First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Concerned Friend

Johnson City, TN

#1 Feb 17, 2011
One of my fellow church members recently left our freewill baptist church to attend Happy Valley Church of Jesus Christ at the prompting of a new male friend. She had been a member of our church for close to ten years and was very active in the choir and also a Sunday school teacher. I don't know much about this church but if you visit their website they speak about "teaching the faith through prophet William Brahnam and Pastor..." This kind of confused me. My friend has made a 360 change. She has been a member of the church for about 3 months and since then she has not cut her hair or fingernails at all and she doesn't wear anything but dresses and has completely cut herself off from me and the rest of her friends and family. If anyone knows anything about this church or its members, please comment. I would hate to falsely accuse a church, but it seems to be too large a coincidence.
carol

Kingsport, TN

#2 Feb 17, 2011
I have heard the same thing, but cannot say for certain. I am sorry to hear your friend has cut herself off from you, her other friends, and her family.
Prof

Elgin, TX

#3 Feb 17, 2011
She has been brainwashed by the leader of that "cult." Women live by his law. Is she wearing denim skirts yet?
friend

Jonesborough, TN

#4 Feb 24, 2011
i am a member of that church and i know your friend she made the right choice. it is loving church with people that love the lord. wearing denim skirts is not part of a cult. if a woman wears a pair of denim pants is she in the cult.
Prof

United States

#5 Feb 24, 2011
I guess speaking in tongues, wearing your hair in buns and wearing denim skirts because a preacher says so does not constitute a cult? You too are brainwashed. I would be ashamed.
Kyker

Kingsport, TN

#6 Feb 24, 2011
Amilochican machi ty ty.
Womenarefree

Johnson City, TN

#7 Feb 24, 2011
friend wrote:
i am a member of that church and i know your friend she made the right choice. it is loving church with people that love the lord. wearing denim skirts is not part of a cult. if a woman wears a pair of denim pants is she in the cult.
When I was in ETSU, the girls from your church wore denim skirts in PE. How ridiculous is that! They are also instructed not to cut their hair. I don't know anything about what you do in your church, but I would agree that it is a CULT. Why are women given instructions about their appearance? It is demeaning.
MeMeMe

San Jose, CA

#8 Feb 24, 2011
Why is it demeaning? Women wanted to be treated the same as men and now that they are they're complaining. Men are told how to dress, if they can have a beard or not everyday in the workplace as well as other private places so deal with it and welcome to the real world.
Womenarefree

United States

#9 Feb 24, 2011
You are one too. Neandertal. Have fun getting laid. Stick to the topic. You just use the same old tired argument.
Prof

United States

#10 Feb 24, 2011
The topic is about a cult-like church. Not fashions, but a preacher who instructs women and brainwashes the men since childhood. This is a serious issue.
Pastor Tom

Johnson City, TN

#11 Feb 25, 2011
Beware of FALSE prophets!
Kyker

Kingsport, TN

#12 Feb 25, 2011
Mennycholakita hy ty.
SatanRulez

United States

#13 Feb 25, 2011
pastor tom you'll never climb the church's business ladder if you keep wasting time on topix instead of defiling altar boys.
blah

United States

#15 Feb 25, 2011
Prof wrote:
I guess speaking in tongues, wearing your hair in buns and wearing denim skirts because a preacher says so does not constitute a cult? You too are brainwashed. I would be ashamed.
I don't know anything about hair in buns and wearing denim skirts but my church the people always speak in tongues when the spirit grabs them. My grandmother always did, and it was always a powerful moment for me growing up. And we are not in anyway a cult.
Bugman

Kingsport, TN

#16 Feb 25, 2011
I'm mortified.
etowns finest

Homer Glen, IL

#17 Feb 27, 2011
sounds like the devil has dceived several people posting on here this is a church led by thespirit of jesus christ and if you dont know about william branham you should not slander his ministry may god have mercy upon all who blaspheme against christ.
Prof

United States

#18 Feb 28, 2011
So you just equated Branham with Jesus. See folks were beginning to get somewhere with this. Don't most cults always start with a Christ like leader? The pastor is right, beware of false prophets. So why do the women not cut their hair, cut their nails and wear denim skirts? It is cult like. Why do you think Jesus resides in your church?
Nikita

Kingsport, TN

#19 Feb 28, 2011
There's a "gay" cult in JC. They display rainbows so they know each other. They call themselves "family." He's "family" or she's "family." For the most part they hate Christians or conservatives.
Some of the most prominent men and women in Johnson are "family."
concerned

Jonesborough, TN

#20 Feb 28, 2011
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_M._Branh...

I also belong to the church I believe Blah goes to, and it has nothing to do with William Branham.
Its penacostal.

What everyone is talking about William Branham, I think he was completly insane and the people following him are also nuts.
etowns finest

Knoxville, TN

#21 Feb 28, 2011
WAS WILLIAM BRANHAM NUTS FOR PREACHING DIRECTLY FROM GODS WORD THE HOLY BIBLE.DONT THINK SO.ALTHOUGH THERE IS ALOT OF PEOPLE WHOM THEY THINK THEY KNOW GOD AND HIS WORD BUT REALLY DONT KNOW THEMSELVES THEY THINK THEY KNOW WHOM THEIR WORSHIPING

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
muskett bowl 2 hr Parent 3
hair salons/stylist in Jonesborough 5 hr Mareray 4
Ron Dykes Danny Good Vicki Woodward 6 hr punkin 5
Preacher (Feb '13) 7 hr preachers daughter 7
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 15 hr tracey 259
Don Spurrell (Jan '13) 15 hr mpv 40
poorboy lawncare (Mar '14) 16 hr Poorboy joke 11
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match

Johnson City People Search