing to overturn Blevins stupidity. The bitter Blevins has lost the confidence of the majority of the board and most in central office. So in the end she loses. She has lost support, respect,her dignity (from her actions and her use of profanity). The majority of the SS parents we have spoke to think she is a joke and are worried she will try to become principal of Sulphur Springs. DOCTOR Blevins as she demands to be called is A BIG FAT JOKE WITH NO RESPECT FROM HER PEERS AND COMMUNITY(MAJORITY).
Cherokee Parent

Nashville, TN

#83 Mar 24, 2011
If they would overturn anything Blevins has done it would be a shock, but if the did they would have a ton of support behind them, at least from our area. What I just cannot understand is, why is it they can't do what's RIGHT for a change and fix what is WRONG!
curious

United States

#84 Mar 26, 2011
Cherokee Parent wrote:
If they would overturn anything Blevins has done it would be a shock, but if the did they would have a ton of support behind them, at least from our area. What I just cannot understand is, why is it they can't do what's RIGHT for a change and fix what is WRONG!
. You have been told by several what to do in order to see change with Ms Blevins. CALL JACK LEONARD, BILL BRINKLEY AND DAVID HAMMOND. Request to speak at the next meeting, get some of the Parents who are so upset and go speak your mind! Otherwise, stop fussing about something that they cannot change unless you go before them! If you want to see change so bad, you will not find it on here! You have to make an effort!
Cherokee Parent

Nashville, TN

#85 Apr 4, 2011
As I said before, we are sick and tired of having to do jobs they were hired to do! They are just trying to cover up what my sons teachers and Blevins did this year! VOTE THEM ALL OUT and we can start to get rid of these people and get some that REALLY CARE!
get real

Jonesborough, TN

#86 Apr 4, 2011
Cherokee Parent wrote:
As I said before, we are sick and tired of having to do jobs they were hired to do! They are just trying to cover up what my sons teachers and Blevins did this year! VOTE THEM ALL OUT and we can start to get rid of these people and get some that REALLY CARE!
You truly don't get it. The board members are not mind readers. You have to call them, inform them, and request to speak before the full board. If you feel central office did not give the board your written request to speak then be smart and call each member and let them know you did so. If you have a credible complaint and feel you are right-show your kids you stand on principle regardless of the circumstances instead of cowardly hiding behind a computer whining.
What have you accomplished? NOTHING!!!
Boo

Kingsport, TN

#87 Apr 7, 2011
/yawn
not surprised

Nashville, TN

#88 Apr 19, 2011
you folks should sue their ass
another problem

Nashville, TN

#89 Apr 25, 2011
If ya have children at Lamar School, check with them and see if they have been bullied or had feces thrown and smeared on them the last few days. Some kids brought bags of feces to school and were smearing it on other kids and their stuff. Some of them had to wear the soiled clothes for the rest of the school day and their parents were not even contacted to bring in a change of clothes or to take their child home for a bath.
parent

Nashville, TN

#90 Apr 25, 2011
another problem wrote:
If ya have children at Lamar School, check with them and see if they have been bullied or had feces thrown and smeared on them the last few days. Some kids brought bags of feces to school and were smearing it on other kids and their stuff. Some of them had to wear the soiled clothes for the rest of the school day and their parents were not even contacted to bring in a change of clothes or to take their child home for a bath.
If those running the Washington County School System allow that to happen to my child, rest assured they will be in Federal Court and the State and Federal Government will be getting involved.
another parent

Nashville, TN

#91 Apr 25, 2011
another problem wrote:
Has anyone called the state health dept. or juv. services? Call all the national t.v. programs. One of these would probably do a report. If you embarrass them, the school system will have to do something.
Lamar Parent

Johnson City, TN

#92 May 4, 2012
Things are no better now!!! If we are going to change things we need to start with a new school board. Why are Unicoi County 7th graders going to Nashville but Washington County 7th graders are going on a "Educational" trip to Dollywood. A board member said its all in how you interpret the law. Well it looks like we need to get some new faces on the school board. And they preach and preach about parent participation but don't allow parents on any field trips at least for the older kids. No parents allowed on the Dollywood trip. Well if that is the case then it should be NO parents its not right to let parents go if they work for the school system no parents should mean no parents!!!
facts

Johnson City, TN

#93 May 4, 2012
Lamar Parent wrote:
Things are no better now!!! If we are going to change things we need to start with a new school board. Why are Unicoi County 7th graders going to Nashville but Washington County 7th graders are going on a "Educational" trip to Dollywood. A board member said its all in how you interpret the law. Well it looks like we need to get some new faces on the school board. And they preach and preach about parent participation but don't allow parents on any field trips at least for the older kids. No parents allowed on the Dollywood trip. Well if that is the case then it should be NO parents its not right to let parents go if they work for the school system no parents should mean no parents!!!
It is overnight trips that were cut out due to new state law putting financial burden on local school sytems. It is up to the Principals and parents at each school as to where feild trips are allowed.
facts

Johnson City, TN

#94 May 4, 2012
Lamar Parent wrote:
Move to Unicoi.
parent

Johnson City, TN

#95 May 5, 2012
facts wrote:
<quoted text>Move to Unicoi.
Boy aren't you warm, its folks like you that would make people want to leave. Run away thats the answer to everything. You must be on the board!!!
Gone Now

Johnson City, TN

#96 May 8, 2012
I thought Mrs. Blevins was gone. Why are you still complaining about the trip? I have a son that will be attending kindergarten in the fall.
RNS

Jonesborough, TN

#97 Apr 15, 2014
screwed wrote:
Boardmember Williams when contacted about the unfair ballgame entry for cafeteria people, Teacher assistants and bus drivers said it was decided by an athletic committee which Blevins is on and was adamant about changes. So Blevins thinks she and teachers are better than everyone else. Maybe if she stayed at school more often she would see how valuable employees are.
The assistants always whine that they are not treated fairly. Some of them are so very lazy. They could not possibly work anywhere else. There is one who works at BCE who says she would rather work at Walmart. Well, Janice Halman you would have to work there.
Geez what BS

Abingdon, VA

#98 Apr 16, 2014
RNS wrote:
<quoted text>
The assistants always whine that they are not treated fairly. Some of them are so very lazy. They could not possibly work anywhere else. There is one who works at BCE who says she would rather work at Walmart. Well, Janice Halman you would have to work there.
Has she left for Walmart yet? What is stopping her? Are they not hiring? No one says she has to stay there and be miserable.
Honestly

Jonesborough, TN

#99 Apr 16, 2014
Geez what BS wrote:
<quoted text>
Has she left for Walmart yet? What is stopping her? Are they not hiring? No one says she has to stay there and be miserable.
You would have to work if you went to Walmart. So to answer your question no she has not left. You are very correct she does not have to stay. She enjoys complaining.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tax And Spend David Tomita 46 min JC Voter 17
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 1 hr Self Serving 165
Drs willing to treat pain management aggressive... (Jul '12) 4 hr NoJoke 46
TNGA Rep. Micah Van Huss: Employed by JC Suboxo... 8 hr Elmer Gantry 2
News Meet Donny Reagan, America's Most Racist Pastor? (Feb '14) 9 hr Vol fan 367
Anthony Bell 17 hr Crazy 4
Liars For Jesus Go Directly To Hell (May '11) 18 hr Eternal Creature 50
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Thu Tanya 1,525

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages