First Prev
of 14
Next Last

“Diogenes”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#1 Jan 18, 2009
Is it just me or is WJHL about the sorriest excuse for a news cast you ever witnessed? They devote the majority of their 13 minute allotment of "news" to silly human interest stories.
Bobo

Nashville, TN

#2 Jan 18, 2009
no its not just you, no other news is that stupid have you watched the morning show
Morning

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jan 19, 2009
And you think Johnny woods and his "fishing report" every day is better?
Melkus

Lebanon, TN

#4 Jan 19, 2009
Morning wrote:
If you take it on balance with the rest of his newscast, I think its acceptable. WJHL news just regurgitates human interests stories and focuses on Jim Bailey/Sara Diamond laughing at each other. Same goes for the rest of the channel.

We're better off getting our news from the internet.

“Diogenes”

Since: Jan 09

Location hidden

#5 Jan 19, 2009
Well, I am certain that WCYB does a much better job with real news. They will have at least 5 minutes more actual news than WJHL. The early morning news on Chan 11 with Josh Smith is actually pretty good,it it the evening news I get flustered with. Jim (We first told you) Bailey is a joke, his partner, Sara is a carbon copy.
Johnny Woods is a great man just spends a bit too much time on other things.
Maggie

Huntingdon, TN

#6 Jan 19, 2009
Morning wrote:
what are you doing? taping johnny wood's fishing report on thursdays so you can watch it everyday??
StanleyF

Lebanon, TN

#7 Jan 19, 2009
diogenes-light wrote:
Well, I am certain that WCYB does a much better job with real news. They will have at least 5 minutes more actual news than WJHL. The early morning news on Chan 11 with Josh Smith is actually pretty good,it it the evening news I get flustered with. Jim (We first told you) Bailey is a joke, his partner, Sara is a carbon copy.
Johnny Woods is a great man just spends a bit too much time on other things.
I'm so glad that I'm not the only one that thinks that Jim Bailey is a disgrace and downright unwatchable. The guy has an ego the size of a Mack truck and his sidekick Sara is much the same. The only thing that Sara has going for her is when she does on the scene reporting, which she does a decent job.

Jim Bailey just needs to go away and the whole WJHL newscast needs to have an overhaul. Mark Reynolds is another one that needs to go away. The morning edition on WJHL is great, but the rest of their news programming is a joke.
Lewis

Nashville, TN

#8 Jan 19, 2009
I think the morning news team act a little funny, thats a nice way of putting it
Uonymous

Lebanon, TN

#9 Jan 19, 2009
Lewis wrote:
I think the morning news team act a little funny, thats a nice way of putting it
Are you saying that Josh and Rob act a little queer? Because if so, I agree. For two guys that are married and have kids, these two must be stroking each other under the news desk because they are absoloutely giddy to be around each other. Like two middle school lovers.
SteelMagnolia

Columbia, TN

#10 Jan 19, 2009
For years, WJHL has reported on news in Kingsport and Bristol far more than what happens in Johnson City. It's getting so I have to watch WCYB to see what happens in Johnson City!
RonnieB

Lebanon, TN

#11 Jan 19, 2009
SteelMagnolia wrote:
For years, WJHL has reported on news in Kingsport and Bristol far more than what happens in Johnson City. It's getting so I have to watch WCYB to see what happens in Johnson City!
"THE BRISTOL HERALD COURIER IS REPORTING"

I get so freaking tired of hearing that prefaced before each sentence that comes out of Jim Baileys or Sara Diamonds mouth.
VDUB

Maryville, TN

#12 Jan 19, 2009
The best thing on WJHL news is Kenny Hawkins with sports. He also has a radio sports show I listen to, but the other news casters are sorry, especially that giggle box Sarah Diamond. Can you get thru one broadcast without laughing..."a car bomb kills three...hehehe", "it's gonna snow....Ahehehe", "the bucs lost another game....AHEHEHE......" PLEASE!!!!!!
toodazey

Ringgold, GA

#13 Jan 19, 2009
I suppose the ones who were too smart for their own good, in JC, died along time ago. Too bad for us, the dead don't speak.

Like on this thread, we are all now just stuck clicking our heels together and crying for home.
Lewis

Nashville, TN

#14 Jan 19, 2009
All of the different news rooms,they talk about I think they are all in the same place, They just play a game they just move the furniture around
financials

Johnson City, TN

#15 Jan 19, 2009
is wjhl the one that does that idiot financial report at noon? the one w/ some carrier woman that at christmas talked about how to give cheap gifts to save money?
Lila

United States

#16 Jan 19, 2009
Uonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that Josh and Rob act a little queer? Because if so, I agree. For two guys that are married and have kids, these two must be stroking each other under the news desk because they are absoloutely giddy to be around each other. Like two middle school lovers.
You are sooo right!! I thought I was the only one who noticed how they act like little girls, flirting and giggling. Veeery unmanly, married or not.
puzzled

United States

#17 Jan 19, 2009
Didn't think Rob was married. I think he's cute, and I'm not a guy.
Fred

Johnson City, TN

#18 Jan 20, 2009
why is wjhl.. a JOHNSON CITY station continually teling us what will be in the bristol hearld courier? If I gave a crap about what was going on in Bristol, I would live there. Where is the Johnson city press in this? why are they not the ones on WJHL newscast?
BRADJ

Lebanon, TN

#19 Jan 20, 2009
Fred wrote:
why is wjhl.. a JOHNSON CITY station continually teling us what will be in the bristol hearld courier? If I gave a crap about what was going on in Bristol, I would live there. Where is the Johnson city press in this? why are they not the ones on WJHL newscast?
Clearly, some genius thought it would be a good idea to get the Bristol paper as an exclusive source. Of course, the Johnson City Press is a laughingstock and probably the worst paper around, so I'm not sure that's an upgrade.

This area sucks for news coverage. It's all censored and filtered news from the good ole' boy network that operates around here.
dumbfounded

United States

#20 Jan 20, 2009
Uonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
I swear to god I say the same thing to my husband every time I see them, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 14
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Carbine AR Rifles 45 min Popo 1
Drs willing to treat pain management aggressive... (Jul '12) 1 hr Popo 70
NLPW Church 10 hr Got ya hahaha 14
Drain the Wash. Co. Swamp 12 hr Tax hikes 2
DHS PA,s 23 hr Fred 2
Halliburtons Degree Wed Smarter than you 9
Shannon k. Smith Nov 22 thomas 3

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance