Very Anxious

United States

#1 Jan 1, 2013
My 80 year old dad is having a stnt put in his aortic valve tomorrow. I'm ABSLOTELY so scared that I can't catch my breath. Panic attacks. Mouth dry.

Please, just offer some experience, strength and hope. Has nine had this done. Does anyone know if its going to be OK?

Anything would be helpful. Ay suggestions whatsoever.

Thanks in advance
doc

Charlotte, NC

#2 Jan 1, 2013
Nothing to fear about this
OldTennGranny

Johnson City, TN

#3 Jan 2, 2013
Very Anxious wrote:
My 80 year old dad is having a stnt put in his aortic valve tomorrow. I'm ABSLOTELY so scared that I can't catch my breath. Panic attacks. Mouth dry.
This surgery has been performed so many times that they have pretty well perfected it.

When I am concerned about something I remind myself that because God is in control instead of me, everything is going to be A-OK. I pray that God comforts u.
Very Anxious

Durham, NC

#4 Jan 2, 2013
Oddly, I work at a place near Rogersville (no names) there are 22 employees, etc....we have known for three weeks that this has been coming. I have yet to receive the VERY FIRST well-wishing nor good luck nor anything else of any kind.

They all go to church, they all form hate groups and you can ask them the most elementary of questions regarding the bible.

They don't know it, but when I return, I will have accepted the position with another firm. No hard feelings. It's absolutely sociopathic in every form.
Anxious

Durham, NC

#5 Jan 2, 2013
OldTennGranny wrote:
<quoted text>
This surgery has been performed so many times that they have pretty well perfected it.
When I am concerned about something I remind myself that because God is in control instead of me, everything is going to be A-OK. I pray that God comforts u.
Actually I've done lots of praying and we have met with the doctor, the anesthesiologist and the RN... My anxiety level has dropped down put of the sky. Dad too... Now I'm actually so comfortable that I'm sleepy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for a SugarDaddy (Sep '10) 3 hr Elizabethton chris 25
Tim Cable leaving WJHL (Jul '13) 4 hr Jeff Quillen 11
Get Amy Lynn fired from Daytime Tri-Cities!!! (Jan '11) 4 hr Dallasdan 172
Washington County Superintendent 8 hr Not Now 4
Kasey Marler Fri OldTennGranny 19
Rent a center Thu Leave him alone 15
8th Grade Prom Apr 27 Miley 22

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance