Comments
54,301 - 54,320 of 145,947 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Pisster

Johnson City, TN

#59224 Dec 15, 2012
your rite overtaxed and to top it off news reported he was autistic did he overthrow her and get the guns ? we ll never know. it startz at home ! this teacher shoulda had her psycho kid in therapy what makes people tick ?
OldTennGranny

Johnson City, TN

#59225 Dec 15, 2012
Melvan wrote:
The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun.
I agree !

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#59226 Dec 15, 2012
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>I have no idea how you figured out about our late night rondevue and our mid-night delight.
Just for that I'll put a lump of coal in your stocking.
LOL! Darn Dunlapian, it seems like we can't do anything without 30 or 40 People watching...Morning, Noon, or Night :)
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#59227 Dec 15, 2012
Overtaxed wrote:
IF tighter gun control laws would have prevented this tragedy....I would say we needed tighter gun control laws.
The news has reported that these guns were legitamately purchased and registered to the shooter's mother. In order to have prevented this debacle, his mother would have lost her right to own a gun. That would violate her rights guaranteed under the constitution.
We MAY have a "gun" problem in this country but we definately have a mental health problem, and this disaster is more a failing in that regard. I think the facts will show that this kid was a troubled soul for years, and his problems were not properly addressed. Combine that with the fact that his mother kept guns in her home, and you have this result.
I am for an assault weapons ban, and a limit on the size of clips available for semi-automatic weapons, BUT neither of those constraints would have prevented this shooting from happening.
Many state mental health facilities have been closed due to cuts in funding. I think we have just turned many of them loose on society. This boy may have never been taken for a mental health evaluation, but from news reports, his mental health had been in question for some time, and it is a shame something was not done to prevent this.

Location hidden

#59228 Dec 15, 2012
Pisster wrote:
and a mom that should have kept her guns locked up !
You know, I thought the same thing when I read that so many People knew the Shooter "had problems". But, I didn't post it because I don't know, yet, where he got the guns...whether or not they belonged to his Mother.
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#59229 Dec 15, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, I thought the same thing when I read that so many People knew the Shooter "had problems". But, I didn't post it because I don't know, yet, where he got the guns...whether or not they belonged to his Mother.
The news is reporting that they were all registered to his mother.
Pisster

Johnson City, TN

#59230 Dec 15, 2012
he had it all planned out bullet proof vest n all !
Pisster

Johnson City, TN

#59231 Dec 15, 2012
Beth Israel, who lived for a time on the same street as the Lanzas, recalled Adam Lanza as withdrawn, but not threatening in any way.

“Overall, I would just call him a socially awkward kid, I don’t know, shy and quiet. Didn’t really look you in the eye,” Israel said in a telephone interview Friday night.“Just kind of a weird kid, maybe. I can’t tell you any specific incidents why [I thought so],” she said

Reported from Washington Post about the killer- watch out for the nice quiet onez is what Ive alwayz heard

innocent kidz being harmed hurt killed is what pushez my buttonz itz like kill your mom or yourself if you want but leave children alone ! sicko

Location hidden

#59232 Dec 15, 2012
OldTennGranny wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree !
I agree with that statement, also. But, asking Teachers to come to class armed, I'm afraid, could cause more problems than it would solve, detract from their "teaching" duties and how many of them would be willing to do it? Plus, what message would that send to the Students, especially at that age?

I just see Assigned Police Officers or Trained Armed Security Guards as the only answer, that I can think of....and where are we going to get the money?

It's a problem with NO easy answers, but we have to do something! We CANNOT continue to allow this happen. "Columbine" was One Time Too Many, and now Little 5 to 10-year-olds? It just CANNOT continue!
If those Surviving Children don't have problems for the rest of their Lives because of this, I'll be the most surprised Person on earth. I hope they ALL get counseling to help them deal with this and I hope it works.
Pisster

Johnson City, TN

#59233 Dec 15, 2012
oh i didnt mean itz ok to kill his mom but he coulda left them kids alone ! i m just rambling

Location hidden

#59234 Dec 15, 2012
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
The news is reporting that they were all registered to his mother.
Then, I agree...what on earth was she thinking? She should not only have had them locked up, she should have had them hidden from him!
She, of all People, should have known what her Son might be capable of doing! She paid the price for her inattentiveness, her denial, or whatever it was, but so have so many Others that were totally innocent.
It just boggles the Mind!

