Luvai J J

United States

#228 Jun 2, 2013
Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
wich day are we in bretheren?
Am happy to realise that the elijah here is William Marrion Branham.
Luvai J J

United States

#229 Jun 2, 2013
KENNETH LUVAI wrote:
I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY, SO I DON'T FELLOWSHIP AT HAPPAY VALLEY. I KNOW THE TEACHING OF HAPPY VALLEY CHURCH. IT IS A BIBLE BASED CHURCH AND NOT A CULT. EVERYTHING THEY PREACH IS BASED ON THE BIBLE. THOSE PEOPLE THAT SAY HAPPY VALLEY IS A CULT THEY ARE THEMSELVES MEMBERS OF CULTS SINCE THEY DON'T BASE MOST OF THIER TEACHING FROM THE BIBLE.
I THINK THE LADY DID A GOOD THING TO ACCEPT WHAT HAPPY VALLEY TEACHES, AND I AM GLAD THAT SHE NOW WEARS LIK A CHRISTIAN LADY.k
LONG TROUSERS BELONG TO MEN WHILE DRESSES BELONG TO WOMEN.jini
HAPPY VALLEY CHURCH PREACHES AGAINST GAY WHICH THE BIBLE ALSO CONDEMNS. MANY DENOMINATIONS INCLUDING BAPTIST CHURCH THINK THAT A MAN CAN MARRY ANOTHER MAN OR LIVE A SODOMITE LIFE - eg BISHOP EDDY LONG WHO IS A BAPTIST.
I HAVE READ MORE ABOUT WILLIAM BRANHAM, WHAT I CAN SAY ABOUT HIM IS THAT HE WAS A MAN OF GOD. A TRUE CHRISTIAN DOES NOT WORSHIP BRANHAM BUT RESPECT HIM AS A PROPHET FROM GOD SINCE GOD VINDICATED WHAT HE TAUGHT TO BE FROM HIM HENCE FOUND IN THE BIBLE.
Amen bro

Since: Jan 13

Europe

#230 Jul 1, 2013
Luvai J J wrote:
Malachi 4:5 Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
4:6 And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.
wich day are we in bretheren?
Am happy to realise that the elijah here is William Marrion Branham.
Branham can't be. The audience to whom Malachi's work is addressed was the nation of Israel. Elijah was sent to Israel in the person of John the baptist.
joyg

Johnson City, TN

#231 Jul 1, 2013
Steonaer wrote:
<quoted text>
Branham can't be. The audience to whom Malachi's work is addressed was the nation of Israel. Elijah was sent to Israel in the person of John the baptist.
William Branham might not be who you desire to have as your prophet, but its not your choice!!! God said that he would send YOU( the you that could receive him) Elijah the prophet,just because YOU are not the one that God was talking about, I am the YOU, and I am so thankful to GOD for sending Bro Branham with this end time message!!! Repent or perish!!!!!

Europe

#232 Jul 2, 2013
Malachi 3:1
''The oracle of the word of the LORD to Israel through
Malachi.''
right there, God makes it clear who he is speaking to. Israel.

Europe

#233 Jul 2, 2013
Branham taught many heresies including but not limited to the following:-

1) The serpent had sex with Eve and Cain was their biological son.

2) God the father and Jesus Christ are the same person in two offices or forms.

3) The zodiac was the first bible God gave man, they pyramids the second and the current one the third.

4) God promised an Elijah to the gentiles.

5) Branham is the Elijah of Malachi 4, the seventh angel of revelation 10:7, and the angel to the church of Laodecia, all wrapped up into one super-figure, super-prophet, whose teachings must be accepted if anyone is to be saved.

I spent two long decades in his cult movement.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#234 Jul 2, 2013
Steonaer wrote:
Branham taught many heresies including but not limited to the following:-
1) The serpent had sex with Eve and Cain was their biological son.
2) God the father and Jesus Christ are the same person in two offices or forms.
3) The zodiac was the first bible God gave man, they pyramids the second and the current one the third.
4) God promised an Elijah to the gentiles.
5) Branham is the Elijah of Malachi 4, the seventh angel of revelation 10:7, and the angel to the church of Laodecia, all wrapped up into one super-figure, super-prophet, whose teachings must be accepted if anyone is to be saved.
I spent two long decades in his cult movement.
Ok I don't disagree with most of what you said but the one thing this false prophet had right is "Oness". There's so much scripture to prove that The God head is all in Jesus. If God's spirit is all powerful and everywhere, then there is no room nor place for an "all powerful" spirit even if it is the son of God. There was an acutally human body that was fathered by the almighty when he overshadowed Mary with the Holy Spirit, and yes that body was the "Son of God". But the spirit dwelling within that body giving it life was... IS the spirit of God almighty. And Jesus when he was resurected became our road, our gate to God. The flesh couldn't be worshipped he wouldn't let them worship him. But now he is eternal but only has life through the Spirit of God. So therefore he is God. God don't go by our logic he chose the foolish things to confound the wise. No man can come to the Father except through Jesus. Don't you get it? When Jesus was on earth he was the son of God but now he sits on God's throne. This after God said that he won't share his glory with another. Say what you want about this false prophet and I'll agree with most of it but this he had right.

