Why Won't Dykes Stop Danny Good?

Why Won't Dykes Stop Danny Good?

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Money Grubbin

Dallas, TX

#1 Mar 6, 2010
I no longer have any respect for that Director of schools Ronald Dykes. He is so scared of upsetting Clarence Mabe that he allows Danny Good to threaten volunteers, parents and schools employees at Boone. How can Dykes have no accountability for any of this money? Good gets a bonus of ticket sales, concession stands, ball tournaments and money found under the bleachers. If he makes $48,000 that should be enough! Why can't the money raised go back to help the school. Is Dykes that much of a wimp or too clueless not to stop this madness!
Done with Dykes

Kingsport, TN

#2 Mar 8, 2010
Dykes is a joke! Good is an uneducated idiot! Definitely some sucking going on here!!! There are many dedicated hard working parents that donate their time and money to support the athletic programs in Washington County. So sad that a leach like Good as been allowed to screw the tax payers. Also, these parents should stand up - but I understand – if they do then their kid will probably take the heat – by being put in the bench regardless of their athletic abilities. This crap has gone on for years. If you’ve ever attended Daniel Boone High School – then you know …you can be a quadriplegic and have a “particular last name” and start at any sport you so choose to play. Unfair, then these kids grow into adults and make their careers in education in Washington County (whether or not you have a degree), and are allowed special privileges their entire lives. There are rules for the good ‘ole boys and then there are rules for everyone else. Some things NEVER change!
Better Schools

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Mar 10, 2010
Is Clarence Mabe running for re-election to the school board? I hope not.
yes

Nashville, TN

#4 Mar 10, 2010
Better Schools wrote:
Is Clarence Mabe running for re-election to the school board? I hope not.
Mabe is running for re-election and so is his newly appointed sidekick and yesman Bill Brinkley. Board Chairman and circus ring leader has one of his buddies running as well. Andrea "Andi" Hooper is being endorsed behind the scenes by Phil McClain the spineless weiner salesman who goes along with the others. HOTDOG McClain might have these 3 chilidogs serving with him after election if Washington County Voters do not step up and vote.
R KING

Johnson City, TN

#5 Mar 20, 2010
Danny Good is a great addition to DBHS athletics. Maybe if the boosters could support where all their money goes it wouldnt be such a big deal. You people should know what your t6alking about before you try to run someones name in the ground.
john m

Nashville, TN

#6 Mar 20, 2010
R KING wrote:
Danny Good is a great addition to DBHS athletics. Maybe if the boosters could support where all their money goes it wouldnt be such a big deal. You people should know what your t6alking about before you try to run someones name in the ground.
You must truly be misinformed-ask any teacher. Maybe you are related but facts are facts and the bad outweighs the "Good" pardon the pun. Anyone sayong other wise has no clue of the truth or just plain lying. All info is available to be proved and many sources have been stated.
Done with Dykes

Kingsport, TN

#7 Mar 26, 2010
R KING wrote:
Danny Good is a great addition to DBHS athletics. Maybe if the boosters could support where all their money goes it wouldnt be such a big deal. You people should know what your t6alking about before you try to run someones name in the ground.
Are you kidding? Bet I can guess your last name!
BCM PARENT

Jonesborough, TN

#8 Apr 4, 2010
money grubbin you are so far off base it's not funny! No where across the U.S.A. does an A.D. in high school get kick backs from ticket sales. It's said to see people like you grabbing in the air for false statements, but like a handful of people you don't have your facts straight and never will because you want go find the facts or truth. You thrive on the negative side of life.
truth be known

Nashville, TN

#9 Apr 4, 2010
BCM PARENT wrote:
money grubbin you are so far off base it's not funny! No where across the U.S.A. does an A.D. in high school get kick backs from ticket sales. It's said to see people like you grabbing in the air for false statements, but like a handful of people you don't have your facts straight and never will because you want go find the facts or truth. You thrive on the negative side of life.
True Danny does not get kick backs(in a way). However proceeds raised do go to help paying his salary even Clarence Mabe references this. Many feel students should directly benefit. And it is factual Dannys hiring was not illegal just unethical and highly questionable. Danny and the board knew any person with an IQ of 50 or more would catch this. This is why we need rid of Mabe and Brinkley. Andi Hooper wants rid of Good and Cloyd seems to suggest the same in front of certain people(but not always given definite answer in front of some.
Old Time School Board

Elizabethton, TN

#10 Apr 13, 2010
I ran for school board years and years ago and tried telling everyone about Mabe but no one would listen then. And Danny Good does get a percent of gate sales....it is in the contract. Go to Board of education and request a copy...it is public record, it is in there.
Why

Jonesborough, TN

#11 Apr 14, 2010
Why do you all have to get on here and bad mouth Mr. Good. Maybe you don't like how he was hired. Thats just life. It happens in America everyday. What you are overlooking is this: Look over all the people who applied for the job. Good people but who would care more about DBHS and its feeder school? Its not just a job for him, its a place where he grew up and played sports. A place he loves. He is making athletics better for this side of the county! That is our kids he is working hard for. And it is true money raised from tournaments will help pay his salary. But who is going to run all those tournys with out getting paid?
It is funny how someone will bad mouth people behind their back. Its easy with out using your own name.
Mabe Mafia

Spring Hill, TN

#12 Apr 14, 2010
Good used his position on the school board to get a job and that is highly unethical. Plus with the Mafia kingpin Mabe helping him get a salary of $50,000 a year plus benefits he makes more than teachers with Master's degrees. Who cares about Good. I thought it was all about the kids and their academic success. Get the Mafia out of Washington County Schools.
Larry Hughes

Nashville, TN

#13 Apr 14, 2010
Why wrote:
Why do you all have to get on here and bad mouth Mr. Good. Maybe you don't like how he was hired. Thats just life. It happens in America everyday. What you are overlooking is this: Look over all the people who applied for the job. Good people but who would care more about DBHS and its feeder school? Its not just a job for him, its a place where he grew up and played sports. A place he loves. He is making athletics better for this side of the county! That is our kids he is working hard for. And it is true money raised from tournaments will help pay his salary. But who is going to run all those tournys with out getting paid?
It is funny how someone will bad mouth people behind their back. Its easy with out using your own name.
The tournaments are not necessary and can be held in other places where they use parent volunteers who want tournament badly enough. I use my name why dont you?
Laughable Arguments

Elizabethton, TN

#14 Apr 22, 2010
Mabe Mafia wrote:
Good used his position on the school board to get a job and that is highly unethical. Plus with the Mafia kingpin Mabe helping him get a salary of $50,000 a year plus benefits he makes more than teachers with Master's degrees. Who cares about Good. I thought it was all about the kids and their academic success. Get the Mafia out of Washington County Schools.
You do know that his contract is based on 12 months, not 10, like other teachers. So yes, he would be getting paid more but he also has to work during the summer time. You also know that on the weekends, he has to be at athletic events, correct? So that is more time that is spent on this job.
The fact of the matter is the amount of work that goes into this job is why people did not apply for the job. I have not seen anyone stand up and say "I was over-qualified for the job, I didn't get it, Danny Good and Ron Dykes did this" and there you have it. All we hear is that people are upset how one day you have a school board member the next an athletic director.
Danny Good does not threaten people at Boone, gets along great with all the staff, and is someone in the community that everyone knows. Some of you people that don't like how he got hired was one thing, but all he did was apply for the job and then resign his position. If you don't like how it was done, talk to Mr. Dykes. It was said to be unethical but not illegal, so just grow up. What's done is done and with the money that was given a few weeks ago from the US government, those athletic directors and grounds crew are here to stay.

A lot of people worry about how "Oh our students should have nurses and free lunches and after school babysitting and an education and blah blah blah" and you know what, I understand that, but from the athletic stand-point Washington County schools have been behind for years from EVERYONE in the area and when some chances come to get some good facilities, to get some great grounds, to have people in positions to get our name out there, people shout and curse those who are trying to do something to put our name on the map. Grow up, deal with it. If you really wanted to do some change you would be down asking for more money to be spent on education so every single school in Washington County made every other county in the state look like a joke. The hard working teachers of Washington County get paid 10,000 less than either of the city schools in the area, and even with that look at all the accomplishments that they have. If you so called watchdogs really wanted to make change, you would actually do something instead of complain. If you don't like the administration, that's fine everyone can have that opinion, but when you keep hammering down on them and don't even seem to care what happens to any of the teachers, volunteers, and staff in the county...then you just send out a message that there will not be any positive change in the county, just keep doing business as usual. Thanks.
NOT Very Laughable

Kingsport, TN

#15 Apr 24, 2010
I have to spend my own money to take expensive college classes this summer to update my recertification. I am still paying back college loans I owe for my education. I did not have a rich daddy like Mabe to pay for it all. I was not a ballplayer for Mabe either so I could not get a job paying $18,000 more than I make now- like Danny has been given because he is a Mabe cronie. HOW IS THIS FAIR? I will have to WORK on my college class this summer too. Not VERY LAUGHABLE
Park and Rec Mahem

Kingsport, TN

#16 Apr 24, 2010
I will NEVER accept the unethical hiring of Good and all the wasteful Athletic spending. Why should he make more than teachers with master's degrees? The "plan" was to recruit ball teams out of state this summer for tournaments. The school system could have paid a park and rec salary since it doesn't even involve Washington county students. I don't care if he works 13 months 24/7 he is over paid for his H.S. degree and you know it. Thanks for mentioning that teachers in our county make $10 thousand less than city teachers. With this Athletic before Academic mentality I suspect it will get worse. When teachers asked Mabe about help when insurance premiums increased in Jan. he told them, "be lucky you have a job." The school system should not have gotten into the Mega Sports for profit Schemes. What's next are shop classes going to start building ripoff amusement machines for profit? Mabe should have spent his own money on all this sports Projects and teachers and school employees should have gotten their raises. If anything good (pardon the pun) comes of this mess, I hope it wakes up voters to the insanity of current board members and Dykes. Elect new board members this summer!
NOT Very Laughable

Kingsport, TN

#17 Apr 24, 2010
I will VOTE FOR ALL NEW board members who respect an hard earned college education.
set it straight

AOL

#18 Apr 27, 2010
Done with Dykes wrote:
Dykes is a joke! Good is an uneducated idiot! Definitely some sucking going on here!!! There are many dedicated hard working parents that donate their time and money to support the athletic programs in Washington County. So sad that a leach like Good as been allowed to screw the tax payers. Also, these parents should stand up - but I understand – if they do then their kid will probably take the heat – by being put in the bench regardless of their athletic abilities. This crap has gone on for years. If you’ve ever attended Daniel Boone High School – then you know …you can be a quadriplegic and have a “particular last name” and start at any sport you so choose to play. Unfair, then these kids grow into adults and make their careers in education in Washington County (whether or not you have a degree), and are allowed special privileges their entire lives. There are rules for the good ‘ole boys and then there are rules for everyone else. Some things NEVER change!
Things are just the same at the middle & elementary schools. If you don't have the "right" last name you can forget sports, no matter if you are a great athlete. Same as it's always been, if you aren't in the "clik" you're nothing.
Also' if you go to a Boone Hoops game at Ridgeview it costs more for admission because a portion goes to the "Traveling team". How is this fair? Generally the traveling teams are combined by players fron other schools also. Could it be because the coaches are Good & his buddies?
BCM PARENT

Johnson City, TN

#19 Apr 27, 2010
Old Time School Board wrote:
I ran for school board years and years ago and tried telling everyone about Mabe but no one would listen then. And Danny Good does get a percent of gate sales....it is in the contract. Go to Board of education and request a copy...it is public record, it is in there.
you are wrong i went to Central Office and your statement is WRONG it is a false statement and you know it just wanting to stir the pot old time board member!
Larry Hughes

Nashville, TN

#20 Apr 27, 2010
BCM PARENT wrote:
<quoted text>you are wrong i went to Central Office and your statement is WRONG it is a false statement and you know it just wanting to stir the pot old time board member!
Not completely wrong. Danny Good gets a percentage of the ball tournaments when held not the weekly games. Not defending the board for their actions were not in good timing nor good judgement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Robinson Animal Hospital (Jan '14) 1 hr undecided 16
GOP leadership will protect Obamacare (Nov '14) 7 hr Hill Billy Boy 78
Karla Kyte Productions 17 hr Okay all is well 3
Thank God Ron Dykes is leaving. 17 hr Goodness 25
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Wed Tanya 720
Criminal Activity At Johnson City Boxing Club (May '12) Wed Shawn 21
Mahoneys, Johnson city, (Nov '07) Wed just Some Know-It... 153
More from around the web

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]