Does Daniel Boone High School need ne...

Does Daniel Boone High School need new leadership

Created by help on Mar 13, 2013

212 votes

Click on an option to vote

yes

no

undecided

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mamaw

Johnson City, TN

#1 Mar 13, 2013
I was wondering why David Crockett is only getting better while Daniel Boone High School is getting worse. Mr. Jackson came from Crockett to Boone. As a grandmother with grandkids in both I can tell you Principals do make or break a school. At Crockett I am told teachers are in the halls but not at Boone.
Jackson is said to cover things up while Mr. Hare solves problems regardless if athlete or not.
blazer

Johnson City, TN

#2 Mar 13, 2013
There are many issues to be dealt with at Boone. If the school director does not clean house at Boone I strongly believe we can persuade our school board not re-hire Dykes and do some house cleaning with his staff. Call your school board and make them aware.
truth

United States

#3 Mar 13, 2013
I don't know much about Boone but I do know Washington County Schools are top heavy with supervisors and asst. Directors. I would hope to see this change soon. It may or may not be time for a new director.
UT dad

Johnson City, TN

#4 Mar 14, 2013
Their guidance counselors are useless and a waste of money. What do they do with their time?
Athletics Academy

Elizabethton, TN

#5 Mar 15, 2013
The problem with Boone is their top priority is winning ballgames. This Athletic over Academic mentality has resulted in many concerned parents transferring their children to University High and other schools. I think a change in leadership is needed to turn this school around!
potters wheel

Johnson City, TN

#6 Mar 15, 2013
UT dad wrote:
Their guidance counselors are useless and a waste of money. What do they do with their time?
I work with them, and they have worked every night this week until 6:00 meeting with incoming freshman. I don't think you know what you are talking about!
wow

Johnson City, TN

#7 Mar 15, 2013
potters wheel wrote:
<quoted text>I work with them, and they have worked every night this week until 6:00 meeting with incoming freshman. I don't think you know what you are talking about!
Wow you mean they have worked til 6:00 this week out of 10 months. 6:00p.m. is so late. What about the rest of the year? My son is a junior and only seen his counselor twice in 2 years. Like to have never gotten transcript signed. His counselor likes his computer games.
math

Johnson City, TN

#8 Mar 16, 2013
The math department at Daniel Boone is in need of some serious teachers and soon. I also agree counselors need to do there job. I have complained but nothing has changed.
voter

Johnson City, TN

#9 Mar 17, 2013
There is need for changes at Boone. There are more students who do not play sports than those who do. People are tired of the adultery, cover ups of drug using/possession athletes and the recent teacher drinking while on job. The school is in need of complete administrator change. Parents should be outraged and get off their asses and demand more for their kids and tax dollar. ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE TRUE AND CAN BE PROVED. ASK WIVES, Ex-WIVES,PARENTS AND TEACHERS.
what leadership

Johnson City, TN

#10 Mar 20, 2013
You mean Boone has leadership now?
simple

Johnson City, TN

#11 Mar 21, 2013
mamaw wrote:
I was wondering why David Crockett is only getting better while Daniel Boone High School is getting worse. Mr. Jackson came from Crockett to Boone. As a grandmother with grandkids in both I can tell you Principals do make or break a school. At Crockett I am told teachers are in the halls but not at Boone.
Jackson is said to cover things up while Mr. Hare solves problems regardless if athlete or not.
Andy Hare is a moral and ethical man who handles problems whatever they may be instead of sweeping them under the rug or looking the other way. He puts students first and holds his staff accountable.
simple

Johnson City, TN

#12 Mar 21, 2013
Because of certain situations and certain employees I am hearing and betting we will have a new school superintendent in 2014. And I bet you will see different faces at the main office.
promised land

Johnson City, TN

#13 Mar 22, 2013
simple wrote:
Because of certain situations and certain employees I am hearing and betting we will have a new school superintendent in 2014. And I bet you will see different faces at the main office.
One can only hope and pray!
Do Tell

Knoxville, TN

#14 Mar 22, 2013
simple wrote:
Because of certain situations and certain employees I am hearing and betting we will have a new school superintendent in 2014. And I bet you will see different faces at the main office.
Do you know something that we don't know? Tell us more. Can't wait.
curious

Johnson City, TN

#15 Mar 24, 2013
simple wrote:
Because of certain situations and certain employees I am hearing and betting we will have a new school superintendent in 2014. And I bet you will see different faces at the main office.
Does Dykes term expire in 2014? Since voters don't pick the school superintendent anymore I guess it's up to school boards.
whats happening

Johnson City, TN

#16 Apr 6, 2013
What is going on at this school? Seems like there's alot of people complaining but nothing ever gets resolved.
daddy

Johnson City, TN

#17 Apr 10, 2013
Hell yes new leadership is needed. While staff blunders like coming to school drunk or affairs or drug use by ballplayers and staff members whose boyfriends get busted with pot are overlooked kids dipping skoal get in trouble. The only one worth keeping is Ms. Proffit.
Ms Proffit cares

Jonesborough, TN

#18 Apr 18, 2013
I agree with daddy, Ms. Proffit does a great job and sometimes I don't know how she can with all that goes on. She is the only one worth keeping!
Don

Johnson City, TN

#19 Apr 21, 2013
simple wrote:
Because of certain situations and certain employees I am hearing and betting we will have a new school superintendent in 2014. And I bet you will see different faces at the main office.
I hope you're wrong! Mr Dykes has gotten rid of more problems in the short time he has been there than all of the other directors combined! Remember, he is over more schools than just Boone and Crockett! Take your problems to one of the newest elected SB members. I've heard they're are a few who are taking everything they know to be a fact to Mr dykes and he is taking care if it! He cannot address what he does not know ! Furthermore, it has to be proven! You can't just go firing everybody without reasonable cause. There was evidence on the two Teachers at Boone and they will no longer be teaching at that school from what I've heard.
What happened

Greeneville, TN

#20 Apr 25, 2013
Did they get the ones who called in the bomb threat yesterday at Boone? If so what punishment did they get?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fake Muslim Democrat at DNC 4 hr no TY Towel head 191
Tax And Spend David Tomita 7 hr Taxpayers 38
Quality of Life Pain Clinic (Jan '13) 7 hr Mills 15
hcg 10 hr Jen 2
Eldridge and Meredith caught by JCP 18 hr Just saying 172
Fathers who don't pay child support Sun Spence Sr 16
Amanda Masoner Aug 21 Str8 8 3
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Aug 20 Mary 1,555

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages