Karla Kyte NO moral compass/leave
No Guts No Glory

Butler, TN

#25 Jul 14, 2014
Illogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually, a first year counselor receives help from the principal. The biggest burden on teachers is uneducated, childish parents that don't want to take responsibility for their own kids. Cam I get an amen?
First year??? No this counselor has been in the system about 15 years pretending to work at Midway and Asbury. You would think with an alleged masters degree in counseling something would have stuck with her? She must have been sick during the chapter on testing! I'm sure the principal had enough drama dealing with the counselor's run ins with other school employees, to also do her job for her! You really do need to get your facts straight before posting! Again your friend KK knew about this and did nothing! Now how is it she has our kid's best interest? No guts no glory!
Illogic

Titusville, FL

#26 Jul 14, 2014
No Guts No Glory wrote:
<quoted text>First year??? No this counselor has been in the system about 15 years pretending to work at Midway and Asbury. You would think with an alleged masters degree in counseling something would have stuck with her? She must have been sick during the chapter on testing! I'm sure the principal had enough drama dealing with the counselor's run ins with other school employees, to also do her job for her! You really do need to get your facts straight before posting! Again your friend KK knew about this and did nothing! Now how is it she has our kid's best interest? No guts no glory!
That was her first year as a school counselor, therefore that was her first year as the building testing coordinator. School counselors work as testing coordinators in Washington county. Every principal in the county has to deal with employee drama. I'm not sure about her qualifications, or what is required to actually work as a school counselor. It sounds like she had an altercation and a student heard an inappropriate word. Teachers are not perfect, just like everybody else in society. The county handled the situation. Obviously, it sounds like some people are not pleased with her service. The principal is responsible with evaluating Woodard. Kyte doesn't have the authority to just fire people whenever she wants. If that was the case there would be many teachers replaced. There is due process that is handled by her superiors. I believe facts are important as well. The problem with most of the people on johnson city topix is that they don't have control of their emotions and as a result they post very childish comments which makes it hard to take them serious. Controlled emotions + facts = progress.
No Guts No Glory

Butler, TN

#27 Jul 14, 2014
Illogic wrote:
<quoted text>
That was her first year as a school counselor, therefore that was her first year as the building testing coordinator. School counselors work as testing coordinators in Washington county. Every principal in the county has to deal with employee drama. I'm not sure about her qualifications, or what is required to actually work as a school counselor. It sounds like she had an altercation and a student heard an inappropriate word. Teachers are not perfect, just like everybody else in society. The county handled the situation. Obviously, it sounds like some people are not pleased with her service. The principal is responsible with evaluating Woodard. Kyte doesn't have the authority to just fire people whenever she wants. If that was the case there would be many teachers replaced. There is due process that is handled by her superiors. I believe facts are important as well. The problem with most of the people on johnson city topix is that they don't have control of their emotions and as a result they post very childish comments which makes it hard to take them serious. Controlled emotions + facts = progress.
I'll repeat this again just for you. KK knew about our counselor and did nothing! That just shows she cares more about her big salary than our kids! Guess who's back at our school next year......... the lazy do nothing counselor! She has fired other teachers, just not the director's special friend! No guts no glory! Thanks KK!
Cape Crusader

Shelbyville, TN

#28 Jul 14, 2014
Illogic wrote:
<quoted text>
It is apparent that you are one of the CO cover up crew. The whole county knows the truth. You are just wasting your time singing KK praises. The money is KKs top priority not the kids.
KK Cover Ups

Shelbyville, TN

#29 Jul 14, 2014
Illogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Usually, a first year counselor receives help from the principal. The biggest burden on teachers is uneducated, childish parents that don't want to take responsibility for their own kids. Cam I get an amen?
So you are insulting parents, just like the CO staff. The counselor used the f word in front of students.A person off the street knows better.
Illogic

Titusville, FL

#30 Jul 14, 2014
No Guts No Glory wrote:
<quoted text>I'll repeat this again just for you. KK knew about our counselor and did nothing! That just shows she cares more about her big salary than our kids! Guess who's back at our school next year......... the lazy do nothing counselor! She has fired other teachers, just not the director's special friend! No guts no glory! Thanks KK!
Knew what? Dr kyte could retire and live off her husbands fat pockets. Sounds like a mess at jes. It's hard to fire a tenured teacher.
Illogic

Titusville, FL

#31 Jul 14, 2014
KK Cover Ups wrote:
<quoted text>So you are insulting parents, just like the CO staff. The counselor used the f word in front of students.A person off the street knows better.
Im sure most teachers would agree that most behavior and academic issues at school are a result of a lack of support from parents. Unfortunately, some parents look at school as know more than a daycare. But, we don't live in an ideal world. We need more teachers to create smaller class sizes, so teachers have more time to work with the kids that need the extra support. It's unfortunate that the student had to experience hearing their school counselor use the f world. Im not sure firing her is the answer, although im not sure how effective she can be considering her role as a school counselor.
KK needs to retire

Butler, TN

#32 Jul 14, 2014
Illogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Knew what? Dr kyte could retire and live off her husbands fat pockets. Sounds like a mess at jes. It's hard to fire a tenured teacher.
Now you're talking and yes she needs to finally retire and enjoy her money! She would make everyone working in the school system VERY HAPPY if she left! What's stopping her? She could come to visit you in FLA. Let's make it happen and maybe she could convince the other CO senior citizens who should have retired years ago, to go with her!
Smart Cookie

Jonesborough, TN

#33 Jul 14, 2014
No Guts No Glory wrote:
<quoted text>First year??? No this counselor has been in the system about 15 years pretending to work at Midway and Asbury. You would think with an alleged masters degree in counseling something would have stuck with her? She must have been sick during the chapter on testing! I'm sure the principal had enough drama dealing with the counselor's run ins with other school employees, to also do her job for her! You really do need to get your facts straight before posting! Again your friend KK knew about this and did nothing! Now how is it she has our kid's best interest? No guts no glory!
You are one smart cookie No Guts No Glory. You tell it like it really is.
Lost All Respect

Jonesborough, TN

#34 Jul 14, 2014
Ethical people get respect from people. Unethical people get no respect. There is no respect left for her. Not even a smidgen. Once it is lost it rarely ever comes back.
Illogic

Titusville, FL

#35 Jul 14, 2014
KK needs to retire wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're talking and yes she needs to finally retire and enjoy her money! She would make everyone working in the school system VERY HAPPY if she left! What's stopping her? She could come to visit you in FLA. Let's make it happen and maybe she could convince the other CO senior citizens who should have retired years ago, to go with her!
What about crowded classrooms? Increased teacher pay? The previous counselor at jes left for Kingsport schools and about 8000 more a year. Even if we get rid of the county administrators the real issues effecting education will remain. I hope any unethical business gets addressed, but we have to stay focused on how to improve education. We are the 13th wealthiest county in the state, and rank as one of the lowest in the state on spending per student. I'm sure the county could make some cuts in non academic spending, but the county as a whole needs to make education spending a priority. I know it is complicated and difficult, but we need to be discussing realistic constructive ways to make education better. Or, we can do the easy thing and just here and bad mouth everybody and see how far that gets us. It takes guts to control your emotions and remain focused on real solutions. Cute slogans belong on campaign signs.
Talk her into retiring

Maryville, TN

#37 Jul 15, 2014
KK needs to retire wrote:
<quoted text>Now you're talking and yes she needs to finally retire and enjoy her money! She would make everyone working in the school system VERY HAPPY if she left! What's stopping her? She could come to visit you in FLA. Let's make it happen and maybe she could convince the other CO senior citizens who should have retired years ago, to go with her!
If KK retired that would be a step in the right direction in improving WCDE! She doesn't care for our kids and can't relate to parents who need help! This school system is in dire need of a personnel update! So if she is that wealthy why is she still working? I'm thinking she likes the power and control over making people miserable! That illogic yes man, her only friend, needs to talk some sense into her for the good of everyone in WCDE. Please take the other CO laughable gang with you. They need to enjoy their old age and money before going to an assisted living facility!
Voice Your Opinion

Jonesborough, TN

#38 Jul 15, 2014
In her defense she just does what the director wants her to do to to keep him out of trouble. The CO knows their job and that is their job. It does not matter if it is unethical or unlawful. She and others know where their bread is buttered. The school board needs to wise up to reality. What the board does not know hurts the school community. It is the boards job to police the director.
Pollyanna

Rock Hill, SC

#39 Jul 15, 2014
Voice Your Opinion wrote:
In her defense she just does what the director wants her to do to to keep him out of trouble. The CO knows their job and that is their job. It does not matter if it is unethical or unlawful. She and others know where their bread is buttered. The school board needs to wise up to reality. What the board does not know hurts the school community. It is the boards job to police the director.
THEN SHE NEEDS TO B TAKEN OUT WITH THE REST OF CO TRASH- don't make excuses for "Poor little Karla" she was in a posistion to stop all these evils but instead decided to keep her mouth shut and get her bread buttered by dykes- she is as unethical as dykes- belcher- Adams and all the other bend over and take it from co up the keester- hi Karla - hope u r ready for the storm--- morbito know about u too- better step lightly....
got my fingers crossed

Nashville, TN

#40 Jul 15, 2014
Parent wrote:
I called her a few years ago concerning a problem. I didn't know anything about her, I was just told to call her. When I called she acted like she was interested at first and then when she got the imformation her attitude took a turn. She wasn't interested and told me "to pick my battles wisely" . Sounds like a good use of taxpayer money. Later I told a teacher in the system what had happened. They said that's the way she does and she was trying to find out what I had on them first.
Same here! I was told to contact her first concerning my son, she acted interested in helping my son at first over the phone, but when I presented her with the proof she was no longer interested in helping us with the issue.
Why Bother with Ignorance

Johnson City, TN

#42 Jul 15, 2014
Illogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Stupid? Are you an adult? Teachers don't like testing because it proves very little. Teachers spend very little time actually testing. The time burden of testing falls on the school counselor because they have organize and prepare the test. Did you enjoy your fall break last year? I'm sure your looking forward to it this year. Have you tried getting a job in another system?
I'm shouldn't even respond to your idiotic response. I happen to be a teacher, and know what it is like to do nothing but prep the kids for testing, have practice TCAP, TCAP, Constructive Response TCAP, ETC ETC. The time burden falls on the school counselor- REALLY??? So, I guess he/she is the one who teaches the students to make sure they are prepared for the tests. You are so dumb, and it is obvious you are not a teacher. I guess you are the school counselor who is messing around with Ron Dykes. As for Fall Break, I would much rather stay in school until the end of May and start no earlier than mid August. It's ridiculous to make teachers and students start back the 1st of August. Pooh on Fall Break. We get 3 days in for Thanksgiving, out half of December, and then have snow days that we have earned. No, I'd do away with October break in a heart beat. TEACHERS OUT THERE_HOW DO YOU FEEL?
After having to start 1st of August, we darn sure need a week off in October. I am not looking forward to starting inservice July 31st. Get your head out of your butt. You are so clueless. Why am I wasting my time on your stupid comments.
Illogic

Titusville, FL

#43 Jul 15, 2014
Why Bother with Ignorance wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm shouldn't even respond to your idiotic response. I happen to be a teacher, and know what it is like to do nothing but prep the kids for testing, have practice TCAP, TCAP, Constructive Response TCAP, ETC ETC. The time burden falls on the school counselor- REALLY??? So, I guess he/she is the one who teaches the students to make sure they are prepared for the tests. You are so dumb, and it is obvious you are not a teacher. I guess you are the school counselor who is messing around with Ron Dykes. As for Fall Break, I would much rather stay in school until the end of May and start no earlier than mid August. It's ridiculous to make teachers and students start back the 1st of August. Pooh on Fall Break. We get 3 days in for Thanksgiving, out half of December, and then have snow days that we have earned. No, I'd do away with October break in a heart beat. TEACHERS OUT THERE_HOW DO YOU FEEL?
After having to start 1st of August, we darn sure need a week off in October. I am not looking forward to starting inservice July 31st. Get your head out of your butt. You are so clueless. Why am I wasting my time on your stupid comments.
Have you thought about another career?
Let teachers vent

Johnson City, TN

#44 Jul 15, 2014
Illogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah Blah! Stop the smart a$$ comments and talk your friend KK into retiring! No wonder these teachers are stressed out having to deal with that crazy control freak! If she doesn't need the money she should do the county a favor and head to house! It's been established that you are her only friend, now get off topix and start convicing her to do the right thing and RETIRE!
Illogic

Titusville, FL

#45 Jul 15, 2014
Let teachers vent wrote:
<quoted text>Blah Blah Blah! Stop the smart a$$ comments and talk your friend KK into retiring! No wonder these teachers are stressed out having to deal with that crazy control freak! If she doesn't need the money she should do the county a favor and head to house! It's been established that you are her only friend, now get off topix and start convicing her to do the right thing and RETIRE!
Blah blah blah
Why Bother with Ignorance

Johnson City, TN

#46 Jul 15, 2014
Illogic wrote:
<quoted text>
Read my name-you're it!! What has my comment got to do with my career. How dare you make comments about me and my career. If I knew who you were, I'd slap you. I didn't say I didn't love teaching. I don't love the school calendar. So, you are WAY off base. How I feel about my job has NOTHING to do with my dislike of the early start date-NOTHING! Don't make idiotic comments about teachers/students having to start back 1st of August, when you are obviously not a teacher or work in the system. I'm sure there are some teachers who prefer the October break, but most of the ones I have talked to don't-they would rather go later in May and come back later in August. Families have to have their vacations over in mid July in order to be back and get ready for school. Like your name you posted-Illogical!! or Illogic as you put it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Life Praise and Worship in Piney Flats 21 min Mr Lance 13
WJHL - Sara Diamond vs. Kylee McGivern (Mar '15) 1 hr Sierra 27
Mountain gypsies,Roan mountain Fraud 3 hr anon 10
Tri Cities Muslims 4 hr MosesGoon 42
ETSU grads working for 8.50 an hour 4 hr Whoeverwherever 4
Explain Please 12 hr DJY 57
Divorce Attorney? (Mar '09) 14 hr Loyalty 82
NutriMost - New Diet Scam (May '14) Fri Tanya 1,267
More from around the web

Personal Finance