Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#101648 Oct 11, 2013
"Voices Of The Shutdown:'That's Such A Deep Character flaw When You Hate Like That'."

Click here:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57606957/...
Tired

Dandridge, TN

#101649 Oct 11, 2013
Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Linda ! I have decided that the next time someone on this thread posts a negative lie about the ACA, instead od correcting theirs, I am going to post a positive lie in return.....who knows, mine may catch on like some of theirs have ! Stay tuned !!
How about: if you don't have any medical problems in the year, you get 80% of your premiums refunded.
;)

Location hidden

#101650 Oct 11, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>....and you know Linda, I meet more and more people like "TN Voter", who could care less about the less fortunate and they are all Republicans. All I hear about is "they are scamming the system", and this is true everywhere, with any system, and that is a whole different issue. But "TN Voter", thinks "that" adult 19 year old is ruining the country. He/she has never talked to someone with brain damage, and I know he/she could learn a lot. They really have a good additude towards life, even better than someone who is in peak physical health at 19.
So if anyone thinks like "TN Voter"(and he said their are millions) you might just take a moment and think about how lucky you are that you don't have to rely on SSI.
I am very very lucky not to have to rely on it, but God could change that in a flash.
I do think about it quite often, but especially when I know so many People younger than me who have developed so many painful and debilitating conditions and so many who have already died. I have posted it on here that I'm one of the Lucky ones.
I've worked hard in my Life, very hard, but I tried to work "smart" and listen to what my body was telling me. I've quit more than one job because they demanded that we do something that was going to harm us, either then or in the future. I was the only One who left. But, I always looked at it this way, there are other jobs that I know I can get and that I can do, but I only have one body and if I deliberately damage it, then all the jobs in the world are not going to help me.
I attribute that kind of thinking to having such good health as I do, at my age. Getting older and everyday functions will take enough of a toll on your body and there's nothing you can do about that, but some Employers, especially in the South, will try to require you to do things that they know will harm you, then or in the future, but they don't care. That's when its up to you to take care of yourself, even if that means walking out the door...and I've done that many times....and I Never starved or failed to pay my Bills, and I had two Kids to think of, too. But, who was going to look after those Kids, if anything happened to me? That was a big Motivator for me to take as good of care of myself as possible.
I just hope that it doesn't happen to me practically overnight, like it did my Dad. But, that too, is something that I have no control over, but so far, so good.
Actually, I really don't take as good of care of myself NOW as I did throughout my younger Life. I should get more exercise and I don't. I've been thinking about buying a treadmill. that way I don't have to risk running into People that I want to avoid....and you ALL know who I am talking about!
Tim Reid

Gainesboro, TN

#101651 Oct 11, 2013
Tea Party calls Ted Cruz a hero; some others see disaster

By Tim Reid

WASHINGTON

WASHINGTON (Reuters)- Establishment Republicans in Congress such as John McCain are openly scornful of him. Some Republican strategists say his crusade to destroy President Barack Obama's healthcare law has been a political disaster.

But at a gathering of conservatives and Tea Party faithful in Washington on Friday, Republican Senator Ted Cruz was unapologetic, defiant and received like a conquering hero.

As Republican leaders in Congress have abandoned a strategy to use a government shutdown and threat of default to dismantle Obama's healthcare overhaul - with polls showing it unpopular with voters - one thing was clear at the gathering of conservative activists: they believe the battle to kill Obamacare has only just begun.

Cruz, a freshman Texas lawmaker who made a 21-hour speech last month on the Senate floor decrying Obama's health law, has become the face of conservative opposition to the legislation.

To multiple standing ovations and cries of "tyranny" every time he mentioned Obama's name, Cruz told a big crowd of conservative Republicans at the Values Voter Summit that he knew exactly what he was doing, and battle had only just been joined.

America, he said, was just two years away from oblivion unless there was radical change. And at the heart of what was needed, he said, was "to stop that train wreck, that disaster, that nightmare that is Obamacare."

Cruz was frequently greeted with whoops of support and prolonged applause. He was also met with hecklers, whom he called "President Obama's paid political operatives." They were shouted down and removed.

Cruz said that after he spoke, he was going with fellow Republican senators to meet Obama in the White House.

"If I am not seen again please send a search and rescue team," Cruz said.

Speaking before Cruz was fellow conservative Republican Senator Mike Lee from Utah, who has partnered Cruz in the fight to dismantle the healthcare law.

"We make no apologies," Lee declared over the failed fight to block Obamacare. "We must stop it, we must defeat it, and we cannot accept it." Lee, too, was given a standing ovation.

Michelle Wiegand, 43, attending the conference with her two-year-old son Declan, said of Cruz and Lee's efforts to end Obamacare: "Even if nothing comes of it, they showed great political courage. That is rare in Washington. This is a law not supported by the majority of the American public."

With the Republican leadership now negotiating with Obama on a deal to lift the debt ceiling and reopen the government, some Republican strategists said Cruz's strategy had been a mistake all along.

