what has this world came to

what has this world came to

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
truthfully

Richmond, KY

#1 Jul 19, 2014
Why can't people be content with LOVE? Seems like everyone is into perversion... Men with men, women with women...rape, using others..why can't love be enough? I did everything I could and offered more..but it wasn't enough, he had to keep looking every where else, I even lied about how sexy he was knowing I was to good for him, but his fake personality and feelings got me hooked..I didn't care about looks or money, I gave him way more than he gave me so me not trying to satisfy him or doing my " womanly duty" was not a factor..he just couldn't be satisfied and cheated with men...I just want to know WHY??????
jbb

Readyville, TN

#3 Jul 19, 2014
Because he's gay?
truthfully

Richmond, KY

#4 Jul 19, 2014
jbb wrote:
Because he's gay?
yeah I know that part now..but why did he start a relationship with me and lie and cheat, that was my question!
Hettie

Kingsport, TN

#5 Jul 19, 2014
truthfully wrote:
<quoted text> yeah I know that part now..but why did he start a relationship with me and lie and cheat, that was my question!
The small minority of homosexuals are in power with the media, bombarding normal people with their sick agenda. They try to make their sick perversion seem normal and cool. Persons of the baser sort fall for this and decide they want to "fit in", even though it is clearly an abomination. The worst part of it all is that they want to teach our kids their propaganda. They take advantage of the easily influenced and the gullible.
Illogic

Titusville, FL

#6 Jul 19, 2014
truthfully wrote:
<quoted text> yeah I know that part now..but why did he start a relationship with me and lie and cheat, that was my question!
How long were you guys an actual item? Did you live together? We're you intimate? Sometimes people confuse a friendship with a relationship. Are you upset with yourself because you ignored some obvious signs he was gay?
truthfully

Richmond, KY

#7 Jul 19, 2014
We were both married, yes I know that's wrong to. But we were both lonely, well I know I was, and yes I did see some signs and I am angry with myself for believing his lies, but he was very convincing, until I seen proof with my own eyes I thought I had found " mr .perfect"...I just wish I could get the chance to ask him why he thought it was OK to play with my heart like that, if he enjoyed hurting me so bad!
truthfully

Richmond, KY

#8 Jul 19, 2014
Hettie wrote:
<quoted text>The small minority of homosexuals are in power with the media, bombarding normal people with their sick agenda. They try to make their sick perversion seem normal and cool. Persons of the baser sort fall for this and decide they want to "fit in", even though it is clearly an abomination. The worst part of it all is that they want to teach our kids their propaganda. They take advantage of the easily influenced and the gullible.
its more wide spread than people may believe and over 90% of what I have seen it is married me cheating on their wives
Ask yourself

Johnson City, TN

#10 Jul 20, 2014
truthfully wrote:
We were both married, yes I know that's wrong to. But we were both lonely, well I know I was, and yes I did see some signs and I am angry with myself for believing his lies, but he was very convincing, until I seen proof with my own eyes I thought I had found " mr .perfect"...I just wish I could get the chance to ask him why he thought it was OK to play with my heart like that, if he enjoyed hurting me so bad!
Ask yourself why you thought it was okay to play with your husband's heart, & there's your answer.
Ask yourself

Johnson City, TN

#11 Jul 20, 2014
Hettie wrote:
<quoted text>The small minority of homosexuals are in power with the media, bombarding normal people with their sick agenda. They try to make their sick perversion seem normal and cool. Persons of the baser sort fall for this and decide they want to "fit in", even though it is clearly an abomination. The worst part of it all is that they want to teach our kids their propaganda. They take advantage of the easily influenced and the gullible.
Actually, I think the answer is because homosexuals are a persecuted minority, & not so easily accepted especially around here , & many try to live a straight life to fit in, not the other way around.
Ask yourself

Johnson City, TN

#12 Jul 20, 2014
truthfully wrote:
Why can't people be content with LOVE? Seems like everyone is into perversion... Men with men, women with women...rape, using others..why can't love be enough? I did everything I could and offered more..but it wasn't enough, he had to keep looking every where else, I even lied about how sexy he was knowing I was to good for him, but his fake personality and feelings got me hooked..I didn't care about looks or money, I gave him way more than he gave me so me not trying to satisfy him or doing my " womanly duty" was not a factor..he just couldn't be satisfied and cheated with men...I just want to know WHY??????
I don't think gay men being with gay men is a perversion, but I do think that cheating on your husband with one is. So is being with a man you know is married to someone else. You already have the answers to your question.
Hillbillyboy

United States

#13 Jul 20, 2014
If The Lord isnt the hub of a marriage, then Satan is the automatic default hub of that marriage, due to the fallen nature of humanity.

Something like this was bound to happen.

The characteristics you mentioned, such as the fake personality and so on, is all just so typical of an unsaved and unrepentant person.

To the larger picture of what this world is coming to...As to society, it is a case of the wealthy minority ruling over the helpless majority.

Sooner or later, the special interest groups that work of pedophiles and bigamist,(or animal marriage supporters, etc) will mass enough money to begin to buy political power from politicians and judges. And then those things will be legalized for marriages as well.

Society has no say in deciding what is right anymore. Its all for sale to the highest bidders in the court and political arenas.