Europe

#235 Jul 2, 2013
Happy Dad wrote:
<quoted text>Ok I don't disagree with most of what you said but the one thing this false prophet had right is "Oness". There's so much scripture to prove that The God head is all in Jesus. If God's spirit is all powerful and everywhere, then there is no room nor place for an "all powerful" spirit even if it is the son of God. There was an acutally human body that was fathered by the almighty when he overshadowed Mary with the Holy Spirit, and yes that body was the "Son of God". But the spirit dwelling within that body giving it life was... IS the spirit of God almighty. And Jesus when he was resurected became our road, our gate to God. The flesh couldn't be worshipped he wouldn't let them worship him. But now he is eternal but only has life through the Spirit of God. So therefore he is God. God don't go by our logic he chose the foolish things to confound the wise. No man can come to the Father except through Jesus. Don't you get it? When Jesus was on earth he was the son of God but now he sits on God's throne. This after God said that he won't share his glory with another. Say what you want about this false prophet and I'll agree with most of it but this he had right.
Hey there happy dad.. This oneness language suggesting that the son of God is a 'body' or simply 'flesh' is what leads to misleading conclusions... Jesus the son of God isn't an impersonal mass but a full personal entitity enjoying a true personal relationship with the person of the father... Two different persons... Father and son.

Europe

#236 Jul 2, 2013
To make Jesus and his father the same person is to falsify the dominant light in which the two are portrayed in the bible and to reduce Christ's communications with his father to empty soliloquies.

Location hidden

#237 Jul 2, 2013
Steonaer wrote:
To make Jesus and his father the same person is to falsify the dominant light in which the two are portrayed in the bible and to reduce Christ's communications with his father to empty soliloquies.
Not true. That's only true if you want to see it that way but scripturally it's spelled out very clear.
Jesus said, "I and my Father are one". He also said to Philip "if you've seen me, you've seen the father." The Apostle Paul talking about Jesus said, "in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily." God isn't a person. He is God. Jesus is in our simple understanding his son. But when the flesh was glorified that outward tabernacle disolved... Also scripture and revealed the spirit, which is God. Jesus is the mediator he is the vehicle of grace he is the high priest.... And the sacrifice..... Not two persons there either. There's more but you only will see what you want.

Location hidden

#238 Jul 2, 2013
Steonaer wrote:
Not empty soliloquies at all. These communications as you call them were definite proof of what I've already said. Jesus was a man just like me and you. No actually more like Adam was before he sinned. A man who's purpose it was to take away the sins of the world. No mere man could do that and since there isn't another God ,God made bare his own right arm. Also scripture a prophecy about Jesus.

Europe

#239 Jul 2, 2013
Happy Dad wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. That's only true if you want to see it that way but scripturally it's spelled out very clear.
Jesus said, "I and my Father are one". He also said to Philip "if you've seen me, you've seen the father." The Apostle Paul talking about Jesus said, "in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily." God isn't a person. He is God. Jesus is in our simple understanding his son. But when the flesh was glorified that outward tabernacle disolved... Also scripture and revealed the spirit, which is God. Jesus is the mediator he is the vehicle of grace he is the high priest.... And the sacrifice..... Not two persons there either. There's more but you only will see what you want.
A spirit can be personal or impersonal. Which one is God? Being spirit does not preclude one from personhood There is no dichotomy at all between spirit and person. This language leads to you conceiving of God like some nebulous impersonal energy. Honestly?
God is spirit. That is his essence. Spirit as contrasted with flesh. But he is personal- a rational subject, center of consciousness possessing will, intellect and emotion.
God the father's person is distinct from that of his son. You must throw out the majority of the bible's depictions of Jesus and his father to believe otherwise. As for the verses affirming unity between God the father and his son I don't see how they challenge the fact laid out everywhere that Jesus and his father are two individuals.

Europe

#240 Jul 2, 2013
Happy Dad wrote:
<quoted text>The Apostle Paul talking about Jesus said, "in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily." God isn't a person... But when the flesh was glorified that outward tabernacle disolved... Also scripture and revealed the spirit, which is God. Jesus is the mediator he is the vehicle of grace he is the high priest.... And the sacrifice..... Not two persons there either. There's more but you only will see what you want.
Luke 24:39 invalidates the idea that Jesus has no body of flesh and bone.
Besides the fact that 'theotetos' which the KJV in colossians 2:9 simply means divine nature, how does that make Jesus his own father?
You say Jesus is the mediator but want to make this meaningless as he is the same person as the father. Mediation requires two parties- one party is God the father. The other is men (human beings). The mediator cannot be the men, neither can he be God the father, if any true mediation is really taking place. Jesus intercedes for us to God the father.
The Tooth Fairy

White Pine, TN

#241 Jul 3, 2013
So much drama over fairy tales. Religion is the most wide-spread mental illness on earth.

Location hidden

#242 Jul 3, 2013
The Tooth Fairy wrote:
So much drama over fairy tales. Religion is the most wide-spread mental illness on earth.
Very true my friend. I don't call myself "religious". However a debate about the Bible isn't "spreading" religions. In fact this sort of debate has done more to destroy faith than any atheist ever will. Religion is man made. Faith is what's important. It's simple you either have it or you don't. I can't force it on you nor would I try. But.... You can't take mind away.:)
Here we go again

Kingsport, TN

#243 Jul 4, 2013
If people want to be Christian, fine, whatever, but it's really silly how hip it's becoming to say that Christianity isn't a religion. It absolutely is. Look the word "religion" up.
OldTennGranny

Johnson City, TN

#244 Jul 4, 2013
Happy Dad wrote:
<quoted text>Not true. That's only true if you want to see it that way but scripturally it's spelled out very clear.
I agree.

Location hidden

#245 Jul 4, 2013
Here we go again wrote:
If people want to be Christian, fine, whatever, but it's really silly how hip it's becoming to say that Christianity isn't a religion. It absolutely is. Look the word "religion" up.
When at any time did anybody on this thread say, "Christianity isn't a religion"? I said, "I don't call myself "religious"." And if you would please take note, the word religious is in quotes. In other words not religious as some people call religious. I also said, "religion is man made. Faith is what's important." Maybe you should look up the word "faith". And stop trying to sound cool. "Hip" is a 70s word. SMH...
Whole picture

Johnson City, TN

#246 Jul 7, 2013
Read all of Galations chapter 5 ,use not liberty for the occasion to the flesh, and read 1st Timothy chapter 2 read the whole chapter and especially verse 9 and 10 women are to dress with shamefaced ness in modesty and they are to continue in the faith and charity and holiness with sobriety. The word holiness according to strongs means to make holy, to purify, to sanctify, sanctification means cleaned and set aside. Also according to strongs the word sobriety means soundness of mind, sanity or self- controll. The word sanity according to Webster means the state of being sane and Webster says that the word sane means mentally sound, especially able to anticipate and appraise the effect of ones actions . So Paul is telling us that a woman should continue to dress and have the type of lifestyle that would be in the faith and love and in holiness in such a manner that a sane person would live ( anticipate how her actions would effect other men and women around her. If you just take a look at a natural man one that is not being led by the spirit and crucifying the flesh, science has proven that most men are stimulated by what they see while most women in general are stimulated by flirting and a deep emotional attachment etc... Also the scripture says in Romans 12 that we are to present our bodies a living sacrifice , holy, acceptable unto God, which is our reasonable service. And be not conformed to the image of this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your, mind that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect will of God. Note the sacrifices in old testament were lambs etc... That were without blemish so the blood of Christ has made us spotless and were told we should continue living spotless, cleaned and set aside from the world (holy) and we are told that this is reasonable service or this is what God expects of you after you being boutght with a price and in 1 John 2:1 we are told not to sin but if we do we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous. Note Paul clearly states in his letters that adulterers fornicators murders etcc... Will not enter the kingdom we also know that the Sadducees and pharisseees were strict self righteous legalists that Jesus rebuked for inwardly being ravenous wolves vipers etc... And for not having a right heart with God scripture tells us that our righteousness is as filthy rags clearly we see the Jesus Christ as stated in scripture is the righteous one and that he took our sin unrighteousness and took the penalty for that sin (death) he died and rose again and sent us the holy ghost to keep us and to lead and guide us into all truth as he promised ( I will send you another comforter) By accepting Christ for our sins we are now spotless, however according to scripture we are not to continue in sin but to continue in the faith and charity and holiness with sobriety( to accept Christ repent and be baptized and you shall receive the gift of the holy ghost.
Whole picture

Johnson City, TN

#247 Jul 7, 2013
The above was intended to be a reply to newcomer when he stated that the bible did not having any thing to say about appearance since we under a light yoke. Note the yoke was referring to clean and unclean meats sabbaths new moons the law gird about the waist wool garments mixed with others circumsion etc.. Not living a sanctified life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tri Cities Muslims (Feb '16) 12 min just look 160
AutoNation in J.C. 6 hr Waylon 3
heather hankel 6 hr Waylon 3
Fomer Johnson City motels (Jan '12) 16 hr Mr Fass 8
Bringing music to the Tri-Cities 22 hr Marky Billson 7
News Shoplift suspect had 21 aliases (Jun '10) 22 hr hank 3
Eric carter Fri Just wondering 1

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance