Mark Reynolds Gerbil

Lebanon, TN

#61 Feb 13, 2009
WHATS UP wrote:
OMG, did you see Rob and Josh with the birthday cake this morning? I think they should be called Neil and Bob, because thats what they do! They were all over each other,( gross), lighting the candles together. I hope no gerbils were hurt during the cake lighting ceremony.
Yes I saw that. I know that Josh Smith is married to what we believe to be a woman (one can't really be too sure), but he's absoloutely in love with Rob Williams. I wonder if Rob is wooing him or making advances to him on the set? The sexual tension could be cut with a knife.

Rob's lover must have been pissed to watch that blatant display this morning.
ebmom

Ringgold, GA

#62 Feb 13, 2009
Rob Williams IS gay! Probably why Mark Reynolds hired him.
Mark Reynolds Gerbil

Lebanon, TN

#63 Feb 13, 2009
ebmom wrote:
Rob Williams IS gay! Probably why Mark Reynolds hired him.
Yes, we've established that. He also has to love gerbils and small animals, because there's no way that he'd hire him otherwise.

It's also funny how they had to hire a woman recently - and she's horrible too. Apparently, they made Mark hire one because all he ever hires is other guys.
Belle

Blountville, TN

#64 Feb 13, 2009
Mark Reynolds Gerbil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we've established that. He also has to love gerbils and small animals, because there's no way that he'd hire him otherwise.
It's also funny how they had to hire a woman recently - and she's horrible too. Apparently, they made Mark hire one because all he ever hires is other guys.
Thank goodness I'm not the only one who can't stand the weather girl. Maybe she really isn't a girl though ...

Too bad I didn't get to see Josh and Rob with the birthday cake this morning...actually I'm considering myself lucky on that one.

Since: Sep 08

Johnson City, TN

#65 Feb 13, 2009
Sara Diamond acts like she's doing a show on QVC. How annoying to watch her giggle, laugh, smirk, and otherwise butcher the news. Aren't there any anchors in their 40's or 50's to give a little maturity to WJHL's news programs.

As for Josh and Rob, yes, they do act like a bunch of 13 year old immature brats....just goofing around.

If they can't produce/provide a news broadcast having some level of intelligece, then WJHL should just show reruns of Andy Griffith.

Do you agree?

Johnson City, TN

#66 Feb 13, 2009
diogenes-light wrote:
I heard it was the Bristol Hospital that he had the rodents removed. Is that true? Probably figured Bristol would be a bit less likely to know him. That was 15 or more years ago surly he is too old for such now...
True or not, the legend of Mark and the gerbil has been around for nearly 20 years.

This urban legend is now being told to a new generation of "weather watchers."

You would think he'd do something to debunk the gerbil story. Since he hasn't, and the story has been around for sooooooo long, guess it must be true.

Say it ain't so, Mark!

Johnson City, TN

#67 Feb 13, 2009
Mark Reynolds Gerbil wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we've established that. He also has to love gerbils and small animals. Apparently, they made Mark hire one because all he ever hires is other guys.
Do any of you remember Patrick Sammons? Well, he's now in Washington as a gay rights lobbyist.
Then again, he's been linked with Robin Smith, head of TN GOP.
Mark Reynolds Gerbil

Lebanon, TN

#68 Feb 13, 2009
Just Say So wrote:
<quoted text>
Do any of you remember Patrick Sammons? Well, he's now in Washington as a gay rights lobbyist.
Then again, he's been linked with Robin Smith, head of TN GOP.
AH yes, I remember that guy! We has been linked at the hip with Robin Smith and his GOP bedfellows for quite some time really.

Oh, and he's not a gay rights lobbyist - he's President of the Log Cabin Republicans, the self-hating group of homosexuals that side with the Republican Party
shanks

Nashville, TN

#69 Feb 13, 2009
AmyLynn should join the news team she acts as stupid as the rest of them
Grace

Blountville, TN

#70 Feb 13, 2009
shanks wrote:
AmyLynn should join the news team she acts as stupid as the rest of them
Thank you so much for saying this! She annoys me to no end. I couldn't stand her on WCYB and she is 10x worse now on WJHL.
Old and Curious

Bristol, TN

#71 Feb 13, 2009
Belle you are on topix again, don't you have school work to do.
ohhh really

United States

#72 Feb 13, 2009
Please, say it aint so! I love Rob Wiliams. Oh, well, I don't care. I still love to watch him do the weather. And he's still a heart-Rob! You have a fan club, Rob Williams.(I'm a gurl!)
WHATS UP

Hendersonville, TN

#73 Feb 15, 2009
Amy Lynn is not as bad as $Cashley Grindsdork. Im surprised the self-proclaimed celebrity didnt get the job instead of Amy Lynn. Ohhh really, im sorry, unless you are a furry little gerbil Rob will never ask you out. You should seek love elsewhere!
Hoolahan

United States

#74 Feb 15, 2009
If Rob and Josh were Irish, their names would be: Gerald Fitzpatrick and Patrick Fitzgerald.
Dr Bill

Charlottesville, VA

#75 Feb 16, 2009
Interesting the number of homophobic commentors on this post. I think "thou protesteth too much". Your latent desires are coming through.
There is a device called a "remote". If you don't like a program for whatever reason, use it to change the channel. Mean, adolescent personal attacks are just marks of small-minded people with huge issues, and your comments indicate your own overriding homosexual tendencies.
We all have different tastes, and therefore we all don't have to like a particular person. But to spread malignant lies, especially those that are proven urban legends, just shows how childish you are.
"Tis far worse to keep one's mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt"
No, in case you're wondering, I am neither gay nor am I connected to the WJHL staff in any way. I just think it interesting that those of you would be so bold as to show your own hidden same-sex love by being so apparent with your comments. Likewise those of you who are demonstrating your tiny self-worth by constantly demeaning others for their looks or position in life.
Seek professional help. Now. And stay away from the "mancave". I'm certain that when you get caught in the next sting, you'll have only been there to pick up trash and got caught with your pants down, quite literally.
Dr Bill

Charlottesville, VA

#76 Feb 16, 2009
"Texas judge orders site to identify anonymous trolls, flamers"
By Jacqui Cheng | Last updated February 11, 2009

A Texas judge has ordered an online news site to unveil identifying details about 178 anonymous commenters on the site. The order came after a couple, Mark and Rhonda Lesher, sued the numerous anonymous commenters posting to Topix.com for making what they considered to be "perverted, sick, vile, inhumane accusations" about them.
The Leshers were originally thrust into the Texas spotlight in 2008 after being accused of sexually assaulting an unidentified former client of Mark Lesher. That's when thousands of comments began piling up on the community news aggregator Topix to discuss the sexual assault charges. As with most things on the Internet, many Topix users felt free to let loose with nasty comments about the Leshers.
The Leshers were found not guilty of the charges after a criminal trial. That, however, wasn't the end of the 70-some individual threads posted to Topix about them. "It just... basically made us both feel like common criminals," the Leshers told the Dallas Morning News (via TechDirt). "It's like someone had basically raped us of our reputation and our standing in the community over and over and over again."
That's when the Leshers chose to sue a number of Topix's anonymous commenters (but, interestingly, not Topix itself). The law firm representing the couple, Connor & Demond PLLC in Austin, told Computerworld that the lawsuit was limited specifically to the posters whose statements were considered defamatory under Texas law.
The complaint filed by the Leshers details many of the comments made by the anonymous defendants. Some are certainly lower blows than others—insinuating that Mark drugs women and that Rhonda is the "Herpies Queen," and that the couple may have AIDS, among other things—but not all of the comments are as bad. Some merely accuse the Leshers of being liars, and others even say to wait for confirmation of some of the accusations.
Regardless of what we think of the comments, however, a Tarrant County judge clearly felt that they were libelous enough to order Topix to cough up personal information on the anonymous posters. The problem is that this order seems to ignore a number of previous rulings protecting the anonymity of Internet commenters, no matter how trollish.
In 2005, the Delaware Supreme Court ruled that an anonymous blogger could remain anonymous after being sued by a local councilman and his wife. The blog in question had questioned the councilman's sexual proclivities, among other things, which the couple considered defamatory. A lower court granted the request to identify the blogger, but the Daleware Supreme Court overturned the decision. Then, in January of 2008, two female law students who were the target of vicious online attacks admitted that they had been unsuccessful in digging up personal information about a handful of anonymous posters, and had so far hit a dead end when it came to getting a court order.
One month later, a California appeals court reversed a previous decision that would have allowed Lisa Krinsky, COO of a Florida-based drug service company, to subpoena 10 anonymous Yahoo message board posters' real names. The court said that the commenters were allowed to exercise their First Amendment rights and speak their minds, even though some of the comments were quite scathing and potentially libelous.
Topix, for its part, appears to be doing its best to ensure that it only hands over exactly what is required, and not a bit more. Topix CEO Chris Tolles told Computerworld that the company takes privacy very seriously, and that the company would not "simply hand over all of our records" without reviewing the subpoena in detail. "We prefer to make sure requests are clear and specific and not overly broad," he said. According to the order, Topix has until March 6 to give up the information.
Dr Bill

Charlottesville, VA

#78 Feb 16, 2009
Note my post #76. Your "humor" smacks at hate speech, and seems to be subject to libel and slander laws as well.

I enjoy comedy as much as anyone, but the very personal attacks are mean, homophobic, and very juvenile.

Continue to flame as much as you want. Just stop and think how you would feel if you were the subject of such accusations, and be ready for your day in court attempting to defend your malicious and hate-filled "humor". Laugh it up now, because I'd imagine gerbils will get lost in your "happy place" once you've spent some time incarcerated for your stupidity. Perhaps you should start breeding groundhogs for your future.