Location hidden

#59236 Dec 15, 2012
Pisster wrote:
oh i didnt mean itz ok to kill his mom but he coulda left them kids alone ! i m just rambling
No, you're just trying to make some sense out of it, as we ALL are...and that's a perfectly normal thing for the Mind to do, when it just can't "compute" something so irrational and horrible.
Pisster

Johnson City, TN

#59237 Dec 15, 2012
she problly didnt want all her friendz n teacherz n the community to know he was crazy so she swept it under the rug n acted like all waz good i guarantee he was physically n mentally anusive to her n she lived in fear what a nut case

Location hidden

#59238 Dec 15, 2012
Pisster wrote:
Beth Israel, who lived for a time on the same street as the Lanzas, recalled Adam Lanza as withdrawn, but not threatening in any way.
“Overall, I would just call him a socially awkward kid, I don’t know, shy and quiet. Didn’t really look you in the eye,” Israel said in a telephone interview Friday night.“Just kind of a weird kid, maybe. I can’t tell you any specific incidents why [I thought so],” she said
Reported from Washington Post about the killer- watch out for the nice quiet onez is what Ive alwayz heard
innocent kidz being harmed hurt killed is what pushez my buttonz itz like kill your mom or yourself if you want but leave children alone ! sicko
It's a Parent's job to try and get their Child to talk about what's going on in their head, when they are withdrawn and too quiet. A wise Parent knows that there's alot of thoughts and emotions going on with any Child once they reach their Teens and getting them to talk about some of it, at least, can mean the difference between a Child developing normally and turning out like this One. If they just won't talk about any of it, then they need some Professional Help to get them to "release" all those doubts, fears, and emotions that are caused even by hormones and just the "growing Up" process, in general. Too many Parents are too busy, too self-absorbed in their own problems to take the time and put forth the effort to do that...and in my opinion, that's a huge mistake!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#59239 Dec 15, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you're just trying to make some sense out of it, as we ALL are...and that's a perfectly normal thing for the Mind to do, when it just can't "compute" something so irrational and horrible.
This is just pure speculation on my part, but I wondered if he felt like she cared more about those kids than she did him. Again, that is just trying to think of some reason why he would do that after he had already killed his mom. In the early reporting it sounded like he had killed his mother in the classroom, and at least that would make some sense as to why he went there. And why put on a bullet proof vest if you are going to kill yourself?
BC Alien

United States

#59240 Dec 15, 2012
Unreal wrote:
<quoted text>
Many state mental health facilities have been closed due to cuts in funding. I think we have just turned many of them loose on society. This boy may have never been taken for a mental health evaluation, but from news reports, his mental health had been in question for some time, and it is a shame something was not done to prevent this.
Makes one wonder what congress will come up with. Last time it was bullets which was completely off in the wild blue. Let the liberals mention spending more for strengthening mental health and see what happens. Unfortunately the liberals seem stumped on what to do as well. Most likely nothing (again) will be done.
Melvan

Matawan, NJ

#59241 Dec 15, 2012
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
Then, I agree...what on earth was she thinking? She should not only have had them locked up, she should have had them hidden from him!
She, of all People, should have known what her Son might be capable of doing! She paid the price for her inattentiveness, her denial, or whatever it was, but so have so many Others that were totally innocent.
It just boggles the Mind!
When my son lived with me I kept my guns in my gun safe where most of them still are.
OldTennGranny

Johnson City, TN

#59242 Dec 15, 2012
His brother told the Investigator he was Autistic. Have u read how "gifted" the Autistic are in some manner? Theres usually a manner of some kind of brilliance in them.

His best friend said he was probably a Genius. There arrives that fine line between brilliance & insanity once again.

I wonder why they stopped doing those ear surgeries on the Autistic? It adjusted the hearing to the point that sounds did not sound frightening to them & it made them less capable of being violent. I never hear or read of the surgeries anymore & was just wondering.

Location hidden

#59243 Dec 15, 2012
Pisster wrote:
she problly didnt want all her friendz n teacherz n the community to know he was crazy so she swept it under the rug n acted like all waz good i guarantee he was physically n mentally anusive to her n she lived in fear what a nut case
Unfortunately, you're probably right. But, Parents facing the same decision, should ask themselves...which is worse, admitting that your child isn't perfect and getting them the help they need, or risking something like this happening? It should be an easy decision!
And we should stop making Mental Illness a shameful thing! A Diseased Mind is no different than a disease of any other part of the body and we should start thinking of it in those terms!
Unreal

Dandridge, TN

#59244 Dec 15, 2012
BC Alien wrote:
<quoted text>Makes one wonder what congress will come up with. Last time it was bullets which was completely off in the wild blue. Let the liberals mention spending more for strengthening mental health and see what happens. Unfortunately the liberals seem stumped on what to do as well. Most likely nothing (again) will be done.
The same is true for more spending on education. Everyone wants to beef up security for the schools right now, but wait until they ask for funding to do it and see what happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Still no horses allowed the Tweetsie Trail 2 hr sure 12
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr turdddd 9,319
a video about the abuse cover up! 7 hr WillGetJustice 1
Ed Graybeal is trying to protect Ron Dykes and ... 7 hr WillGetJustice 8
Okay 8 hr okay 1
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 9 hr lady01 NYC 152
poorboy lawncare 10 hr adam 9
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••