"His battle is over," said Charlie Black, a veteran party strategist. "It was a bad idea. He was trying to do something that was impossible. There is a Democratic president and a Democratic Senate. He's new to Washington. Maybe he didn't know what was possible."

Senator McCain from Arizona, a former presidential candidate, and Representative Peter King from New York have been two of the most vocal opponents of Cruz's tactics, with McCain calling Cruz and his allies "wacko birds."

Cruz has also taken a hit in the polls. A Gallup poll released on Thursday found that he has gained significant name recognition, but the percentage of Americans with an unfavorable view of him has jumped to 36 percent from 18 percent in June.

Ford O'Connell, a Republican political adviser, said opposition to the healthcare law was justified, but Cruz's tactics were "completely wrong."

"Cruz has done a good job of bringing this to the attention of the American people - but the government shutdown has completely obstructed his message," Ford said.

"The key to successful political negotiating is to pull the right lever at the right time. Unfortunately for the Republican party, the Tea Party caucus is pulling the right lever at the wrong time."(Reporting by Tim Reid;

Location hidden

#101652 Oct 11, 2013
How Much you wanna bet that every member of this Group , is a Teabagger?
----------
"Greek Neo-Nazi Group 'Golden Dawn' Opens Two New Chapters In U.S."

Click here:
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/10/11/greek-n...
here now

Johnson City, TN

#101653 Oct 11, 2013
NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>It is the parents responsibility to make sure their kids with these problems are cared for.
I think I will have to disagree with this bald statement. The parents are certainly supposed to take care of these children, or any children for that matter. The handicapped (or whatever PC phrase is used these days)do deserve assistance. A lot of the assistance programs allow these kids grow to be functioning adults. I cannot say that I begrudge one cent spent for them. Now for the shiftless lazy slobs, that is another story.
Rocco

United States

#101654 Oct 11, 2013
here now wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I will have to disagree with this bald statement. The parents are certainly supposed to take care of these children, or any children for that matter. The handicapped (or whatever PC phrase is used these days)do deserve assistance. A lot of the assistance programs allow these kids grow to be functioning adults. I cannot say that I begrudge one cent spent for them. Now for the shiftless lazy slobs, that is another story.
On this I must agree with you.

Location hidden

#101655 Oct 11, 2013
This little Twerp, who really wasn't born in the U.S. and who, by the Teabaggers' standards, is NOT really an American, is one Person out of 535 Members of both Congressional Houses. Yet he thinks and acts like that, what HE wants is the only thing that matters, and that he should get it! He's been in the Senate for 8 months and he thinks he's the Supreme Ruler of the entire U.S.A., and everybody in it, including the Members of Congress and the White House! HE'S NUTS!
----------
"Ted Cruz Confronts President Obama At White House."

Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/ted-cru...

Location hidden

#101656 Oct 11, 2013
"Always remember,

When a Man leaves a room,
He leaves everything in it, behind.

When a Woman leaves a room,
She takes everything that happened in it,
with her."

~~ Alice Munro ~~

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

Smyrna, TN

#101657 Oct 11, 2013
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>NT you are clueless with your last remark. I'm not even going to try to explain it to you, it would be a futile effort on my part.
Oh i get it. Those kids are born with brain damage and no parents or extended families. The responsibility does not fall on the government to take money from strangers at threat of incarceration. Especially when many of them are barely scraping by.
dreamin

Johnson City, TN

#101658 Oct 11, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
I do think about it quite often, but especially when I know so many People younger than me who have developed so many painful and debilitating conditions and so many who have already died. I have posted it on here that I'm one of the Lucky ones.
I've worked hard in my Life, very hard, but I tried to work "smart" and listen to what my body was telling me. I've quit more than one job because they demanded that we do something that was going to harm us, either then or in the future. I was the only One who left. But, I always looked at it this way, there are other jobs that I know I can get and that I can do, but I only have one body and if I deliberately damage it, then all the jobs in the world are not going to help me.
I attribute that kind of thinking to having such good health as I do, at my age. Getting older and everyday functions will take enough of a toll on your body and there's nothing you can do about that, but some Employers, especially in the South, will try to require you to do things that they know will harm you, then or in the future, but they don't care. That's when its up to you to take care of yourself, even if that means walking out the door...and I've done that many times....and I Never starved or failed to pay my Bills, and I had two Kids to think of, too. But, who was going to look after those Kids, if anything happened to me? That was a big Motivator for me to take as good of care of myself as possible.
I just hope that it doesn't happen to me practically overnight, like it did my Dad. But, that too, is something that I have no control over, but so far, so good.
Actually, I really don't take as good of care of myself NOW as I did throughout my younger Life. I should get more exercise and I don't. I've been thinking about buying a treadmill. that way I don't have to risk running into People that I want to avoid....and you ALL know who I am talking about!
Good luck finding a treadmill with an ashtray and a beer holder!

Location hidden

#101659 Oct 11, 2013
The above Idiot...^^^^... is CLUELESS and CRAZY!
here now

Johnson City, TN

#101660 Oct 11, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
The above Idiot...^^^^... is CLUELESS and CRAZY!
Yes you are.

Location hidden

#101661 Oct 11, 2013
I don't like Beer and never have. I haven't had any alcohol to drink since I Retired and went to the Christmas Parties, and had one or two at the most, except for when I tried to learn to like wine when they said it was good for your health. After buying two bottles, I gave up on trying to learn to like it and decided I didn't need the health benefits that badly.

Even though, I don't have a problem with anybody being a Social Drinker, Alcohol just does not appeal to me....and I do NOT have the patience to deal with Drunks, anymore. I used to think that some of them were funny, when they got chit-faced...not any more. I just think they are disgusting!
Alcohol was never a taboo in my Family, but nobody in my Family was a "Drinker", either.

So, just spew your Lies all you want, you'll be hard-pressed to find anybody that knows me, or my Family, that will believe you. The rest of them, that don't know me or my Family, I couldn't care less what they believe.

Actually, in this County, we have such a huge Drug problem, that the days of Drunks being the problem, are considered "the good old days"!
dreamin

Johnson City, TN

#101662 Oct 11, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
I don't like Beer and never have. I haven't had any alcohol to drink since I Retired and went to the Christmas Parties, and had one or two at the most, except for when I tried to learn to like wine when they said it was good for your health. After buying two bottles, I gave up on trying to learn to like it and decided I didn't need the health benefits that badly.
Even though, I don't have a problem with anybody being a Social Drinker, Alcohol just does not appeal to me....and I do NOT have the patience to deal with Drunks, anymore. I used to think that some of them were funny, when they got chit-faced...not any more. I just think they are disgusting!
Alcohol was never a taboo in my Family, but nobody in my Family was a "Drinker", either.
So, just spew your Lies all you want, you'll be hard-pressed to find anybody that knows me, or my Family, that will believe you. The rest of them, that don't know me or my Family, I couldn't care less what they believe.
Actually, in this County, we have such a huge Drug problem, that the days of Drunks being the problem, are considered "the good old days"!
I think I just hit a nerve. Just too funny!
dreamin

Johnson City, TN

#101663 Oct 11, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
You old bat.

You smoke
You drink
You never leave your house so no exercise
You're overweight
You've been fired from more jobs than most will have in a lifetime.

And we have to listen to you preach about good health and job ethics.

Whose the dumbazz???

Location hidden

#101665 Oct 11, 2013
dreamin wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I just hit a nerve. Just too funny!
Honey, you didn't hit anything, except maybe a Beer Can every night. Nobody else would even think to connect up a Treadmill with a Beer Holder, except somebody with curved fingers from holding one all the time!

Location hidden

#101666 Oct 11, 2013
dreamin wrote:
<quoted text>
You old bat.
You smoke
You drink
You never leave your house so no exercise
You're overweight
You've been fired from more jobs than most will have in a lifetime.
And we have to listen to you preach about good health and job ethics.
Whose the dumbazz???
Yeah Right! And you're a truthful Person, too, aren't you? Tell us some more of your style of "truthfulness"...On second thought, DON'T! I don't like "fiction" and BS...I read enough of that on here, as it is!
Does drinking make you lie more, or less? If it's less, I say, "drink up"!
But, don't expect me to give you any more attention, whichever it is because I don't like you drunk or sober!
Hey

Cookeville, TN

#101667 Oct 11, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
This little Twerp, who really wasn't born in the U.S. and who, by the Teabaggers' standards, is NOT really an American, is one Person out of 535 Members of both Congressional Houses. Yet he thinks and acts like that, what HE wants is the only thing that matters, and that he should get it! He's been in the Senate for 8 months and he thinks he's the Supreme Ruler of the entire U.S.A., and everybody in it, including the Members of Congress and the White House! HE'S NUTS!
----------
"Ted Cruz Confronts President Obama At White House."
Click here:
http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/ted-cru...
You talkin about Obama?

Location hidden

#101668 Oct 11, 2013
Hey wrote:
<quoted text>
You talkin about Obama?
Typical Teabagger...you can't figure it out, so you have to ask. They used to say there were no foolish questions, only foolish answers. You Teabaggers have proven that statement to be dead wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 8 hr Tracie 551
News Still no horses allowed the Tweetsie Trail (Aug '14) 11 hr Wyatt Earp 103
act call center johnson city tn (Oct '10) 12 hr bross1 318
seen anyone 17 hr wondering 1
Kristien Harris Crawford "Home Wrecker" 17 hr roymullins38 6
local girls (Nov '12) 17 hr roymullins38 10
WQUT's Tennessee Midnight Rambler Retires (Jan '12) 18 hr tommyrocker 69

Freeze Watch for Washington County was issued at March 27 at 3:13AM CDT

Johnson City Dating
Find my Match