First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Elmer Gantry

Johnson City, TN

#1 May 29, 2011
More specifically the anti-abortion Liars For Jesus...

http://www.topix.com/album/detail/johnson-cit...
Stuff

Johnson City, TN

#2 Jul 12, 2012
Elmer. Take 30 seconds to go to christiandemocrats.org just read the front page.
HELLO

Elizabethton, TN

#3 Feb 1, 2013
Wow that's some load of doo doo coming from the democrats and no I'm not republican just acutely aware that abortion is wrong. Plain and simple. Got nothing to do with repubs or dems. God is the only one who has the right to take a life. If you are raped and get pregnant that is God's will.
UR an Idiot

Jonesborough, TN

#4 Feb 1, 2013
HELLO wrote:
... God is the only one who has the right to take a life. If you are raped and get pregnant that is God's will.
Wow, you're really fu**ed in the head.
Sister Fatima

Jonesborough, TN

#5 Feb 1, 2013
Elmer Ganrty, I enjoy reading your posts. I want to remind you that you do not have to be religious to value the life of the unborn.

For some people, anti-abortion may be rooted in their religion but this is simply not the case for all. Personally I am getting really frustrated with being lumped in with those individuals when I say I value human life regardless of its stage of development.

I am an atheist, too, Elmer. I am not entirely sure this is a religious issue but rather it is a human issue. I dont believe in "sin", I think the concept is ridiculous. However, I do believe there is a fundamental difference between right and wrong.

Wrong = You hurt another living creature intentionally and unnecessarily.

You probably agree with this but where we differ in opinion is in the question "Is an unborn fetus a living creature?"

This is my moral compass, not a bible, not even the law of the land really.
Sister Fatima

Jonesborough, TN

#6 Feb 1, 2013
HELLO wrote:
Wow that's some load of doo doo coming from the democrats and no I'm not republican just acutely aware that abortion is wrong. Plain and simple. Got nothing to do with repubs or dems. God is the only one who has the right to take a life. If you are raped and get pregnant that is God's will.
If you wish to have a meaningful conversation (or learn anything new) youre going to have to be willing to consider other possibilities such as "Does God even exist?"

People who abandon logic cannot be reasoned with. It will be difficult for you to get anything other than a negative response to such a definitive comment such as the one above. It is a terrible case of circular reasoning that cannot be debated, here is why.

"Abortion is wrong."

Why? "Because God says so."

But Ive never seen God? "The Bible says He is real."

How do you know the Bible is True? "Because God says so in the Bible, and the Bible also says abortion/murder is wrong."

But WHY is abortion wrong? "Because God says so."

etc, etc.

A theory that cannot be tested or falsified is a weak theory indeed. I admire that you believe it is wrong to kill humans even in the early stages of development but perhaps your reasons for that belief are misguided. Your statement certainly gives credence to Elmer's original post.

If science demonstrated without a doubt that, God does not exist (just humor me for a sec) what would be your reasons for being against abortion? If you had never heard of God, would you still believe it was wrong? Why or why not?
Save the Livers

Morganton, NC

#7 Feb 1, 2013
Ah yes, circular reasoniing, the last refuge of those that have no real argument. That way, you're never wrong.
As far as god existing, it's hard to believe that a "loving" being would be so cruel as to require his creations to believe and worship something they've never seen, that there is no proof that he/she/it even exists, or they will burn forever in his refuse pile. That just doesn't pass the smell test with me. I believe if that is the description of god, and it really Did exist, I'd say its name would more rightly be satan, who seems a more vengeful, mean-spirited sort of fantasy, but fits the job description better.
Are you sure you folks haven't been putting all your chips on the wrong deity?
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#8 Feb 1, 2013
Sister Fatima wrote:
Elmer Ganrty, I enjoy reading your posts. I want to remind you that you do not have to be religious to value the life of the unborn.

For some people, anti-abortion may be rooted in their religion but this is simply not the case for all. Personally I am getting really frustrated with being lumped in with those individuals when I say I value human life regardless of its stage of development.

I am an atheist, too, Elmer. I am not entirely sure this is a religious issue but rather it is a human issue. I dont believe in "sin", I think the concept is ridiculous. However, I do believe there is a fundamental difference between right and wrong.

Wrong = You hurt another living creature intentionally and unnecessarily.

You probably agree with this but where we differ in opinion is in the question "Is an unborn fetus a living creature?"

This is my moral compass, not a bible, not even the law of the land really.
No matter what ones beliefs the matter of abortion usually comes down to a woman's right and liberty to do what she pleases to do to her body versus the existence of rights for the unborn.
Personally, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with abortion. I feel bad for the women that have them, it's got to bother them the rest of their life. I wish that abortion would decline or end not because it was illegal but because people would decide to not have them.
HELLO

Elizabethton, TN

#9 Feb 1, 2013
That's funny because I didn't post a comment to get a reaction/response. Was merely stating my beliefs towards abortion. God doesn't have a refuse place called hell-that would be satan. It amazes me how biblically educated athiest seem to think they are. If God swooped down to earth and showed himself to be real to everyone in the universe then just think of all the stupid athiest who would then jump on the bandwagon to heaven. I don't make fun of non believers, I just feel sorry for them but it's funny that non believers of God are always making fun of christians. You have to have faith and seek God for him to present Himself to you. Rememebr, seek and ye shall find-ask and ye shall receive?? Faith is something an athiest knows nothing about and is too stubborn to let anyone explain it to them.

I would hope that any woman would have enough morals and character to not abort a child/fetus at any stage of life. It is a very selfish act that can't be justified.
HELLO

Elizabethton, TN

#10 Feb 1, 2013
Sister Fatima wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wish to have a meaningful conversation (or learn anything new) youre going to have to be willing to consider other possibilities such as "Does God even exist?"
People who abandon logic cannot be reasoned with. It will be difficult for you to get anything other than a negative response to such a definitive comment such as the one above. It is a terrible case of circular reasoning that cannot be debated, here is why.
"Abortion is wrong."
Why? "Because God says so."
But Ive never seen God? "The Bible says He is real."
How do you know the Bible is True? "Because God says so in the Bible, and the Bible also says abortion/murder is wrong."
But WHY is abortion wrong? "Because God says so."
etc, etc.
A theory that cannot be tested or falsified is a weak theory indeed. I admire that you believe it is wrong to kill humans even in the early stages of development but perhaps your reasons for that belief are misguided. Your statement certainly gives credence to Elmer's original post.
If science demonstrated without a doubt that, God does not exist (just humor me for a sec) what would be your reasons for being against abortion? If you had never heard of God, would you still believe it was wrong? Why or why not?
It doesn't matter if there is a God or Budda or who. Abortion is wrong. You contradicted yourself from the post before this one when you said that wrong= intentionally and unnecessarily harming a creature or in so many words. Do you think that aborting a fetus is ok? It is harming/killing a creature and abortion is intentional and unnecessary.
Cheese Puff Daddy

Park Hills, MO

#11 Feb 1, 2013
HELLO wrote:
That's funny because I didn't post a comment to get a reaction/response. Was merely stating my beliefs towards abortion. God doesn't have a refuse place called hell-that would be satan. It amazes me how biblically educated athiest seem to think they are. If God swooped down to earth and showed himself to be real to everyone in the universe then just think of all the stupid athiest who would then jump on the bandwagon to heaven. I don't make fun of non believers, I just feel sorry for them but it's funny that non believers of God are always making fun of christians. You have to have faith and seek God for him to present Himself to you. Rememebr, seek and ye shall find-ask and ye shall receive?? Faith is something an athiest knows nothing about and is too stubborn to let anyone explain it to them.

I would hope that any woman would have enough morals and character to not abort a child/fetus at any stage of life. It is a very selfish act that can't be justified.
So now the typical believer versus non believer thing begins to escalate. Yet another example of how divided the country has become. I don't understand how you can call atheists stupid and then claim to not make fun of them. I'm also a bit disappointed in your condescending tone toward atheists, as a Christian you should try to be a bit more humble, you should treat atheists with the same respect you treat everybody. They should be the people you wanna set an example for the most, in the most positive way possible. Insulting their intelligence will get you nowhere..
Save the Livers

United States

#12 Feb 1, 2013
Well, I should let Sister Fatima state her case herself. She most definitely capable, but since I'm here, I will just point out that the basis was just being presented by her for an intelligent conversation on this subject and that All points of view were being listened to. In the post Immediately preceeding the one you seized on like a rabid wolverine, she clearly states that, "I value human life regardless of its stage of development."

This is a "Forum."

It is intended as a place for intelligent "discussion"

If you don't meet the requirements (see above), please shove off.
So Screwed Buccaneers

Johnson City, TN

#13 Apr 11, 2013
Sister Fatima wrote:
<quoted text>
If you wish to have a meaningful conversation (or learn anything new) youre going to have to be willing to consider other possibilities such as "Does God even exist?"
People who abandon logic cannot be reasoned with. It will be difficult for you to get anything other than a negative response to such a definitive comment such as the one above. It is a terrible case of circular reasoning that cannot be debated, here is why.
"Abortion is wrong."
Why? "Because God says so."
But Ive never seen God? "The Bible says He is real."
How do you know the Bible is True? "Because God says so in the Bible, and the Bible also says abortion/murder is wrong."
But WHY is abortion wrong? "Because God says so."
etc, etc...
Abortion is not explicitly prohibited in the bilbe...
So Screwed Buccaneers

Johnson City, TN

#14 Apr 11, 2013
Approximately 98% of all abortions in the United States occur before the fetus is even viable (during the third trimester by the U.S. Supreme Court Roe v. Wade decision).
God is a demon

Knoxville, TN

#15 Apr 12, 2013
Here's my question in regards to this so called GOD!!

Were was GOD when priests a raping boys at churches?

Were was GOD when drunk drivers kill children in accidents?

Were was GOD when the planes stuck the Towers killing people?

Were was GOD when mothers die in child birth?

Were was GOD when children are being raped in state run housing for children?

Were was GOD when children starve in all countries on earth?

Were was GOD when the kids at sandy hook were killed?

Were is GOD when your preacher drives around a insanly nice car and lives in a huge house and wears designer clothes?

Were is GOD when there are more churches that are just there for the money only?

Were is GOD when the bible was supposedly written and the churches hid half if not more in regards to the bible?

Let me quess your answers to these questions are simple. "Its all in goods master plans!!"

Tell that to the child that gets raped by preachers and priests. Tell that to the child that grows up in foster care getting beat and raped for fun. Tell that to all the families of 9/11. Tell that to all the children that have lost a there mother in childbirth. Tell that to the countless children and adults that die of starvation each day.

Sorry show me one ounce of truth in regards to a real god and I'll show you a coward! God is a Coward if he thinks its okay for any of this to happen. The next answer your probably gonna give is that god shall punish them in due time. OK heres my response to that.

Tell that to the child thats being raped for 10 plus years. Im sorry child but he/she can't be punished until he/she dies, but im sorry that your going to have to deal with it for the next ten years until you can finnally get away from them. Then im sorry your gonna have to see them from time to time and be reminded of the rape until they die... OHH and then and only then will the be punished by god!

I call BS to all that. If there is a god he is demon for allowing all that and 100 times worse occur day in day out... GO AHEAD TELL ME IM WRONG FOR THINKING THAT.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#16 Apr 12, 2013
God is a demon wrote:
Here's my question in regards to this so called GOD!!
Were was GOD when priests a raping boys at churches?
Were was GOD when drunk drivers kill children in accidents?
Were was GOD when the planes stuck the Towers killing people?
Were was GOD when mothers die in child birth?
Were was GOD when children are being raped in state run housing for children?
Were was GOD when children starve in all countries on earth?
Were was GOD when the kids at sandy hook were killed?
Were is GOD when your preacher drives around a insanly nice car and lives in a huge house and wears designer clothes?
Were is GOD when there are more churches that are just there for the money only?
Were is GOD when the bible was supposedly written and the churches hid half if not more in regards to the bible?
Let me quess your answers to these questions are simple. "Its all in goods master plans!!"
Tell that to the child that gets raped by preachers and priests. Tell that to the child that grows up in foster care getting beat and raped for fun. Tell that to all the families of 9/11. Tell that to all the children that have lost a there mother in childbirth. Tell that to the countless children and adults that die of starvation each day.
Sorry show me one ounce of truth in regards to a real god and I'll show you a coward! God is a Coward if he thinks its okay for any of this to happen. The next answer your probably gonna give is that god shall punish them in due time. OK heres my response to that.
Tell that to the child thats being raped for 10 plus years. Im sorry child but he/she can't be punished until he/she dies, but im sorry that your going to have to deal with it for the next ten years until you can finnally get away from them. Then im sorry your gonna have to see them from time to time and be reminded of the rape until they die... OHH and then and only then will the be punished by god!
I call BS to all that. If there is a god he is demon for allowing all that and 100 times worse occur day in day out... GO AHEAD TELL ME IM WRONG FOR THINKING THAT.
None of that has anything to do with God, and everything to do with people. We're the broken ones. All that you said right there are ways for PEOPLE to remain in control. The truth is that we live in a broken world, and that is why bad things happen. We're the problem, not God.
God is a demon

