Review: Double Time Delivery
Brittany

United States

#21 Feb 13, 2012
Great service! My order was excellent! Very convienant!
Kally

Johnson City, TN

#22 Aug 8, 2012
John Braxton wrote:
Got my order all jacked up. Completely different order from completely different restaurant. Delivery guy looked like he had been smoking meth for weeks and didn't understand why I didn't want the order that was NOT MY order! Will never order from these folks again.
I have never had this problem with them. All of the drivers I have had deliver to my house have been nice-looking, friendly people. The deliveries are always prompt. They have never messed up an order for me. They switch off drivers fairly regularly, as well. Don't let one person ruin a company for you. Give them a second try.:)
low down

Lawndale, NC

#23 Aug 13, 2012
Blana Morales wrote:
My wife ordered the chicken parmigiana from olive garden, it was dry, not much sauce at all, no garlic bread was in the bag. Doesn't it come with a salad if you order it in the restaurant? If so, no salad was included.
How can the delivery place help it if olive garden screwed up your chicken? Sounds to me like they are keeping things like salad, bread sticks, or salsa for themselves (the delivery guys). I considered ordering through them once but the delivery time was unreal. 45-1hour??!!
low down

Lawndale, NC

#24 Aug 13, 2012
Dr Neil wrote:
I ordered the lunch portion fried catfish and Honey Mustard chicken and mushrooms. I did not get my tartar sauce for the catfish. Other than that, thanks for the delivery, remember sauces next time. Thanks.
once again... Blame the restaurant for leaving out your sauce not the delivery ppl
really

Lawndale, NC

#25 Aug 13, 2012
BEN DOVER wrote:
The delivery guy acted like a complete retard! I asked him where our salads were, and he went into the ummmmmmmmmmmm stage of retardism. So basically, we paid for our meals, that in the sit down environment gets a salad, but he had no clue in this world of ummmm Mars maybe? why he didn't have salads for us. For that kind of delivery, complete cluelessness, this business gets a 0. Other than the missing salads and the delivery guys ummmmmmmmm, thanks for the delivery, the food was great.
how can you criticize them for saying ummmmmm.... With a name like Ben Dover?????!!!!
really

Lawndale, NC

#26 Aug 13, 2012
very peved customer wrote:
I ordered a scrach pizza and aksed specifically for all 3 sauces and all meat and fetta cheese with the rest on the pizza being a trust pizza (this means you trust scratch pizza to put what ingredients they think would be good) and the woman on the phone said ok and it would be 21.19 total (including the tip) and the guy with a Mohawk delivered it. The pizza was all wrong and the guy said that the price was now 25.19 double time delivery sucks and needs better employees because the way it is now its a huge rip off. I'm so mad I'm thinking about ordering a bunch of food and sending it to thewrong address just to give them what they deserve "a huge rip off"
Ummmmm.... Did the delivery guy make your pizza? Did double time make your pizza? Are you officially retarded? I'm sure the difference was the delivery fee or taxes????
really

Lawndale, NC

#27 Aug 13, 2012
very peved customer wrote:
Your right double time dose go and pick it up they don't make the food that's right. The customer could go pick the food up the food themselves. But the problem with double time delivery is that they are a delivery company and what most people and myself expect from a business like that is for the food to be correct and on time at a reasonable price. Yea I could go get the food myself but that's what I pay them for duuuhhh. So that's why there are so many negative comments on here, because the customer is always right and if they don't get there sh*t together then the cus is going to put them out of business. And its sad that you are trying so hard to pretend to be one of us "a customer " but you sound more like one of them "a employee"
I can assure you that I am NOT an employee
omg some people

Lawndale, NC

#28 Aug 13, 2012
exdeliverydriver wrote:
Last I checked bartenders get paid at least minimum wage instead of the $2 or so that servers make because they have extra things to deal with. Delivery drivers would stand the chance of going home with less money than they started out with if they tipped the person that handed them the food every time they picked up an order. They are not guaranteed a tip upon delivery.
I'm sure the drivers are paid tips plus mileage plus min wage
omg some people

Lawndale, NC

#29 Aug 13, 2012
DBLTIME wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if the bartenders have to pay for there own gas while they work (which is $3.50 a gallon), and also pay for their entire car maintance from their own pockets. Some of the drivers do tip when then can and sometimes the drivers themselves get no tip. I myself have gone in there and tipped the bartenders very well numerous times. I wonder if the drivers should start a blog and complain about customers who dont tip.
no because they would probably get fired for that. I don't blame the drivers for not tipping the bartenders. Would you tip someone while you're at work?? No you would expect the opposite. You ppl need to stop whining. You sound like a buncha babies
tipton64

Johnson City, TN

#30 Aug 13, 2012
I love it. I can't get out much anymore and it's a wonderful service for older folks
Unhappy customer

Hixson, TN

#32 May 11, 2013
Double time is a sinking ship. Matt was a complete smart ass kid last night on the phone. I was quoted an hour for delivery. After 1.75 hours I called to ck a status. No remedy was offered and I was told that the person who answered the phone should have quoted the delivery time longer. When I asked for a remedy, Matt said he could refund my delivery charge but would not deliver to me in the future and I wasnt getting my food ...period tonight. He then called the driver, who after 2 hours had finally pulled in my driveway, and told them to leave. I received no food. This story is actually comical in the fact that this kid has ABSOLUTELY ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS and will be out of business in no time. Matt...your customer is ALWAYS RIGHT!! You had better learn this skill and learn it quick or you are doomed my friend.
Candace

Morristown, TN

#33 Jun 9, 2013
very peved customer wrote:
Your right double time dose go and pick it up they don't make the food that's right. The customer could go pick the food up the food themselves. But the problem with double time delivery is that they are a delivery company and what most people and myself expect from a business like that is for the food to be correct and on time at a reasonable price. Yea I could go get the food myself but that's what I pay them for duuuhhh. So that's why there are so many negative comments on here, because the customer is always right and if they don't get there sh*t together then the cus is going to put them out of business. And its sad that you are trying so hard to pretend to be one of us "a customer " but you sound more like one of them "a employee"
. You are mistaken the customer is not always right. You are an idiot for saying that.
hmm

Knoxville, TN

#34 Mar 6, 2014
actually, in the world of service, the customer IS "always right"... not in the strict sense (because we all know good and well that people can be ignorant and unrelenting in their complaints, as well as deceitful about things that may not have even happened to them), but in the sense that we HAVE to treat them as if they're always "right." In the world of management, I have quickly realized that customer satisfaction can make or break a place, and in order to keep your business reputation on the "up and up," you may have to kiss a little butt, stroke a few egos, and apologize for things that you know you didn't do...on the flip side, NEVER accept responsibility for an incident, as what you say "can and WILL be used against you in a court of law." As a nurse, I know that my patients and certainly their family members (who so often attempt to compare their "what-i-just-looked-up-on -google-or-wikipedia" knowledge to my BS/MSN graduate degree from Vanderbilt & my 11 years of experience in the medical field) will have a negative opinion or complaint about the care they receive, the treatments, the food, etc. We have to try to accommodate even the most ridiculous requests from the lowest caliber people (within reason)...why? Take the place I work as an RN nurse supervisor, for example: It's a privately owed nursing home. Let's say (for instance) that we have a resident (aka customer) who complains about having to get out of bed at 5am to get ready for breakfast & to start the day (AM care) OR lets say that person does not want to take their 6am blood pressure and heart medications. If that resident in alert & oriented, and able to make their own decisions, then by right they can refuse ANYTHING we ask them to do. We can attempt to explain the repercussions of not doing these things, but we cannot force them. That is clear cut, but let's say that you have an alert and oriented resident who accuses a nurse of NOT giving them a specific medication (pain meds, most often). As a manager, who do you side with?#1 rule of medicine: CYA (cover your ass)... if it's not charted, it's not done; on the flip side, if it's charted and missing from the narc box, well we assume it has been given (looks good for the nurse); but we must cover our bases- look at cameras, ask others (witnesses), etc. If we find anything against the nurse, we may have her submit to a UDS. We must investigate the patient's claims not because we agree, but bc of what could happen if we don't (law suits, etc). This is a very long explanation of why you have to act as if the customer is always right, but it serves its purpose in detailing why. Hope this clears things up... service industry means ANY place where your business is providing goods or services to paying patrons/customers, so the "customer is always right" concept applies to everything in the industry.

Since: Mar 14

Johnson City, TN

#35 Mar 28, 2014
very peved customer wrote:
I ordered a scrach pizza and aksed specifically for all 3 sauces and all meat and fetta cheese with the rest on the pizza being a trust pizza (this means you trust scratch pizza to put what ingredients they think would be good) and the woman on the phone said ok and it would be 21.19 total (including the tip) and the guy with a Mohawk delivered it. The pizza was all wrong and the guy said that the price was now 25.19 double time delivery sucks and needs better employees because the way it is now its a huge rip off. I'm so mad I'm thinking about ordering a bunch of food and sending it to thewrong address just to give them what they deserve "a huge rip off"
First of all, it's "Scratch" pizza. Secondly, it's disgusting. Therefore, anything you got from there couldn't be worse than what you ordered.

Since: Mar 14

Johnson City, TN

#36 Mar 28, 2014
Unhappy customer wrote:
Double time is a sinking ship. Matt was a complete smart ass kid last night on the phone. I was quoted an hour for delivery. After 1.75 hours I called to ck a status. No remedy was offered and I was told that the person who answered the phone should have quoted the delivery time longer. When I asked for a remedy, Matt said he could refund my delivery charge but would not deliver to me in the future and I wasnt getting my food ...period tonight. He then called the driver, who after 2 hours had finally pulled in my driveway, and told them to leave. I received no food. This story is actually comical in the fact that this kid has ABSOLUTELY ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS and will be out of business in no time. Matt...your customer is ALWAYS RIGHT!! You had better learn this skill and learn it quick or you are doomed my friend.
I get the feeling that you are very rarely ever right. Don't feel bad. Just accept it and move on. Oh, and go get your own food!
JCProud

Johnson City, TN

#37 Mar 29, 2014
seriously wrote:
Double Time doesn't fix the food people they pick it up from where you've ordered and deliver it! I use their service often and love it....thanks for offering such a great service! Those complaining pick it up or go get it yourselves!!!
I totally agree! We order a least once a week and Teresa/Matt are always wonderful if something is missing or not right. It's the resturants responsibility to make sure that everything is in your order. Double Time is a wonderful service to our community and we are so glad that they are here!!!!
apt4

Cookeville, TN

#38 Mar 30, 2014
JCProud wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree! We order a least once a week and Teresa/Matt are always wonderful if something is missing or not right. It's the resturants responsibility to make sure that everything is in your order. Double Time is a wonderful service to our community and we are so glad that they are here!!!!
Absolutely! I'm a regular customer as well and have been for over a year. I'm grateful to have Double Time Delivery. Thank you Teresa and Matt.:)
paige Caudill

Brevard, NC

#39 May 13, 2014
U dont like then DONT USE THEM. GET OFF YR LAZY ASS and go get yr own food. The drivers for double time DELIVER YOUR FOOD. they dont cook it. Hell U want them to feed u 2
Fuqdoubletime

Johnson City, TN

#40 Sep 23, 2014
Was just hung up on by Teresa at double time because I commented on my order no to mess the order up. Obviously the business will go out of business having idiots like Teresa.
Fuqdoubletime

Johnson City, TN

#41 Sep 23, 2014
DBLTIME wrote:
If you have problems or comments the BEST way to get them addressed is to tell Double Time. Not to complain on some website that I just happend to stumble upon! If after you called and spoke your mind, if nothing was done to make it better, than sure complain away.
I have replys to many of the before posts but they are so long ago I am not sure if it matters. P.S. NO other person posting on here is from Doubletime..Thanks seriously and exdeliverydriver!
I just told double time, and Teresa hung up on me. I didn't cuss her out. So called because I commented on order not to mess the order up again and she calls and hangs up. Kind of pathetic service.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Johnson City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Snitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 6 min Understand 18
washington county detention center (Feb '13) 26 min Understand 33
Which Hospital here in JC is best for Surgery? 1 hr Understand 7
Dr Knox at Appalachian ortho is Horrible!!!! 1 hr Understand 2
I Miss Anna Zook! 7 hr Tim 31
Best Place to get massage in Johnson City Tn or... (Jan '11) 19 hr Big rik 65
Statewide paving scam. Mon DrWhat 2

Johnson City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Johnson City Mortgages