What's the deal with the BP gas stati...

What's the deal with the BP gas stations going to Marathon ?

Posted in the Johnson City Forum

Ed Smith

Knoxville, TN

#1 Sep 27, 2013
Why ??
mtngrl

Johnson City, TN

#2 Sep 27, 2013
Marathon bought a bunch of the BP contracts in the southeast. BP sucks anyway. They spill oil in the ocean.
Bob

Columbus, OH

#3 Sep 28, 2013
BP was forced to sell a portion of its US assets to cover Deepwater Horizon oil spill-related payouts. Since Oct 2012 Marathon has taken over the marketing contracts for 1,200 of BP's retail fuel outlets in the southeast. The Marathon brand name is being gradually phased in at all of the locations. Marathon also acquired BP's access to the Colonial Pipeline, a refinery in Texas, and distribution terminals located in Florida, North Carolina and Tennessee.
Doug Doug

Burnsville, NC

#7 Jun 17, 2015
delilah wrote:
<quoted text>Doug, Doug. Please try to learn to spell. It's a spill, not a spell. Your grammar is atrocious.
So is your breath.
alleykatpb

United States

#9 Jul 6, 2015
I have used BP fuel for the 13 years in my 2002 Ford truck, nothing else. I have never had issues with the engine which I attribute to their fuel. I am more than disappointed knowing I no longer can buy the best fuel for my truck.
you got gas

Gainesville, FL

#10 Jul 6, 2015
Don't be dumb, we all are paying for the spill money awards, BP is laughing that they get so many tax breaks, they just will raise gas by a few cents, write off the money from their taxes and get Rush Limbaugh to support them and preach who badly there are treated by Obama and consertives will support them and buy the "right" gas.
Nicholas

Hallandale, FL

#11 Sep 26, 2015
alleykatpb wrote:
I have used BP fuel for the 13 years in my 2002 Ford truck, nothing else. I have never had issues with the engine which I attribute to their fuel. I am more than disappointed knowing I no longer can buy the best fuel for my truck.
STP Oct. Boost.... But a bottle at the local auto store and you will good to go. I to had to switch and it's in my 1212 Harley......
Supernam

United States

#12 Sep 28, 2015
I get a lot more mileage using Mobil
Mot

Matthews, NC

#13 Dec 13, 2015
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
BP is always been a very good gas station. The clean neat and honest. They cleaned up their spell after a bad accident they help people all throughout the spell area. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Look at other people have done nothing in regards to spills for tBP is always been a very good gas station. The clean neat and honest. They cleaned up their spell after a bad accident they help people all throughout the spell area. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Look at other people have done nothing in regards to the public
No one will respect your comments if you don't use spellcheck it's Spill not spell
Guesser

Kingsport, TN

#14 Dec 13, 2015
Mot wrote:
<quoted text>
No one will respect your comments if you don't use spellcheck it's Spill not spell
Maybe it is a typo
Guesser

Kingsport, TN

#15 Dec 13, 2015
Maybe op means that they had a spell of bad spills
Defend them not

Seymour, TN

#16 Dec 13, 2015
Cleaning up a oil spill and paying people for their mistake doesn't cover the fact that they screwed up and caused lots of damage.
Larry

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#17 Mar 23, 2016
Although a foreign fuel co. BP has had to fight US competitors to sell their gas. Let me see you do that......
Fossil fuels should go

Miami, FL

#18 Aug 25, 2016
Doug Doug wrote:
<quoted text>

So is your breath.
Doug is dumb. Not only can he not spell but he defends a ruthless disgusting company that damaged a whole region of our country and got off easy. How can BP be "clean and neat" when they polluted thousands of miles of our coast and tried to hide it!
judyo

Webster, MA

#19 Oct 2, 2016
[NOT JUST destroyed our coast they are responsible for ELEVEN LIVES!!!!!
Nacho0606

Hollywood, FL

#20 Nov 30, 2016
So anyway, where is the closest bp to south florida

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Tennessee ... (Oct '10) 2 hr Blue 2 89
Washington County Government Corruption 3 hr Vote 2
Washington County Sports Complex 3 hr Weird one 3
East Coast Wings JC 3 hr Money Grubber 14
crystal dykes 6 hr hahaha 1
Dentist in Johnson City Tn (Mar '13) 8 hr Local man 6
PC Repair 9 hr Worried 17

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages