FreedomReigns

Anchorage, AK

#188 Apr 12, 2012
Okok wrote:
To believer: u say it is a shame for a man to have long hair. Um didn't Jesus have long hair?
NO! Only in your imagination.
Really

Summerville, GA

#189 Apr 12, 2012
The worst cult in the area for mindless support is the Democratic party. They really demand complete agreement with all their efforts or demonize any thinking person who doesn't agree with the destructive path they have for the nation. Anyone else heard of this cult of the pathetic. I understand they have minions of the devil that must join something called a union.
Joyful

Nashville, TN

#190 Apr 12, 2012
Happy Valley Church is a wonderful church to worship ONE GOD, ONE SAVIOR, ONE LORD which is THE LORD JESUS CHRIST,yes WILLIAM BRANHAM was a prophet to this generation,read MALACHI 4-5-6,No one tells me to wear denim skirts or to have long hair except for the BIBLE and the spirit of God that dwells in my soul,as for the nails thats just a lie from hell,my nails are short.If you want to know the truth why dont you pray and let GOD direct you instead of satans deciples????
KENNETH LUVAI

Elizabeth, NJ

#191 Apr 14, 2012
I LIVE IN NEW JERSEY, SO I DON'T FELLOWSHIP AT HAPPAY VALLEY. I KNOW THE TEACHING OF HAPPY VALLEY CHURCH. IT IS A BIBLE BASED CHURCH AND NOT A CULT. EVERYTHING THEY PREACH IS BASED ON THE BIBLE. THOSE PEOPLE THAT SAY HAPPY VALLEY IS A CULT THEY ARE THEMSELVES MEMBERS OF CULTS SINCE THEY DON'T BASE MOST OF THIER TEACHING FROM THE BIBLE.

I THINK THE LADY DID A GOOD THING TO ACCEPT WHAT HAPPY VALLEY TEACHES, AND I AM GLAD THAT SHE NOW WEARS LIK A CHRISTIAN LADY.
LONG TROUSERS BELONG TO MEN WHILE DRESSES BELONG TO WOMEN.

HAPPY VALLEY CHURCH PREACHES AGAINST GAY WHICH THE BIBLE ALSO CONDEMNS. MANY DENOMINATIONS INCLUDING BAPTIST CHURCH THINK THAT A MAN CAN MARRY ANOTHER MAN OR LIVE A SODOMITE LIFE - eg BISHOP EDDY LONG WHO IS A BAPTIST.

I HAVE READ MORE ABOUT WILLIAM BRANHAM, WHAT I CAN SAY ABOUT HIM IS THAT HE WAS A MAN OF GOD. A TRUE CHRISTIAN DOES NOT WORSHIP BRANHAM BUT RESPECT HIM AS A PROPHET FROM GOD SINCE GOD VINDICATED WHAT HE TAUGHT TO BE FROM HIM HENCE FOUND IN THE BIBLE.
A Christian

Camp, AR

#192 Apr 27, 2012
Dear Friend, I know of this church you speak of, I do not live there nor do I attend that church, but I do know a number of people that attend there. It is NOT a cult! The ladies of this church are NOT made to wear skirts, that is their choice, the pastor doesn't make anyone do anything, he just preaches The Word of God, yes they follow the teachings of William Marrion Branham, who is a Prophet of God. Why don't you go see for yourself! Everyone makes their own choices in life, seems like your friend is trying to better herself so that she is ready when The Lord comes!!! If you go to visit this church just keep an open mind and think positive, isn't that what you would tell someone if they came to your church?
Joseph

Nashville, TN

#193 Apr 30, 2012
Okay this is from a year ago. but I saw this when i typed in my church's name.(I go to church there)
the people there aren't weird and wacky nor crazy. The woman don't go by the "law" as you say, because they have to, but because they want to. We do cut our finger nails. The woman don't cut their hair. They do wear dresses and dress modestly, but they don't dress like they're from the 50's.
before you judge someone, get to know them(:
and as far as what we believe. It's from the Bible. yes it's that simple.
Blank

East Stone Gap, VA

#194 Apr 30, 2012
Nikita wrote:
There's a "gay" cult in JC. They display rainbows so they know each other. They call themselves "family." He's "family" or she's "family." For the most part they hate Christians or conservatives.
Some of the most prominent men and women in Johnson are "family."
Uh..so it's ok for "Christians" or "Conservatives" to hate gays though? wtf....
Duh

Summerville, GA

#195 Apr 30, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>Uh..so it's ok for "Christians" or "Conservatives" to hate gays though? wtf....
There is a difference in hating and finding them immoral and contrary to religious doctrine. But don't worry the PC courts and politicians love gays and hate Christians so you guys are winning.
John J Herrera

Phoenix, AZ

#196 May 6, 2012
The topic is about a cult-like church. Not fashions, but a preacher who instructs women and brainwashes the men since childhood. This is a serious issue.
Dear sir, I am not a member of Happy Valley, I'm not even a resident of Tennessee or any surrounding states, having said that;if you are a prof then you have been educated, I am not. However i believe that we have an absolute standard by which we live and conduct our lives. That absolute is the Bible, if you believe the truths and evidence contained in it then you will read and study to prove whether these things are true or not. Living modestly, not doing the things that are accepted as common everyday occurrences, accepting those things does not make those things right or proper. the topic is about what people believe to be truth. those and all truths are contained in the Scriptures search them for yourself that you will know, don't take anyone's word for it,
"38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. 39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41 I receive not honour from men. 42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you."
John 5:38-42
I write this in peace that you will study these things and not be as most others that they accuse and are opinionated without knowledge. study it out!
"16 These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage. 17 But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; 18 How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. 19 These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit. 20 But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost,"
Jude 1:16-20 you can write me direct at jhn63ataol.com
John J Herrera

Phoenix, AZ

#197 May 6, 2012
Reading all this reminded me exactly why I do not go to church
Sadly you are right, with all the infighting and bickering it is a sad state of affairs. However burying your head in the sand doesn't help you grow or learn the truth. It only keeps you isolated from your fears.
"38 And ye have not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye believe not. 39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. 40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life. 41 I receive not honour from men. 42 But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in you. 43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. 44 How can ye believe, which receive honour one of another, and seek not the honour that cometh from God only? 45 Do not think that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, even Moses, in whom ye trust. 46 For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. 47 But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?" John 5:38-47
"11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; 12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: 13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: 14 That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive; 15 But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:"
Eph 4:11-15
John J Herrera

Phoenix, AZ

#198 May 6, 2012
There is a difference in hating and finding them immoral and contrary to religious doctrine. But don't worry the PC courts and politicians love gays and hate Christians so you guys are winning.

18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. 19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you. 20 Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. 21 But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.
John 15:18-21
pentecostalgirl

Lake Placid, FL

#199 Jun 1, 2012
Wait so when did doing what the Bible says make you part of a cult? Do yall even know what a cult is and have you ever read about William B aside from what your church may or may not teach? You need to do research before you accuse people of being in a cult. I am not siding with either argument I just stating that the Bible is the trure inspired word of God. Does God change?
just sayin

Johnson City, TN

#200 Jun 1, 2012
friend wrote:
i am a member of that church and i know your friend she made the right choice. it is loving church with people that love the lord. wearing denim skirts is not part of a cult. if a woman wears a pair of denim pants is she in the cult.
i know this girl who has long hair, wears denim skirts, no makeup....the whole creepy thing...

yet..she has three kids all by different men. THREE "baby daddies"

can't wear blue jeans, but it's okay to let anybody in the skirt? kind of ironic.
bkh

London, KY

#201 Jun 11, 2012
What wrote:
Anyone who calls themselves a prophet...that' really your first clue that it is more like a cult. This gives the impression that god is not sending him the message but is speaking directly through him, thus giving him a more authority.(see David Koresh)) God is much more concerned with ones salvation than appearances. These "prophets" keep hold of their congregations by imposing rules and regulations than giving the word.
But David Koresh couldn't back up what he believed completely with the bible. His message wasn't vindicated. Bro. Branham's message was vindicated by the word of God and proven to be correct. We are not brainwashed as some has stated but proud to take the word of God and line ourselves up with it. It is only for the elected of God and those that have turned away have done so because they did not believe. That is their right to do so but should they put down those who choose to believe and carry on. I feel for those families who are having problems. I made some mistakes when i first was saved because of not understanding the word of God completely. As a newborn in Christ, we are learning as we go....sometimes we make mistakes and fall but just as a newborn baby we get up and keep trying until we learn how to walk. May God help those who have left the truth and find what will satisfy their soul.
Ashamed

