concerned

Johnson City, TN

#22 Mar 1, 2011
ahhh but they dont worship god, they worship william branham, and thats the same as worshiping the goat on the alter.

No man should be worshiped. exp not a batchit crazy one like he was
The Chorus

Chatsworth, GA

#24 Mar 7, 2011
Please, get it right If she did a 360 turn around she didn't change at all. It is supposed to be a 180 turn.
'
agreed

AOL

#25 Mar 8, 2011
concerned wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W illiam_M._Branham
I also belong to the church I believe Blah goes to, and it has nothing to do with William Branham.
Its penacostal.
What everyone is talking about William Branham, I think he was completly insane and the people following him are also nuts.
I agree with you about this Branham feller. A false prophet if ever there was one. I am not Pentecostal, but I believe there is no reason to call them a cult. The practices and customs of the Pentecostal church have been around for a long time and seem to remain constant. I cannot help but see that many of the posters here claim to be ever so open minded, tolerant, and supportive of individualism. But let an established religious dogma and practice enter the discussion, and they become some of the biggest hypocrites imaginable. All I can say is that many of these posters are all for anything, except religious belief. I don't think this church is a cult, even if I do not agree with some of their doctrine.
Grumpy

Nashville, TN

#26 Mar 9, 2011
The church is a Pentecostal church.... And the women of the church are not brainwashed. they do not cut their hair and they wear skirts all the time because they believe in their religion. They speak in tongues
when the spirit grabs them. I am sorry that you do not believe in the religion and you are against what they are doing but I know people from that church personally and they are very loving and kind and in now way shape form or fashion are they in a CULT.... You need to get your religions correct...
concerned

Johnson City, TN

#27 Mar 10, 2011
Im sorry but a church following Branham is NOT a true Pentecostal Church.
hhh

Erwin, TN

#28 Mar 11, 2011
friend wrote:
i am a member of that church and i know your friend she made the right choice. it is loving church with people that love the lord. wearing denim skirts is not part of a cult. if a woman wears a pair of denim pants is she in the cult.
that women was my wife an your church ruined my marriage an my family
hhh

Erwin, TN

#29 Mar 11, 2011
that women was my wife an your church ruined my marriage an my family
Zed

Johnson City, TN

#30 Mar 12, 2011
All churches are cults. Look the word up if you have any doubts.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#31 Mar 14, 2011
I take no side on this, I honestly believe church is a place to worship the Lord...and thats it. I do not judge people on their choice of religion or which church they go to. They are adults and can make there own decisions, whether its the right one or the wrong one. And if it is a cult then it their decision to go.
sixsixsix

Nashville, TN

#32 Mar 22, 2011
Satan loves your happiness.
unknown

United States

#33 Apr 16, 2011
thank you for posting this. i recently went to this church bc someone close to me was sucked in by a male figure at the church at it most deffinatly is a cult. i felt weird the whole time i was there and couldnt get the thought that something wasnt right there out of my head so i got online to research it and found this. this reassures me it wasnt just me. these people are seriously crazy, i was pretty freaked out the whole time and i am trying to convince someone who is going there to get away from there. she is thinking about moving up there away from her family to be with a man who attends there. she has already started wearing only skirts and no make up, plain hair, blah blah... THAT PLACE IS A CULT!
Cult investigator

Franklin, TN

#34 Apr 17, 2011
I could tell you about plenty of cults. They usually gather in a place under the code word "churches".
mwale

Zambia

#35 Apr 27, 2011
my own husand has also made a 360 turn from our church to the church were they belive the wiliam brahnam theary,this has shaken our relationship very badly,he doesnt want me to cut my hair,wear trousers.he has stopped watching tv,he cant take me out for dinner or anything. he keeps to himself most of the time, we hardly talk and have fun.all we do is fight en fight as i speak we are on a break from our marriage its over a week now.
i told him they are in cult but he wont listen, he told me he cant live his church for me.this church is real en its bring confusions in homes. and told its cold end time. am happy am not the only one who was thinking crazy about this church, his dressing has changed too. they need to be simple christians
mwale

Zambia

#36 Apr 27, 2011
am speaking from xperince too,i have been happinly marriade to a good man. but ever since he started reading books abt wiliam brahnam, things have changed in the house, he has even joined their church,now since he joined there has been war in our home, he cant watc tv any more. he order me to wear dresses only which i cant,he wont allow me to cut my hair. no outings,dinner out. his reserved now,he likes being alone,this church has brought confusion in our home. i asked him to choose between me and is church he, he said his church that its the only bible beliving church in in the world and he cant go to any other church, am so confused dont know how to go about it and he looks like his losing his mind now coz rooted
believer

Roswell, GA

#37 May 5, 2011
DEUTERONOMY 22:5
5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

-history tells us that women started wearing mens clothing in WWII era when they took the mens jobs. that is also when they started cuttin their hair. they started acting like men.

I CORINTHIANS 11:3-15
3 But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God.
4 Every man praying or prophesying, having his head covered, dishonoureth his head.
5 But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven.
6 For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered.
7 For a man indeed ought not to cover his head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man.
8 For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man.
9 Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man.
10 For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels.
11 Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord.
12 For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God.
13 Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered?
14 Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him?
15 But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering.

believer

Roswell, GA

#38 May 11, 2011
we do cut our nails. that is a silly thing to say. we don't believe that William Branham is Christ.. do you read the Bible? skirts (we wear cloth as well, not just denim) Deuteronomy 22:5 "The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy GOD." (history even tells us that during the WWII era when women took mens place they started to wear pants the mens clothing).. Hair - 1 Corinthians 11:5-15 "But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with [her] head uncovered dishonoureth her head: for that is even all one as if she were shaven. For if the woman be not covered, let her also be shorn: but if it be a shame for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her be covered. For a man indeed ought not to cover [his] head, forasmuch as he is the image and glory of God: but the woman is the glory of the man. For the man is not of the woman; but the woman of the man. Neither was the man created for the woman; but the woman for the man. For this cause ought the woman to have power on her head because of the angels. Nevertheless neither is the man without the woman, neither the woman without the man, in the Lord. For as the woman is of the man, even so is the man also by the woman; but all things of God. Judge in yourselves: is it comely that a woman pray unto God uncovered? Doth not even nature itself teach you, that, if a man have long hair, it is a shame unto him? But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering."
Now about a prophet read Malachi 4, Revelation 3:14-22 and 10:7
Okok

Nashville, TN

#39 May 11, 2011
To believer: u say it is a shame for a man to have long hair. Um didn't Jesus have long hair?
Shoe Shine Boy

Bristol, TN

#40 May 12, 2011
All these christian churches in the Tri- Cities bunch of cults and false prophets; the imbeciles around here are truly brainwashed........90% of the people think their saved and going to heaven
HA Ha Ha
newcomer

Johnson City, TN

#41 May 12, 2011
To believer, I am a born again Christian, but I also have a mind. The two scriptures that you quoted need to be understood in their context. Paul in his letter to the Corinthians was stating Jewish custom to group of Jewish converts to Christianity. Peter (remember him?) instructed those that were sent to convert the Gentiles were specifically instructed not to lay the self made burden that Jewish nations interpetation of the Law made for themselves. Dueteronomy is strictly Jewish law, not Gentile. Jesus Christ came to fulfill the Law and in doing so freed us from the mess that the Jews made out of worshipping God. So, my question is, why do you want to wear that yoke again. Remember Jesus said that, "My yoke is light". He gave us freedom not bondage. The two most important Commandments are to Worship God with all your heart and to love your neighbor as yourself. I see nothing in there about dress or hair or even tattoos, no judgement about appearance. Anyway how you look is not going to get you into heaven, only accepting Jesus Christ as your Living Savior can.
Africa

Brooklyn, NY

#42 May 13, 2011
Can you judge a man before you hear from him?
1-Go the Church Happy valley Church of Jesus Christ website and listern to the whole preaching
or visit their meetings wish I was near there
2-Listern to

visit the website and get it first hand

3-I dont believe rumours I like finding out myself
things like long nails sound false. I do this when I meet people and you will be surprised how rumours are lies

4-Can you judge a man before you hear from him?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grace Baptist Church Jc TN (May '10) 3 hr Dan 6
Eh Puto 4 hr Teddy Bear 1
Johnson City Yankees (Feb '15) 6 hr Lowell 6
I Miss Anna Zook! 13 hr You know it is true 12
washington county detention center (Feb '13) 13 hr You know it is true 29
Grindstaff Automotive Group (Sep '10) Sat My My My 36
Gray Principal Sat Please be a rumor 10

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance