Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

Comments (Page 3,667)

Showing posts 73,321 - 73,340 of140,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
no one cares

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

SexySassySenior wrote:
Really? I'll bet you've never been able to tell the truth in your entire Life! From what I've been told, you definitely haven't been able to, in your entire Adult Life!
But, just for the record, you're full of chit and you're dead wrong, AGAIN!
are you gay? you seem really gay. come out of the closet you can be gay freely now.

“IMNTBHO”

Since: Dec 10

On The Road Again

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
She is going to deny she said that and say her imposter did but have you noticed the same nouns one SSS capitalizes the other does too. She is doing this so her two friends will think someone is degrading her once again. They haven't caught on to her little sick tricks yet.
And, as usual, she accuses me of being you and vice versa. I can truthfully say some things on here that she cannot. I have been on this site for 2 1/2 years and I have NEVER changed my username or posted under any other name. This is and always has been the only name I post on. I also use my real pic on here. Not some avatar or fake pic I stole from the internet somewhere. I have posted proof of it. My username alone is fairly unique in Google searches. You will get all kinds of links to my presence on the internet.

She can keep using her fake names and fake pictures all she wants. We know it is her and we know how she lies. She is and always has been the biggest fake and liar on topix. The first thing she told me on the phone was that she "lies all the time", then she added "on topix".
Ray

Camden, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
And, as usual, she accuses me of being you and vice versa. I can truthfully say some things on here that she cannot. I have been on this site for 2 1/2 years and I have NEVER changed my username or posted under any other name. This is and always has been the only name I post on. I also use my real pic on here. Not some avatar or fake pic I stole from the internet somewhere. I have posted proof of it. My username alone is fairly unique in Google searches. You will get all kinds of links to my presence on the internet.
She can keep using her fake names and fake pictures all she wants. We know it is her and we know how she lies. She is and always has been the biggest fake and liar on topix. The first thing she told me on the phone was that she "lies all the time", then she added "on topix".
I've already proved to her once today how she lies. Of coarse she called me a liar. According to her she has never called her neighbor's child's name, she never claimed to be a drug agent, she never asked MG if she killed her own child and so forth. I am about fed up with her insults and lies and I intend to post one every time she calls someone a liar again. she's the biggest liar on here. I have read this forum for years and I know how she has treated you and many others. Now she is playing that little game of talking to herself to make herself look good.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

no one cares wrote:
<quoted text>are you gay? you seem really gay. come out of the closet you can be gay freely now.
No, I'm not Gay and I never could be. Sorry, but Women just do not attract me, at all.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

A Neighbor wrote:
<quoted text>She is a bitter old bat.
If you think you know her(?), who is she? It's not me, I didn't make that Post and frankly, I still have seen it to even read it, first-hand.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
The DMS-1 was a workhorse alright. I still have one on the road next to my neighborhood. Went I started at Nortel, they were made in Stone Mountain, GA. I once had to fly to Johnson City from Atlanta to investigate why one blew up. Turns out the batteries were bad and emitted some gases in the cabinet. The door of the hut they were installed in blew across the street and hit a house. And this happened on July 4th! It seems funny now, but at the time it was a catastrophe.
Based on what you said above, I now know where you worked, but i won't mention it. The FLM Fiber Multiplexer gave it away. Only one company was basically using it at that time. Nortel's version of the FLM was the FMT-150. We sold a lot of those over the years as well.
I also wished I would have saved all the circuit packs I amassed during my tenure there. They would be worth a fortune today. I don't know how many I actually threw away.
Hope you are having a GREAT weekend.
Pete, are you still on here and are you talking to me? If so, I'd like to ask you something about Nortel.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
The DMS-1 was a workhorse alright. I still have one on the road next to my neighborhood. Went I started at Nortel, they were made in Stone Mountain, GA. I once had to fly to Johnson City from Atlanta to investigate why one blew up. Turns out the batteries were bad and emitted some gases in the cabinet. The door of the hut they were installed in blew across the street and hit a house. And this happened on July 4th! It seems funny now, but at the time it was a catastrophe.
Based on what you said above, I now know where you worked, but i won't mention it. The FLM Fiber Multiplexer gave it away. Only one company was basically using it at that time. Nortel's version of the FLM was the FMT-150. We sold a lot of those over the years as well.
I also wished I would have saved all the circuit packs I amassed during my tenure there. They would be worth a fortune today. I don't know how many I actually threw away.
Hope you are having a GREAT weekend.
Hydrogen gas I would say, just like the Zeppelin airship.
All of the circuit packs I returned were all broken by myself just so no one else(customer included) would have to go thru all of the trouble shooting on a chronic trouble that was intermittent. Unless of course they were fried by lightning or something obvious. Did you check out the markdown on a circuit pack on ebay? I believe they must have a market down in Central or South America.
Yes, I did have a great day with the family, even with the small amount of rain this evening. Of course I hope you are having some quality time with your family.
i really hate her

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Any body that will do their job and stop these drug dealers and pill heads and dead beat moms like heather buchanan and her mom ellen they sell pills and they smoke weed do pills theirself and sells their foodstamps the law and dcs needs to do their job they live on 258 heiskell rd. maynardville
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, are you still on here and are you talking to me? If so, I'd like to ask you something about Nortel.
Ok Sassy, I will always answer a question about Nortel.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
If I read your post correctly, I thought you said that Nortel went bankrupt. Do you know if they reorganized and are now in business, again? And if so, do you know if they have a Gov't. Contract to do something to helicopters in Iraq?

I ask this because I know somebody who is in Iraq under the circumstances that I asked about and I think...keyword, think...he works for Nortel, but I'm not sure.
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Good Morning Pete,

Do you know a Tony Cifelli?
Janice

Byrdstown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Wal-Mart Junk is supported by Republicans;

the real bottom line-
Wal-Mart depletes local businesses by their low pricing of all good's to the point local business cannot compete, the local business owners wind up selling/losing their businesses and becoming
Wal Mart greeter's.
local businesses did not want to sell the inferior cheap crap from China
it was sad to hear recently that Dollar General has become the most shopped store in America, and that is junk squared.
you cannot find more junk in less space than a Dollar general.
I long for the days of the real Sear's, Woolworth's, JC Penny etc. stores who bought and sold quality made in USA good's.
the USA has become a user nation ,not a manufacturing nation, except for military weapons and that leaves no customers in the US except arms dealers, legal and illegal -certainly a civilian cannot buy an F- 16 or shoulder operated rocket launcher.
Overtaxed

Thorn Hill, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Janice wrote:
the real bottom line-
Wal-Mart depletes local businesses by their low pricing of all good's to the point local business cannot compete, the local business owners wind up selling/losing their businesses and becoming
Wal Mart greeter's.
it was sad to hear recently that Dollar General has become the most shopped store in America, and that is junk squared.
I long for the days of the real Sear's, Woolworth's, JC Penny etc. stores who bought and sold quality made in USA good's.
the USA has become a user nation ,not a manufacturing nation, except for military weapons and that leaves no customers in the US except arms dealers, legal and illegal -certainly a civilian cannot buy an F- 16 or shoulder operated rocket launcher.
I agree with your assessment of the Wal-mart business model, but in addition to the damage they have done to American manufacturing and independant retailers, they have also institutionalized the subsidizing of their worker's low pay with taxpayer dollars in the form of healthcare, food stamps, HUD housing etc. MANY Wal-mart employees qualify for these programs and the company tacitly accepts the fact, even as they destroy the jobs that would provide a living wage with benefits. This becomes a win/win for the retail giant and American workers and the taxpayers pay the price.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
If I read your post correctly, I thought you said that Nortel went bankrupt. Do you know if they reorganized and are now in business, again? And if so, do you know if they have a Gov't. Contract to do something to helicopters in Iraq?
I ask this because I know somebody who is in Iraq under the circumstances that I asked about and I think...keyword, think...he works for Nortel, but I'm not sure.
They are still in Chapter 11. They have basically sold off most of their assets, but I think they still have some assets from which to operate. However, what they are I don't know. I can't imagine anything they are doing that would have anything to do with helicopters, but I could be wrong. I have been gone from Nortel for about 11 years. They could have got into things they weren't participating in while I was there. But helicopters seems a bit of a reach for them.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Good Morning Pete,
Do you know a Tony Cifelli?
I don't recall that name Dunlapian
really

Jackson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Janice wrote:
the real bottom line-
Wal Mart greeter's.
So what's ur proof of this? Also, al-Qaeda is supported by Democraps. For example, Obama sends tanks and fighter jets to Egypt. He sends money to Muslim Brotherhood. So is that any better?
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Overtaxed wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with your assessment of the Wal-mart business model, but in addition to the damage they have done to American manufacturing and independant retailers, they have also institutionalized the subsidizing of their worker's low pay with taxpayer dollars in the form of healthcare, food stamps, HUD housing etc. MANY Wal-mart employees qualify for these programs and the company tacitly accepts the fact, even as they destroy the jobs that would provide a living wage with benefits. This becomes a win/win for the retail giant and American workers and the taxpayers pay the price.
I agree with this assessment OT for the most part. However, the power to control this is in the American consumer's hands. If the American consumer would simply not patronize Walmart stores, this situation would go away. However, Walmart continues this model because it is successful. Why? Because enough American consumers are purchasing cheap, low priced goods. The only way to offer low priced goods is to reduce costs. Walmart does this buy purchasing from factories located in countries with low labor wages. They also do this buy only paying low wages for their own labor. We as consumers and employees can place a huge hurdle in this model by simply not purchasing these goods and not working somewhere with low wages. Walmart couldn't operate if this were to happen.

Here is a real life example. We had a family come into one of our stores and state "we are only interested in USA made brands." Our salesperson only showed them goods made in the USA. This family stated they did not wish to pay those prices for what they were interested in. The salesperson then showed them imported goods that were similar in function and style. They liked that pricing a lot better. Mind you, we are only talking about a 15% difference in price. The husband asked our sales associate did the imported manufacturer have an office in the USA? The sales associate stated this manufacturer had a U.S. Division, but nothing from this manufacturer was actually made in the U.S. The husband stated this was good enough and purchased the imported goods.

The bottom line is we are now in a day when U.S. manufactured goods are considered luxury goods. Only the more affluent consumers can purchase them. The only way out of this predicament is lower manufacturing costs in the U.S. or higher manufacturing costs elsewhere. The other option is for Americans to simply not purchase foreign produced goods, however, we have seen the proof this probably won't happen.

My company also carries goods that are environment friendly, i.e. "green goods." They too cost about 15% more. In my experience, I have found very few consumers willing to pay anything more for "green" goods. American consumers don't care is a product is "green friendly" or not.

I see posters naming Walmart when describing this situation, but there are many other retailers doing the exact same thing, i.e. Lowes, Home Depot, Sears, JC Penny, Value City, Big Lots, etc. This model is rapidly expanding due to the preferences of the consumer. Simply paying more wages will increase the retailers costs, which in turn will increase the pricing, which in turn we lower the demand for their goods. No retailer is going to do this, especially during these economic times unless the American consumer changes their buying behavior.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

"buy" = "by"
roxyb

Denver, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

How long does it take for ecstasy to wear off completely?someone put some n my water last night n it's lessened but I still feelin it
Scarlett Pimple

Jamestown, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2013

Judged:

Did you hear the story about the Walmart greeter who was often late for work. When the store manager asked him what they used to say to him when he came in late for work in his previous job, his answer was,“Can I get you some coffee, Admiral?”
Janice wrote:
Balderdash. Walmart could not survive by republicans alone. Indeed, I had the opportunity to go in the Walmart in Oakland Park, FL, and there were thousands of Obama bumper stickers in the parking lot.
Janice wrote:
Wal-Mart depletes local businesses by their low pricing of all good's to the point local business cannot compete, the local business owners wind up selling/losing their businesses and becoming Wal Mart greeter's.
There’s no question that small town retailers are hurt when a Walmart comes in. Those that cannot find a way to compete, often go out of business. But that’s the way it’s supposed to be.

Do you say the same thing when a McDonalds is built in a small town? How many small restaurants have been put out of business by McDonalds, or Burger King, or Wendy’s?

How many gas stations have been put out of business by someone putting up a Jiffy Lube of Pit Row oil change place?

How many small co-ops have been hurt by the addition of a Tractor Supply?

How many small office supply businesses have been destroyed by Office Max, Staples, or Office depot?

You cannot name ONE consumer product that doesn’t have some huge chain that has eliminated a small, local business.

Do you complain about them?

You are a progressive. The move to cheaper, throw away goods is progress. You asked for it you got it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,321 - 73,340 of140,563
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Johnson City Forum right now

Search the Johnson City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tupelo honey 1 hr Keystone 19
living in johnson city tenn (Jan '14) 1 hr Keystone 7
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr WAC 8,898
anyone know 2 hr Mario 6
Central Office blaming each other for abuse cov... 2 hr Proud parent 2
WCDE Teachers Supporting Hammond 4 hr Hammond Supporter 10
No for Hammond 4 hr Watcher 32
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 11 hr Tanya 56
•••