Knoxville, TN

#17 Apr 12, 2013
Ohh so god is just an idea not a truth. God isn't in control or has a plan for all of us. Thats what everyone says. Thats what a preacher said to me sorry your mother raped you for several years and you were just a child and scared to say anything. Its all gods plan. Trust in gods plan and follow in gods plan and you'll be saved. Saved what saving I wasn't saved! I didn't get saved until she finnally died. Thank GOD for that I only had to be raped for 10 plus years until she finnally kicked the bucket now im a grown adult and have gotten help and have a family and refuse to let the demon GOD into or around my family ever. So tell me seriously it was ok that GOD The ALmighty to allow my mother to rape me for years without even attempting to stop it. Tell that it was gods almighty plan for me. Tell me im an uneducated atheist with no logical reason for not believing in something or someone thats make believe. Tell me its ok that god this great being is good and rightous. Oh and before you ask the police never believed me that she touched hurt me raped me forced me in anyway shape or form. Hell my church didn't believe either because she was such god following bible thumping liar.
OldTennGranny

AOL

#18 Apr 12, 2013
Jesus said it would be better if someone tied a rock around someones neck & threw them in the sea compared to what Jesus would do to them for hurting little kids.

Sooo, u can just bet your mother didn't get away with what she done to u. I am so sorry u went thru that.

But honey, it wasnt God that done it to u. Put the blame and the anger where it belongs.

I know ppl feel like if God was really a true, loving God how on earth could he allow certain things to happen without putting a stop to it.

God could have created us perfect but if he had we would just have been robots running around saying yes Lord all the time. We wouldnt have had any life of our own. We wouldnt have had any choices and we wouldnt have been able to make decisions. For us to be given choices there had to be both good and bad to choose from. For us to to be able to make decisions there had to be both good and bad to have to decide on. In other words for us to have goodness in life God also had to create the opposite of good for us to even have access to goodness. God wanted us to choose to love him simply because he loved us first. God wasnt going to force us to love him because God knows that force isnt love. Its abuse and God does not abuse us.

Yet, since the beginning of time there has been those that have chosen evil over good. God just wasnt one of them. Dont blame God, honey. Blame the very one that CHOSE to do evil to u.

Once again, I am so sorry u experienced that and I pray that God will carry u thru it and comfort u. God bless you.
LOST

Baltimore, MD

#19 Apr 12, 2013
OldTennGranny wrote:
Jesus said it would be better if someone tied a rock around someones neck & threw them in the sea compared to what Jesus would do to them for hurting little kids.
Sooo, u can just bet your mother didn't get away with what she done to u. I am so sorry u went thru that.
But honey, it wasnt God that done it to u. Put the blame and the anger where it belongs.
I know ppl feel like if God was really a true, loving God how on earth could he allow certain things to happen without putting a stop to it.
God could have created us perfect but if he had we would just have been robots running around saying yes Lord all the time. We wouldnt have had any life of our own. We wouldnt have had any choices and we wouldnt have been able to make decisions. For us to be given choices there had to be both good and bad to choose from. For us to to be able to make decisions there had to be both good and bad to have to decide on. In other words for us to have goodness in life God also had to create the opposite of good for us to even have access to goodness. God wanted us to choose to love him simply because he loved us first. God wasnt going to force us to love him because God knows that force isnt love. Its abuse and God does not abuse us.
Yet, since the beginning of time there has been those that have chosen evil over good. God just wasnt one of them. Dont blame God, honey. Blame the very one that CHOSE to do evil to u.
Once again, I am so sorry u experienced that and I pray that God will carry u thru it and comfort u. God bless you.
Exactly. It's not that there isn't a plan for you life, it's that we are also given free will. To do these things, a person has to have the will to do them. How is God's plan for a person's life any different than a human parent's? How many people's parents want them to become druggies or prostitutes? I would venture none. Does that mean that those children's parents don't have a "plan" for their lives? Of course not. It means that those children used their free will to decide they didn't want to follow that plan their parents had for them. It's the exact same with God's Children as it is with earthly parents.
All Liars

Marcus Hook, PA

#20 Apr 21, 2013
Go to he!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is There Any Moral Adults At Boone Willing To S... 2 hr Let the Countdown... 11
NutriMost - New Diet Scam 2 hr Michigan 199
Michael Brown is the story dead yet? 4 hr Joke 19
Gary Phillips Construction 4 hr Random Jack 3
County pleased with TCAP scores((FALSIFIED SCOR... 6 hr still want to know 59
Courtney Ramsey at Verizon 9 hr Amy 2
ISIS Iraq we all know BUSH/Republicans got us i... 10 hr dolt 18
•••
•••
•••

Johnson City Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Johnson City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Johnson City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Johnson City
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••