United States

#202 Jun 12, 2012
If people who are slandering these people are baptist I'm sure glad I'm not one. To be a Christian is to be like Christ. I've not seen a post yet that promotes his love . I'm ashamed of you all. And who ever you was mocking speaking in tongues . To defame the Holy Ghost is very dangerous.. Be he assured God is not mocked
pentecostalgirl

Lake Placid, FL

#203 Jun 12, 2012
Ashamed wrote:
If people who are slandering these people are baptist I'm sure glad I'm not one. To be a Christian is to be like Christ. I've not seen a post yet that promotes his love . I'm ashamed of you all. And who ever you was mocking speaking in tongues . To defame the Holy Ghost is very dangerous.. Be he assured God is not mocked
That is right the Bible says that the only sin that cannot be forgiven is the sin of blaspheming the Holy Ghost so you better be careful.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#204 Jun 14, 2012
Joyful wrote:
Happy Valley Church is a wonderful church to worship ONE GOD, ONE SAVIOR, ONE LORD which is THE LORD JESUS CHRIST,yes WILLIAM BRANHAM was a prophet to this generation,read MALACHI 4-5-6,No one tells me to wear denim skirts or to have long hair except for the BIBLE and the spirit of God that dwells in my soul,as for the nails thats just a lie from hell,my nails are short.If you want to know the truth why dont you pray and let GOD direct you instead of satans deciples????
Beware of false prophets.

“The blessings of liberty”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#205 Jun 14, 2012
Blank wrote:
<quoted text>Uh..so it's ok for "Christians" or "Conservatives" to hate gays though? wtf....
No. Only God can hate. He hates with perfect hatred because he's God. True bible based Christians do believe that homosexuality is wrong however. It is in the holy scriptures. Just sayin.
Joyful

Johnson City, TN

#206 Jul 1, 2012
THANK YOU GOD FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE A NUT TO THIS WORLD!!! I LOVE YOUR PROPHET WILLIAM BRANHAM WHICH WAS THE ELIJAH TO THIS AGE WHETHER THEY ACCEPT HIM OR NOT. JUST LIKE IN NOAHS DAY ,HE WAS A NUT ALSO.I WONDER WHAT THOSE WORLDLY BACKSLIDDEN PREACHERS AND LOST SOULS THOUGHT WHEN THE DOOR TO THE ARK WAS CLOSED AND IT STARTED RAINING. IT WAS TOO LATE THEN..QUIT SLANDERING SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, BUT IT HAS TO BE THIS WAY BECAUSE THE SAME EVIL SPIRITS CRUCIFIED THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.I WILL PRAY FOR EACH OF YOU THAT YOU WILL CLOSE YOUR MOUTH AND QUIT SPEAKING DAMNATION ON YOUR SOUL!!!!!
MeAgain

Knoxville, TN

#207 Jul 2, 2012
just sayin wrote:
<quoted text>
i know this girl who has long hair, wears denim skirts, no makeup....the whole creepy thing...
yet..she has three kids all by different men. THREE "baby daddies"
can't wear blue jeans, but it's okay to let anybody in the skirt? kind of ironic.
You don't take the sins of one person and say the whole group is like that! What a stupid statement and shows your ignorance! What's creepy about being modest and decent? It's funny because I think short shorts, low cut shirts and tattoos and piercings are totally creepy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Next Washington County Director of schools 2 hr noway 12
washington co. prisoner for new supertendant. 2 hr noway 6
WCDE Movie Script 2 hr noway 22
I need to suck a $@&* 2 hr Jeff 1
Johnson Shitty 5 hr Nostmoure 32
Divorce lawyer 10 hr Raylin Sutter 10
New World Order taken over by the gays 19 hr No nonsense 1
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Sun sq of PDX 982
More from around the web

Personal Finance