IGA gone, Pricele$$ In
LawdFigi

Johnson City, TN

#1 Jul 3, 2012
Yep,
IGA is gone and PriceLe$$ has taken over on South Roan. I'm glad of it. IGA and PriceLe$$ are owned by the same outfit, but what a difference. No more rude and hateful cashiers, better quality produce and selections. Have you seen their meat dept.? Nice options at very reasonable prices. No, I don't work there, no horse in this race, but they have my business from now on! I'm glad there is an alternative to Food City. Y'all need to check it out before you go and form an opinion. So don't go mouthing off before you try them.
abc123

Kingsport, TN

#2 Jul 4, 2012
Their pricing scheme is worthless if they have no buying power. I went to get dog food and the price marked was higher than Food City. That's before the 10% gets added at the register. However it is a much nicer store than Whites/IGA.
Buying Power

United States

#3 Jul 4, 2012
abc123 wrote:
Their pricing scheme is worthless if they have no buying power. I went to get dog food and the price marked was higher than Food City. That's before the 10% gets added at the register. However it is a much nicer store than Whites/IGA.
U may need to check out who owns the store? Houchens Industries. Im pretty sure buying power isnt an issue. I dont work there but i know alot about it. In sure there may be a thing or two cheaper at FC. But overall its not even close. Nicest and cheapest grocery store around.
abc123

Kingsport, TN

#4 Jul 4, 2012
Buying Power wrote:
<quoted text>U may need to check out who owns the store? Houchens Industries. Im pretty sure buying power isnt an issue. I dont work there but i know alot about it. In sure there may be a thing or two cheaper at FC. But overall its not even close. Nicest and cheapest grocery store around.
If buying power is not the issue I'm led to believe that they are just straight up lying about the "cost" of some items.
Use Common Sense

Charlotte, NC

#5 Jul 4, 2012
abc123 wrote:
<quoted text>
If buying power is not the issue I'm led to believe that they are just straight up lying about the "cost" of some items.
Every grocer doesnt buy from the same wholesaler. Therefore one places cost isnt the same as anothers. Does every gas station have the same price on gas? So i guess shell has more buying power than a BP. Lol. Songo to FC and buy dog food cheaper for a 1.00 and pay $20 more on the other stuff you pick up than you would at Price Less.
tnmomma

Johnson City, TN

#6 Jul 18, 2012
do they accept coupons at Pricele$$?
PricedUp

Summerville, GA

#7 Jul 22, 2012
abc123 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I've been there the past couple weeks but prices keep going up. I'm sure it's not buying power because Houchens is a larger company than Food City so they have more buying power. They have a few good deals like any grocery store with weekly specials, but are consistently higher than Food City on most items, especially when compared to the Valutime brand. Low grade meat with no angus, no pre-trimmed chicken, no marinated meats, no organics, no local produce. I got my hopes for the beer cave but it needs to be doubled in size for a better selection. The store fills the same role as the IGA as a place to get a good deals on a couple things but a poor selection, poor quality, and deceptively high prices. I do hope it stays in business but I'm going back to my routine of driving past it another block for grocery shopping.
Truf

Clover, SC

#8 Jul 31, 2012
LawdFigi wrote:
Yep,
IGA is gone and PriceLe$$ has taken over on South Roan. I'm glad of it. IGA and PriceLe$$ are owned by the same outfit, but what a difference. No more rude and hateful cashiers, better quality produce and selections. Have you seen their meat dept.? Nice options at very reasonable prices. No, I don't work there, no horse in this race, but they have my business from now on! I'm glad there is an alternative to Food City. Y'all need to check it out before you go and form an opinion. So don't go mouthing off before you try them.
the iga that was there before was awful. One visit was enough for me. I've heard the new place is better
lady

United States

#9 Apr 17, 2013
yes they take coupons
Pay More

Johnson City, TN

#10 Nov 6, 2015
Stopped there today. Had to walk around some buffoon hawking Johnson City Press subscriptions only to be asked for "gas money"' by a young woman who was either a hooker or undercover cop. IGA management sucks if they think that customers want crap like this when they grocery shop. I should have asked the prostitute if the manager got a pimp fee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslim Contributions to America? 3 hr natureboy 78
Philip Leroy-Beaulieu 3 hr Donald Trump 5
JC Wife beating husbands car 5 hr Family Thing 64
CCI probation Info 5 hr LawdyLaw 2
DNA Test? 12 hr sorry 8
Took it off? 12 hr MalcomX 10
Updated JC Wife video 20 hr Preacher molesto 79
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Jan 18 DonotBeThatNaive 1,640

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web