And whenever someone speaks out against this sort of thing, they are accused falsely of persecution. But The Lord sees all, and holds everyone accountable, including those who do not speak out against the sins of the land, and just "go with the flow".
truthfully

Richmond, KY

#14 Jul 20, 2014
I had told my husband before I met him I wasn't in love with him, just there for the kids..but I see now that my happiness isn't important, I am trying to find the love I once had for him and we are going back to church, this is still laying on my heart bad. I know I did wrong, but I thought he was my new beginning on life, he was unhappy in his marriage also, he said we would be together and we would go to church together. I have always wanted God in my life, I just wanted to be happy in a relationship here on earth. He knew how I felt and so many times I tried to break it off and tell him when we could do it right, maybe then, but he always begged me not to give up on him, so I didn't because I loved him. Then I found out I don't think he ever truly cared, then I found out about the websites and men he was sleeping with..I know I deserved some pain but this is destroying me!
Hettie

Kingsport, TN

#15 Jul 20, 2014
Ask yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think gay men being with gay men is a perversion, but I do think that cheating on your husband with one is. So is being with a man you know is married to someone else. You already have the answers to your question.
But then, you don't get to make the rules, do you? Both are sinful and you can't just pick one or the other. What brings you to such a conclusion? What is it based on?
Illogic

Titusville, FL

#16 Jul 20, 2014
Hettie wrote:
<quoted text>But then, you don't get to make the rules, do you? Both are sinful and you can't just pick one or the other. What brings you to such a conclusion? What is it based on?
Some people don't think consensual sex is a sin. Some people think that sex other than to pro create is a sin. Others think that sex before marriage is a sin. Monks and catholic priests chose not to have sex. I'm not gay, but I guess based on others beliefs I'm a sexual sinner. Being human is complicated. But, based on what I've learned is that looking at people's relationship through a sexual lens is a sin.
Hettie

Kingsport, TN

#17 Jul 20, 2014
Illogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people don't think consensual sex is a sin. Some people think that sex other than to pro create is a sin. Others think that sex before marriage is a sin. Monks and catholic priests chose not to have sex. I'm not gay, but I guess based on others beliefs I'm a sexual sinner. Being human is complicated. But, based on what I've learned is that looking at people's relationship through a sexual lens is a sin.
What a cop out answer! It seems all your answers revert back to what you think, not what The Bible actually says on the matter. Excusing and denying a person's sin makes you lukewarm.
Okay, it is time for some of you to attack me for telling it like it is (Bible thumper, judgmental, hater, etc.)
As for the OP, why air out your dirty laundry on Topix? You spoke of originally getting married for the kids' sake, not out of love. I assume you had kids by the man before you married him. And later you spoke of wanting to find the love you once had for him. Well, which is it? In the mix you have sex with another married guy. What kind of mess are you?
truthfully

Richmond, KY

#18 Jul 20, 2014
I just can't figure out why someone would pretend to be straight and start a relationship with another woman while he was married but then cheat and both women with men? Why can't people be happy and enjoy love? Why sneak around so much and hurt as many people as u can. He seemed so good and honest, it makes me never want to trust anyone ever again.. True love doesn't exist..its all perversion
truthfully

Richmond, KY

#19 Jul 20, 2014
And yes I was wrong falling in love with a married man while I was still married, but I was thinking after over 20 years of marriage I wanted to find someone that loved me like I loved them, we both agreed to do the right thing and stay home until our kids were older, mine was from the heart I know now his wasn't, but why did he lie and make me stay knowing he didn't want me? Why did he just want to hurt me, I was good to him
truthfully

Richmond, KY

#20 Jul 20, 2014
I loved my husband I married him when I was in highschool, we didn't have kids until later on. I was faithful over 20 years, I felt unappreciated and unloved for many years. I started talking to this guy then found out he was married but he said he wasn't happy and that I made him happy...I believed him until I found out about the other men then I realized it was all a lie...as far as my dirty laundry I'm just hurting and needed to vent and hear others perspectives, I guess he was right and I was the one in the wrong. But I never played with his heart and I thought it was OK because we both just wanted to feel alive again, but now I just feel even more dead, unattractive, low, dirty, and worthless than ever...
Illogic

Titusville, FL

#21 Jul 20, 2014
Hettie wrote:
<quoted text>What a cop out answer! It seems all your answers revert back to what you think, not what The Bible actually says on the matter. Excusing and denying a person's sin makes you lukewarm.
Okay, it is time for some of you to attack me for telling it like it is (Bible thumper, judgmental, hater, etc.)
As for the OP, why air out your dirty laundry on Topix? You spoke of originally getting married for the kids' sake, not out of love. I assume you had kids by the man before you married him. And later you spoke of wanting to find the love you once had for him. Well, which is it? In the mix you have sex with another married guy. What kind of mess are you?
I'm fine with how you interpret the bible. I feel blessed to have the capacity to think independently.
Hill Billy Boy

United States

#22 Jul 21, 2014
Illogic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm fine with how you interpret the bible. I feel blessed to have the capacity to think independently.
That is to say you adore the capacity to be deceived and tossed to and fro in life, like refuse on the surf, as you are not grounded by anything, and follow the ebbs and flows of your own arrogance.

Are you trying to impress us? Do you think we see you as clever? Do you not suspect that we have seen your kind many many times before, and can predict the wreckage and ruin that your life will be unless ye repent and ground yourself upon the Word of God?

Know ye not why it is that we are here?

How many decades have we seen young and cocky atheist/ communist/ agnostics/hippies, or whatever the latest trends being pushed on TV, the local leftist university, and the local bars and jails and cat houses (funny, they all pretty much match each others life philosophy)?

We already know how your life will turn out, unless ye repent. And that is why we Christian witnesses are here. We have come for to help you, and people like you, because our master cares, and so do we..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moving back to JC 1 hr Questions 2
Ann Carter vs. Sara Diamond 1 hr Jane 2
Fathers who don't pay child support 7 hr Real World 26
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 8 hr Tanya 1,557
EXCESSIVE Barking 10 hr Hmmm 2
Asheville vs. Johnson City (Sep '10) 19 hr yea 41
What's the deal with the BP gas stations going ... (Sep '13) 21 hr Fossil fuels shou... 15

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages