etsu post office stops drug ring....p...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Back the Bucs

Chatsworth, GA

#22 Dec 5, 2012
Uncle Charlie Strong wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like you have about the same low IQ average as Back the Bucs. Typical ETSU hillbilly bible thumper. Legize marijuana you stupid imbasols. I bet every one if you rednecks have a degree in social work. Probably on government assistance. ETSU sure is proud.
"imbasols" (gotta love it)
Uncle Charlie Strong

Johnson City, TN

#23 Dec 5, 2012
Back the Bucs wrote:
<quoted text>
Social work anyone??
Goat

Johnson City, TN

#24 Dec 5, 2012
Back the Bucs wrote:
<quoted text>
Imbeciles= you!
Millie

Johnson City, TN

#25 Dec 5, 2012
I'm glad the truth about the drug ring came out, but, legally, Postmaster or not, I believe..not 100% sure, but, It's my understanding, they have to obtain a warrant first..before opening a package like that. It's my understanding he sought guidance from "somebody" who told him he could open it if he had reasonable suspicion, but apparently it was wrong. You do have to obtain a warrant first. So he may have really messed up.

However, ETSU is really on the verge of being taken over by a bunch of thug like types..and as for the basketball program in general..where do I even start on that one?? except to say it sucks in every aspect.
Mike

Kingsport, TN

#26 Dec 5, 2012
<quoted text>It sounds like you have about the same low IQ average as Back the Bucs. Typical ETSU hillbilly bible thumper. Legize marijuana you stupid imbasols. I bet every one if you rednecks have a degree in social work. Probably on government assistance. ETSU sure is proud.
Have you ever heard of a satire? I do not know what ETSU person you have been hanging around but I would not choose to say "hillbilly bible themper"to describe them. Sure the area contains "hillbillies"but what part of the world doesn't? According to many sources 96? of Americans have accepted government assistants, so you are just calling ETSU people normal? http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/...
Heckfire

Kingsport, TN

#27 Dec 6, 2012
"imbasols"....'nuff said.
Goat

United States

#28 Dec 6, 2012
Heckfire wrote:
<quoted text>"imbasols".. ..'nuff said.
Hurry the soup kitchen is needing more workers. Loser.
one thing for sure

Abingdon, VA

#29 Dec 6, 2012
The kids were wrong for sure but the "Postmaster" was as well. Would have been too easy for him to contact the School Security and then let them contact the Police. TOO EASY. Instead someone who has worked the job long enough to know how things operate and the law concerning his job tried to one up and by pass other departments and he got burnt. ETSU is not at fault on any level for him being fired- he is, he broke the law. Get over it. If you think for one minute ETSU would have fired him after him finding out about the drugs and stuff if there wasn't a reason then you are truly an idiot. That would have been a bigger black eye for the school then the players situation. Unreal!!

He may have put any legal case against the players in the toilet as well. Not that getting kicked off the team and all the other things they have lost isn't enough, but there are laws and you can't break some to catch someone breaking another. WRONG IS WRONG!!
pricethree

White Pine, TN

#30 Dec 9, 2012
I agree with Buc No More. This Mike does not have a clue. He is probably in on drugs as well. Those basketball players were drug dealers so who cares if their lieves are ruined. They should not be dealing with evil things.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#31 Dec 9, 2012
Concern ETSU Alumni wrote:
It is a sad day for the faculty, staff and employees of ETSU. Postmaster busts drug thugs and is fired for doing it. Today, ETSU President/Dean and School Officials fired the ETSU postmaster for doing his job! They have put out the word, you mess with our athletic department and you will pay! ETSU Basketball stars were operating a drug ring, using the staff of the ETSU post office, thinking they would never get caught smuggling drugs on campus and then having the gall to try and ship those drugs.....well they show them! Revenue? Political? What is happening to our school? Would they have terminated the players had it not been discovered on campus? This was used as a warning. Don't mess with our Revenue! What about all the other students who were buying these drugs from these guys? Have they tracked them or have they even tried. School officials are worried about basketball revenues, they now will have to worry about Alumni donations and the moral's of the school. Hopefully a lot of parents will see that this is not the place for their children.....punishing long time employees for doing their jobs!!!!! What will they do next. No matter what, we support the postmaster and are glad he took action to try and save all students from drug dealers. Too bad Nolan doesn't see that.
I thoroughly agree with this posting. The gentleman that was fired is a good honorable and moral man. He made a mistake for all the right reasons. He was fired too quickly in an unfair way. The administration at ETSU should be ashamed of themselves. David Collins has had a vendata against the postmaster for years. Dr. Noland should check it out. Everyone should email the president in support of the postmaster. We need to stop the drug dealers. I do not care if they are basketball players. The university needs to promote education not sports. Email in support of the postmaster at [email protected]

Location hidden

#32 Dec 9, 2012
one thing for sure wrote:
The kids were wrong for sure but the "Postmaster" was as well. Would have been too easy for him to contact the School Security and then let them contact the Police. TOO EASY. Instead someone who has worked the job long enough to know how things operate and the law concerning his job tried to one up and by pass other departments and he got burnt. ETSU is not at fault on any level for him being fired- he is, he broke the law. Get over it. If you think for one minute ETSU would have fired him after him finding out about the drugs and stuff if there wasn't a reason then you are truly an idiot. That would have been a bigger black eye for the school then the players situation. Unreal!!
He may have put any legal case against the players in the toilet as well. Not that getting kicked off the team and all the other things they have lost isn't enough, but there are laws and you can't break some to catch someone breaking another. WRONG IS WRONG!!
You are unreal.(By the way where did you go to school? Your grammar needs correcting. You used the word then when you should use than. Who is the real idiot here?) The postmaster was told that he could do what he did. You must be one of the idiots who support drugs. ETSU should do anything and everthing possible to stop the passing around of drugs. The man made a mistake for all the right reasons. We need to stop letting the bad guys win all the time. Our society is going down hill more and more each day.

Location hidden

#33 Dec 9, 2012
Buccaneer No More wrote:
This is why no one supports ETSU. What a shame for this man to lose his job doing the right thing. Way to go ETSU, just keep protecting your thugs from the hood.
I agree with you. There has been a lot of things going on at ETSU that the administration has ignored. The university should be promoting education, but it seems more interested in the sports teams. I am sick and tired of sports taken presidence over academics. That, of course, is another issue.
The postmaster made a mistake for all the right reasons. He was trying to stop the drug trafficking at ETSU. It seems that the coaches have ignored the problem. Something needs to be done.
Email Noland in support of the postmaster and ask him to reinstate the postmaster. Email at [email protected]

Location hidden

#34 Dec 9, 2012
Concern ETSU Alumni wrote:
The JC paper has an article in the paper today about the termination of the postmaster's position....The ironic thing is that the players are still there!!! The paper failed to mention that the man who gave the order to terminate postmasters employment, apparently has not liked him for sometime and like any small town, politics rule the day. To bad for the all staff members. You would think that 20+ years of dedicated service to ETSU would count for something, but it didn't in his case. We continue to support the postmaster and Pray that the man who gave the order to terminate his employment can sleep at night, and Mr. Nolan also. Our hope is that the postmaster continues to hold tight to his morals and that God has great things in store for him. Remember the drug dealers, still on campus,,,,once a drug dealer always a drug dealer so watch out for your student......hopefully we will be able to get this word out to all alumni and that the ETSU administration will suffer for this deed.
Continue to get the word out in support of the postmaster. He does not deserve the treatment that he has received. He was trying to do the right thing....get rid of the drugs. This is totally unfair to the community as well.

Location hidden

#35 Dec 9, 2012
Buccaneer No More wrote:
<quoted text>
You dont know crap. Ive known the man for over 20 years and yes he is postmaster. Who cares if the ghetto boys lives are ruined?
I agree with you. The other guy does not know crap. The postmaster has been a moral, honorable man his whole life. He is devoted to his family, friends, and community. He is a hero in my book! He should be rewarded for trying to stop drugs. ETSU has lost my support and respect for performing such a distastful act. I hope the president of the university corrects this mistake. Please continue showing your support for the postmaster.
Bellows

Jonesborough, TN

#36 Dec 9, 2012
Goat wrote:
What part don't you understand? Legalize it and you take the crime away. Typical closed-minded thumper.
I'm a bible thumper who does want it to be legalized and I'm not the only one. I'd like to try it too. The benefits of legalizing pot are endless. The only bad thing about pot is the smoke/tar to the lungs, but once it's legal, they can use methods like brownies or something.

The reason it's not legal in Tennessee right now is because Leutenant Idiot Ron Ramsey in Blountville and some of his henchmen are into the pockets of some thugs in Nashville that want to take over the prison system and privatize it. THAT'S HUGE MONEY AT TAXPAYERS EXPENSE.

They are absolutely scared to death now that Colorado is going to show the positive results of legalizing it much much sooner than expected. Now that Colorado and Washington have legalized pot, it will prove to be a huge success. Well, ultimately that will make it legal in Tennessee within a decade. Probably 6 years. So the thugs have lost just a bit of interest. Marajuana charges account for almost 1/3 of the people in Tennessee prison costing taxpayers $200 million per year. That $200 million was going into Ramsey's friends pockets. Just a business decision. Nothing personal.
Bellows

Jonesborough, TN

#37 Dec 9, 2012
<quoted text>Social work anyone??
Funny as hell,
Booker Phillips

Marion, VA

#38 Dec 9, 2012
pricethree wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you. The other guy does not know crap. The postmaster has been a moral, honorable man his whole life. He is devoted to his family, friends, and community. He is a hero in my book! He should be rewarded for trying to stop drugs. ETSU has lost my support and respect for performing such a distastful act. I hope the president of the university corrects this mistake. Please continue showing your support for the postmaster.
I'm sure the postmaster is a honorable and moral man and I certainly hate to see him fired for what he perceived as doing the right thing, but we have rules against unlawful searches and seizures in our country that we must all abide...no matter the possible outcome of those searches. Even though the intended recipients of those drugs are most likely nowhere near as moral as the postmaster, they still have equal protection against unlawful searches the same as you and I.
I have never used a drug in my life and I certainly have little use for those who consistently do, yet I still don't want the government to have unlimited power to search as they see fit. While the postmaster should be applauded for putting a stop to the drugs these young men had been receiving, I wish he had applied a little more patience and let the drug investigators follow-up on the information he received. The outcome would have been the same, but it would have been done lawfully and the case against the recipients would have been much stronger and less apt to be dismissed.
The Shadow

Farmville, VA

#39 Dec 12, 2012
Oh, the ETSU Administration's time IS coming. A major shit storm is brewing and they WILL get their butts kicked and so will the ETSU Druggies! The Shadow KNOWS! BWWWWAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! ;>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Williams property for school 2 hr Sad 10
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) 4 hr Jennifer 1,485
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 7 hr Control of School... 127
Rick Cheek at Comcast 12 hr American Injun 3
Firehouse Subs should be in Johnson City!!!!! 16 hr SUBmarine 1
LGBT and now Q? 17 hr Really 101
Kimberly Babb? 18 hr yep 2

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance