The Rebuilding of the Mouse’s Ear Exotic Sports Bar in Gray

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Mike

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jan 12, 2013
Business owner Ralph Browning said he has every intention of rebuilding the longstanding establishment, which is located off Tenn. Highway 36 near Bobby Hicks Highway. He states that he would like to have it back open for business by the spring races at Bristol. Will it re-open? Who knows....

Right now the property is not zoned for the business activity that was occurring at the premises before the fire,according to "Rambo" the county attorney.

In the late 1990s, before current county zoning ordinances were in place, the business was “grandfathered in.” Now, the amount of damage would determine whether the owner could rebuild in the same location.

“Washington County could deny a building permit if it is determined that 75 percent or more of the structure would have to be rebuilt,” he said “That’s the threshold. And in this case, they would not be allowed to locate there.”

As reportedon WJHL Washington County Commissioner Roger Nave said that he, Mark Larkey and Mike Ford — the three commissioners who serve the district encompassing Gray — will work to get the full County Commission in agreement to keep the establishment from rising from the ashes.

“The three of us feel like it’s an eyesore,” Nave said.“It’s down, and it needs to stay down.”

So the big question is - Should the owner of the Mouse’s Ear Exotic Sports Bar be allowed to re-open the bar or not?

I have decided to start this discussion topic to use as a intelligent forum with open discussion about the re-building and re-opening of the Mouse's Ear. There is no need to be hateful to each other or try to push your personal beliefs on anyone.
curious

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jan 13, 2013
Has anyone looked to see who owns the nearby properties? Could it be these owners have a fiscal reason to stop the re-building?
Grouseman

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jan 14, 2013
Exotic Sports Bar????? ROTFLMBO!!!!!
Rudolf Happy Pants

Wartburg, TN

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Rebuild the Gray Ballet. Culture is a ....well..beautiful thing! Even a dollar at a time!
luvdemstrippers

Johnson City, TN

#5 Jan 15, 2013
build it back I miss dem titties
RANDY

Belmont, NC

#6 Jan 30, 2013
Is it not still a free country,they should rebuild !
single mother

United States

#7 Jan 30, 2013
Yes they should re build. I was a dancer there & I would go back. Why shouldn't they? Cause it's a strip club? Get over it. Plenty of girls need that job including myself.
show me some melons

Thomasville, NC

#8 Feb 1, 2013
The "Gray Ballet" has been there alot longer than johnson city...just cause they come in and annex up all the farm land and highway road frontage that is no where near the City of JC, they shouldnt be able to change the zoning and tradition of gray. Its all a bunch of malarkey they act like it is some high class area and the mouses ear is going against that. But i guarantee it brings in more people with money in their pocket and more culture than the town of gray has on a regular basis.
thizzy

United States

#9 Feb 4, 2013
single mother wrote:
Yes they should re build. I was a dancer there & I would go back. Why shouldn't they? Cause it's a strip club? Get over it. Plenty of girls need that job including myself.
U can work @ my apartment ...during the day while my gf is at work.....$:-)
YOMAMA

UK

#10 Feb 4, 2013
I have a Homework on this,TBH Allow doing this to a living thingg!! People these daiz-__- lost their lifeeeees
Curious

Winnsboro, SC

#11 Feb 5, 2013
When I open again and how is fuzy holes looking to get laid
XXX

Mountain City, TN

#12 Feb 8, 2013
I guess the women were just too hot there!!!
Muddy

East Stone Gap, VA

#13 Feb 8, 2013
single mother wrote:
Maye if you were NOT A SINGLE MOTHER, and were married, you would not need to strip!!
Rob

Charlotte, NC

#15 Feb 20, 2013
The Gray Ballet will NOT be rebuilt. We the citizens of Gray will NOT allow it!!!
Brandon Stanley

United States

#16 Feb 21, 2013
luvdemstrippers wrote:
build it back I miss dem titties

I heard Brandon Stanley was buying stock with em?
Isabella

Bristol, TN

#17 Feb 22, 2013
Rob wrote:
The Gray Ballet will NOT be rebuilt. We the citizens of Gray will NOT allow it!!!
. I think it should be rebuilt u have no idea what u are talking about its s job and those are hard to come by now I worked their for 3 years and I'm a single mother I think u need to keep your opinion to your self
Nasty

United States

#18 Feb 23, 2013
Muddy wrote:
<quoted text>Maye if you were NOT A SINGLE MOTHER, and were married, you would not need to strip!!
Guess we know why the dad isn't with you.nobody wants to lay next to a dirty woman every night my wife has No need to strip or work. And if she Did it wouldn't be stripping I would hold 3 jobs before I would let her degrade herself.
Rob

Faith, NC

#19 Feb 23, 2013
Isabella wrote:
<quoted text>. I think it should be rebuilt u have no idea what u are talking about its s job and those are hard to come by now I worked their for 3 years and I'm a single mother I think u need to keep your opinion to your self
Why don't you go find a REAL job! It wasn't my fault you spread your legs for fun, and 9 months later out pops hour bastard son. My advice to you is start looking for a job because it won't be built back. I am in the process to make sure The Gray Ballet will be nothing but history!
Isabella

Bristol, TN

#20 Feb 23, 2013
To rob thank u very fucking much I have been married for 12 years and they all have the same dad he was very sick and that is why I had to get a job their so u have no clue what the hell u are talking about so like I said before keep your option to ur self the girls or the business did not bother u so why the hell are u bashing it get a f. Life
Rob

Albemarle, NC

#21 Feb 23, 2013
Isabella wrote:
To rob thank u very fucking much I have been married for 12 years and they all have the same dad he was very sick and that is why I had to get a job their so u have no clue what the hell u are talking about so like I said before keep your option to ur self the girls or the business did not bother u so why the hell are u bashing it get a f. Life
Well, from your last post we can all see The Gray Ballet certainly didn't hire pillars of the community. I'll pray for you in church tomorrow.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get Amy Lynn fired from Daytime Tri-Cities!!! (Jan '11) 1 hr Nuff Jive 150
Michael Brown is Dead, give it a rest 2 hr Nuff Jive 2
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare 6 hr Shyster 25
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 18 hr DonotbesoNaive 311
Buttercup Bakery closes in downtown Erwin Tue StupidStomper 10
hair salons/stylist in Jonesborough Tue New Do 6
CVS North Roan (beside Mall) HATEFUL HATEFUL em... Tue Say something 4
Johnson City Dating
Find my Match

Johnson City People Search