Johnson City, TN

#79 Feb 17, 2009
Dr Bill wrote:
Interesting the number of homophobic commentors on this post. I think "thou protesteth too much". Your latent desires are coming through. Personal attacks are just marks of small-minded people with huge issues, and your comments indicate your own overriding homosexual tendencies. We all have different tastes, and therefore we all don't have to like a particular person.

No, in case you're wondering, I am neither gay nor am I connected to the WJHL staff in any way. I just think it interesting that those of you would be so bold as to show your own hidden same-sex love by being so apparent with your comments. Likewise those of you who are demonstrating your tiny self-worth by constantly demeaning others for their looks or position in life.
Seek professional help. Now.
I'm going to address your points one by one.

1. At my age, I'd know if I were gay or not. I can assure you, I AIN'T GAY...latent or otherwise.
2. You are being judgmental when you refer to posters as being "small-minded" or having "tiny self-worth". You contradict yourself in the arguments you present. Who made you the judge?
3. You speak your mind, but degrade others who want to do the same thing....which is to state their opinions whatever they are.
4. Being able to post on here IS getting professional help.
5. If you don't like what you read on here, then you're just a click away from being somewhere else.

CLICK!

Johnson City, TN

#80 Feb 17, 2009
If you look at the top of this web page, you'll see that it states..."your take."
Rachmininoff

Charlottesville, VA

#81 Feb 18, 2009
Just Say So wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to address your points one by one.
1. At my age, I'd know if I were gay or not. I can assure you, I AIN'T GAY...latent or otherwise.
2. You are being judgmental when you refer to posters as being "small-minded" or having "tiny self-worth". You contradict yourself in the arguments you present. Who made you the judge?
3. You speak your mind, but degrade others who want to do the same thing....which is to state their opinions whatever they are.
4. Being able to post on here IS getting professional help.
5. If you don't like what you read on here, then you're just a click away from being somewhere else.
CLICK!
Interesting that you saw my post as directed to you. Why do you think you took my comments so personally?

1) Referring to someone's comments as being "small-minded" isn't intended to be judgmental. It is simply my feeling that those with more open minds wouldn't concern themselves with another's personal lives. However, namecalling, insinuations of beastiality and homosexual behavior simply on the basis of observing interaction between co-workers on a tv show is not only judgmental, but slanderous and just plain mean-hearted. And any first-year psyc student can tell you that personal attacks such as these are the direct result of extremely low self-worth - not my theory, but proven fact. Those who use such tactics are simply trying to put another down below themselves in their own mind by whatever means at their disposal.

2) I do indeed speak my mind, and encourage you and others to do the same. But like the old adage of "my right to swing my fist ends at your nose", there are limits, both legal and moral, of comments and speculation. Saying someone is "sissy" or "seems gay" is your opinion, and you are certainly entitled to it. If you have had relations with that person, then you can share, if you were to choose to do so, the details of your relationship. Otherwise, none of us has any substantial information about any of their personal lives regarding sexual attraction, do we? Naming that person with unfounded allegations of homosexual behavior, infidelity, beastiality, is again slanderous and mean. And downright juvenile. One certainly can criticize others, especially those in the public eye, but there is a vast difference in between not liking a particular person's on-air persona and being downright vile and vulgar about them.

Posting anonymously is NOT professional help. There are many licensed mental health providers available right here in our area that can help, and I cannot imagine anyone would recommend to someone needing counseling to simply post on a message board. That's just absurd.

It's a bigger issue of "what I like". This board is open to all people, including children and the family members of those that have been named here. Again, personal comments about personal preferences are fair game, but the innuendos, charges, and outright vicious lies perpetrated here - ANONYMOUSLY - should be moderated and removed.

You can read in my earlier post about the pending court case where "flamers" and "trolls" may have their information released to law enforcement agencies for prosecution in civil court for slander. We all would be wise to remember that we are not as anonymous as we might think, and post accordingly.

I was always taught that if you wouldn't say it to someone's face, you shouldn't say it at all. If for no other reason, put yourself in the subject's place, or in a family member's place. How would you like your personal life splattered and maligned on this board? I certainly wouldn't. It's a simple matter of maturity, intelligence, and common courtesy.

And like me, if you don't care for the hosts on WJHL, change the channel. That's why there are other stations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rent a center 7 hr Bbygrl 9
Phillips landscaping Beware (Oct '15) 8 hr Lawn dog 22
Quinton at it again 9 hr Shaw 5
Looking for Dr. Todd Whitaker 10 hr Jjibe 1
Barnes exterminating (Aug '09) Mon lollollol 65
looking for azure g Sun Cass 10
Are Rainbow Flag Thefts a Lie? Sun CoxCastle 9

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance